Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,058 members, 7,845,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! - Family (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! (112719 Views)

Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? / Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? / Wives, Girlfriends, Partners Please Tell Me You All Have Experienced This Too. . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (111) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 10, 2013
This site sef, how do one know when someone pass away?
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 3:44pm On Oct 10, 2013
Idowuogbo:

Hahahahha ... Trust me,her mouth na wire! She would ave done d shielding very well. Sleep beautiful! Sleep! kiss
Chai!
Silly me.
She is gone.
Why naw

I can understand now.
May God grant her eternal rest.
Had I know, I wouldn't hv asked.
I'm so so sorry o.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 10, 2013
Chillisauce: This site sef, how do one know when someone pass away?

I don't know o.
I just weak.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 10, 2013
yellowpawpaw:
I don't know o.
I just weak.
SHe was sick. Verified by TeHN. Ifyalways was part of it, had surgery done and did not come out of it....nairalanders attended her burial.

Some people care you know undecided
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 10, 2013
jennykadry:
SHe was sick. Verified by TeHN. Ifyalways was part of it, had surgery done and did not come out of it....nairalanders attended her burial.

Some people care you know undecided
I'm so sorry.
Had no idea.
Maybe it was b4 I registered.
I'm just feeling bad now.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 10, 2013
Prinuo: Guys

Kenyatta did what she had to do at the long run.

Leave this babyosisi's tough love, reverse psycho, people are wired differently. What worked for one may not work for the other.

The thing is I preferred Nashville, Nogen swag queen etc dem advice, killing person wey already wan die no de help at all times. Have seen matured adults, going ahead to commit suicide just cos they were urged/dared to do it, so e no de work all the time.

The babe don leave and the kudos to God Almighty, then the owner of this forum. China wouldnt have happened if we did not meet here. So a big Thank you to SWAG QUEEN, for speaking out, helping alot of us do the same and learn as well.

And you needed to hide under a new moniker to say that?
Do I bite?
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 10, 2013
Where is uredaddy
Will love to hear your progress report dear
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by LaShawn: 7:17pm On Oct 10, 2013
I am really happy for you, my dearest Kenyatta. God bless YOU! Thank God you made it in more ways than one...
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 10, 2013
There's this lady that I know & she has been dating a certain guy for close to 9yrs now. The problem is, the guy seems to be the abusive type (in my opinion). The lady is very desperate to get married (she's only 25yrs old) & turns a blind eye to all the warning signs (I don't even know if he hits her). In their third year of dating, the guy abandoned her for close to three months (with no good reason or explanation). At that time, she came to me for advice & I told her not to return to the relationship but she refused. Now, it seems like I'm the enemy, so she no longer tells me things about their relationship, but I know that she's suffering.

So, here is my question, when the victim in an abusive relationship chooses to live in denial, how can you help them?

I really want to help her.
Any suggestions?
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Uredaddy: 8:30pm On Oct 10, 2013
babyosisi: Where is uredaddy
Will love to hear your progress report dear

Hi @ all,

I deyooo. I'm still in bobo's house but am not carried away with his lovey dovey, it wont work. He's in his best behavior now, gives me anything I ask for, so am using the opportunity to save up for the rainy day. I now have about #20000 hidden somewhere.

I decided to stay around for two reasons;
1. I've studied the trend of his abuse and know that he will play nice at least till January, so I'll have time to plan very well and save money.
2. I've reported him to my Pastor's wife and she asked me not to go yet which I accepted after considering no 1.

He will have to meet the ff conditions;
1. Go for counseling.
2. Stop the abuse and careless talks.
3. Apoloise to my family and meet his obligations as an inlaw especially what he did not do when I lost my dad.
4. He must give me some allowance monthly.

If he doesn't concede to this , I leave with my kids and have him pay for their upkeeeps. I already have a lawyer that'll sort this out and the church promised to make sure he does that.

I just hope ASUU calls off the strike so I can write my final exams.

Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by swagqueen(f): 9:33pm On Oct 10, 2013
Uredaddy:

Hi @ all,

I deyooo. I'm still in bobo's house but am not carried away with his lovey dovey, it wont work. He's in his best behavior now, gives me anything I ask for, so am using the opportunity to save up for the rainy day. I now have about #20000 hidden somewhere.

