Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,653 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Are You Ok With 2/3 Of Politics Mods Being Igbo? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Are You Ok With 2/3 Of Politics Mods Being Igbo? (2365 Views)

Seun, What Do You Think? Diversity Among Politics Mods / A Message To Ikenna351, MOD Of Politics Section / Are You Ok With The Way Gospel Artists Are Remixing Old Songs Recently? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Ok With 2/3 Of Politics Mods Being Igbo? by homesteady(m): 9:18am On Sep 18, 2013
I agree with the OP to some extent! But I'm not in support of the 249 mods gringrin
All tribes can not be represented here!
Oya tell me which Northerner here deserves to be a Mod in the politics section?
there is a lot of development going on in the North, but because the Northerners on NL are not like those from the South west and East, who'll be going up and down and be snapping every gutter that is constructed in their state
Re: Are You Ok With 2/3 Of Politics Mods Being Igbo? by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 18, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Fine.

Moving this thread to the dead general section was an abuse of your position and completely unnecessary.

Being against having more diversity in the politics section just makes you sound clannish.

My friend, get serious. 12 mods is enough diversity. I can also push for 15.
Re: Are You Ok With 2/3 Of Politics Mods Being Igbo? by Lilimax(f): 9:18am On Sep 18, 2013
@ OP, you sounded like someone that have something against Igbo tribe
or do you want to become a moderator shocked/
But you should know that it's not automatic as there are certain criteria you must have undecided

Anyway, I know your protest is being looked into by the authorities concerned.

Have a blessed day.
Re: Are You Ok With 2/3 Of Politics Mods Being Igbo? by Kairoseki77: 9:18am On Sep 18, 2013
ogugua88:

Have you tried suggesting threads or contacting mods about threads suitable for the homepage?

Thanks for actually taking my concern seriously, but this really wasn't about me.

I was actually talking to some people about NL and they mentioned that it was all about Igbo vs Yoruba and that they never saw anything about their regions on the site.

Sexkillz has made a lot of jokes, but has ignored my actual point which is the obvious lack of representation of the middle belt and North.

I mean, you could be on this website for a week and realize that it is mostly about Southern concerns.
Re: Are You Ok With 2/3 Of Politics Mods Being Igbo? by Kairoseki77: 9:19am On Sep 18, 2013
Lilimax: @ OP, you sounded like someone that have something against Igbo tribe
or do you want to become a moderator shocked/
But you should know that it's not automatic as there are certain criteria you must have undecided

Anyway, I know your protest is being looked into by the authorities concerned.

Have a blessed day.

Thanks. cheesy

Have a blessed day as well. I am Yoruba, so becoming a mod wouldn't address this issue.
Re: Are You Ok With 2/3 Of Politics Mods Being Igbo? by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 18, 2013
Maybe we should actually have 249 mods from all tribes and have them run daily shifts.
Re: Are You Ok With 2/3 Of Politics Mods Being Igbo? by Kairoseki77: 9:23am On Sep 18, 2013
homesteady: I agree with the OP to some extent! But I'm not in support of the 249 mods gringrin
there is a lot of development going on in the North, but because the Northerners on NL are not like those from the South west and East, who'll be going up and down and be snapping every gutter that is constructed in their state

Thanks.
Re: Are You Ok With 2/3 Of Politics Mods Being Igbo? by Nobody: 9:27am On Sep 18, 2013
Kairoseki77: Thanks for actually taking my concern seriously, but this really wasn't about me.

I was actually talking to some people about NL and they mentioned that it was all about Igbo vs Yoruba and that they never saw anything about their regions on the site.

Sexkillz has made a lot of jokes, but has ignored my actual point which is the obvious lack of representation of the middle belt and North.

I mean, you could be on this website for a week and realize that it is mostly about Southern concerns.

Well, no, it's not about you, but you're the one raising concerns. smiley

I see. That's why I keep asking whether you've made suggestions though. I haven't checked myself, but it'd be foolish of me to assume that there have never been threads concerning the middle belt created. If a suggestion comes in, we edit the threads accordingly and forward it to the admin, and then they put it on the homepage.

