Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,083 members, 7,835,651 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Secrets Of the gods - Literature (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Secrets Of the gods (112633 Views)

The Gods Are Hungry / Who Offended The gods of the land? / Food For The Gods. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Secrets Of the gods by Buddydogg(m): 10:31am On Oct 03, 2013
Winnie1950: you are free to join me but no trespassing. Make sure that you remain on your own side of the bed. Btw still waiting patiently for update.
lol
Re: Secrets Of the gods by IzyLuv(f): 12:37pm On Oct 03, 2013
I've read all ur stories but never commented...
Ur talent is rare...
Ur imaginations are out of this world..
I don't think twld be easy for anyone to imitate you...

I love love ur stories but ehmmmm... Confusion nearly kill me for this one sha.

More grease to whereva needs iT...
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 12:43pm On Oct 03, 2013
Wow guys, thanks for hanging there. I will update in the next thiry minutes. Just want to finish up with what I am doing.

But meeeen, the power problem is getting out of hand.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by fulli16(m): 1:01pm On Oct 03, 2013
And sum1 wld tell me explosive stories re only found in novels

Oga Frank...u re GREAT.
Ur imagination is unimaginable(dnt knw if dat grammar z harmful)
Am lost f words 2 commend yhu.
You too much!!!

Oga kay...greetings
Mynd...Respect
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Winnie1950(f): 1:34pm On Oct 03, 2013
30 minutes have been long gone
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 2:30pm On Oct 03, 2013
Chapter 8[b]
[/b]
Before leaving Abuja for Uyo, Inspector Lucky had put Officer Abdul in charge of the investigation. He instructed the officer to ensure he cleared the environment, followed up the doctor’s report and made out chance to go to the hospital and ensure the medallion was still intact.

He was somehow excited about the trip. He just hoped that the trip will help in resolving the case once and for all.

They got to psychology department and asked a group of students about a final year student named Saint.

“I saw him walking out of the first gate with his girl friend just a few minutes ago.” A male student quickly responded. He was just coming from up school and had wondered why Saint acted strange as he headed out of the school gate.

They were a group of 300 year students who were standing in front of the department. Perhaps they were waiting for their next lecture.

“Why would he leave the school at this hour, are they through with the day’s lecture?” Lucky asked, he was glad that it has been confirmed that there was actually a student named Saint in the psychology department of the school.

“We don’t know sir, we are 300level students and don’t have any idea what their time table is like.” Another student said.

Rotimi looked around the environment, “Can we speak to any final year student present?”

The group of students looked around them simultaneously, “They are hardly seen hanging around the department in recent times because they now have few lectures. I don’t think any of them is around.”

“Thank you very much,” Lucky said to them and together the two men walked away from them.

The students continued in their discussion without suspecting anything.

“We’d better go located the address he gave us instead of wasting out time here since it has already been confirmed that he was seen leaving the school environment.” Lucky said. He wanted them to get this over with and go back to Abuja if possible. He was actually afraid that there might be another news of death before he returned. He just hoped their mission wouldn’t be fruitless.

They quickly headed for the school gate and soon they were outside the school premises. They boarded two different commercial bikes out of the many available.

Rotimi gave the commercial bike the address, and soon they were headed towards that direction.

Udobio Street seemed to be a popular street and it was a walkable distance from the university. They found house number 10 with ease. While they paid off the men, Lucky noticed that the bald young man in red robe they had seen earlier in the school compound was just 5 buildings away from number 10, and was walking slowly towards their direction.

Rotimi looked towards the direction that the policeman was starring at, “This is getting weirder. Seeing him in school was strange but seeing here is quite crazy.”

“Why would this fellow dress up like the monks the writer described in the beginning of his story be lurking around since we came into town?” Lucky said

“Do you think he is also searching for the writer like us?” Rotimi added to the questions.

“Well, first things first, let’s locate the writer first and find out what he knows. We will also have to confront the monk if he keeps on hanging around, if need be, that is.

They walked up to the food vendor lady in front of the building.

“Good day madam,” Rotimi started, “Please we are here to see a young man named Saint, we believe he is an occupant of this building.”

While the woman quickly served one of her customers a sachet of water, Lucky studied her carefully. The face looked familiar but he wasn’t sure where or how. He thought she looked like someone he appreciated and admired lately.

