Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,147 members, 7,953,534 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:19 PM

Secrets Of the gods - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Secrets Of the gods (114675 Views)

The Gods Are Hungry / Who Offended The gods of the land? / Food For The Gods. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Secrets Of the gods by gendebs(m): 12:07pm On Oct 01, 2013
Nice write up. This is a master piece, i love the story with passion and d write up is givin me d maximum satisfaction needed. Frank i love uuuuuuuu. Time will tell if dis write up will beat 10th generation. I give u a 12/10.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Cheriepet: 12:35pm On Oct 01, 2013
Frank hapi independence.

abeg nao d day don go half, where u come go

abeg update
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Wealth2mighty(f): 2:11pm On Oct 01, 2013
honestly,becoming adicted to ds story,started some few days ago and am in love already. Very interesting nd descriptive,well done frank!
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Emperortj93(m): 2:31pm On Oct 01, 2013
Noooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Hameenat94(f): 2:51pm On Oct 01, 2013
Damex333: dreamt abt the story? What about me? did you dream about me? Frank said i sud get a chic/beautiful lady to join me in my bed, will you be the one?
... Nt me certainly cos i didn't drm abt u
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 2:51pm On Oct 01, 2013
Sorry guys for the delay in update. As usual, the power supply have been so bad. Thanks all for hangin on.

So shall we continue?
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Nobody: 2:56pm On Oct 01, 2013
Hameenat94: ... Nt me certainly cos i didn't drm abt u
common my sister, i like sleeping with sister on the same bed o. Dont worry we will do vigil through out the night. Abi wetin you think oga frank.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 2:56pm On Oct 01, 2013
Linda was surprised at how Saint had acted just now. She had been standing just beside the faculty building and talking with her friends, but just like other students, had not failed to notice the young man in red. She had also noticed Saint’s reaction to the presence of this strange fellow.

Linda had been aware that Saint had completely transformed to a different but more desirable person in the recent past weeks. It had all started since he started hanging out with that beautiful girl. She had confirmed her name was Mfon.

At first, Linda had wondered why such a beautiful girl like Mfon was doing with a loser like Saint. She had thought the relationship was nothing serious and had self-prophesized that it would soon end if they were really in a relationship that is.

But this prophecy had not come to pass, rather it was becoming more serious than she could ever imagine.
Worst still, the relationship had transformed her ex lover into someone she would like to hand out with.
There was this sudden air of confidence he now carried and she found herself wondering if this was the same Saint that had always craved for her. He had in the past made a nuisance out of himself with his love for her. She had hated him for it.

But did she hate him just because he loved her so much? No, it was also because he had nothing to offer. But why did she tend to like him now? Does he now have something to offer? That question she wouldn’t be able to answer, but she was sure he was much desirable now than ever before.

“I will definitely go to visit him at Abuja,” she had said to her friends who were trying to make sure that she was sure of the decision she wanted to take.

“Nobody is stopping you; we just want you to be careful. We have heard of stories of people who met seemingly nice people online but ended up dead or hurt after taking a trip to visit these online friends wherever they lived.” One of her friend cautioned.

“Well, that is not my portion. I have also heard of girls who met their breakthrough after embarking on such trips. Things don’t always have a negative out come you know.” Linda insisted. “See, this is my one and first opportunity to visit Abuja and I can’t afford to lose this chance. James is a nice guy, and the way he had treated me since he started communicating via phone had been very encouraging. I have no doubt that this is all for the best.”

Her friend had remained silent. She seemed sure of what she was saying and they really had not strong reason to stop her from making this trip. If for anything, they were actually jealous. They really wished they were the ones who had this opportunity to go to Abuja and meet with this rich guy that had stuffed up Linda’s account even without meeting her yet.

But Linda, on the other hand knew that she was taking a risk. Was the money she had been receiving in her account worth the risk? Why couldn’t she be contented with nice guys like Saint around her? Why was she allowing her greed to take over the best of her?

James, her online lover had sent her flight ticket information via her mobile phone. He had also sent some money for her to buy herself some good things and prepare herself perfectly for the trip.

It had all been tempting and she knew she would finally go.

But why the sudden concern of how Saint behaved in recent times? Why was she concern with his reaction to this strange young man? Why in this world was she allowing unnecessary things to bother her like she wasn’t Princess LINDA anymore?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Secrets Of the gods by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 01, 2013
frank3.16:
Sorry guys for the delay in update. As usual, the power supply have been so bad. Thanks all for hangin on.

