Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,432 members, 7,830,167 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) - Religion (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) (65097 Views)

The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) / Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (96) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by psky: 3:30pm On Dec 23, 2013
Mynd_44: Different religions have different personality for the enemy of their deity. There is always an opposite to the supreme being and that personality is called devil, satan etc. how are you so sure the OP meant your God? All I see is a common name.

Actually the term satan is exclusive to Judeo-christian religions. And in the original post of Ajibam he mentioned the term seventeen times. Alfa seltzer's religion is Satanism, looking at the name alone it would be sheer ignorance to claim Ajibam was referring to another deity.

Fact is some satanists do worship the Satan of the bible, and so their enemy is Yahweh, the bible itself serves as reference. Therefore if you are going to hide threads that criticize one religion for the promotion of another you will also have to hide Ajibam's thread for insulting Alfa Seltzer's deity.

Last of all, I would like to correct you on an erroneous belief you hold. You said there is always an opposite to the supreme being of a religion, wrong. To an extent it was the Judeo-Christian religions that pioneered that system. Most religions just have several deities to appeal to for different things.There was no good vs bad mindset.

If you really want to keep moderating on this section you are going to have to educate yourself not just on the religion section but on religion itself.

5 Likes

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by AlfaSeltzer(m): 4:59pm On Dec 23, 2013
Let me get you straight Mynd. Are you saying that different rules will apply to different members here based on what each member's holy book or tradition or whatever says?
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 5:09pm On Dec 23, 2013
Dude, I have already replied you.

1 Like

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by AlfaSeltzer(m): 5:11pm On Dec 23, 2013
Mynd_44: Dude, I have already replied you.

Sorry but your response wasn't clear.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by psky: 5:14pm On Dec 23, 2013
Mynd_44: Dude, I have already replied you.

You haven't replied me.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 5:22pm On Dec 23, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Sorry but your response wasn't clear.
Go over it again. And if you still dont get it, try it all over again

1 Like

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 5:23pm On Dec 23, 2013
psky:

You haven't replied me.
you sure? What's the question again?

1 Like

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by AlfaSeltzer(m): 5:40pm On Dec 23, 2013
Mynd_44:
Go over it again. And if you still dont get it, try it all over again

Where is it?
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by psky: 5:43pm On Dec 23, 2013
Mynd_44: you sure? What's the question again?

How do you manage to do your job so well? tongue

I presented an argument to you with my conclusion being that ajibam's thread be closed. Either you do that or you reopen Pagan 9ja's thread. It is only fair that you do one of them.

If you disagree then you could like a mature human being present a counter-argument, and not ask me silly evasive questions.

#Edited#

4 Likes

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by AlfaSeltzer(m): 5:45pm On Dec 23, 2013
psky:

I presented an argument to you with my conclusion being that ajibam's thread be closed. Either you do that or you reopen Alfa Seltzer's thread. It is only fair that you do one of them.

If you disagree then you could like a mature human being present a counter-argument, and not ask me silly evasive questions.

He hasn't closed my thread yet. I was just asking premptively just in case.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 5:47pm On Dec 23, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Where is it?
I thought you said it was not clear? Go read what was not clear again tongue

1 Like

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by AlfaSeltzer(m): 5:49pm On Dec 23, 2013
Mynd_44:
I thought you said it was not clear? Go read what was not clear again tongue

Still not clear. Why don't you show me so that I'm sure we're talking of the same "response".
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 5:51pm On Dec 23, 2013
psky:

I presented an argument to you with my conclusion being that ajibam's thread be closed. Either you do that or you reopen Alfa Seltzer's thread. It is only fair that you do one of them.

undecided
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 5:52pm On Dec 23, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Still not clear. Why don't you show me so that I'm sure we're talking of the same "response".
undecided
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by psky: 5:57pm On Dec 23, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

He hasn't closed my thread yet. I was just asking premptively just in case.

Apologies! I meant pagan 9ja. Unfortunately I have mixed you guys up, it's still the same logic though.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by psky: 6:07pm On Dec 23, 2013
Mynd_44: undecided

psky:

I presented an argument to you with my conclusion being that ajibam's thread be closed. Either you do that or you reopen Pagan 9ja's thread. It is only fair that you do one of them.

#Edited#

1 Like

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 6:14pm On Dec 23, 2013
And if I choose to do none? Stop bugging me over a question I have answered and issued that has been resolved. Pagan9ja has gotten his punishment for that too and I dont see the point in bothering over a resolved issue.

Now stop trolling.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by AlfaSeltzer(m): 6:16pm On Dec 23, 2013
Mynd_44: And if I choose to do none? Stop bugging me over a question I have answered and issued that has been resolved. Pagan9ja has gotten his punishment for that too and I dont see the point in bothering over a resolved issue.

Now stop trolling.

No it's not resolved. The Satan insulting thread is still alive. Can you delete it please. Thanks.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 6:19pm On Dec 23, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

now this post I find funny andirect violation of rule 2

Alfa Seltzer:

To cause him spiritual problems.
He thinks this section is like any other but we can shock him.