He quickly shrugged the thought of his mind and looked towards the direction he had seen the monk earlier on. The strange fellow was gradually approaching like he had all the time in the world.

“I am Saint’s mother; I hope there is no problem. Did my son do something wrong?” she asked with a little apprehension. Strange men don’t come asking for his son, who always kept to himself, everyday.

“No madam. We just have something important to discuss with him. It has to do with a story he is writing. I am sure he will make you proud at the end of the day.” Rotimi quickly put. He would say anything nice so as not to spook the mother or stop her from allowing them see Saint in a peaceful atmosphere.

They were pleasant looking gentlemen and she thought they didn’t look like trouble. She asked the little girl who worked with her to go notify Saint of the presence of the strangers.

Saint came to the door of the building almost immediately and kindly asked them to come in. the men obliged, delighted with themselves that they were making serious progress.

He led them to the sitting room and excused himself.

The sitting room was under furnished with old looking electronic devices. There was a black and white framed picture of a man that looked like Saint. Lucky was sure that the man was his father. The floor of the room was covered with an old carpet and the curtains looked so ordinary. The sitting room had no special touch. It was like its owners didn’t care how it looked like, like they had other interesting life issues that had more of their attention.

Soon Saint walked in with Mfon by her side. He had gone to assure his mother that she had no need to worry and had met an excited Mfon at the passage.

“You are welcome to my home.” Saint said in a pleasant and exciting tone. He couldn’t believe that the men had actually taking their time to come visit him in his home. Was this going to be a major break in his life? Was this going to bring his humble self to lime light? Would he soon be famous? Of course they wouldn’t come all the way here if they weren’t serious. “I am very happy to have you here.”

“We are glad to be here too. I guess this is your girl friend… Mfon right?” Rotimi was quick to guess this. The body language the two exchanged didn’t signify they were casual friends, neither did it signify that they were siblings. He was also impressed with the writer’s choice of a relationship partner.

“Yes sir,” Mfon replied with a delightful smile that almost carried the two men away.

“I am Rotimi and this is Inspector Lucky,” he noticed a change in Saint’s countenance at the mention of the word ‘inspector’, “we really want to know what inspired you to write this compelling piece.”

Why would a policeman follow him to meet up with him? Was he in some kind of trouble? He had been spooked up enough for the day by the strange fellow in red; the presence of a policeman in his home wasn’t a comfortable thing for him at the moment. Perhaps he was just getting ahead of himself. He looked towards Mfon’s direction, but there was no sign that the presence of the cop had any effect on her. “I just wrote the story. Nothing really inspired me. I just thought of the story and wrote it.” He said, trying to be calm.

Lucky wasn’t okay with the answer, “There should be historical facts or story told to you by someone about the medallion that had inspired you to write this story.”

“I just thought of the story and wrote it.” Saint maintained, “Nobody told me any story and I have never heard of anything related to it.”

“Okay, perhaps you have been to Abuja before and met some people whose name you decided to use and write the story.” The inspector asked. He knew that the question was foolish. The boy didn’t show any sign that he recognized him, yet he wrote about him.

Saint just shook his head sideways, Looking all confused. Something was definitely wrong. These questions weren’t the kind he has expected. These men want to know how he got the story. Oh God! Was he in trouble?

Mfon was beginning to feel the heat too. This was interrogation no interview.

Rotimi noticed his discomfort and decided to spill the beans. “Mr. Saint. The story you are writing is happening life in Abuja.”

“What?” Saint didn’t know when the word came out of his mouth.

“Yes, everything you have described is happening just as you described in your story. People are dying Saint, and we need to know what you know.” Rotimi pressed.

The excited look that clouded Saint’s face changed to a look of dismay. “How…Why? My story is killing people? How can that be possible?” He said. He now knew he was in serious trouble.

Mfon only shifted uncomfortably on her chair.

“Do you remember talking about Inspector Lucky in your story?” Rotimi asked.

This question got the youngsters looking at the inspector like they were seeing him for the first time.

Yes, he had mentioned the name inspector Lucky in his story, but he couldn’t remember the way he described the policeman in the story, Saint thought.

