Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,338 members, 7,811,980 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:18 AM

President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo (20827 Views)

See What This Man Thinks Of Buhari's 33-man Delegation To The US / Amaechi, Bakare, Others On Buhari’s 18-Man Delegation To US - Sahara Reporters / Jonathan Leads Buhari In Taraba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by Nobody: 9:25pm On Sep 22, 2013
Sahara reporters, in order to save nigeria's tax payers money, can you please provide president Jonathan with an alternative sleeping arrangement ?

Busybodies.....
Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by agbameta: 9:28pm On Sep 22, 2013
taharqa: No need for shouting. Nobody is disagreeing with you here. GEJ took 6000, not even 600 reported, delegates to UN General Assembly in New York. We believe you. Even though the 547 Civil Servants that SR just said accompanied him are more than d entire No of people in d Ministry of Foreign Affairs, we still believe you people. They must hv collected more Civil Servants from other Ministeries, like d Ministry of Education whose staff are lazying about doing nothing cos of d ASUU strike, in order to make up d 547 No. They chartered d Entire Aircrafts in Nigeria and many Big ones from d US in order to take these huge No of Delegates to New York. I saw them. I also saw them while they all landed there. Since there is no way 600 persons can possibly get Accomodation in New York on d week of d UN General Assembly, half of them are scattered in other nearby cities, esp California, from where they wud be chartered by those Big planes to New York every day (by d way did I mention that all those Planes that brought them to New York was actuali chartered for d entire week), whilst about 100 of them are currently squatting at d Basement of Nigeria's Embassy House in New York. I am looking at them now as am tying this. I should not forget to add that since these huge Nos of persons cannot fit into d UN General Assembly Hall during Pleniary, arrangements hv been made to provide HUGE Canopies for them just outside d Hall so that they wud be hailing GEJ as he gives his speech tomorrow. An impaccable Source (who I cant name cos he feigned Anonymity) confirms this plan; he also said that d Contract for the Canopies was taken by d lovely wife of d President herself.... I can go on and on; but suffice it to say that on this one we completely believe You and SR. So lets not fight over this. Thnks

This low grade dullard and elementarty school chicken scratch missed the spot, learn how to properly articulate your thoughts sanely and intellegently.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by Nobody: 9:31pm On Sep 22, 2013
I will pay N2million for anyone who can chain Musiwa for us.

Sahara and their news again. Well sha wetin concern me. Been long since I shunned them cos of their affiliation to amala opposition grin

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by agbameta: 9:32pm On Sep 22, 2013
okpara ugo: Sahara reporters, in order to save nigeria's tax payers money, can you please provide president Jonathan with an alternative sleeping arrangement ?

Busybodies.....

You mean the dullard president and his 600 worthless excess baggage and burden on Nigeria tax payers including dummies like abati and okupeh are too lazy and incompetent to figure this out and they need SR to tell them what to do and what's better for Nigeria....?
Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by taharqa: 9:32pm On Sep 22, 2013
agbameta:

This low grade dullard and elementarty school chicken scratch missed the spot, learn how to properly articulate your thoughts sanely and intellegently.
Bros, plz no fex. Don't call me a 'Dullard' na. Shebi, I was 'intelligently' agreeing with you na. Why d insults again??

5 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by awodman: 9:37pm On Sep 22, 2013
taharqa: No need for shouting, Bros. Nobody is disagreeing with you here. GEJ took 6000, not even 600 as reported, delegates to UN General Assembly in New York. We believe you. Even though the 547 Civil Servants that SR just said accompanied him are more than d entire No of people in d Ministry of Foreign Affairs, we still believe you people. They must hv collected more Civil Servants from other Ministeries, like d Ministry of Education whose staff are lazying about doing nothing cos of d ASUU strike, in order to make up d 547 persons. They chartered d Entire Aircrafts in Nigeria and many more Big ones from d US in order to take these huge No of Delegates to New York. I saw them myself. I also saw them while they all landed in New York. You know, since there is no way 600 persons can possibly get Accomodation in New York on d week of d UN General Assembly, half of them are scattered in other nearby cities, esp in California, from where they wud be brought to New York daily by those same Planes that was chartered (by d way did I mention that all those Planes that brought them to New York was actuali chartered for d entire week), whilst about 100 of them are currently squatting at d Basement of Nigeria's Embassy House in New York. I am looking at them with my own eyes as am tying this now. I should not forget to add that since these huge Nos of persons cannot fit into d UN General Assembly Hall during Pleniary, arrangements hv been made to provide HUGE Canopies for them just outside d Hall so that they can be hailing GEJ as he gives his Address tomorrow. An impaccable Source (who I cant name cos he doesn't want his name in Print) confirm this arrangement; he also said that d Contract for the Canopies was given to d lovely wife of d President, Dame Patiene Jonathan, herself.... I can go on and on; but suffice it to say that on this one we completely believe You and SR. So please lets not fight over this, abeg. Thnks

Hahhhaahahahha....I couldn't have put it better...sometimes I wonder how gullible we Nigerians can be

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by agbameta: 9:41pm On Sep 22, 2013
When the dullard and mrs umblerra lied to Nigerians about mrs umblerra's health conditions, where she flew to for treatment and when, Sahara Reporters told us the truth even while our own worthless and crooked president lied to us and denied SR's report, but SR was vindicated eventually and Mrs umblerra herself flew back to the country to state where she went and why.