A black candle night vigil from me and a day long dry fasting by Divepen and the mod will go temporary mad.

Forgive me if I stop answering you but it has proven a waste of my time and a little of your history shows how much of a troll you are.

1 Like

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 6:20pm On Dec 23, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

No it's not resolved. The Satan insulting thread is still alive. Can you delete it please. Thanks.
No I wont. Direct answer.

Have a great evening.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by AlfaSeltzer(m): 6:29pm On Dec 23, 2013
Mynd_44:

now this post I find funny andirect violation of rule 2

This is a false accusation by taking my quote out of context. I was explaining the effects of lighting a Satanic candle in someone's name. I don't see how explaining the effects of something violates any rule. I never wished nor said I was going to do it. I was seeking opinions. You are the one breaking the rules here. Making new ones up and being generally biased.

You can't answer my very simple question but instead are deflecting and trying the old tactics of finding an irrelevant post to paint someone black. It's not working.

Answer the simple question: does the same rule apply to everybody or do we get our rules from our holybooks?
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 6:36pm On Dec 23, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

He thinks this section is like any other but we can shock him.

Intention to Troll and be a nuisance which you are playing out already; remember Rule 20?.

I hope you wont complain I am taking you out of context when I ban you.

And oh, there is nothing like a "Night vigil" a vigil is a vigil tongue
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by AlfaSeltzer(m): 6:39pm On Dec 23, 2013
Mynd_44:
Intention to Troll and be a nuisance which you are playing out already; remember Rule 20?.

I hope you wont complain I am taking you out of context when I ban you.

And oh, there is nothing like a "Night vigil" a vigil is a vigil tongue

All these so you won't answer the question I asked. Do you ban people for asking you difficult questions?

4 Likes

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 6:43pm On Dec 23, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

All these so you won't answer the question I asked. Do you ban people for asking you difficult questions?
This is the answer to your question

Mynd_44: Different religions have different personality for the enemy of their deity. There is always an opposite to the supreme being and that personality is called devil, satan etc. how are you so sure the OP meant your God? All I see is a common name.

and then you can read subsequent posts starting from there

https://www.nairaland.com/1447917/religion-complaints-thread-sticky/85#20412324

I hope the duration of your ban helps you read and understand the answers I provided to you.

Happy Holidays Alfa
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by psky: 6:45pm On Dec 23, 2013
Mynd_44: And if I choose to do none? Stop bugging me over a question I have answered and issued that has been resolved. Pagan9ja has gotten his punishment for that too and I dont see the point in bothering over a resolved issue.

Now stop trolling.

Please how has it been resolved? By Pagan 9ja being punished? undecided

And for crying out loud it's not a question, it's an argument. I'm really amazed you are having such a hard time figuring out the difference.

Like Alfa Seltzer has said, nothin has been resolved. You have just refused to defend your actions, refused to present a counter-argument, and refused to swallow your pride and accept fault. Please do one of these things to prove you are not entirely tyrannical.

By the way, I'm not trolling, I'm simply questioning your actions. There's a difference.

3 Likes

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 6:54pm On Dec 23, 2013
psky:

Please how has it been resolved? By Pagan 9ja being punished? undecided

And for crying out loud it's not a question, it's an argument. I'm really amazed you are having such a hard time figuring out the difference.

Like Alfa Seltzer has said, nothin has been resolved. You have just refused to defend your actions, refused to present a counter-argument, and refused to swallow your pride and accept fault. Please do one of these things to prove you are not entirely tyrannical.

By the way, I'm not trolling, I'm simply questioning your actions. There's a difference.
questioning my actions in what capacity? As a mod, super mod, admin or a member? How does this issue concern you?

Except you are Pagan 9ja, you are simply trolling. Now this issue has been resolved and done for. Stop trolling
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 6:56pm On Dec 23, 2013
Sorry to derail ..I'm lost here.
What is the definition of trolling
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by psky: 7:04pm On Dec 23, 2013
Divepen: Sorry to derail ..I'm lost here.

Apparently trying to defend other people who are being bullied by those in power.

1 Like

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 7:04pm On Dec 23, 2013
Divepen: Sorry to derail ..I'm lost here.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:05pm On Dec 23, 2013
Mynd_44:
This is the answer to your question

and then you can read subsequent posts starting from there

https://www.nairaland.com/1447917/religion-complaints-thread-sticky/85#20412324

I hope the duration of your ban helps you read and understand the answers I provided to you.

Happy Holidays Alfa

This is why I asked you to show me the response. You see we are not talking of the same thing. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. You have answered the previous question. It was my subsequent question that I didn't get an answer to.
For clarity, here is the question again: Are you saying that different rules will apply to different members here based on what each member's holy book or tradition or whatever says?

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (96)

Eunice Olawale's Coffin And Burial Today (pics) / Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies / The Train: Movie On Mike Bamiloye's True Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.