Mfon saw it. She remembered how Saint had described the cop. This was strange and weird.

“When did it all start?” Saint found himself asking. He remembered that most of the things he talked about in the story were basically fiction and very impossible to happen in real life. “I started this story a long time ago….

“The killings started on Sunday evening.” Lucky quickly said.

Saint looked at Mfon. “That was the date she started posting the story on line. Are you trying to tell me that there is a man named Clifford who abused his daughter?”

The cops nodded, “The demonic black smoke and the death of Clifford’s partners by the black smoke and every other character you mentioned in the story. All have been witnessed in Abuja, at exactly the same location you described.”

Saint remained silent. He felt like he was going faint.

Mfon was scared; she was beginning to shiver a little. Was this all a dream or reality? Or was it some kind of joke? She blamed herself for all of this. In her bid to make Saint famous, she had landed him in trouble.

“So what is going to happen to me,” Saint asked, wondering how his imagination could be happening in real life. Did they come to arrest him? He already knew he was in trouble with the law.

Inspector lucky suddenly felt pity for him. The young man looked like he was going to pee on his pants. From the look of things, he was sure the writer was telling them the truth. “We came all the way here because we think you can help us.”

Saint shook his head helplessly, “I don’t have idea how I can do that.”

“Perhaps there is something you might not be remembering at the moment. Just take your time and remember how you came about the story…”
“Like I said inspector, the story was just my imagination. I just decided to write it… there was no prior experience or contact with anybody that caused me to start it.”

The two men were beginning to feel frustrated. This wasn’t helping.

Could the boy be lying? Should he use threat to make the young man come up with something tangible? Perhaps they were being too soft on him. How could he tell them that there was no explanation to the fact that he was predicting terrible things in his story? People are dying for God’s sake.

“Okay we will like to have the remaining manuscript. Perhaps that can help us anticipate the next event that is supposed to take place.” Rotimi also wanted to know if he had predicted some of the past events, like the dead woman on the flyover, in an unuploaded manuscript.
“Honestly sir, I have been having writer’s block since I finished with the chapter four of the story. I have no other manuscript and I don’t have any idea of what else to write.”

Rotimi believed him. Right from the time he communicated with him on the phone to the way he welcomed them, he couldn’t find a reason to doubt the writer.

“The Monk.” Mfon said and everybody looked at her. “There was a monk that I thought looked like some people Saint described in the story following Saint in school today. He was the reason why we left school very early. Perhaps he could help in providing some of the answers we can’t answer.

How could they have forgotten about the monk?

“We saw him too,” Rotimi said and stood up, “Let’s hope he is not here to seek answers like us.”

They all followed him towards the exit of the building. Mfon and Saint didn’t understand why the two men were heading out of the building at the mention of the Monk.

When they got out side, they all saw the strange monk, standing opposite the building and staring at it.

Everybody was staring at him like he was from space. His presence had caused Udobio Street to stand still.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Secrets Of the gods by prettynurse: 2:33pm On Oct 03, 2013
frank3.16:
Wow!!!!!! Did anybody see this? My story just made it to the front page.

Can u belive this is my fourth story on nairaland and they all made it to the front page... I really need some body to hug (female especially) and cry tears of joy on his/HER shoulder.

I love nairaland.
pls hug n even kiss me!
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 2:33pm On Oct 03, 2013
fulli_16: And sum1 wld tell me explosive stories re only found in novels

Oga Frank...u re GREAT.
Ur imagination is unimaginable(dnt knw if dat grammar z harmful)
Am lost f words 2 commend yhu.
You too much!!!

Oga kay...greetings
Mynd...Respect

thank you sir
IzyLuv: I've read all ur stories but never commented...
Ur talent is rare...
Ur imaginations are out of this world..
I don't think twld be easy for anyone to imitate you...

I love love ur stories but ehmmmm... Confusion nearly kill me for this one sha.

More grease to whereva needs iT...

i hope there is no more confusion... thanks for the beautiful words
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 2:35pm On Oct 03, 2013
prettynurse: pls hug n even kiss me!

lol... thank dear
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 2:37pm On Oct 03, 2013
“Good morning my friend, I have to talk with you.” Odion said once he saw them. He was directing his statement at Saint.