Now, while it's part of a moderator's task to recommend pages they think are worthy for the homepage, his or her recommendations may not always be what you have in mind. It's easier for you to copy a link of a thread and present it to mods than it is for Seun to scout for a non-southerner to join the current mods and seek threads he or she thinks will appease you.
Re: Are You Ok With 2/3 Of Politics Mods Being Igbo? by Kairoseki77: 9:34am On Sep 18, 2013
ogugua88:

Well, no, it's not about you, but you're the one raising concerns. smiley

I see. That's why I keep asking whether you've made suggestions though. I haven't checked myself, but it'd be foolish of me to assume that there have never been threads concerning the middle belt created. If a suggestion comes in, we edit the threads accordingly and forward it to the admin, and then they put it on the homepage.

Now, while it's part of a moderator's task to recommend pages they think are worthy for the homepage, his or her recommendations may not always be what you have in mind. It's easier for you to copy a link of a thread and present it to mods than it is for Seun to scout for a non-southerner to join the current mods and seek threads he or she thinks will appease you.

My personal preference is just to learn more about what is going on in other areas of Nigeria.

I took a trip up North recently, and was incredibly surprised at the progress they are making. I guess there are threads on the front page about the middle belt, I just have not seen many (any?) of them in my past two years on this site.

If I see any middle belt threads, I will suggest for them to make the front page. Thanks again.
Re: Are You Ok With 2/3 Of Politics Mods Being Igbo? by Nobody: 10:17am On Sep 18, 2013
Sexkills, good one in replying this nitwit. I usually dont support mods, buh i had to side yu on this one.

@Op this topic yu just brought up is just another evidence of the fact that one Nigeria cannot work. Why cant we accept some things without minding where someone is from?? dont hide under the guise of being Yoruba while fighting for the Middle belt peeps, we can all see through yur plans. yur just another tribal bigot worse than the Afam4Eva yur accusing. Sexkills put a quest across to you, lemme quote it
sexkillz: How many middle belt threads have you created?
Your yet to answer this question mr Op, yet yu claim to have passion for the Middle belt peeps. Anyway, yur just another fame seeker, wish yu goodluck in yur quest to become a Mod if thats what yu want
Re: Are You Ok With 2/3 Of Politics Mods Being Igbo? by Kairoseki77: 10:38am On Sep 18, 2013
KingMEXX: Sexkills, good one in replying this nitwit. I usually dont support mods, buh i had to side yu on this one.

@Op this topic yu just brought up is just another evidence of the fact that one Nigeria cannot work. Why cant we accept some things without minding where someone is from?? dont hide under the guise of being Yoruba while fighting for the Middle belt peeps, we can all see through yur plans. yur just another tribal bigot worse than the Afam4Eva yur accusing. Sexkills put a quest across to you, lemme quote it Your yet to answer this question mr Op, yet yu claim to have passion for the Middle belt peeps. Anyway, yur just another fame seeker, wish yu goodluck in yur quest to become a Mod if thats what yu want

1. I have absolutely no interest in being a mod.

2. I do not live in the middle belt, so I have very little to say about that region. I didn't see that question, but to answer it: None. Or maybe 1 if you count this thread.

3. Kingmexx aka Shymexx. Have you been banned again for tribalism? LOL. How many monikers do you have now?

4. Look at this picture of Makurdi that someone posted recently. I was blown away by the skyline. What is going on in that city? I have no idea. I would like to find out though.

If even the idea of having mods from other regions, and from other tribes, is so threatening, then the situation must be worse than I thought.
Re: Are You Ok With 2/3 Of Politics Mods Being Igbo? by Nobody: 10:45am On Sep 18, 2013
sexkillz: Maybe we should actually have 249 mods from all tribes and have them run daily shifts.

Also, night shift mods too grin..the249 mods working day shift needs replacement when they are sleeping undecided
Re: Are You Ok With 2/3 Of Politics Mods Being Igbo? by Kairoseki77: 10:51am On Sep 18, 2013
Ironically, or maybe illustratively, people making jokes are from the same region that is over represented.

But some will say this is just a random coincidence.
Re: Are You Ok With 2/3 Of Politics Mods Being Igbo? by Nobody: 10:54am On Sep 18, 2013
Kairoseki77:

1. I have absolutely no interest in being a mod.

2. I do not live in the middle belt, so I have very little to say about that region. I didn't see that question, but to answer it: None. Or maybe 1 if you count this thread.

