Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Help!! My Brothers Wife Keeps Finding Faults In Everything I Do!!! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help!! My Brothers Wife Keeps Finding Faults In Everything I Do!!! (4981 Views)

My Brothers Wife Is Dragging Remote Control With Me / Wife Keeps Marriage Going With Death Threat / Wife Keeps Ex Boyfriend Phone Number (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!! My Brothers Wife Keeps Finding Faults In Everything I Do!!! by pickabeau1: 5:20pm On Sep 18, 2013
U don forget say na NL we dey

This was highlighted this earlier but dem want beat d small boy....

Lol.......nice advice

Rhythm: What is with all this insults on the OP. The OP wasn't rude, the third poster was, and those are different monikers, so I can't see why people who were to lazy to scroll up and check the monikers are raining unwaranted insults on the OP, instead of the advice he asked for.

This is what the op wrote:

What you complained about isn't only peculiar to your brother's wife. Some people just aint used to doing others favours, so once they see you need a favour from them, they try to milk you back as dry as possible. Since you are living with her, I suggest you choose two or three house chores you want to help out with, do it perfectly, regularly and religiously so that no one ever finds fault with it (for instance, always fetch water and wash your brother's cloth), and if she asks you to do anything extra, politely tell her you are going out or tired or something. If you don't go out a lot, spend so much time on your three chores that there would be no spare time for the extra errands. No one wants to harbour a leech, brother's house or not. You should do some housework and make them feel happy to have sheltered you. It might seem easy to be a full time housewife but spend a full day doing house work and you'd realise office work is way easier. No matter what you do, never insult your brother's wife, only consider her errands as a motivation for one day owning your own house cheesy

And here is what the third poster wrote.

Yeah so staying with your brother means you should be a leech.
Re: Help!! My Brothers Wife Keeps Finding Faults In Everything I Do!!! by pickabeau1: 5:20pm On Sep 18, 2013
U don forget say na NL we dey

This was highlighted this earlier but dem want beat d small boy....

Lol.......nice advice

Rhythm: What is with all this insults on the OP. The OP wasn't rude, the third poster was, and those are different monikers, so I can't see why people who were to lazy to scroll up and check the monikers are raining unwaranted insults on the OP, instead of the advice he asked for.

This is what the op wrote:

What you complained about isn't only peculiar to your brother's wife. Some people just aint used to doing others favours, so once they see you need a favour from them, they try to milk you back as dry as possible. Since you are living with her, I suggest you choose two or three house chores you want to help out with, do it perfectly, regularly and religiously so that no one ever finds fault with it (for instance, always fetch water and wash your brother's cloth), and if she asks you to do anything extra, politely tell her you are going out or tired or something. If you don't go out a lot, spend so much time on your three chores that there would be no spare time for the extra errands. No one wants to harbour a leech, brother's house or not. You should do some housework and make them feel happy to have sheltered you. It might seem easy to be a full time housewife but spend a full day doing house work and you'd realise office work is way easier. No matter what you do, never insult your brother's wife, only consider her errands as a motivation for one day owning your own house cheesy

And here is what the third poster wrote.

Yeah so staying with your brother means you should be a leech.
Re: Help!! My Brothers Wife Keeps Finding Faults In Everything I Do!!! by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 18, 2013
Mob mentality

2 Likes

Re: Help!! My Brothers Wife Keeps Finding Faults In Everything I Do!!! by deols(f): 5:37pm On Sep 18, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Deols baby, where hv u been?
Very busy I guess?
Hv not seen u at d other end for a while naw.

wink

I have been around. That thread is too sweet and i don't eat sugar anymore..

I need to only pop in here and leave but that thread can be addictive. Will be back when I get notbusy smiley
Re: Help!! My Brothers Wife Keeps Finding Faults In Everything I Do!!! by dayokanu(m): 5:57pm On Sep 18, 2013
Some Women are some of the most intolerant human ever

The funny thing is this Boy is helping the husband to feed her lazy asss by joining to hustle with the brother

So whats her own contribution in the household? Just sit down and watch TV?