Saint’s mother was visibly scared. She was glad when she saw her son and the strangers come out of the building. She had been intending to go and inform them of the strange fellow that had been standing in front of the building for the past five minutes.

Mfon felt the need to calm her down. She was also scared, but she didn’t think Mrs. Offiong could handle all these; the woman looked like she had seen a ghost. So she walked up to the older woman to talk to her.

“Bring him into the house; we need to here what he has to say.” Lucky instructed the writer.

Like a robot, Saint walked up to the stranger, “Who are you and what do you want from me?” He said out of his dried mouth.

“I am Odion, I am here to guide and explain things to you.”

“Me? Why me?” Saint said.

Rotimi had already walked closer, “He will answer every question, why don’t you bring him in and make him comfortable?”

“What is going on?” Mrs. Offiong cried out loud. Mfon’s right hand was on her shoulder. She seemed not to be doing a good job in calming the woman down.

“It’s okay mum, everything is alright. He is a friend.” Saint called out to his mum as they walked into the building.
“Do they want to kill my son?”

Mfon forced a smile, “Nobody is trying to hurt Saint. He has been selected to help the government solve a case. They will pay him so much money.”

The older woman looked at her in surprise, “Why my son?”

“He wrote something important that the government found interesting.” Mfon said, not happy that she was lying to the ignorant woman.

“Who then is that strange boy in red cloths?” she asked.

He is Saint’s friend. Let me go and join them, I will explain to you when I come out.” With that, Mfon walked into the building.

“Please do my daughter.” Was all the older woman could say?

In the sitting room, Odion continued to stare at the tree people opposite him. He turned his head as Mfon appeared at the door. It was like he was studying them.

Actually, Odion was scanning them for evil tendencies. He couldn’t detect anything evil although he wasn’t able to go deep into meditation with the situation on ground. He was also a little bit confused. He didn’t intend to speak with the writer in the presence of other people. He wasn’t sure talking to them was the right thing to do. But talk to him he must.

Everybody remained silent.

Rotimi was sure bringing him in was the right move. He knew this monk came from the same monastery Saint had described in his story. He was sure he had answers.

The policeman wondered why the monk was taking so much time to speak up. He couldn’t wait to hear what the strange fellow had to say.
“Please, can you tell us who you are?” the journalist spoke up.

“I am here because of the writer.” Odion said.

Saint’s eyes opened a bit wide. What was it about this story that was causing so much commotion? “Why do you want to see me?” he politely asked.

“You were chosen by the gods.”

“Why me? How did you locate me?” Saint asked.

“I can’t say way the gods chose you, but I was able to locate you because of your high concentration spiritual energy.” Odion said.
What the hell does that mean? Saint thought.

“Can you please help us explain what is happening? This young man is writing a story and we are experiencing it life in far away Abuja.” Rotimi asked.

“Everything he wrote in the story was meant to happen. It didn’t happen because he wrote it. He wrote it because it would happen.”
Somehow this got Saint a little bit relaxed.

Mfon relaxed too.

Lucky sat up. This was exactly what he needed to hear. Now he had seen someone who had something to say.

“The gods chose him to put it down; they just made him a little bit ahead of what was meant to happen. He knows the end from the beginning, he can also change it.” Odion continued, “He now know the destiny of series of event that is going to happen. What he puts down is what happens. That is why I am here; to guide him.

Mfon was getting interested. Saint was actually a special person.

“Can you tell us about the medallion and the monastery?” Rotimi asked. He seemed to be the only person asking the right questions. Inspector Lucky was glad to have him around.

“We are guardians of the medallion. It was the reason for our existence.” Odion replied.

“Existence?”

“We lived our life only to ensure it was safe till this day.” Odion explained.

“How long have the monastery been existing, perhaps you should start from the beginning.” Rotimi requested.

“We came into existence in 1945. If you check back in history it marked the end of a major event that happened in the world. This event involved majority of nations including all the great powers with more than 100million people from 30 different countries. It threw the entire economic, industrial and scientific capabilities behind its efforts and resulted in an estimated 50 million to 85million fatalities. It was the deadliest conflict in human history.”

“The second world war.” Rotimi whispered. As a journalist he knew these things.

