Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,498 members, 7,830,505 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) - Religion (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) (65100 Views)

The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) / Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (96) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 1:20pm On Dec 22, 2013
wiegraf: Erm, oh overlord mod.

[size=24pt]WHY ARE MY COMMENTS BEING HIDDEN[/size]
your comment violated rules 1 and 2
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Cheers01: 1:57pm On Dec 22, 2013
Mynd_44: @Logicboy, please serve your ban and please dont come with your alternate handles else I will ban em until your original handle is released. If you feel you have problems with your ban, kindly forward your complaints to the general section.

No worries. This is my last comment here and it is just to notify you that I have forwarded the complaints to the general section
https://www.nairaland.com/1565247/please-seun-give-religion-section

For those that want to see progress in the religion section

Logicboy03:
2) Let the religion section members elect the mods they want

The lesson that Seun needs to learn is that you have to be careful when restricting what people believe in. This is why the religion section is volatile. You cant just tell people how they should express their beliefs. There needs to be some nuance and understanding.

This is why we keep having problems with mods in that section. Just look at Mynd_44- he thinks that he can use the same tactics he uses in his regular section to rule the religion section.

We need mods that understand the religion section and its frequent members. This is why Humbledbygrace and Ajibam failed. They were not "frequents" or regulars on that section. The exact same problem with Mynd_44

You can see now in hindsight that Jesoul and Manmustwacc (the original mods of the religion section) were great on the modding job. They knew the regulars and could keep things a bit calm.

What I suggest is that we need 3 mods elected by the people;
-A christian
-An Atheist
-A Pagan

I am saying this because I do care about the religion section. I am not innocent, I have been banned many times- some wrongly, some rightly. But I never left the religion section.

Seun, the solution is simple- 3 mods elected by the people and for the people. It solves 2 problems
1) The religious section people cant complain about the mods because they chose the mods themselves
2) We would have mods that are experts in the 3 major beliefs in that section and so, they can tackle the problems in each belief adequately

Regarding point number 2- we had 3 anti-catholic christian mods and catholics were treated so bad that even atheists had to pity them. So we need a meritocracy as well as a democracy.

Seun, people see you as a leader. Be a Mandela and not a Jonathan

https://www.nairaland.com/1565247/please-seun-give-religion-section

2 Likes

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by LightningLord: 2:10pm On Dec 22, 2013
Mynd_44:
your comment violated rules 1 and 2

Good chief clown mod,

You ban me for derailing this thread? I didn't even instigate, I was replying ishilove? Really? Not even a warning??

Even if you were going to ban me for 'derailing', could it not have waited until you addressed my concerns. Or do you just declare I violated rules 1 and 2 and leave me with no say in the matter? Shikena! If you're this highhanded with just admin privileges on a website, then well..... I don't suppose you and mac are buddies?

Anyways, exactly how was my post off topic? Please, don't chicken out and do show how. Sadly, I didn't backup, but I'm sure you can dig it out, yes?

As for rule 2, are you saying I deliberately try to incite trouble with the good muslim maclabantunji? Why? Because I called clowns like him that cannot help but interfere in affairs that aren't their concern, clowns?

Is that what you consider an insult now? Ok, but I'd like some consistency pls. How about threads that call atheists fools, like this one. And, of course, the many, many posts daily that do so? I hope you'll act on those as well, yes?

And of course, I also hope you'll act on threads like @macs, which posts blatant lies like atheists claim

mac_d_one_true_untouchable_bossu:
2. I come from nothing.

Many atheists don't do this, and it's extremely disrespectful to our holy doctrine. I am serious. To some, it is like claiming they support pedophilia, it is a slanderous. For instance, another clown, @folykaze, would be insulted by such a statement. Genuinely so.

The good name of many atheists is being dragged through the dirt. People are labeled 'fools' for simply disbelieving in fairy tales, that's enough trouble for these poor atheists, let alone labeling them as 'nihilists' as well. "Atheists don't believe in anything bigger than themselves, in hell or heaven etc, just that we go back to being 'nothing' after we die. Therefore, atheists do not have any reason to be good and can just selfishly become evil". See?

Also, his other ridiculous claims and insunuations, eg, atheism = support of evolution, clearly lies, so I can only assume it's a troll. Meant to rile up atheists and paint us as the villains, to incite prejudice and hate towards us, I trust you will take care of them as well, yes?

