Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! (44502 Views)

Crowd At Port-Harcourt Airport To Welcome Wike From Abuja (Photos) / Results From Abuja - Vanguard / Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by Nobody: 6:24am On Sep 23, 2013
great1: My friend you sound very rusty brained here...!!!.. if you read the post carefully, he said 1 of the engines was making a creaky sound before it shut down, just to let u know

Well my dear, unless the captain announced the engine failure, the OP cannot be certain there was an engine stall. He said the engine was static, for goodness sake's he can't be certain of this as well. IMO, lets wait and see what unfolds later

1 Like

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by beauty4(f): 6:29am On Sep 23, 2013
Davo93:

What do you mean by saying the Indians? Betterstill, why don't you say DANA airline. Indians have one of the best aeronautical engineering in the world and their enginners are almost everywhere in our aviation sector with our own people that were trained over there in India.

I thank God for averting another big loss!

despite they have good engineers, the indians have a very bad maintenance culture and also bad administrative knowledge. Try sample d companies indians run in nigeria and check out their accident rate even though they cover most of the cases.
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by peterphd(m): 6:31am On Sep 23, 2013
Keep waiting for god to come and fix engines of planes so we can travel safely in Nigeria. Instead of citizen to sue and also write petitions against Dana air so that this kind of thing doesn't happen anymore, they wait for God. If any God so much as cared about this kind of thing, it shouldn't have happened in the first place.This is the same way we pray against road accidents instead of uniting and pressurising the government to give us good roads and to also impose stiff penalties on reckless drivers.oh Africans! Open your f***ing eyes and use your brains.peace.
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by modash(m): 6:35am On Sep 23, 2013
The story doesn't add up, at first you heard from a passenger then secondly you were a passenger! Which of the two was it? I seriously doubt this news
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by Nobody: 6:38am On Sep 23, 2013
citizenisb:

It's a pity these Indians continue to play with the lives of innocent Nigerians but nemesis will catch up with them one day!!!
how abt pple stop using the airline...
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by Nobody: 6:44am On Sep 23, 2013

2 Likes

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by Nobody: 6:49am On Sep 23, 2013
Blood money people! If any of their aircraft crashes again eh...

Buh what's haPpening in this country sef! Every body's always quick 2 criticize GEJ buh no 1 is taking his responsibility seriously!

Is some1 or an agency not suppose 2 inspect aircrafts before it airlifts passengers?

Can any1 jus push out any junk and risk d lives of Nigerians?

Why don't we ever learn from history?
This "foreign investors" will always come and drop a few dollars in some pockets and treat us like chickens if we don't change our attitudes!

God Help Naija
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by Ojobojo1(m): 6:51am On Sep 23, 2013
murimoney: Some pple go call GEJ now grin grin grin grin
Y dem no go call am, he should have banned that airline!
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by iBukas: 7:10am On Sep 23, 2013
DANA again pls God we need your help ASAP
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by blayz0923: 7:12am On Sep 23, 2013
citizenisb: Dana Air flight 356 from Abuja to Lagos which landed miraculously at 7:30pm at MM2 airport Lagos after its right engine was lost mid air 30 minutes to Lagos. Luckily for the passengers the solo engine was able to manage a safe landing unlike the IJU Dana Plane which lost both engines and crashed.

It's a pity these Indians continue to play with the lives of innocent Nigerians but nemesis will catch up with them one day!!!

please shut ur mouth..... engine failure is a normal thing, no machine is 100% efficient.
when things happen in Nigeria, its always blown out of proportion and ppl like u make silly comments. please check major airliners world wide, u will be shocked to know Nigeria's airspace is one of the safest.

besides, u aint an aviator to know wat an 'engine failure' is and the procedures in managing it.

3 Likes

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by sCun: 7:16am On Sep 23, 2013
No wonder they say people get the leaders they deserve. Here is an airline that Nigerians can easily boycott for safety reason and save their lives, but they chose not to. Were they forced to buy the tickets at gun- point? Why blame the government for this? Boycott the airline and they are out of business, you don't need the gove to do that. Anyone death in a dana crash after the last one, should be taken as suicide
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by ecolime(m): 7:18am On Sep 23, 2013
modash: The story doesn't add up, at first you heard from a passenger then secondly you were a passenger! Which of the two was it? I seriously doubt this news
I thought I was the only one who saw that. We should learn to verify stuffs like this before putting an organisation in a bad light. Bad public image is really hard to redeem.