“This deadly event actually happened because of a war among the gods. When two elephants fight, the grass suffers. Such chaos among the gods caused greater crises among humans. And even though it didn’t take long to be resolved among the gods… the crisis among humans lasted for 6years.”

What has the 2nd world war got to do with the medallion? This was the questions in the mind of his audience.

“The gods were very much concerned with the effect on the conflict on humans, so a temporal solution to the conflict among the gods was the best option. Ghaoul was the instigator of the fight and he was rendered powerless by locking up his power in the medallion. You see, once a troublesome god’s power is locked up in the golden medallion, it can never be found among the gods. This is because the evil power locked there in could easily influence the other gods to become evil too. So they had to bring it among humans. It was a temporal solution because they knew the power would be released with time, just as long as it was among humans.

This solution led to the end of crises among human 68 years ago.”

“Wow,” was the only word that escaped the journalist’s lips. “So what exactly was the function of the monastery? How and why was it set up?”

Odion took a liking on Rotimi, he would have made a wonderful monk, the monk thought, “During the war, the gods needed a peaceful environment to keep the medallion. Africa was peaceful and uncorrupt; the good and loving people of Ibibio provided a haven for the medallion top be dropped. The gods choose a man who was pure in heart to keep the medallion. He was made to recruit some good men to help him preserved it and that was how the monastery started. A first it was a secret because the Ibibio people provided all they needed since they understood the importance of the medallion. But nothing could be kept secret forever.

The function of the monastery? We keep the secret of the gods intact. The gods bought time by keeping the presence of the medallion as secret as possible. Yet they knew it wouldn’t be kept secret forever. They knew this day would come.” Odion said as he remembered how they had felt it was all their fault when the medallion was stolen. Now they know better.

“Why was Saint selected? What is he meant to do?” Mfon asked.

Odion laughed, “Only the gods know why they selected him. I cannot answer that. But maybe we will find out soon. But if we don’t we can’t question the gods. Right now, he has the story of what might happen to the medallion. That is why I am here, to help him find the right path to follow.

“But I don’t have any idea on what next to write. I don’t know what is supposed to happen next.” Saint complained. He wished they could take him serious. Mfon had also not believed him all these while.

Odion didn’t know why the writer was saying this. He shouldn’t be saying that he didn’t know what to write any longer. He should know.

“So what do we do about everybody mentioned in the story?” Inspector asked. He just wanted the killings to stop. “Who is this demon?”

“Everybody mention in the story is a piece to the puzzle. The fact that the writer talked about them means they are important in one way or the other either for good or bad. The intention here is to stop Ghaoul from getting hold of the medallion. Once he gets it, he will unleash the power there in and go back to the world of the gods to start up another fight. Ghaoul is mischievous and dangerous. He hates anything good and the fact that he has already been released when those evil men touched the medallion means he will be a problem to humans until he finds the medallion.”

Saint was at least glad that it wasn’t his fault the demon was released. Odion had said it was meant to be.

“Is he really a cloud of smoke? Why did he appear in this form?” Lucky asked again.

“He cannot appear in his real form just as long as he hasn’t got the medallion. The gods know that the longer he stays without his powers, the weaker he becomes. So they used the writer to keep him away from the medallion.” Odion carefully replied.

“But he is causing havoc even though you claim he hasn’t yet gotten his power.” The inspector looked frustrated. He really couldn’t believe he was listening to this and believing it. It was like listening to a fairy tale.

“I believe the writer can still help and I think that is where he can come in. I will also guide him.” Odion said.

“Do you think he should come with us to Abuja? Besides, Chief Uzor wants us to come back with him.” Rotimi said.

Both Mfon and Saint remembered Chief Uzor quite clearly even as he was mentioned in the story. He was the rich man Saint described. So he was real also? Mfon thought.

“He wants me to come to Abuja?” Saint asked, wondering what he wanted of him.

“Yes, you mentioned a name that had significance to him that we couldn’t understand. He didn’t open up either. I guess you can remember mentioning the name Edna Ajah.” Rotimi said to Saint.

Saint nodded in agreement. “But I can’t leave my school and mum just like that.” He complained. “I don’t even know what to do when I get there; I have no idea on what next to write.”

Odion was getting more worried by the repetition of this statement. What does the writer mean by that? He was supposed to know exactly what to write.

