Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,272 members, 7,829,600 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) - Religion (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) (65090 Views)

The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) / Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (96) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by howlongthislife: 11:23pm On Dec 22, 2013
howlongthislife: Good day moderator.

Please, below is a beautiful educative thread i am recommending for front page:

https://www.nairaland.com/1548460/creation-reveals-existence-creator

It will make for a nice reading, as i personally did enjoyed it too.

Thank your in anticipation, have a nice day. smiley

Good day mod.

Please, is it possible that this can be forwarded to FP ?

If not why ?

I kind of hoped i would have gotten a feed back from you, but no. Why ?

So, please, once more, i make the request please.

Thank you Mod.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 11:24pm On Dec 22, 2013
howlongthislife:

Good day mod.

Please, is it possible that this can be forwarded to FP ?

If not why ?

I kind of hoped i would have gotten a feed back from you, but no. Why ?

So, please, once more, i make the request please.

Thank you Mod.
I sent it in but it did not make it.

Sorry.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Akpan10(m): 12:09am On Dec 23, 2013
Hy mod, please i would like to request that my post appears on frontpage of nairaland.check it out

www.nairaland.com/1565747/celebration-xmas-idolatrous
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by tpia5: 4:12am On Dec 23, 2013
kindly reopen the witch thread since we are on a mission to see who has the last word on it.

its not when i need to reply the beast running mouth there that you should close it.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 6:22am On Dec 23, 2013
tpia@:
kindly reopen the witch thread since we are on a mission to see who has the last word on it.

its not when i need to reply the beast running mouth there that you should close it.
Can I have a link to it?
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by SalC: 8:50am On Dec 23, 2013
Hello Mynd_44

You banned Syncan for "religious intolerance against atheists" while he can't remember any such thing take place now or in the past. Can you atleast point out where he did so or unban him.

Here's link to his handle

https://www.nairaland.com/syncan
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 9:03am On Dec 23, 2013
I already replied him
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by SalC: 9:25am On Dec 23, 2013
Mynd_44: I already replied him
I really don't like coming here alone posting but I have to point out this

Enigma: ^^^ Let them be 'indulging' themselves in self-deceit with their "indulgences". smiley

Just like when we hear: "we do not worship Mary, we just honour her"
we can compare: "we do not lie, we just do not speak the truth".

Meanwhile the normally [b]belligerent and cantankerous noisemakers[b/] went quiet after it was shown that from the Bible Jesus is the only mediator and the only redeemer.

Amazing how ignorant of important Christian truths people can be if they allow themselves to be misled by others who or a "magisterium" which discourage/s them from reading the Bible and they too only read some bulletins!

Another thing, one of them was comparing the apostle Paul to their despicable "popes" who came up with the rubbish idea of "papal infallibility" and to do that was impliedly demeaning the apostle Paul's advice that a colleague should use wine for his stomach. The person of course is a [b]pure ignoramus[b/].

Yes, the Bible is not a book of science or medicine or what have you. But the apostle who gave the idea had insight we do not have: he had an idea of the stomach problem his colleague had; he had an idea of the kind of things that helped to deal with the problem. So when he said "use a little wine for your stomach", he knew what he was talking about.

But meanwhile for our friend's attempt to demean Paul, let me now point out a couple of things:

For a long time even after the apostle Paul wrote, the "scientific opinion" or "medical prescription" of wine for stomach problems was still known. It is said that wine was the considered medicine for gallstones: in fact even the Roman Catholic (though reform-minded) Erasmus took wine partly as medicine for his own gallstones in the 15th/16th century.

Further, consider this study reported as recently as 2009: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/5416413/Glass-of-wine-a-day-cuts-risk-of-gallstones-by-a-third.html

"Glass of wine a day 'cuts risk of gallstones by a third'

A glass of wine a day can cut the risk of developing gallstones by a third, a new study shows.

Scientists previously knew that moderate levels of alcohol could protect against gallstones, but did not know how much was needed.

Gallstones occur when bile from the gallbladder, which is normally fluid, forms stones
."

smiley
I didn't see you hide this post or am I missing something here? You told Syncan you banned him for using words like "malicious and ignorant" yet you left the one that used " belligerent, cantankerous, and ignoramus" are you for real?

FYI the word "Crybaby" has been used by thesame Enigma longer than I can remember for the Catholics, you gave that as one of the reasons why you banned Syncan yet you left Enigma's post bearing thesame"crybaby" on the same thread.

Hmm I don't understand how you moderate but I think you should be fair to both parties atleast you should first warn them now that you are here not an outright ban since the former moderators allowed such thrieve during their own time. Though am not sure you also banned Enigma.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 9:38am On Dec 23, 2013
A report to moderator feature exists for a reason. And yeah Enigma has been banned
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by SalC: 9:50am On Dec 23, 2013
Pardon me, I don't know how to use that feature and I also know this complaint thread exist for a reason.

I think you should go back to that thread and sanitize it the more since you've already started.

I don't mind you hiding anybody's post if it breaks any rule, but I think a ban for now without a warning is rather hasty.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by SalC: 10:07am On Dec 23, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/776835/feedback-comments-complaints/40#20405197

That's link to his complaint on the general section and your reply

Hopefully you will reconsider
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by truthislight: 10:24am On Dec 23, 2013
Sal C:
I think you should go back to that thread and sanitize it the more since you've already started.