1. I've studied the trend of his abuse and know that he will play nice at least till January, so I'll have time to plan very well and save money.
2. I've reported him to my Pastor's wife and she asked me not to go yet which I accepted after considering no 1.

1. Go for counseling.
3. Apoloise to my family and meet his obligations as an inlaw especially what he did not do when I lost my dad.

If he doesn't concede to this , I leave with my kids and have him pay for their upkeeeps. I already have a lawyer that'll sort this out and the church promised to make sure he does that.

Thank you.

Good girl! Keep your head up o. Save for the rainy day.

God be with you.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by dominique(f): 9:36pm On Oct 10, 2013
Way to go Uredaddy, I hope he agrees to meet with the conditions. Pls do keep us updated. The Lord is your strength.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Uredaddy: 10:06pm On Oct 10, 2013
Permit me to vent a little.

Sometimes I wonder why some people pay good with evil. Why don't we appreciate the things we have, the gold that we have until we lose them. Why do bad things happen to good people? Why am I saying all this, My husby is suddenly afraid that I'll leave him and is being so nice but his fears are written all over him. why do I have this feeling that he not going to change. Before now when I find his misplaced money, I return it back to him even though he's not aware of it and doesn't give me money.
I'm done living my life to please him or anyone else. I doubt if I'll be able to trust and love any man after these experience. I have forgiven him but will not forget in a haste but I'm still struggling to forgive myself.

Dear lord, please heal my heart.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by kreamidiva(f): 10:24pm On Oct 10, 2013
Uredaddy: Permit me to vent a little.

Sometimes I wonder why some people pay good with evil. Why don't we appreciate the things we have, the gold that we have until we lose them. Why do bad things happen to good people? Why am I saying all this, My husby is suddenly afraid that I'll leave him and is being so nice but his fears are written all over him. why do I have this feeling that he not going to change. Before now when I find his misplaced money, I return it back to him even though he's not aware of it and doesn't give me money.
I'm done living my life to please him or anyone else. I doubt if I'll be able to trust and love any man after these experience. I have forgiven him but will not forget in a haste but I'm still struggling to forgive myself.

Dear lord, please heal my heart.

Its ok to let it out. The Lord will heal you of all the hurt you feel now. Its just a matter of time.
Take it easy ok?

kiss kiss
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 10, 2013
Uredaddy:

Hi @ all,

1. Go for counseling.

Thank you.

Remember that was my first advice that you speak to people and see if he will listen and take time to plan before leaving
It is well
Hopefully the change will be a permanent one
Abusers thrive in secrecy
They bank on you being too ashamed to tell anyone
Now it is no more a secret
He now has people watching him
Good job girl
Proud of u
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 10:49pm On Oct 10, 2013
Na wa ooh.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Cathaliya: 10:56pm On Oct 10, 2013
2s£xy:
Na wa ooh.
wetin happen?
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 2:50am On Oct 11, 2013
Cathaliya: wetin happen?

He is too sexy for his shirt
Too sexy for his pants
Too sexy it hurts

Who knows that song?
Gosh I'm old
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by passionate88: 6:27am On Oct 11, 2013
babyosisi:

Too sexy for his pants
Too sexy it hurts

Who knows that song?
Gosh I'm old
Jesu!. See when u post. 2:50 am. U no dey sleep?. Or u dey road dey go meeting when u post am?. grin
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by kreamidiva(f): 6:42am On Oct 11, 2013
passionate88: Jesu!. See when u post. 2:50 am. U no dey sleep?. Or u dey road dey go meeting when u post am?. grin

She dey Obodo onyibo......
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by passionate88: 6:47am On Oct 11, 2013
kreami diva:

She dey Obodo onyibo......
O. Thank U. Na nw my mind dn rest. Thank U
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 7:59am On Oct 11, 2013
Hugs for u! @urdaddy. I know you will do the right thing and heal at the right time.
Keep going strong
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 12, 2013
I saw this while digging through some old threads. Hope it helps someone in the long run.

teefah: I think this is really the best thread ever. I started from the first page down to where it is now. I've been married for close to 2yrs now with a lovely baby boy but that story will come later.