Rotimi’s mobile phone vibrated, it was Chief Uzor.

“Good morning sir,”

“Were you able to see the writer?” the chief asked in a business like tone.

“Yes sir, but…”

“Then you better start coming with him down here. I really need to speak with him.”

Rotimi looked at Saint, “Sir, I am having a little difficulty in bringing him along with me. He doesn’t want to leave his school. He is also concerned about his mum…”

“Is he there with you?” Uzor asked.

“Yes sir,”

“Give him the phone.”

Rotimi quickly handed the phone to Saint, “Chief Uzor wants to speak with you.”

Saint collected the mobile phone in confusion. He was actually going to speak with a character in his story who was real. Everything was happening so fast and he wasn’t sure if he was handling it all right.

“Good morning Sir,” he managed to say.

“How are you… it is important I see you and speak with you. Rotimi has just told me what you said and I don’t think that will be a problem. What does your mum do for a living?”

“She is a food vendor….”

“Okay, I will get your residential address and send some people to her. let’s work on opening the best supermarket in Uyo for her. As for your school, I will put a call to the necessary authority so that you will be given special consideration. Meanwhile I will need you account, I want to forward 1m naira to your account… will you still be coming?” Chief Uzor was ready to do anything to learn what this writer knows about Edna, her son and his own safety from this evil smoke.

“I will think about it sir,” Saint said. He wasn’t sure he just heard what the rich man had promised him. His head began to spin. What does he really expect from him? He actually didn’t know what next to do about the story. One million naira?

“Since you seem not to remember what next to write, perhaps if you get in contact with your characters, you might come up with something.” Odion broke into his thought.

“Are you suggesting I go with them to Abuja?” Saint asked.

Odion knew there could be problem once Ghaoul feels the presence of the writer through his high energy concentration. But he also knew that it was necessary for the writer to be close to the medallion since he kept on complaining that he didn’t know what to write; it might give him the inspiration he needed. “Yes, you will have to go to Abuja.” He looked at the policeman, “Do you know where the medallion is?”

“Yes, we know where it is.” Lucky said.

Saint remembered the rich man’s promise, a smile appeared on his face, “Alright, I will go with you, but she will go with us too and…” he looked at Odion, “he needs a makeover.”

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 2:50pm On Oct 03, 2013
Once he got to the hospital vicinity, Ekene tried to straighten up his roughened cloth and tried to look bright. He had already taken the time all through the way here to work on his emotions. He stopped blaming himself for not being on his guard. It wasn’t really his fault; nobody would have expected that Bola’s attackers would come visiting in the morning.

He wouldn’t want Sandra to see him looking all roughened up. He was glad he had another chance in life to see the girl that had suddenly occupied his dread all thought the night.

The doctor who attended to him yesterday saw him and his face lit up with a smile. “Your friend is conscious,” he announced. Then he noticed the cut of Ekene’s face, “What happened to you?”

“I can’t go into details not, I need to see him.” Ekene said. He wasn’t in the mood for being pleasant.

“This way,” the doctor said. The violence that seems to be associated with his patient must be looked into before he gets discharged.

Bola was still lying down and looked. He was still in the emergency ward; it wasn’t a private room but it was neat enough.
“Hey” Bola said weakly.

“Thank God you are awake,” Ekene sat on a small chair close to him.

Bola saw the cut and small bruises on his face. It was also slightly swollen. “They came to the house?” he asked in a low voice.

Ekene nodded his head in agreement.

Bola sighed and looked away.

“What is happening? I really need to know.” Ekene said, “Who is James and what does he want with you? Perhaps I can find a way to talk to him.”

Bola knew Ekene was a tough breed but he was sure Ekene wouldn’t handle this. “He is a drug dealer and I owe him some money. There is nothing you can say to him except his money is returned. But even now, I think it is already too late. He will not rest until he kills me… I am sorry man for putting your life in danger. You must stay away from the house for now. I will think of what to do.”

“But where do I stay? I don’t even know anybody in this town.”

“Here is my ATM card,” he gave Ekene his pin, “Go and withdraw twenty thousand naira from my account. When you come back I will tell you what to do. There is an ATM somewhere around the hospital.”