1 Like

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by 3ace(m): 7:21am On Sep 23, 2013
And they will soon release a press statement trying to protect their image by packaging a sweet contrary story that will counter the OP's claim. God will judge you all for treating people's lives with levity.
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by lawmani: 7:21am On Sep 23, 2013
[size=8pt][/size]
josh4ever: The poster is a complete fool... Don't think you can wake up and start spewing crap to scare gullible Nairalanders who can't analyse an article before rushing to condemn....

One, the engines of a typical Dana MD80 plane are at the REAR of the aircraft, hence you CANNOT see it from your cabin at any point. [poster claimed the engine was in his words static How did you know it was static? You peeped out of the window? Mumu]

Two, he claimed the passengers were led through the back of the plane, sorry, but NO plane is authorized to disembark from the rear anymore and the MD80's aircraft rear doors are more like emergency exits which when deployed, gives a slide raft...

Three, the poster must be a relative of a previous victim on the Dana crash of last year and is keen on spreading false panic and Nairaland readily gives him that platform... Wile I sympathize with you, please stop with fake posts, you might kill some people with hypertension.

I'm waiting for him to provide proof to prove me wrong...

My brother, you just said my mind...how can people be this foolish to comment without thinking and doing just a little investigation. Dana planes have their engines at the rear and the poster said they were at the wing and fell off...Who saw it fell off? Someone will just wake up and start writing craps just to kill Dana off entirely when we all know they are on a very difficult roadmap to better service..If this news is proved to be fake, i recommend that this poster be identified, banned, arrested and Prosecuted for misleading false information to the public...fool[b]
josh4ever: The poster is a complete fool... Don't think you can wake up and start spewing crap to scare gullible Nairalanders who can't analyse an article before rushing to condemn....

One, the engines of a typical Dana MD80 plane are at the REAR of the aircraft, hence you CANNOT see it from your cabin at any point. [poster claimed the engine was in his words static How did you know it was static? You peeped out of the window? Mumu]

Two, he claimed the passengers were led through the back of the plane, sorry, but NO plane is authorized to disembark from the rear anymore and the MD80's aircraft rear doors are more like emergency exits which when deployed, gives a slide raft...

Three, the poster must be a relative of a previous victim on the Dana crash of last year and is keen on spreading false panic and Nairaland readily gives him that platform... Wile I sympathize with you, please stop with fake posts, you might kill some people with hypertension.

My brother, you just said my mind...how can people be this foolish to comment without thinking and doing just a little investigation. Dana planes have their engines at the rear and the poster said they were at the wing and fell off...Who saw it fell off? Someone will just wake up and start writing craps just to kill Dana off entirely when we all know they are on a very difficult roadmap to better service..If this news is proved to be fake, i recommend that this poster be identified, banned, arrested and Prosecuted for misleading false information to the public...fool[/b]

My brother, you just said my mind...how can people be this foolish to comment without thinking and doing just a little investigation. Dana planes have their engines at the rear and the poster said they were at the wing and fell off...Who saw it fell off? Someone will just wake up and start writing craps just to kill Dana off entirely when we all know they are on a very difficult roadmap to better service..If this news is proved to be fake, i recommend that this poster be identified, banned, arrested and Prosecuted for misleading false information to the public...fool

1 Like

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by Policewoman(f): 7:21am On Sep 23, 2013
citizenisb: Dana Air flight 356 from Abuja to Lagos which landed miraculously at 7:30pm at MM2 airport Lagos after its right engine was lost mid air 30 minutes to Lagos. Luckily for the passengers the solo engine was able to manage a safe landing unlike the IJU Dana Plane which lost both engines and crashed.

What is the source of this news?
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by finditng: 7:23am On Sep 23, 2013
I don't understand all the arguments...it's simple : fly Dana and you increase your death probability by 100%..In an already ill maintained aviation industry...which on a default has a death probability of 50%..now u looking at a 150% possibility of dying...i flew Dana bck to lagos from Abuja mid-yr and the plane couldn't land for another one hour plus...and. The crew refused to notify the passengers on what was going on ....we were in the air for over two hours...i just made up my mind from that day. I'd rather go through jibowu than. Board a Dana flight and if you give me Free Dana flight ticket and I'll curse you....i remember their body Indian managers all forming apologies as we got off the plane.....i remember one of dose idiots telling me " we apologize for the flight inconveniences"...i just told him "you must be stupid and pls get lost"......he just tagged 150% death probability on my life "Inconveniences "....

FLY DANA....PLAY LUDO WITH YOUR LIFE.