3. Kingmexx aka Shymexx. Have you been banned again for tribalism? LOL. How many monikers do you have now?

4. Look at this picture of Makurdi that someone posted recently. I was blown away by the skyline. What is going on in that city? I have no idea. I would like to find out though.

If even the idea of having mods from other regions, and from other tribes, is so threatening, then the situation must be worse than I thought.
Listen Mr.I have a problem with you associating me with Shymexx. Am not the only person using the name Mexx on this forum so pls dont relate me to that Shymexx. he stays in Uk i think, but i stay in Lagos, Nigeria. Check my profile, its been in existence for some good number of years and there are no similarites between Shymexx and myself, well maybe except the good English lol grin. pls watch yur words next time.
Re: Are You Ok With 2/3 Of Politics Mods Being Igbo? by Tolexander: 10:59am On Sep 18, 2013
sexkillz: 12.
your wahala too much!
Fi eni eleni sile now.
Re: Are You Ok With 2/3 Of Politics Mods Being Igbo? by Kairoseki77: 12:22pm On Sep 18, 2013
Tolexander: your wahala too much!
Fi eni eleni sile now.

Just a coincidence I guess.
Re: Are You Ok With 2/3 Of Politics Mods Being Igbo? by Kairoseki77: 12:25pm On Sep 18, 2013
KingMEXX: Listen Mr.I have a problem with you associating me with Shymexx. Am not the only person using the name Mexx on this forum so pls dont relate me to that Shymexx. he stays in Uk i think, but i stay in Lagos, Nigeria. Check my profile, its been in existence for some good number of years and there are no similarites between Shymexx and myself, well maybe except the good English lol grin. pls watch yur words next time.

I see. Below is a sample from your post history.

KingMEXX: Am An Igbo dude...

So I take it your problem with diversifying the line up of politics mods is coincidental as well?
Re: Are You Ok With 2/3 Of Politics Mods Being Igbo? by tpia5: 12:41pm On Sep 18, 2013
homesteady: I agree with the OP to some extent! But I'm not in support of the 249 mods gringrin

Ori e daru sha.
Re: Are You Ok With 2/3 Of Politics Mods Being Igbo? by tpia5: 12:44pm On Sep 18, 2013
Kairoseki77: Ironically, or maybe illustratively, people making jokes are from the same region that is over represented.

But some will say this is just a random coincidence.

Just leave them, i've pointed this out before but they say he who pays the piper also dictates the tune.

So, lets just observe the mod appointers and their godfathers.
Re: Are You Ok With 2/3 Of Politics Mods Being Igbo? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Sep 18, 2013
Kairoseki77:

I see. Below is a sample from your post history.

So I take it your problem with diversifying the line up of politics mods is coincidental as well?
lol the nigga has been stalking me, digging up my posts. how sweet!

Yea am Igbo, did i ever deny that?? Listen op, face the fact. You Yorubas have never found joy in anything concerning the Igbo tribe. c'mon dude, give it a rest. there are some wars that become pointless after a period of time, go ask the Americans. Like i said before, stop hiding under the pretense that yur fighting for the middle deltans. we can all see through yu and yur desires. Yur just another selfish Yoruba dude that derives joy in seeing the downfall of a man simply because his Igbo. take a hike Op yur just TOO childish!
Re: Are You Ok With 2/3 Of Politics Mods Being Igbo? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 18, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Maybe six.

One from each region of Nigeria.

Having ALL of them being from the South and 66% of them being from one tribe and one region is definitely a recipe for all the ill effects of lack of diversity.

must every thing in this country follow fed xter and quota.
Hia, ordinary website na im dey go wan play Nigerian politics.
Re: Are You Ok With 2/3 Of Politics Mods Being Igbo? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 18, 2013
Moreover, am igbo.
But all my bans in politics section are from igbo mods, including d one am serving now.
So dis topic is just too unnecessary like d poster himself.
Re: Are You Ok With 2/3 Of Politics Mods Being Igbo? by homesteady(m): 1:29pm On Sep 18, 2013
tpia@:

Ori e daru sha.

Meaning?? undecided
Re: Are You Ok With 2/3 Of Politics Mods Being Igbo? by gramci: 1:51pm On Sep 18, 2013
The op is another shameless bigot, why didn't he confess his love for middle belt when oam4j and jarus (both Yoruba mods) were in charge of politics section.