Ekene wondered where his friend had gotten the card from. He didn’t see it in his pocket yesterday. He stood up and started to leave.
“Hey, there is a pretty chic that has been checking on me and asking if you have been here.” Bola said.

Ekene just nodded his head with a slight smile and walked out. He knew it was Sandra. How did she find out Bola was his friend? Perhaps she could have asked the doctor that had spoken with him yesterday when they were together.

He had barely taken three steps when he heard a beautiful feminine sound behind him. He turned around.

“Sandra, you are here.” He said with a smile.

She walked up to him. “Ya, I have checked on you twice. Where are…” she saw the bruised face. “What happened to you,” she asked and instinctively stretched her hand to touch his face.

Sandra had found herself thinking about Ekene all though the night. She just looked forward to seeing him. She had asked herself what was wrong with her for like 100 times. Then she had convinced herself that she really wanted to see him because she thought he would be of help in bringing Angela out of her misery.

But looking at him now, she knew she liked him.

“I had a little accident,” he said, delighted at her touch. He felt like holding her hands.

She knew he was lying, “Oh, they came for you?”

“Who?” he asked, feigning ignorance.

She looked hard at him.

“Alright, I will tell you what happened, but that will be later. I want to use the ATM.”

“ATM? This way. We have to pick up Angela on the way… I think she is looking forward to seeing you.” She said and led the way.

“Did she tell you that?” he said as he followed her. Staying with her didn’t make him feel much of the stress he was going through.

“You will see.”

Angela was sitting on a slab at the same place Ekene had first seen her yesterday. She was still holding her wrapped object.

Her face somehow brightened when she saw Ekene. He walked up to her and sat beside her. “How are you? He said and held her on the shoulder.”

She just looked up at him, then at Sandra who was standing and observing.

Sandra was again amazed at the wonder his presence did to the poor girl. It was even a better sight than what she experienced yesterday.

Ekene stretched his other hand to what she was holding, “What is this you are holding, your toy? Can I see?”

To Sandra’s astonishment Angela let him take the wrapped object.

Ekene held the object and looked at Sandra, “Unwrap it,” she said in a polite whisper.

Ekene unwrapped the material and behold the most precious object he had ever seen. The golden medallion looked like something from ‘Alice in wonderland’. He couldn’t believe it was real, neither did Sandra.

Quickly, Ekene tied it back. His heart was beating faster than normal. There was fear on his face. He looked up at Sandra, “I guess you will tell me what is really going on after I am through with explaining to you what happened to me.”

“Okay, I will.” She found herself saying. She just realized that she will need Ekene to help her with her Angela’s situation.
Ekene made Angela stand up, and together they headed for the ATM.

Behind them, One of Jame's man, observed them. He was the same man that had found the receipt in Ekene’s pocket.
Luckily he had arrived the hospital early enough and spotted Ekene when he came out of the emergency ward and met with the girl. He had decided to follow them.

Seeing the golden object in the little girl’s hand had given him delightful goose bumps, he was sure it was worth a fortune. He couldn’t wait to tell the boss what he’d just found out.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 2:54pm On Oct 03, 2013
hi everyone. i would have promised to update tomorrow, but from the look of things, it wouldnt be easy, especially as a result of the epileptic power supply. if i cant update tomorrow, i will definitely update on Saturday. i hope u will understand. thnk and have a happy read.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by prettynurse: 2:54pm On Oct 03, 2013
Wow,my dear-u too much!
Re: Secrets Of the gods by zenie(f): 2:55pm On Oct 03, 2013
tnx 4d long update..truly da best kiss
Re: Secrets Of the gods by JeffreyJamez(m): 3:20pm On Oct 03, 2013
Lol Rogerz was searching for Necklace, now oga Ghaoul is searching for Medallion, what will oga franko next villain be serching for?....lol

The Action part wan to start!!!!!Oga Franko....I hail thee!!!
Re: Secrets Of the gods by jslimz(f): 3:59pm On Oct 03, 2013
Very interesting.

Saint heading for Abuja with Odion and Mfon.
James might be interested in the medallion (another wicked person that can be used by Ghauol)
Saint's mother's condition is about to be upgraded.

What will happen next? #carrying mat and wrapper to throw in this thread#

Thanks for the lengthy update.