4 Likes

Re: Help!! My Brothers Wife Keeps Finding Faults In Everything I Do!!! by funnyx(m): 5:59pm On Sep 18, 2013
jidegirl12: Mob mentality

Exactly! See as everyone dey attack the OP based on a comment made by another poster Abeg my people make una dey read before making comments now, for once I thought I was in romance section by mistake
Re: Help!! My Brothers Wife Keeps Finding Faults In Everything I Do!!! by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 18, 2013
In all fairness, the only thing one should expect from a house guest is that he/ she should clean up after themself and wash their own plates.

I have people staying with me, however, Hubby and I already have a system that works for us regardless of if anyone is around or not.

I am not comfortable turning relatives from either side into helps, if they help it should be voluntary not under compulsion.

If they clean their rooms, wash their sheets, wash their bathrooms, we are fine.
If they volunteer to help out in the kitchen or clean up the car on sunday I am greatful but I don't demand it.

OP, please I urge you to help out where you can, don't have the mentality that because she is a house wife she must do it all.

Also respectfully speak with her and explain the chores that are too much for you.

I hope she is reasonable sha.

Family is family.

Believe me I am enjoying the fruits my parents sowed in so many lives today.

I stayed with my sister before I got married briefly and till today as a grown married woman I still run errands for my sisters, that's family, I can do big woman in my office but when I am home with my sisters I get water for them to wash their hands, I clear the plates when we eat, I drive when we are all hanging out, it is not forced but its a sacrifice of love and respect.

I have been ill for a while, my sisters have taken turns to live with me and care for me.

There is no need to show power within families, love, tolerance and mutual respect has more benefits.

6 Likes

Re: Help!! My Brothers Wife Keeps Finding Faults In Everything I Do!!! by Nobody: 6:51pm On Sep 18, 2013

3 Likes

Re: Help!! My Brothers Wife Keeps Finding Faults In Everything I Do!!! by pickabeau1: 7:10pm On Sep 18, 2013
Eh yah.. debrief

Take care..n get better soon
Re: Help!! My Brothers Wife Keeps Finding Faults In Everything I Do!!! by damiso(f): 11:53pm On Sep 18, 2013
Some people are just touchy (I know a few).I know its hard but OP try not to always take all her actions to heart.Do your best to help and just ignore her if its not to her satisfaction.As I have said in similar threads, respect her because you are respecting your brother, but learn(hard I know and might not suit all personalities but you can try) to not take all her actions to heart.Its for your own peace of mind.

What I realise is you free yourself and add more wahala (cos they are now carrying extra grudges grin) to someone who wants to fight you and you dont rise up to it .Believe me its an empowering feeling.

@CC abi o undecided.On the days am not in school, running errands, school run and taking care of the kids I would give an arm to go back to those days when I had a 1 hr train ride each way all by myself with my own thoughts,my lunch breaks and breakfasts with friends (these days my only breakfast is a bannana cos it fast to eat on the go).

Honestly I am more tired when I crawl into bed than when I actually worked full time.Though I admit I have so many more things calling for my attention now.But staying home with young kids (diff from kids already in school)esp when you are not generally an idle person is soooo hard.As much as I love the time spent with my kids (God forgive me embarassed) I treasure my time in class away from them. cheesy
Re: Help!! My Brothers Wife Keeps Finding Faults In Everything I Do!!! by maclatunji: 12:31am On Sep 19, 2013
chaircover: Off topic . . . but I dont know why some people Dayo grin automatically assume that housewives sit at home all day watching African magic and doing their nails grin

For many its so far from the truth and I feel that I am talking for many when I say that my work at home is actually harder than my day job.