When the dullard took his huge pose to Australia gave Nigeria bad image with all their gutter behaviour, SR gave us the truth and even Abati couldn't spin his way out of it, same with the AU summit....

Based on past cases, I'll go with Sahara before bothering with Jonathan and his crooked, lying and incompetent crew...

6 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by agbameta: 9:48pm On Sep 22, 2013
taharqa: Bros, plz no fex. Don't call me a 'Dullard' na. Shebi, I was 'intelligently' agreeing with you na. Why d insults again??

I care less about you agreeing with me with that lame and elementary nonsense..

Btw, California is on the US west coast and at leat 5 hours away by plane and days away by road so, how is it nearby NY?

Instead of wasting your time spewing ignorance and elementary crap on the internet, go back to school for some serious geography lesson..

Must you people behave and act like dullards really?

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by jmaine: 9:56pm On Sep 22, 2013
homesteady: Only 600 shocked sahara reporters should have made it 1000! Mtcheew!

Lolz . . . . . . cool
Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 22, 2013
Guys......I just contacted my friend that is part of GEJ's delegation to UNGA, and he got angry with the report. How can GEJ go with 600people? is it possible to have 600 people in an entourage? we just believe any crap posted here on nairaland. Please stop the defamation and lets all be objective. 600 people? haba!!!!

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by jmaine: 10:00pm On Sep 22, 2013
ochejoseph: Sowore : editor I am Not pleased with that News you carried on Jonathan's UN trip

Editor : Sir I don't understand I Did as you directed, you said run him down comple....

Sowore :sharrrrap I said sharrrap I told you to quote 6000 delegates and 5470 civil servant and what did you do ehnnn
Even that $2 million diamond coated expensive wine I told you to add as part of his Hotel room orders is cospiciously missing from the article

Editor : Am sorry sir ,its the printers devil sir

Sowore : Sorry for yourself , don't you know this are the kind of ''Moves'' that attract adverts to our site
See the way premium times is making it
Linda is now No 1 instead of me

Editor : don't worry sir i already have a story on PEJ body massage for $20,000 and GEJ photoshoped pics with prostitutes in New york !

Sowore : Now that's my Boy ​=))º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°º‎​=))

Sahara reporters have to do better than this , this is pure lame Duck Journalism!

gringringringringrin

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by musiwa1l: 10:04pm On Sep 22, 2013
you can clearly see, why they bomb up the united nation in abuja.

Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by jmaine: 10:05pm On Sep 22, 2013
taharqa: No need for shouting, Bros. Nobody is disagreeing with you here. GEJ took 6000, not even 600 as reported, delegates to UN General Assembly in New York. We believe you. Even though the 547 Civil Servants that SR just said accompanied him are more than d entire No of people in d Ministry of Foreign Affairs, we still believe you people. They must hv collected more Civil Servants from other Ministeries, like d Ministry of Education whose staff are lazying about doing nothing cos of d ASUU strike, in order to make up d 547 persons. They chartered d Entire Aircrafts in Nigeria and many more Big ones from d US in order to take these huge No of Delegates to New York. I saw them myself. I also saw them while they all landed in New York. You know, since there is no way 600 persons can possibly get Accomodation in New York on d week of d UN General Assembly, half of them are scattered in other nearby cities, esp in California, from where they wud be brought to New York daily by those same Planes that was chartered (by d way did I mention that all those Planes that brought them to New York was actuali chartered for d entire week), whilst about 100 of them are currently squatting at d Basement of Nigeria's Embassy House in New York. I am looking at them with my own eyes as am tying this now. I should not forget to add that since these huge Nos of persons cannot fit into d UN General Assembly Hall during Pleniary, arrangements hv been made to provide HUGE Canopies for them just outside d Hall so that they can be hailing GEJ as he gives his Address tomorrow. An impaccable Source (who I cant name cos he doesn't want his name in Print) confirm this arrangement; he also said that d Contract for the Canopies was given to d lovely wife of d President, Dame Patiene Jonathan, herself.... I can go on and on; but suffice it to say that on this one we completely believe You and SR. So please lets not fight over this, abeg. Thnks

These cynic maggots never cease to amaze one with their gullible stvpidity . . . .
Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by 360command: 10:32pm On Sep 22, 2013
I am forwarding my CV to 'The Pierre Hotel'. Perhaps , I might b the next 'maid in Manhattan'.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by 50calibre(m): 10:34pm On Sep 22, 2013
GEJ and his Ogogoro crew ready to storm New York in style, lavishing funds that could be put to better use back home.