@ Princess
My dear, spouse abuse is a very serious issue. I can't tell u to leave ur man but i'll tell u my mum's story.

She endured abuse from my dad for over 20yrs, precisely 23. Why did she endure it for that long? She endured because she kept thinking "What will i do", "how will i take care of my children", "what will PEOPLE say", "he's going to stop", "this is the last time i'll take it", etcccccc. She kept living in an illusion. The worst thing is that whenever my dad is angry, the whole house, every memebr of the family, is in trouble. He will beat everyone, from mother to children.

But you know what, at the end of the day, that thing she dreaded most happened. He beat her to a comma & she left the marriage & she will tell you that its the best decision she ever made in her life. I'm also glad she eventually saw reason and left him 'cos if not i'm not sure she will be alive today. She's alive today and happy. She even succeeded in training 3 children all through higher institution on her own. I'm very proud of her & i don't regret ever supporting her to leave my dad.

Although i've forgiven my dad, & even call him & send things to him from time to time i'm glad they are now apart. If they decide to come together today i will support it 'cos he is really a different person now, he's even born again. It took a divorce to bring him to his senses.

So dear, the decision is yours to make. Stay till you are abused to death or run for dear life till he comes to his senses( u do not have to divorce him immediately, a seperation might do the magic).

Whatever you do, i wish you the best.

Be fervent in prayers. The Holy Spirit will direct you onto the best path. I'll also say a prayer for you. kiss

www.nairaland.com/2598/tell-us-marriage/10

@2sexy, see how I learnt really fast, thks 4 d lesson wink !
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 8:46pm On Oct 12, 2013
Another one. They are from really old threads sha.

prinseth2003: This is about my marriage.I LIVE IN LAGOS NIGERIA..I met my husband in a bus on my way to LAGOS..What attracted me was his gentle looks and his sense of humour during our discussion..he acted to be God Fearing..he took me to a beach and proposed to me..my families didnt want me to marry him.but i prevail..with God intervention and prayers..cos he was consistent and never gave up...I have been married for 10years.. our wedding and honeymoon was actually unique..things were really moving fine but i think i made a big mistake marrying him... A

fter my first son's birth and my daughters...but problems starts cripping in when my husband started making money..right now my marriage is crumbling.and i think i need an advice on this issue...he beats me,,,throw my things out of the house...he makes some statements like...me not succeeding..that i do not like my fineface..and even telling me if i remeber how a man slaughterd his wife...i dont understand the meaning of the..i have never been unfaithfull to my husband though am beautiful..i believe that when one is married you dont need to be unfaithful but focused.

why i said i made a mistake is becos..i have tried to achieve so many thing but he wouldnt allow me cos he thinks am beautiful and that other men might see me if am too expose..thats why he stopped me school.cos there are lots of men there...closed down my shop cos they pentronize me and even seized my handset.he is quite jealous..and so many others..he has turned me into full time house wife..the worst of all is that he doesnt provide me with money even for the kidz cos he feels i will go out if he is not around..

please my fellow friends i do not know the reason for all this..how can you leave with a wife or woman if you cant trust her.. the owrst of all is that i have caught him several times with womwn even up to going to the hotel where he lodged..he come back feeling cool and telling me that only men are allowed to do that...Pls how can i love so a man..i even got an inormation that he is in a cult...he keeps late night and bad friends..he is not even a christian as he claimed..

PLEASE IS IT RIGHT TO PULLOUT BEFORE HE KILLS ME IF WITHIN THE BREAK OUT CAN I REMARRY..WHAT HAPPENS TO MY FOUR KIDS..THEIR SCHOOL..HOW AM I SURE THEY WILL BE TAKING CARE OF PROPERY AND NIN GOOD SCHOOLSHOULD I GO TO THE WELFARE??

Right now..am feed up and tired of the whole thing and need a break..

I think we need a break...

please i need all of your advice Soon??