So shall we continue?
see question, na wetin make of stay here since be that na. Oya upload and update sharpaly
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 3:12pm On Oct 01, 2013
Ekene woke up on the wrong side of bed that morning. Despite trying to use the thought of having met beautiful Sandra the previous day to uplift himself, he still felt lonely, lost and confused.

He knew he was in a mess. How was he going to handle Bola’s medical bill? Taking off and leaving his friend wasn’t even an option. He wasn’t that sort of friend. He will be there for his friend to the very end, no matter what shady deal he was involved in.

He tried to shake of the depressing feeling he felt and stood up from the bed. One thing street life had thought him was that there was always a way out of every difficult situation just as long as one didn’t allow the situation to overwhelm him.

He had come home late last night feeling very tired and had forgotten to take his trouser off before sleeping. He stood up from the bed and quickly removed his cloths and entered the bathroom to have his bath.
He couldn’t wait to see Sandra and her strange ward. He also prayed that Bola would be conscious before get got to the hospital this morning.

Once he finished having his bath, he dressed up and prepared for the day.

He picked up the trouser he wore yesterday from the floor, removed the one thousand naira remaining with him and then brought out his mobile phone, leaving the receipt for the bills he had paid yesterday. He was just about to hang it on the wall when he heard a knock.

He dropped the cloth on the bed and slowly walked towards the door. “Who is that?” he called out.

There was no reply; instead, the knock repeated itself.

Ekene instantly knew there was danger. He didn’t make another sound. He just waited. There was no other way of escape; he had to face whoever was knocking suspiciously.

The person or people outside were sure someone was inside. They began to hit fiercely on the door. They intended to breakdown the door.

Ekene knew that if they succeeded in breaking down the door, he would be in more danger, so he quickly opened the door. He wasn’t afraid; he was ready for any misfortune that awaited him at the other side of the door.
The intruders forcefully pushed the door once he unlocked it and caused him to reel backward and loose his balance. Two men rushed into the room and the one at the front gave him a punch that landed on his on the side of his face close to his eyes.

He tried to create a distance between him and his attackers by taking three long steps backwards. This gave him the opportunity to take a quick shot at his closest assailant, but the other man pounced on him and the two of them went crashing on the floor. He pinned Ekene to the floor while the other man whom he had punched on the neck rushed him and started to kick him by his side.

Ekene didn’t have idea who they were but he was sure that they had something to do with Bola’s situation.

Soon he gave up struggling with them upon realization that fighting them would only incur more injury on him. They made him site on one of the leather seats in the sitting room. From where he stood, he could see blood stains on the white Arabian rug; they were Bola’s. He wondered what they would do to him as he just remembered the bloodied sight of his friend yesterday.

He also felt angry with himself for not being on his guard. He should have anticipated this attack and taken necessary precaution. Now they might force him to take them to where Bola was or even hurt or kill him.

A very handsome and gentle looking man in his mid thirties walked into the room with two men behind him. He was dressed in very clean and expensive looking cloths and his face was well trimmed. He looked like one of these affluent pastors Ekene usually saw on the television.

As he approached Ekene, he moved like he was walking in the air. He took his time as he applied every step; he got to Ekene and bent towards him. His eyes stared into Ekene’s for a while before he finally spoke up.

This house has incurred my wrath and do you know what happens when I am angry?”

Ekene wasn’t sure he was meant to answer that question. This gentleman didn’t look like someone who was capable of hurting anyone, even when he was angry.

He wondered what Bola had done to him.

“Of course you wouldn’t know,” the man continued. “Nobody messes up with James and goes scot free. I hate double crossers. I hate being taken as a fool and lastly I hate parting with my money to fools who think they are smart.”

So this is what this was all about? Ekene thought. But he was also thinking of how he was going to escape.

“So where is he? Where did you hide him?” James asked after he saw the two men who had walked into the house with him come out of the inner room alone.

Did he really expect Bola to be alive after all the injuries he had meted on him? Was he expecting Bola to be sitting somewhere in the house drinking champagne? While these thoughts were going through Ekene’s head, he noticed one of the two men standing beside James prepare himself to hit him as a punishment for being silent to their boss’s question. That was exactly what Ekene wanted.

The man walked up to him and gave him a punch throwing his head backward.

Ekene noticed that the grip on him by the first two men had loosened. The second punch was all Ekene needed to take them by surprise.

When it landed on his jaw, he sprang up from the chair, taking the brutes by surprise. The grip was not strong enough to hold the desperate man down. With the same force he pushed the man who was punching him out of the way and headed for the door.