There is so much to do, assuming that you keep at tidy house & have kids that you spend quality time with. Just using today as an example, I was up till 1am this morning cleaning out the shoe cupboard and then matching up all the bedsheets with their pillow cases and Duvet covers. That same last night I was on my hands and knees scrubbing carpet that Mr CC had accidentally poured ewedu on and had just used kitchen roll to clean angry

I was up again at 6am and cleaned out the whole fridge before I went to work this morning. It never ends & its not just about going to market, cooking soup and cooking rice cheesy

I think the problem is exacerbated by some working women who look down on housewives. I have even seen some use a derogatory term for housewives here.
Re: Help!! My Brothers Wife Keeps Finding Faults In Everything I Do!!! by DEGREE2466(m): 6:37am On Sep 19, 2013
Cashio: I am a 21yr old guy and i am living with my brother and his family.my problem is that his wife is always looking for means to start up an altercation with me. she is not working(at home every day) while i am working with my brother and still hustling for my admission. she expects me to clean the house every weekend, fetch water from the pump, assist her in cooking, wash utensils and wash my brother's cloths...pls what should i do

Bros worry not. Thats the way of many girls. I have been in your shoe when i was still looking for admission.

My brother's wife made sure my brother beat me for the first time since i was born at the age of 20 just because of selfishness and wickedness.

No matter how you cant please her.

One thing with this girls is that some of them may come from a very poor home only to see themselves in the hand of a man who can give them all they want and then they will think that the whole world is in their hands and you cant make it in life without them but i must tell you forget about trying to please her and focus more on pursuing your admission.
Re: Help!! My Brothers Wife Keeps Finding Faults In Everything I Do!!! by Ngokafor(f): 8:01am On Sep 19, 2013
..eyahh!!...what a catastrophe! undecided

..take heart ok?..such is life grin
Re: Help!! My Brothers Wife Keeps Finding Faults In Everything I Do!!! by kolidave: 9:56am On Sep 19, 2013
Its clear and simple. Its 2 things 1. Its either she doesn't like you or she doesn't like seeing you around in her husbands house who is ur brother. 2. Your a very lazy fellow and she wants to change that by making u work. Best tin to do is just leave ur brother's house for a while and come back later or u just try to avoid her in that house. And if ur lazy, u gotta stop being lazy.
Re: Help!! My Brothers Wife Keeps Finding Faults In Everything I Do!!! by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 20, 2013
Haaaa you went to go and live with a Nigerian woman aka madam of the house? shocked You will work tire, lol. They will send you on errands till you quench. grin Just pray to get your own place my dear. grin
Re: Help!! My Brothers Wife Keeps Finding Faults In Everything I Do!!! by soulglo: 6:07pm On Sep 20, 2013
If you lived at home with your parents you would be doing the same thing. As long as you are a Nigerian. I am not saying that you should be used like a hired bicycle but I don't believe this is happening simply because you are her husband's brother. I am glad that you are hustling though. Work hard so you can leave their home for them sooner than later. This will make you stronger. If you can work this hard for someone else you will do wonders for yourself.
Re: Help!! My Brothers Wife Keeps Finding Faults In Everything I Do!!! by Nobody: 2:17am On Sep 21, 2013
jidegirl12: Hmmmm

I'm waiting for babyosisi and Bettymafy 's response on this thread .... hohoho cheesy cheesy ( clap hands x6)
Re: Help!! My Brothers Wife Keeps Finding Faults In Everything I Do!!! by Trendy4gud(f): 7:32am On Sep 22, 2013
Lets change our attitude ladies, aside this post majority of us feel uneasy having our husband's relatives around us. Know your duties first then anyone you're sharing the roof with is a plus. Some are damn lazy creating tense atmosphere for everyone.

Husband's relatives 're visitors while ours are always welcome anytime anyday any weather!!! Men should be careful & have spirit of discernment lest you become an island just because you married. Any woman that doesn't accept her husband's relatives is a devil.

@ poster, show her maturity & respect by justifiably doing what you supposed to do but don't be enslaved.

