Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,527 members, 7,823,290 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) - Religion (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) (65026 Views)

The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) / Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (96) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 7:09pm On Dec 23, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

This is why I asked you to show me the response. You see we are not talking of the same thing. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. You have answered the previous question. It was my subsequent question that I didn't get an answer to.
For clarity, here is the question again: Are you saying that different rules will apply to different members here based on what each member's holy book or tradition or whatever says?
To the emboldened, the answer is simple: Moderator's intuition....
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by woky: 7:09pm On Dec 23, 2013
Mynd_44:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)
why was my post hidden
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 23, 2013
Mynd_44:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

sorry,is that a joke or something...
I asked for Nairaland Trolling,sir.
You just gave me the link to definition of Troll(like the ones we see in mystical films)
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 7:11pm On Dec 23, 2013
woky: why was my post hidden
Your post was derailing. I dont think I need to remind you that it is not allowed.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 7:12pm On Dec 23, 2013
Divepen:

sorry,is that a joke or something...
I asked for Nairaland Trolling,sir.
You just gave me the link to definition of Troll(like the ones we see in mystical films)
sorry. Seems the link was broken by the system. Try copying and pasting so it will include the underscore and the internet in brackets.

Cheers
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 7:14pm On Dec 23, 2013
Mynd_44:

Complaint:
Your remark is too bad,principle is principle.
You gave that rule ..
I am saying this becausr my next post are going to be about Atheists,Pagans

if you want to know..i just want to post
'Idols are demons'
if you use intuition,am i sure you will not use to delete that thread...
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 7:19pm On Dec 23, 2013
Divepen:
Complaint:
Your remark is too bad,principle is principle.
You gave that rule ..
I am saying this becausr my next post are going to be about Atheists,Pagans

if you want to know..i just want to post
'Idols are demons'
if you use intuition,am i sure you will not use to delete that thread...
it is simple, follow the rules. Make sure your posts are not offensive oh and remember this

Mynd_44: Different religions have different personality for the enemy of their deity. There is always an opposite to the supreme being and that personality is called devil, satan etc. how are you so sure the OP meant your God? All I see is a common name.

now stop disturbing.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Ishilove: 7:35pm On Dec 23, 2013
EDITED

Mynd, seriously there is a problem. I will not make any comparisons to previous mods because you all have different your different styles but this style of yours is too heavy handed for a 'hot' section like this.

This is not the literature section where we have kids and syntax murdering wannabe writers. This section is unique, so you should have taken time to understand the dynamics before coming out Rambo style to start banning, hiding, deleting and what not. I am not saying offenders shouldn't be sanctioned. Rather, be fair, balanced and tactful when you address users' complaints. You just told Divepen 'to stop disturbing'. That is very rude, Mynd. RUDE.

Modding isn't easy because I have a few as friends, however, it is no license to go about it the way you are. angry

1 Like

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 7:41pm On Dec 23, 2013
Ishilove: Mynd, seriously there is a problem.
Feel free to share it
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 7:56pm On Dec 23, 2013
@Ishilove, I apologise to Divepen if it sounds like an insult.

2 Likes

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 7:59pm On Dec 23, 2013
Now that being said, I did not ban Alfa until I completely and totally answered all his questioned even though I showed him his post which I was going to ban him for.

Now to the others, I also banned you for derailing Twice I think and I did that to pass a message to everyone. Derailing this thread is not wise and is not something that should be allowed. This is a complaints thread not a chatroom which was why the initial bans were for hours even after warnings.

What would you say I do when people derail? Not hide their posts and allow them continue?
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by HezronLorraine(m): 10:12pm On Dec 23, 2013
Mynd_44:

Mynd why do the religion section citizens hate you already?
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 10:18pm On Dec 23, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: Mynd why do the religion section citizens hate you already?

Some want to derail the complaint thread with impunity while others just want to insult ather people's beliefs.

I might be here until new mods are assigned but rules are rules.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Joshthefirst(m): 10:41pm On Dec 23, 2013
Ishilove: EDITED

Mynd, seriously there is a problem. I will not make any comparisons to previous mods because you all have different your different styles but this style of yours is too heavy handed for a 'hot' section like this.

This is not the literature section where we have kids and syntax murdering wannabe writers. This section is unique, so you should have taken time to understand the dynamics before coming out Rambo style to start banning, hiding, deleting and what not. I am not saying offenders shouldn't be sanctioned. Rather, be fair, balanced and tactful when you address users' complaints. You just told Divepen 'to stop disturbing'. That is very rude, Mynd. RUDE.

Modding isn't easy because I have a few as friends, however, it is no license to go about it the way you are. angry
I support this. Respectfully mynd, you can't use that kind of force on a section like this, you'll only get frustrated by alpha coming with different ids. This section is full of strong words, not necessarily meant to insult directly and demean, but to cause others to be at attention and think( mostly at times). If you go on like this, you'll have to ban me till 2397 because I will always show atheists the foolishness and blindness of atheism and use strong words to get their attention; words like pathetic and foolish and stupidity.
This is the religion section after all, where people try to explain life and God, or unexplain him. The man with the best words wins.