Just as he made to open the door, the other man who had been watching had already caught him on the arm, trying to pull him back. Ekene left the half opened door and landed him a hard punch. This gave him time to open the door and run for his life.

He got to a distance and looked back. They weren’t following him; neither did he notice any more of them lurking around the neighborhood.

He prayed that Bola would have regained consciousness once he got to the hospital. He couldn’t wait to speak with him. He stopped the nearest bike man and headed for the express where he would board a bus to national Hospital.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 3:14pm On Oct 01, 2013
Damex333: see question, na wetin make of stay here since be that na. Oya upload and update sharpaly

Alright sir
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Cestmoi1(f): 3:15pm On Oct 01, 2013
Amazzzziiinnnnggggg update.......Thumbs-up.

1 Like

Re: Secrets Of the gods by Winnie1950(f): 3:21pm On Oct 01, 2013
Wow! Beautiful update. FEED ME MORE!!!!!!!!
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 3:26pm On Oct 01, 2013
James was infuriated. He felt like screaming but knew it would be useless. “You guys are idiot!!” he screamed to the thugs who were supposed to hold Ekene to the chair while he did the interrogation. “Are you guys babies? Two of you cannot hold one weak man?”

He put his hands on his head and walked around like a mad man. If Ekene had seen him at this moment, he wouldn’t have believed he was the same gentleman that had walked into his room earlier on.

The four other men remained silent while he continued to pace. Anything could happen whenever James was in this mood. He paced up and down for 7minutes as if trying to control his growing anger.

“You are not angry,” he whispered to himself. “You will not do anything bad, you will be okay.” But he knew he wouldn’t be.

He reached for the pocket of the man closest to him and pulled out the gun there. Within the next few seconds, the two men who had held Ekene to the floor earlier on were lying on the floor in a pool of blood. They had each received two bullets on the head at close range. The blood splattered everywhere with each of the three men standing receive a high dose of blood droplets on their cloths. The sound of the bullet had also deafened their ears

The other two men flinched and hoped that it wouldn’t be their turn.

James face looked sad, “I hate doing this,” he said as he continued to look down on their bodies like they were already in their funeral service. He handed the gun back to its owner and said, “Look around and see if you can find anything that can help us locate those two.”

Quickly the two big thugs began to search the house all over. Soon, one of them searched through the pockets of the trouser on the bedroom floor. He brought out a receipt, looked through it and smiled. He quickly walked into the small sitting room where his boss was acting like a restless mad man. “I have got something you should see boss,” the thug said.

James quickly collected the piece of paper from him; he quickly took a quick scan through the paper. It was a receipt from National Hospital in Central Area, he looked at the date, and it had yesterday’s date. He smiled “Let’s get out of here.” He led the way as the two men followed behind.

James Agbo used to be a psychotic patient in a psychiatry hospital in Lagos. He had serious anger issues that had resulted in bad consequences.

This problem started as a result of bad up bringing by his extremely rich parents. He was the last child out of five children. He had two sisters and two brothers but his mother favoured him among others.
As a kid, James annoying tantrums were reinforced by a swift provision of whatever he desired. He would destroy things in the house until his demands were met. And his parents never did anything serious to control the behavior. As a result, he became disrespectful to his elders and bullied his juniors. He would hit the weak ones around him at the slightest provocation and used money gotten from home to buy respect from his seniors.

James grew up with so much anger and hate for the poor and weak, this led to him becoming violent to people he detested. He would hit his victims with any object he could lay his hands on and his parents would quickly use their influence to intervene when guardians of these victims tried to react or take action.

Soon, his violent life style got out of hand and he mistakenly hit one of his victims to death when he was 22 years.

In the next five years, James killed 6 people. Four of the deaths went unnoticed while two got to the knowledge of the law. Yet, his parents spent so much money and made the two cases pass off as self defense.

But when he was 27, he angrily stabbed his girl friend to death and the good lawyer that handled the case succeeded in pleading for insanity. And so James spent the next four years in a mental institution instead of life in prison.

By the time he came out of the home, his father was dead and their family wasn’t as rich as they used to be.

James didn’t think he could survive living life any less richer than he used to live before he went in, so he sold some properties that he inherited from his dad and went into drugs. This business caused him to leave Lagos for Abuja where he would have less competition.

It was a good decision because within one year, he became the most respectful drug lord in the countries capital city. His brutality was one of his major advantages as a drug Lord.