CILLIA

www.nairaland.com/2598/tell-us-marriage/8

Very sad stuff.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 8:46pm On Oct 12, 2013
sage: ive seen so many cases where women tend to do themselves more harm than good by clinging at something that has already sunk. One of our family friends got married to a man 4 a few months b/4 the man started to abuse her and threw her out while she was pregnant. The girl and her family thought the guy would come back to beg but he did not. He did not even show up after the birth of his son. After a while the girls family decided to go and meet him. The original cause of the break up was that the guy was chasing and sleeping with other women and she wanted him to stop. He felt she had no right to tell him that and when her demands continued, he started to abuse her and then threw her out. The girl's family were schoked that he already had another woman in the house. When he was asked to state why he did not want her back, afterall, he had married her a virgin, the bastards cold blooded reply was "she no longer does it 4 me, i dont care what she was when i married her, i never cared, she simply does not do it 4 me and i simply dont want her in my life anymore. The girl and her family was devastated. They could not belive that this was the same guy that had come begging 4 their daughter b/cos she was a good and innocent girl and that he did not want any of the 'wild' girls that had been sleeping with men b/4. Now he was actually living with such a 'wild' girl and was planning to marry her.
The girl in question still refused to move on even after several pleadings (most of which my own mom was involved in) were made in her behalf to this guy. She let 5 valuable yrs of her life go by and refused to meet other people (i guess the feelings stemed from the idea that she was of less value now and had an extra baggage. She was one of the girls that dreamt of wedding nights, and happily ever afters. She could not bring herself to accept the fact that faced her. She didnot want to imagine that the guy probably decided to marry her just b/cos he wanted to sleep with her and then kick her out just like that as she had alwayz refused to sleep with him through out their dating and shatter all her life long dreams of spending her life together with the first man she knew). its now over 5 yrs and she has decided to start moving on again even though her feelings of less worth is still there

I dont see any reason why any woman should continue to cling to a marriage that involves an abusive partner just b/cos of the fear of the unknown. If it has failed, u can alwayz move on. There are people out there that would alwayz cherish u, even if ur present partner does not

www.nairaland.com/2598/tell-us-marriage/8
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 8:56pm On Oct 12, 2013
Lol... What did I do? grin care to jug my memory?
theLORDreigns: I saw this while digging through some old threads. Hope it helps someone in the long run.

www.nairaland.com/2598/tell-us-marriage/10

@2sexy, see how I learnt really fast, thks 4 d lesson wink !
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 9:02pm On Oct 12, 2013
Aunty baby, na wa o. That name sef dey deceive people on nairaland. I wonder what I was thinking before I chose such handle.
babyosisi:

Too sexy for his pants
Too sexy it hurts

Who knows that song?
Gosh I'm old
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by kreamidiva(f): 9:06pm On Oct 12, 2013
Na wah o..........

This life.....
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 12, 2013
cheesy okay.
2s£xy:
Lol... What did I do? grin care to jug my memory?

I asked...
theLORDreigns:
@ 2se*y or Cathaliya or anyone with dis knowledge, I didn't gerrit oo.
I can copy an address, buh instead of getting d address of a particular post, like Cathaliya's did, I'm getting d address of any post on that page.
Kindly elaborate. I'm using opera mini on a Curve4 BB. Thanks.
@SwagQ & All, 2se*y's PMs don't get to him oo, that's y I had 2 post it here. Thanks 4 ur understanding! *muah*

Then you answered...
2s£xy:

to get the specific post or link of a poster, click on the title of the thread bearing a poster's handle.

When you do that, it's automatically effected on your address bar. What you need to do is apply that description I gave Cathy and your are done.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 9:42pm On Oct 12, 2013
Okay... Ah. Now I get you grin. It's okay.

theLORDreigns: cheesy okay.

I asked...

Then you answered...

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 9:49pm On Oct 12, 2013
2s£xy:
Okay... Ah. Now I get you grin. It's okay.

smiley
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 6:45am On Oct 13, 2013
Thankyou everybody , no thankyou to babyosisi tongue
I am busy and miserable, I am not going to lie I miss him but I know it still early it wil pass very soon

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (111) (Reply)

My Husband Nearly Beat Me To Death Because I Denied Him Sex - Happiness Omonogor / Husband Caught His Cheating Wife, Snapped And Framed The Picture / Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.