COMPLAINT!

@mod.

Please mynd.

There is a thread some two years ago or so that someone mentioned 'Ignorance' in a post, can i search for it and bring it so that you can hid the post and ban the person ?

I will be very glad if you will. kiss

5 Likes

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:09am On Dec 23, 2013
If only you listened to me. https://www.nairaland.com/1566190/religion-sections-general-chatroom

Seun, please there's a reason that thread was opened. The mistake was letting the other two divisive chat threads remain stickied. They serve no purpose and bring division. What we want is for you guys to unsticky the two chat threads and sticky the one general chat thread. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by SalC: 11:35am On Dec 23, 2013
truthislight:

COMPLAINT!

@mod.

Please mynd.

There is a thread some two years ago or so that someone mentioned 'Ignorance' in a post, can i search for it and bring it so that you can hid the post and ban the person ?

I will be very glad if you will. kiss
I don't know why you had to quote me before making your complaint, but I was referring to post made same day with the ones he hid

Though if he decides to hide or ban people for posts made the day Nairaland was launched, that's moderators work and I have no say there.

Pls don't quote or reply me here again cuz I won't reply you to avoid derailing. I hate to see my post hidden.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:07pm On Dec 23, 2013
COMPLAINT!

I want to complain about this insulting thread: https://www.nairaland.com/1413128/why-devil-hates-how-response
Mynd, you have made it clear here that you will not tolerate criticism and false lies and propaganda against another religion. That people should only promulgate their own religion and not try to bring down someone else's. The above thread has only one purpose: denigrate Almighty Satan and his demons. Can you please delete the thread? Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:12pm On Dec 23, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: COMPLAINT!

I want to complain about this insulting thread: https://www.nairaland.com/1413128/why-devil-hates-how-response
Mynd, you have made it clear here that you will not tolerate criticism and false lies and propaganda against another religion. That people should only promulgate their own religion and not try to bring down someone else's. The above thread has only one purpose: denigrate Almighty Satan and his demons. Can you please delete the thread? Thanks.

wow that is against your religion.

Any post against satan must be deleted from this section, since its propagating and spreading conspiracy theories against your religion.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 2:20pm On Dec 23, 2013
Different religions have different personality for the enemy of their deity. There is always an opposite to the supreme being and that personality is called devil, satan etc. how are you so sure the OP meant your God? All I see is a common name.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by woky: 2:21pm On Dec 23, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

wow that is against your religion.

Any post against satan must be deleted from this section, since its propagating and spreading conspiracy theories against your religion.
for your mind grin
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:29pm On Dec 23, 2013
Mynd_44: Different religions have different personality for the enemy of their deity. There is always an opposite to the supreme being and that personality is called devil, satan etc. how are you so sure the OP meant your God? All I see is a common name.

I hope you keep this same stance when I attack the arch enemies of my Lord.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 2:31pm On Dec 23, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

I hope you keep this same stance when I attack the arch enemies of my religion.
undecided
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:33pm On Dec 23, 2013
Mynd_44:
undecided

Jesus, Yahweh, Mary, Abraham, Muhamed, Allah, Elijah etc. All enemies of my Lord, Satan. Lucifer the first.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 2:37pm On Dec 23, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Jesus, Yahweh, Mary, Abraham, Muhamed, Allah, Elijah etc. All enemies of my Lord, Satan. Lucifer the first.
Howe does this relate to anything? Show me a verse in your holy book that mentions any of the name you mention
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:39pm On Dec 23, 2013
Mynd_44:
Howe does this relate to anything? Show me a verse in your holy book that mentions any of the name you mention

My religion doesn't have holy books. It is based on oral tradition.

Not sure about satanism though. undecided
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by woky: 2:39pm On Dec 23, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

hehehehe

wahala dey ooo
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:40pm On Dec 23, 2013
Mynd_44:

Sorry, We don't have a holy book.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 2:41pm On Dec 23, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

My religion doesn't have holy books. It is based on oral tradition.

Not sure about satanism though. undecided
And your oral tradition talks about intolerance or any of the prophets he mentioned? undecided
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:43pm On Dec 23, 2013
Mynd_44:
And your oral tradition talks about intolerance or any of the prophets he mentioned? undecided

No. My religion came before their prophets, etc.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 2:44pm On Dec 23, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

No. My religion came before their prophets, etc.
And your religion mentioned them?
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:47pm On Dec 23, 2013
Mynd_44:
And your religion mentioned them?

No. However in tribal culture, vengeance is very important.

It is like our religion to take revenge on those who have wronged us or caused us any harm.

1 Like

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:49pm On Dec 23, 2013
But we have several books.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 3:02pm On Dec 23, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

No. However in tribal culture, vengeance is very important.

It is like our religion to take revenge on those who have wronged us or caused us any harm.
Sorry we dont do vengeance on NL

1 Like

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by AlfaSeltzer(m): 3:07pm On Dec 23, 2013
Mynd_44:
Sorry we dont do vengeance on NL

But you allow the insult of Satan.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (96)

Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies / Eunice Olawale's Coffin And Burial Today (pics) / The Train: Movie On Mike Bamiloye's True Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.