*spits on thread*

1 Like

Re: Are You Ok With 2/3 Of Politics Mods Being Igbo? by Kairoseki77: 2:26pm On Sep 18, 2013
gramci: The op is another shameless bigot, why didn't he confess his love for middle belt when oam4j and jarus (both Yoruba mods) were in charge of politics section.

*spits on thread*

Another Igbo

ngozievergreen: Moreover, am igbo.
But all my bans in politics section are from igbo mods, including d one am serving now.
So dis topic is just too unnecessary like d poster himself.

Another Igbo

The point I am making is that a site that is SUPPOSEDLY about the nation of Nigeria has been reduced to SW/SEairaland. Even worse it has become SE vs SWland. Why have Nairaland's political discussions become so small and insular? I am going to go out on a limb and say that it is because there is absolutely NO diversity among the people who lead the politics section.

In business school we learned that the value of diversity is in providing new ways to view the same problems. Different perspectives provide new insights and help eliminate blind spots.

If you are Yoruba or Igbo, you have no reason to believe that NL does not include you. You might think that every region is covered and that NL's politics section is a very open place. If you are NOT Igbo or Yoruba it can become painfully obvious how small the section has become and how rarely anything about your region makes it to the front page.

My original intent was for this to be heard by Mukina or Seun, not Sexkillz and other Igbos who have no idea what I am talking about because they have grown to assume that everything on this site must be about them or Yorubas.

Frankly, there are FOUR other regions in the country that are hardly ever discussed. In fact, I bet people from other regions shy away from the politics section because they feel that they have no voice. I DO see them on other sections of the site, just not on the politics board.

Is this a vital, fatal, problem? No, it's not even that serious. But it is an issue and making jokes is not going to change the fact that the politics section is currently a very myopic and insular place.
Re: Are You Ok With 2/3 Of Politics Mods Being Igbo? by Kairoseki77: 2:26pm On Sep 18, 2013
It's funny. The automatic assumption that this is a Yoruba vs Igbo thread is exactly my point.

I don't think any moderator should be removed, just that we need more diversity. Having even one Northern mod/Middle Belt mod would help.

Hell, adding Maclatunji would be an improvement.
Re: Are You Ok With 2/3 Of Politics Mods Being Igbo? by tpia5: 3:23pm On Sep 18, 2013
homesteady:

Meaning?? undecided

meaning ori e daru.
Re: Are You Ok With 2/3 Of Politics Mods Being Igbo? by tpia5: 3:26pm On Sep 18, 2013
not Sexkillz and other Igbos who have no idea what I am talking about because they have grown to assume that everything on this site must be about them

it will be nice to see how well this works for them.
Re: Are You Ok With 2/3 Of Politics Mods Being Igbo? by Kairoseki77: 3:59pm On Sep 18, 2013
homesteady:

Meaning?? undecided

He is asking you a question.
Re: Are You Ok With 2/3 Of Politics Mods Being Igbo? by Afam4eva(m): 4:01pm On Sep 18, 2013
sexkillz: 12 will be better. A male and female from each region.
What about physically challenged people? Don't they deserve to be represented too? Let's not forget that there are no Catholic mods in the politics section. We've also don't have any muslim mod in this section too. We also need mods for all the political leanings(PDP, APC, APGA, LP etc)Not forgetting Ogboni and eckankar worshippers. It's also pertinent to note that all the mods are straight(as far as i go), so in the spirit of representation, we should get at least one GAY mod. By the time, we sum all these together, we'll be talking about over 1000 moderators in this section alone.
Re: Are You Ok With 2/3 Of Politics Mods Being Igbo? by Kairoseki77: 4:08pm On Sep 18, 2013
^^^^^^^^^^^

Ori e ti daru patapata o!

1 Like

Re: Are You Ok With 2/3 Of Politics Mods Being Igbo? by Afam4eva(m): 4:10pm On Sep 18, 2013
Kairoseki77:
^^^^^^^^^^^

Ori e ti daru patapata o!
Sebi, eyin le so pe, e fe ki gbogbo tribe Nigeria wa represented lori Nairaland moderatorship.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

[b] DAVO93...is the NMAT most heroic Nairalander 2013[/b] / The Most Dangerous Selfies Yet? Scores Of Teens Compete To Come Up With The Risk / Major General Buhari And His Educational Background

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.