You banning us for using words like foolish etc would be equivalent to crushing our spirits.(I admit that some intents of insults should be reported and dealt with, but you'll be able to notice the difference)

We can all work together to bring about harmony(the kind we see here shaa) grin

Merry Christmas

5 Likes

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 11:11pm On Dec 23, 2013
And I miss the point where you have to insult to pass your point across. I did not make the rules, I follow em. You think atheists are wrong for not believing and they think same of you. You must learn to be civil to change people. Christ teaches you to show love and at a point he told you " if you go to a place and the reject you, dust the sand off your feet and move on".

You remember that "bY faith man believes but by mouth, confession is made unto righteousness" you can't make a man have faith by forcing him and cursing him, it makes him hardened and hates you more and so he will hit back at your religion.

You will do well to realise this
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Joshthefirst(m): 11:30pm On Dec 23, 2013
Mynd_44: And I miss the point where you have to insult to pass your point across. I did not make the rules, I follow em. You think atheists are wrong for not believing and they think same of you. You must learn to be civil to change people. Christ teaches you to show love and at a point he told you " if you go to a place and the reject you, dust the sand off your feet and move on".

You remember that "bY faith man believes but by mouth, confession is made unto righteousness" you can't make a man have faith by forcing him and cursing him, it makes him hardened and hates you more and so he will hit back at your religion.

You will do well to realise this
I did not say I insult them. I do not affront or demean them. I only show them the lowness of their world view. And I do not hound them. I use hard and heavy words, not to insult, but to get attention.

If anything, the bible deals the hardest blow to them, dismissing them as fools with barely a verse.
Jesus and John the baptists and the prophets in the bible were not always civil.

Yes. We should be punished when we intend to demean and insult others personalities, which will be easily discernible by you, but we might not always be civil, we might be hard and straightforward.

Matthew 23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!...
16 Woe unto you, ye blind guides,...
17 Ye fools and blind:... 19 Ye fools and blind:...25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!...
26 Thou blind Pharisee,
27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
Matthew 3:7 he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

One can't always be polite when preaching. Sometimes one must be vehement.

Ban us for the right reasons sir. Not for exchanging our religious or irreligious sentiments in vehemence and curtness.

2 Likes

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 11:38pm On Dec 23, 2013
Sorry, you were banned by the spambot

1 Like

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Ishilove: 11:44pm On Dec 23, 2013
Mynd sweerie, please Josh has been banned by Aunty Spam Bot. Please unban him. Thanks.
https://www.nairaland.com/joshthefirst

1 Like

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Joshthefirst(m): 11:46pm On Dec 23, 2013
Mynd_44: Sorry, you were banned by the spambot
thanks. Lol. You're fast. You unbanned me before I even complained. Chai. Thank you very much sir.

You'll make a good mod once you get used to this section and its hotness. Once again, more grease to your shoulder. grin

Merry Christmas.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 11:48pm On Dec 23, 2013
Now you have made an important case here. But how would you explain it when the same person you use those words find them insultive and decide to attack you back? What happens then?

We have a case where someone threatened to cut off people's head and he later said he meant it as a joke but the damage has been done already. If you claim that you use such language for attention, then you need to find another reason.

Logicboy called Maclatunji an "animal" in the middle of an argument and claimed he referred to evolution. He called Ajibam a "tool" and claimed it meant something else. Enigma and Syncan went for one another's jugular just some of these words were peddled.

Now if someone was to call a prophet stupîd for listening to the voice of God(which he does not believe in) which is his opinion, would you like that?

If an atheist called you an îdiot and a complete morön for choosing to believe the bible or calls the Bible a book of lies, how would you feel? All those can be titles of threads....

I saw a thread today with the title "Catholics are Idol worshippers" he posted bible verses why and pictures but I had to change the title to "Are Catholics idol worshipper?" because you might find it unoffensive, others do and as I thought, someone had reported the post.

This is the same problem with the Muslims, you assume that just cos you take insults everyday, they should too which is wrong, no insults should be allowed which is already in the rules of this forum and we should abide by it.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by princesa(f): 11:50pm On Dec 23, 2013
This section though...

Argument and counter arguments, yet none from both sides is crossing the carpet any soon.

And am like, are they doing this for the fun of it? For pride, ego, arrogance? Or they really wanna make a difference

Beats me to the marrow. undecided

here's a word of advice: please you all should take your crusade to the streets, they are confused and helpless people out there who need a sense of direction.

Stop using your hard earned or freely given Megabyte to complain, link, argue and dig up archives already! ya all are only basically drawing traffic for seun.

Because...

Alpha wont stop loving Satan, logic wont become a Christian, divepen wont become an atheist, pope wont stop being a catholic, pagan wont stop loving his gods...

So what's the point? cry

This faith you guys have on here is damn tough, and really exasperating!

Just take this 'fight' to the street since you guys are this passionate about it. You would actually affect lives. angry

Phew! Mynd, that's my complaint. I hope I don't get banned for it.sad
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 11:53pm On Dec 23, 2013
Joshthefirst: thanks. Lol. You're fast. You unbanned me before I even complained. Chai. Thank you very much sir.

You'll make a good mod once you get used to this section and its hotness. Once again, more grease to your shoulder. grin

Merry Christmas.
I see no point in delay. If I see something has a fault, I fix it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (96)

Beirut: Church Altar Survives Explosion Despite Being Less Than A Kilometer Away / Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies / Chinese Authorities Blow Up Christian Megachurch With Dynamite (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.