3 Likes

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 2:18pm On Dec 22, 2013
Huh? Can you please summarize? I am not in a place where I can read long posts
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by LightningLord: 2:20pm On Dec 22, 2013
Mynd_44: Huh? Can you please summarize? I am not in a place where I can read long posts

No

2 Likes

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 22, 2013
I have a complaint. sad
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 2:27pm On Dec 22, 2013
LightningLord:

No
Can you wait until night then?
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 2:28pm On Dec 22, 2013
Phoenix619: I have a complaint. sad

shoot
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by LightningLord: 2:31pm On Dec 22, 2013
Mynd_44:
Can you wait until night then?

Yes
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 2:34pm On Dec 22, 2013
Mynd_44:
shoot

Today's is Sunday and no Christian topic on fp?
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 6:25pm On Dec 22, 2013
wiegraf:
Anyways, exactly how was my post off topic?
I am surprised you are even asking this. You mean to tell me calling people names like clowns is not derailing? How is name calling related to the thread in question?

wiegraf:
As for rule 2, are you saying I deliberately try to incite trouble with the good muslim maclabantunji? Why? Because I called clowns like him that cannot help but interfere in affairs that aren't their concern, clowns?
Yes. Must you try to be insultive? Why can't you debate with politeness or atleast maintain a standard of not trying to come across as insultive?
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 9:36pm On Dec 22, 2013
I am utterly and completely perplexed! shocked shocked shocked I just discovered that my thread on gay rights is in the General Section. Please what is that about? Why was the thread moved there? What does the content of a thread with a religious bias have to do with the General Section? Please, mod, return the thread to the Religion section. Seriously, how do you do that without even warning the OP of the thread?

Mynd, please return https://www.nairaland.com/1564633/lets-talk-gay-rights/2#20399077 to the Religion Section. The people who were interested in that discourse have left and they were the ones targeted. Good God!
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 9:42pm On Dec 22, 2013
The discussions there are not based on only religious views. Sure once a while someone might chip in a religious point but it is also ethnic, political, health and cultural which makes the General section perfect for it
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 9:46pm On Dec 22, 2013
Mynd_44: The discussions there are not based on only religious views. Sure once a while someone might chip in a religious point but it is also ethnic, political, health and cultural which makes the General section perfect for it
Mynd, are you serious? Did you read the op? From the beginning of that thread, it was religious philosophy. It is a question of morality that is fully subsumed in religion and philosophy. What do you mean by "once in a while someone might chip in a religious point"? Please take a good look at it. The discussion has been strictly religious philosophy. We don't need to be quoting Scriptures there for it to be religion. Please, move it back.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by wiegraf: 9:49pm On Dec 22, 2013
I'm looking hard, but I cannot see how you addressed anything here. By your standards, one could easily say this post is nothing more than an off-topic ad hominem....

MOD?!!:

I am surprised you are even asking this. You mean to tell me calling people names like clowns is not derailing? How is name calling related to the thread in question?

Erm, chief clown, obviously calling people names is not derailing. Derailing is making a post unrelated to the thread, yes? So exactly why can't both be done? Since when were they mutually exclusive?

That asides, who's calling who names? Calling a clown a clown is just that. You make one laugh? You're a clown. That's the definition, no?

Again, to xtians anyone who doesn't believe in GOD??!! is a fool. Something I point out to which you blissfully ignore. If you're offended about being called a clown, I'm offended about being called a fool. So, what are you doing about all the threads that call us good atheist fools, like this one? Or indeed, posts that call us fools, like this one on that very same thread

deep_sight:

If you had any idea of probabilities and "statistical analysis" you would not be an atheist.

You would see the stark, dim witted f.oolishness therein.

The epileptic insanity, even.

Or are you saying calling one a clown is more insulting than calling one a dimwitted, epileptic, insane fool?

Being the good mod that you are, I await you dealing with these (for starters, don't worry, I'll dig up many many more. we need to keep this place 'clean').

As for off topic, again, do post said post here again so you can show me just how. Is it more so than say this, this, and many others from that very same thread? Eg, the one from deep sight I quote just above? Hmmmm, baffling. I seem to recall even addressing some of his claims, eg most scientists were religious, microevolution makes sense but macro doesn't, etc etc, no?

MOD??!!:

Yes. Must you try to be insultive? Why can't you debate with politeness or atleast maintain a standard of not trying to come across as insultive?

Now you, good ser, accuse me of trying to be insultive. That, frankly, is folly. No, I was not trying to be insultive, I was simply telling him what is, just as I'm doing now to you. You find that insultive? You may be confused as I am not here be your nanny or something similar. That you think you know my intentions as well is just....

And again, mac wasn't trying to be insultive? You could have fooled me. Let's see if we can deduce his intentions, as you just expertly did mine

mac_bossu:
I would be shocked if anyone does not believe in microevolution: which basically means that animals and plants can experience minor changes over time but not to the extent that an amoeba would become a human being. That is just laughable.