James was mean and ruthless; this caused him to be well revered among his counterparts. He killed his employees at the slightest mistake or provocation and his no nonsense life style earned him the respect he needed to succeed in the business. Every top official of the law was in his payroll, this had ensured he escaped the hands of the law whenever he was supposed to be indicted. His boys also felt very confident working with him because they were sure that his influence would always protect them, this was another reason why they respected him so much.

James was good looking and loved sleeping with strange unfamiliar women. This was why he was always on facebook and on many dating sites in his leisure. He also hated sleeping with one woman twice. He was spontaneous and erratic and could decide to treat these women nicely or badly, depending on his mood.
He was also always well dressed; this therefore attracted whatever woman he wanted to him.

Linda was his latest catch; he had used all his manly charms to convince her to travel all the way from Uyo to Abuja and she had accepted. Of course he was sure she would be fun since the farther, the better.

But unluckily for her, Bola had gotten him in a bad mood. And when ever he was in a bad mood people around him suffer. Ekene had even made matters worse.

She would be coming tomorrow and he hoped he would have gotten hold of these two friends which must have eaten his money together, before she comes. He would ensure they die horribly once he got them.
Nobody played a fast one of James Agbo and got away with it.

He rushed home to prepare himself and his boys for the search of his two present worst enemies.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 3:29pm On Oct 01, 2013
C'est moi:
Amazzzziiinnnnggggg update.......Thumbs-up.

Wow, u are here... Alright I have to end chapter 7 right?
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 3:30pm On Oct 01, 2013
Winnie1950: Wow! Beautiful update. FEED ME MORE!!!!!!!!

Mnnnnnn.... Its nice to have such a beautiful reader too
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 3:40pm On Oct 01, 2013
After tying up Nana’s body at the flyover, Clifford went back to her home. While he had had fun raping and killing the occupant of the house, he could feel that Ghaoul’s anger was rising especially after the incident.

So when he got home. Ghaoul made him destroy every bit of property in the house. He didn’t leave anything thing in the house standing except the pot of porridge that he remained for himself yesterday. He almost burnt down the house in his rage.

He quickly ate the food once he got home and tried to get some sleep. He had spent the whole night raping Nana to death and now he must rest and allow Ghaoul to think.

“Am I going to stay here in this world forever?” Clifford could hear Ghaoul talk to himself. “I need to go back to the spiritual realm and finish up with the fight I started. How can I just get my hand on that medallion? Not even the writer can be found.”

Clifford felt bad for his possessor. He understood his frustration. What would happen if his power finally fades?
From the look of things, Clifford knew they had to locate the writer, even though he didn’t understand why Ghaoul couldn’t just reason out how to locate the medallion like he located him.

Ghaoul on the other hand knew the only thing that could help him was just locating the writer. He had only been able to easily find Clifford because the writer had mentioned it in the story. His fate had been put in the hands of the so called writer and for now he was handicapped except he could find the writer and take charge of his destiny through him.

This was even more frustrating. How could his fate be in the hand of an ordinary human? Well, once he gets the human and make him change his destiny, he will kill him and take his soul with him to the world beyond. There the writer’s soul will remain in bondage forever while serving and paying for this stress he was making him undergo.

But the bad news was that he had no idea on how to locate the writer. Wasn’t he supposed to feel a kind of spiritual energy emitting from the writer? Why was he nowhere to be found? Perhaps he needed to focus and meditate and to do this he must take some moments of this human body, that way he would be able to reach out to the little of his spiritual self that was left in him. He needed a very quiet environment but unfortunately the neighbor in the next building was making a hell of a noise with his sound system.

Clifford was quick to notice that, Ghaoul needed a quiet moment for meditation, but the sound coming from the neighborhood was disturbing him. He didn’t know how many people stayed in the house, but for sure, the only way to stop the noise was to kill them off.

Once the thought came to his head, he stood up and walked out of the building into the next door.

He kicked the door open and stepped inside.

“Who is that, a youthful voice called out.” The man was in his mid twenties and came walking out with just a boxer and no shirt. He was looking very angry while he wondering who was tempering with his door. He knew the noise coming from his stereo speakers wouldn’t allow his unwelcomed visitor to hear him, which was why he had personally rushed out. Why would anyone breakdown his door?

He saw Clifford standing close to the exit door with angry black smokes flowing from his eyes and nostril and hovering around his head.

Before he could say a word, Clifford rushed him, gripped him on the neck and lifted him up. Then he carried him back to the room he was coming out from.

There was a female on the bed who was obviously naked under the bed sheet over her body.

Clifford looked at her for a second and got his attention back to his victim. He slammed his head on the wall even as the man tried to wriggle out of his tight grip but to no avail.