Talk with her first if you are not comfortable with any chore in a more gentle way but not with your brother for now because she might frame you up.

With this she will see you've gotten some reasonings & try to soft pedal her dominiering traits.

Try to be outspoken & don't bottle up anger.

Also be friendly with her like a sister to break her wings.

Finally, just note that the world is never a bed of roses. You got to pass hurdles, so cool down to get what you want to succeed in life.

Take care.

1 Like

Re: Help!! My Brothers Wife Keeps Finding Faults In Everything I Do!!! by EfemenaXY: 6:21pm On Sep 22, 2013
I always believe there are two (or several) sides to a story.

It's sad to see so many misconceptions about the 'easy life' of a stay-at-home-mum. (I find the word housewife derogatory). Being a stay-at-home mum is no can of beans! It's hard work in itself!

@OP: How many kids has your uncle's wife got and how old are they? If she's got toddlers or babies under her care, you should understand that it's difficult as it is and her having to run after a grown ar$ed man, cleaning up after him is just taking the mickey. What's wrong with you cooking, cleaning and cleaning up after yourself? Just because she's married doesn't mean she becomes your slave!

On the flip side of the coin, is there anything else going on between your uncle's wife and yourself that you've not mentioned here? If the sole cause of the problem between you both lies in domestic chores, then you lot should seriously look to investing in some household appliances! Go get a washing machine if washing is such an issue. Get a dishwasher if washing your plates and cooking utensils is such a drag. Get a tumble dryer / condenser if hanging your clothes out to dry is too much for you to bear. Get a hoover if neither of you see the need to bend down and sweep your floors.

Finally, get paid help from agencies to help you lot out with household chores. Life's too short abeg. But one thing you should take from this is that, let this be the motivating factor in making you determined to get your own place and live your independent life, just the way you want it.
Re: Help!! My Brothers Wife Keeps Finding Faults In Everything I Do!!! by Chomzy19(f): 7:10pm On Sep 22, 2013
@Op wat do u want to hear? If u were living with ur parents would u still not Do the house Chores, u came to ur Brothers house n u want to pack.. So u Expect the Woman to fetch water herself? She expects u to clean d house on weekend, Why not? Don't u clean ur parents house on weekends in ur house, Abi u no dey wash ur popsy clothes?I only fault her in d cooking aspects, if its for other things u do these things wen u were living alone with ur brother/parents ; Abeg stop Trying to make the woman look Bad jare... House chores are too Big for any one person to do them all n not be killed with stress, hence d reason Women hv House maids till their children are old Enough to help out, As she no get maid Help out or kukuma go back to ur papa house(I'm sure d chores there is even bigger than d one here)...if she ws ur sister I'm sure u wldnt see it as her trying to pick altercation wit u

3 Likes

Re: Help!! My Brothers Wife Keeps Finding Faults In Everything I Do!!! by tellwisdom: 8:14pm On Sep 22, 2013
How about washing her G-strings?? Hasn't she told u that too?? sad
Re: Help!! My Brothers Wife Keeps Finding Faults In Everything I Do!!! by geeudy(f): 1:51pm On Nov 22, 2014
pickabeau1:
Is the washing of cloths now the dude's responsibility n no more the wife's? There was a post some time ago n I thought it was clear domestic duties are the wife's

So after working all day, he will still come n wash clothes that a housewife is supposed to have done this guy in question is still a kid so far as i'm concerned, he is still seeking for admission, so why can't help d broda's wife? If he wants to be respected as he said, then he should respect himself and get out of that house. ASAP.

Who is the lazy one

I laff in double standard

Op.. u can move back to your parents home...if its not possible continue your bit, save n prepare to move out

The 3rd poster n the 1st poster are different monikers so all the attack is confusing?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Divorce On The Rise In Nigeria: Why? / Woman Gives Birth To Set Of Twins After 17 Years Of Marriage / An Imo Girl Is Pregnant For My Husband. A Matured Advise!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.