Well, actually, lots of folk don't 'believe' in microevolution. I suppose their being 'laughable' is not insulting?

mac_bossu:
If this is what your "rational mind" can conjure, I shudder to think of what you would present when irrational.

mac_bossu:
Really? Go to the bank tomorrow to cash a cheque on it... #LOL

mac_bossu:
Obviously, I cannot live on this thread but I promise to come-in to address the better arguments from the posts of those who disagree with me. #Godwilling

This is mostly from just page 2. Obviously there's a lot more in there if I actually paid proper attention.

So, is mocking one's intelligence and goading exempt? Confusing. Or, again, maybe one is insulting only when the word 'clown' is used? As I fail to see how you missed these.

And all the other slander I mention earlier. Here's an exchange

amanfrommars:

Btw, no atheist I know of holds that we come from nothing. That's a misconception. No one knows the origin of life. We can only speculate. And no matter how brilliant your speculation, it would never count for evidence.

mac_bossu:
Hahahaha, then do not call yourself an Atheist then, call yourself a 'sceptic'.

So, he's been told being atheist doesn't necessarily equate to believing in 'nothing'. He simply laughs it away

Ooman later states

ooman:
Since you also claim your god does not have a creator, each time you make such statement, you insult your god as nothing.

Hope your logic become clear to you now.

And this is no lecture for atheists, this is a show of your ignorance.

mac_bossu:
Hahahahaa... your logic would be valid if I claimed there are many Gods as there are many of you up to the point that you can reproduce.

I claim that God is the source of everything and is one of a kind that cannot be replicated.

#Tryagain

Here you go, an atheist that finds the accusation he believes in nothing insulting (and he's far from the only one who's insulted when it's implied he has no purpose in life simply because he does not believe in skydaddy). He uses mac's GOD??!! to show just how insulting that statement is, let's not forget amanfrommars has already pointed out that assertion is not true. And what does mac do when all this is brought to his attention? He laughs at ooman.

Or this particular gem

mac_bossu:
A classic example is HIV.
The virus has evolved to take advantage of the moral decadence of men towards homosexuality to spread quickly amongst the general population.

If I have to point out just how insulting, and simply plain wrong, this statement is, then well.....

I ask for consistency, good sir. Please proceed to hiding/banning 'atheist are fools' threads/posts for starters, then we can deal with every other post that might be insulting to any group or person. Also, the thread in question I would think is a priority, as it's a snakepit of malicious lies against the xter and 'beliefs' of atheists.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 10:01pm On Dec 22, 2013
Wiegraf, all these cos I hid a post? You trytonguetongue

You are not allowed to call folks clowns, it is insulting and it wont be allowed. Try it again, it might result in a ban.

As regards the insults on atheists, please use the "report to moderator" feature when you see one,

@Pagan9ja, last warning.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 10:11pm On Dec 22, 2013
Mynd, it isn't respectful to you for me to go to the General Section mods and ask them to move the thread back if we are not agreed on its religious status. So I am requesting that you acknowledge that status before I go to them. That thread was neither meant for nor fits into the General Section. You probably had too much work on your hands to adequately judge its character from the OP and consequent posts. If you want, I can provide samples of posts on it to assure you that it was a religious discussion.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 10:18pm On Dec 22, 2013
Ihedinobi: Mynd, it isn't respectful to you for me to go to the General Section mods and ask them to move the thread back if we are not agreed on its religious status. So I am requesting that you acknowledge that status before I go to them. That thread was neither meant for nor fits into the General Section. You probably had too much work on your hands to adequately judge its character from the OP and consequent posts. If you want, I can provide samples of posts on it to assure you that it was a religious discussion.
Sorry bro, I can't.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:33pm On Dec 22, 2013
Front Page Suggestion: https://www.nairaland.com/1565691/igbo-dbia-chief-akunwata-ozoemena

can you do that?

Or are you going to move it to some other section

please inform me before you do so.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 10:37pm On Dec 22, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
Front Page Suggestion: https://www.nairaland.com/1565691/igbo-dbia-chief-akunwata-ozoemena

can you do that?

Or are you going to move it to some other section

please inform me before you do so.
Forwarded.

Thanks
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:38pm On Dec 22, 2013
Mynd_44:
Forwarded.

Thanks

Thank You.

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (96)

Eunice Olawale's Coffin And Burial Today (pics) / The Train: Movie On Mike Bamiloye's True Story / Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo And Wife, Modele In Matching Denim Outfits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.