The girl watched it all, Clifford ensured that.

The young man’s head was continuously slammed to the wall until his head was just a lump of bloody flesh.

Clifford dropped the bloody body on the floor and looked at the girl on the bed; she had already fainted in fright.

He walked out of the room and back into Nana’s apartment.

Yet Ghaoul was still very angry… there was another noise coming from a group of nursery school students in a school nearby.

The best thing to do now was to go and slay them all. Ghaoul needed to concentrate and if killing these kids would do it, them he must do it.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Secrets Of the gods by Mynd44: 3:41pm On Oct 01, 2013
just passing by
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Kslib(m): 3:44pm On Oct 01, 2013
Confirm update frank..
The heat is getting hotter..
All izz well!
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Cestmoi1(f): 3:47pm On Oct 01, 2013
frank3.16:

Wow, u are here... Alright I have to end chapter 7 right?
Yes ke,i dey follow u bumper to bumper.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 3:53pm On Oct 01, 2013
Alright guys, I have reached that stage of the story where the pace of the story should be faster, but in order nt to mess things up, the writer has to be slower. All introduction to important characters have been done so this is now the core of the story. Every emotional and physical problem of my important characters must be taken into consideration and reconciled.

Saint just finds out how important he was in solvin a case in abuja, and saving the world... He must come out of his low self esteem and self worth and take charge.

Odion must have to fit in a strange world

Lucky must follow all leads to solve the case

Chief uzor must take the chance and invole himslef totally in this case to save himself and find out why he was brought up into the story, who is ekene?

Ekene must use every rugged past experience he had had to save his life and Bolals, how will his interaction with sandra change his life? Is angela going to remain a vegetable? Can ekene" presence help?

Sandra Where does sandra fit in?

James the psycho, what will we do about him?

Linda is going to abuja... Will she meet with saint? What will happen between the two?

Pls the next up date will be coming up late wednesday evning. Thanx @ all and drop ur comments.

At princess, I will talk to u soonest.

4 Likes

Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 3:56pm On Oct 01, 2013
Mynd_44: just passing by

Hold it!!!! U will have to remain there until u talk ur mind.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 3:59pm On Oct 01, 2013
Kslib: Confirm update frank..
The heat is getting hotter..
All izz well!

All is well my brother
Re: Secrets Of the gods by iebanehita(m): 4:08pm On Oct 01, 2013
Ok!

Just observed thaat..at the entrance of any school gate, there are always security men at their duty post. Why didn't any approach odion for interrogation, considering his strange appearance?

By the way... Cool story!
Re: Secrets Of the gods by beyonDskygirl(f): 4:13pm On Oct 01, 2013
Mehhhhhhhhnnn.... U're good.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 4:39pm On Oct 01, 2013
iebanehita: Ok!

Just observed thaat..at the entrance of any school gate, there are always security men at their duty post. Why didn't any approach odion for interrogation, considering his strange appearance?

By the way... Cool story!

Lol, thought of that too when writing, they could or could not harass him. I mean, a student could dress up in res and shave his hair to school, why should he be harrased by the security.

While in school, there is this religious body known as OOOgbu(brother hood of the cross and stars) they usually drees in a flowing white gown and didn't wear shoes. There was never a record of harassment.

So this led to my over looking that part. There is freedom of religion and this freedom could cause the security to hesitate,

Yet they coukd have still stoopped and question him, bt they didn't.

Thanks.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Melancholy(m): 4:41pm On Oct 01, 2013
Frank,the action pack writer.Clifford ur own don finish if ghaoul comot 4 ur body, but na my prayer be dat.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 4:41pm On Oct 01, 2013
beyonDskygirl: Mehhhhhhhhnnn.... U're good.

Thanks sweethy.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Becketh(f): 4:41pm On Oct 01, 2013
nice update. U r really gud.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 4:51pm On Oct 01, 2013
Melancholy: Frank,the action pack writer.Clifford ur own don finish if ghaoul comot 4 ur body, but na my prayer be dat.

Lol, Clifford's own finished the day he kidnapped Saint's twin sister...
Re: Secrets Of the gods by kayemjay(m): 6:24pm On Oct 01, 2013
Its getting hotter.

I guess I have to stop updating because my Oga @ the top is doing awesome.

Well done bro.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by zenie(f): 6:38pm On Oct 01, 2013
Na wa o! Wednesday seems far 2 me..will b here nytime nyday smiley weldone Frankie

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (40) (Reply)

A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance / The Naughty Sisters / Shadows Of The Green

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.