Frank, please make the update tomorrow. Phcn will behave, don't worry.

1 Like

Re: Secrets Of the gods by SlimShawty(f): 4:53pm On Oct 03, 2013
Nice one.Thumbs up
Re: Secrets Of the gods by SlimShawty(f): 4:54pm On Oct 03, 2013
:oHmmm...Linda is in big trouble...if the Ghaoul possesses James,that is.It'd serve her right,though.
Frank,I gotta say...u da bomb!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
U gat phenomenal talent.I mean ur story marvelled me...where did you get such talent from?Pass me some talent!!!
There's love in sharing. smiley
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Nobody: 5:27pm On Oct 03, 2013
dude,u r talented.such a great story...and this is all from ur head?kudos bro...cant wait for more
Re: Secrets Of the gods by bouquiclo(f): 5:52pm On Oct 03, 2013
You av been able 2 impress me,
Your story is superb!
Can't wait 2 read d rest,weldone.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Ligxy(f): 6:11pm On Oct 03, 2013
Pls, where do you get these stories from. It's giving me nightmares but I still come back to know what will happen next. You should be makin money from this. You've got talent.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Kslib(m): 6:41pm On Oct 03, 2013
Hehe!!
It just gets more interesting,day by day.. cheesy cheesy
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Buddydogg(m): 6:43pm On Oct 03, 2013
wow wow frank you a gods i mean a falling angel, am so supraise on what you are doing. All i will‏ ‏say is just keep it up....

Uhmmm d film jst start 4 here, kia saint now go dey tink hw e appen, hmmm
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Cheriepet: 7:27pm On Oct 03, 2013
Frankooooooo..... welldone

Abuja here we come. time for part2.

@3Dimension na me u dey ask make i choose btween James n Clifford. ur own don done, u no get option i go release Roger n Kane for u come join dat boss from Religion.

Frank beg me nowoooo or ur fan no go c road 2moro
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Winnie1950(f): 7:50pm On Oct 03, 2013
Uncle frank has done it again. Thanks for the update, i knew it would be worth the wait. At this stage of the story you need all the time you can get to be able to write well, so take all the time you need we will always be here waiting patiently for you.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Dammol(f): 8:43pm On Oct 03, 2013
Just when i thought i've read all the interesting stories on Nairaland, i stumbled on this story.
Guy, i just want to say you are out of this world. You remind me of Stephen King.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Cestmoi1(f): 9:07pm On Oct 03, 2013
Another explosive updates.I just hope things will end up well with Saint and Ghaoul won't hurt him.Can't wait to read the next update.Thanks for the updates.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Umehnnamdi(m): 9:48pm On Oct 03, 2013
Dammol: Just when i thought i've read all the interesting stories on Nairaland, i stumbled on this story.
Guy, i just want to say you are out of this world. You remind me of Stephen King.

3 Likes

Re: Secrets Of the gods by Phatkemi: 9:56pm On Oct 03, 2013
oga frank ure gifted
JESUS LOVES YOU
Re: Secrets Of the gods by 3Dimension: 10:26pm On Oct 03, 2013
grin grin grin

Did someone just threatened me wif roger? Ghaoul did u hear him which of the 3 dimensions do we show him?

Ok we will not be angry today. Saint is coming to abuja with that winch biro to come and show us the direction of the medallion.

Btw oga frank are dir no waiter(ess) in this rum clifford is hungry.

Cheriepet: Frankooooooo..... welldone

Abuja here we come. time for part2.

@3Dimension na me u dey ask make i choose btween James n Clifford. ur own don done, u no get option i go release Roger n Kane for u come join dat boss from Religion.

Frank beg me nowoooo or ur fan no go c road 2moro
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Cheriepet: 10:39pm On Oct 03, 2013
@3Dimension u juss dey make mouth. wait make saint enter Abuja u n Ghauol una own don finish be d@.

abeg my oga Frank make u sleep well come imagine plenty, when u wake up come continue d stori.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by princesa(f): 10:50pm On Oct 03, 2013
Hmm the Secret of the gods = The medallion. Now i get the title.

You my dear are still doing great. Glad to be ur princesswink

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (40) (Reply)

Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) / A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance / The Naughty Sisters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.