600-man crew for what? What are they going to discuss? Nigeria has turned into a laughing stock, a fu*king jest.
Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by beblessed(f): 10:36pm On Sep 22, 2013
So untrue...sahara deserts abi reporters, you people are too dry! Get a life plz

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by sCun: 10:37pm On Sep 22, 2013
It can't be true
Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by delors(m): 10:38pm On Sep 22, 2013
Sahara liars! Maybe na only 600 the man lead go o. Wack journalism. Did he send the names of the 600 to you guys? undecided
Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by Davo93(m): 10:43pm On Sep 22, 2013
What exactly is Sahara Reporters telling us now?? I think the title of this news is wrong for what it contains. Sahara reports always finding fault in government and won't take much time to unravel the goodness of it. #GoGetAlife!

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by Uyi168: 10:45pm On Sep 22, 2013
600...haha,is he going to a battle field
Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by MrDirk: 10:45pm On Sep 22, 2013
musiwa1l: you can clearly see, why they bomb up the united nation in abuja.

U say?
Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by sCun: 10:45pm On Sep 22, 2013
I can't believe this news, but if the same GEJ is pledging to assist Kenya fight terrorisn, then anything is possible.
www.nairaland.com/1449689/jonathan-assist-kenya-fighting-terrorism
Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by LMAyedun(m): 10:49pm On Sep 22, 2013
Presidency denies reports that Jonathan travelled with 600-man delegation.

http://www.ynaija.com/saharareporters-must-have-been-counting-tourists-presidency-denies-reports-that-jonathan-travelled-with-600-man-delegation/
WHO IS LYING?

Saharareporters challenges President Jonathan to make public the list.. SaharaReporters, however, stands by its story of 600 delegates, which was borne out of thorough investigation.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/state-house-denies-knowledge-hundreds-nigerians-new-york-jonathan-delegation-un-general-as
Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by ssii: 10:50pm On Sep 22, 2013
kopite: Guys......I just contacted my friend that is part of GEJ's delegation to UNGA, and he got angry with the report. How can GEJ go with 600people? is it possible to have 600 people in an entourage? we just believe any crap posted here on nairaland. Please stop the defamation and lets all be objective. 600 people? haba!!!!

Were you expecting him to confirm the story?
BTW, this your friend in GEJ's delegation, what is his office and what role will he play at the UNGA?
Better still, your friend should furnish us with the list of delegates.

5 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by skimarvel: 10:50pm On Sep 22, 2013
Sahara Reporter is a re-birth of NTA..they never get their fact right...tank God they operate 4rm d sahara.sane humans shouldn't blive diz shit

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by free2ryhme: 10:54pm On Sep 22, 2013
make una ask our president whether na burial or wake keep im dey go o o o o
Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by Nobody: 10:55pm On Sep 22, 2013
600? Dios mi! shocked shocked

Dumb President
Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by Davo93(m): 10:59pm On Sep 22, 2013
REALITY101: 600? Dios mi! shocked shocked

Dumb President
You are also dumb for believing this dumb story...

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by Konjour(m): 11:00pm On Sep 22, 2013
All in all though, I'm just trying to compare and contrast the amount required to fund the trip of 600 government officials to the UN General Assembly (If its true) and the amount being asked by ASUU from the FG in order to call off their strike and let Nigerian students go back to school. I must say, the Nigerian Government has gotta be a constant source of depression for the masses its supposed to govern. :/
Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by topsy1971: 11:01pm On Sep 22, 2013
I love Sahara reporters. Please keep it up. criticism is expected from the accolades of the GEJ junta. Don't be deterred in expressing your views and opinion towards repositioning Nigeria back to her prestigious status.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by Nobody: 11:03pm On Sep 22, 2013
Davo93: You are also dumb for believing this dumb story...

And tu padre for having a dumb son

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by isi4(m): 11:04pm On Sep 22, 2013
L.M Ayedun..:
Nigeria, which has failed to focus on implementing the United Nations Millenium Development Goals, is sending a record 600-man delegation to the 68th General Assembly in New York which will focus on a follow-up plan, SaharaReporters investigations reveal.
The delegation is led by President Goodluck Jonathan, who will speak at the plenary debate on Tuesday.  It includes two state governors and the First Lady, Mrs. Patience Jonathan.
Most members of the delegation are 547 civil servants drawn from Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs), as well as advance team members who arrived in New York earlier to make preparations for the trip of the President.
The Nigerian delegation is by far the largest of any nation at this year's UN event, the theme of which is: “Post-2015 Development Agenda: Setting the Stage.”
SaharaReporters findings show that President Jonathan’s inner entourage comprises 26 people, including security aides, his wife, doctor and political associates.
The Nigeria leader, who has been much-criticized for squandering resources and for failing to lead by example, arrived in New York today and is staying at the lavish The Pierre Hotel across from New York’s Central Park in a presidential suite that will cost Nigeria at least $10,000 per night.  This means his tab for accommodation alone, for one room, will hit at least $50,000.  
According to the hotel’s documentation, the 39th floor presidential suite, which features an expansive living room and two bedrooms, among others, may be combined with other rooms and suites to provide up to 6 bedrooms and a private floor, an opulent option Mr. Jonathan is likely to have jumped at.  According to the hotel’s itinerary which was seen by Saharareporters, he is booked for five nights.
Several other members of the Nigerian delegations are booked in hotels around the city by the Nigerian consulate and staff members of some of the ministries that arrived in advance.
Nigeria has become internationally-known for wasting valuable development funds on lavish foreign trips.  It would be recalled that during last year’s United Nations General Assembly, for instance, the Minister for Petroleum Resources, Diezani Alison-Madueke, booked into two rooms in two different expensive hotels.  One of them was a $5,000 per night suite at the Four Seasons Hotel at 57 East 57th Street, and the other a 28th floor room at the Pierre for $3,000 per night.  It was unclear how she slept in two different hotels at the same time.
In addition, Ms. Alison Madueke’s delegation of seven from her Ministry also rented 10 limousines, at a cost of $1,800 per day, some of which were never used. 
As SaharaReporters reported last year, the profligacy of the Nigerian delegation attracted the attention of America’s National Broadcasting Corporation in New York, which reported on how African delegates from the poorest countries stayed in some of the most expensive hotels during the UN General Assembly and shopped in high-priced retail stores.
Mr. Jonathan will commence his official duties in New York this afternoon by engaging in an all-expenses paid lunch date with Nigerian professionals selected by Nigerian diplomats in the US.  
The invitation-only event was chosen after the President and his inner circle abandoned a Town Hall plan for fear of protesters in the New York area.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/president-goodluck-jonathan-leads-600-man-delegation-united-nations-general-assembly

Jonathan not in New York with 600-man delegation – Abati
on september 22, 2013 at 10:29 pm in news
Reuben Abati Special Adviser to the President (Media & Publicity) has denied reports that the President is leading a 600-man delegation to the 68th Session of the United Nations General Assembly in New York.
Abati made this known in a statement which reads thus
‘We have noted with regret the continuation today by Saharareporters.com of its usual scurrilous and baseless attacks on the Jonathan Administration with publication of a false claim that the President is leading a 600-man delegation to the 68th Session of the United Nations General Assembly in New York.
While we trust that discerning members of the public who are already very familiar with Sahara Reporters’ usual fare of mischief, outright falsehood and erroneous speculation will rightly dismiss this latest claim as a fresh manifestation of the online medium’s ill-will towards President Jonathan and his administration, we wish to affirm for the benefit of the unwary that there is absolutely no truth in the allegation that the President took a 600-man delegation to New York.
There is also no substance to the rehashed charge of profligacy which Sahara reporters annually makes against the President when he leads Nigeria’s delegation to the UN General Assembly.
The truth is that less than 30 persons arrived in New York with the President this morning as members of his entourage. Other than them, the only other persons who are in New York for the UN General Assembly with the President’s knowledge and approval are relevant ministers and few essential aides.
President Jonathan’s official delegation is definitely not out of proportion with Nigeria’s size, role and relevance in Africa and the global community.
Sahara Reporters’ claim that the President’s delegation is the largest at this year’s General Assembly is an unjustifiable fabrication which can never stand any rigorous test of truthfulness.
We are certainly aware that many Nigerian citizens are currently on visits to New York. These persons are here for their own purposes and neither President Jonathan nor his administration has any responsibility for the presence of these persons in New York.
We will not be surprised if it is such persons who include Nigerian businessmen who are here for an African Business Roundtable event, members of non-governmental organizations and tourists that Sahara Reporters has been counting, for the sole purpose of mischief-making, as “members of the Nigerian delegation”.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari/osinbajo Campaigns With Exercise Books (pics) / Ortom Imposes Dusk Till Dawn Curfew In Gboko / FEC Approves NNPC’s Request To Fix 21 Federal Roads At ₦621 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.