2 Likes

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by Bright2(m): 7:24am On Sep 23, 2013
I don't blame the airline i only blame those petronising them.
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by ignis: 7:27am On Sep 23, 2013
Why must Dana be allowed to continue flying in Nigeria.
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by 3ace(m): 7:28am On Sep 23, 2013
azido: u dey show urself abi
If pesin pass senseless comments, una go crucify am. Now, someone appears to know what he's saying, una still dey complain. I tire for una o. make u sef show ya sef na mak we see.
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by 3ace(m): 7:33am On Sep 23, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Op this story doesn't add up. The plane lost an engine 30 minutes to Lagos and continued flying passing all other airports on the way to Lagos without making an emergency landing?

O boy, ur tori no add up at all at all.
Maybe it wasn't up to 30 minutes.
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by Tochukwu779: 7:34am On Sep 23, 2013
"WHY I SLEEP AROUND WITH DIFFERENT MEN " - LADY CONFESSES (VIDEO) sad"WHY I SLEEP AROUND WITH DIFFERENT MEN " - LADY CONFESSES (VIDEO) http://trendperch..com
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by finditng: 7:37am On Sep 23, 2013
lawmani: [size=8pt][/size]

My brother, you just said my mind...how can people be this foolish to comment without thinking and doing just a little investigation. Dana planes have their engines at the rear and the poster said they were at the wing and fell off...Who saw it fell off? Someone will just wake up and start writing craps just to kill Dana off entirely when we all know they are on a very difficult roadmap to better service..If this news is proved to be fake, i recommend that this poster be identified, banned, arrested and Prosecuted for misleading false information to the public...fool[b]

My brother, you just said my mind...how can people be this foolish to comment without thinking and doing just a little investigation. Dana planes have their engines at the rear and the poster said they were at the wing and fell off...Who saw it fell off? Someone will just wake up and start writing craps just to kill Dana off entirely when we all know they are on a very difficult roadmap to better service..If this news is proved to be fake, i recommend that this poster be identified, banned, arrested and Prosecuted for misleading false information to the public...fool[/b]

Please shut the hell up...blady staff coming to defend....arrest ko, Dana (kill) him ni....dana's services are messed up......flew that airline and I can tell you the great difference with flying via IRS...because of some stupid salary you want to keep branding a poor serving organization..in a sector so sensitive with direct consequences on human life...how about plp posting as passengers on the same flight? ...you gonna arrest them too?.."may thunder fire your yansh and your head"

My brother, you just said my mind...how can people be this foolish to comment without thinking and doing just a little investigation. Dana planes have their engines at the rear and the poster said they were at the wing and fell off...Who saw it fell off? Someone will just wake up and start writing craps just to kill Dana off entirely when we all know they are on a very difficult roadmap to better service..If this news is proved to be fake, i recommend that this poster be identified, banned, arrested and Prosecuted for misleading false information to the public...fool
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by finditng: 7:37am On Sep 23, 2013

Please shut the hell up...blady staff coming to defend....arrest ko, Dana (kill) him ni....dana's services are messed up......flew that airline and I can tell you the great difference with flying via IRS...because of some stupid salary you want to keep branding a poor serving organization..in a sector so sensitive with direct consequences on human life...how about plp posting as passengers on the same flight? ...you gonna arrest them too?.."may thunder fire your yansh and your head"

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by finditng: 7:39am On Sep 23, 2013

1 Like

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by pastorprosper(m): 7:41am On Sep 23, 2013

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by 3ace(m): 7:42am On Sep 23, 2013
flexshop:

oga, the thread says flight 356 and not 354.
He just wanted us to know that he travels by air.

1 Like

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by pastorprosper(m): 7:42am On Sep 23, 2013
Its not d Indian owners who are to bame but d dumb Nigerian Government that gave them license to kill Nigerians.
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by Okijajuju1(m): 7:46am On Sep 23, 2013
I still repeat it... I will not fly DANA Air even if it is the last flight on ground and the Ticket is free..

I saw a Dana Flight on the Tarmac of Murtala Mohammed looking like a Plane that just came out of the Panel Beaters Shop with Potty all over the darn thing.. Even looking at the Planes, the amount of 'Doubler Plates' on the body of the aircraft is enough to put the fear of God in you.

My people, Abeg go and learn about the planes you are entering o!! If its not Aero or Arik, please fly Drive Chisco... Plane no be motor wey una go dey fly 50year old planes..
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by Policewoman(f): 7:47am On Sep 23, 2013
But from the little i have read on aeronautical engineering, the MD 80 series of planes which DANA uses, have their engines mounted on the fuselage at the back. A loss of one of the engines would probably cause the aircraft to spiral out of control, unlike what you would have on a wing mounted engine in a boeing or airbus for instance. This news is suspicious especially as there is no link.
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by bigiyaro(m): 7:50am On Sep 23, 2013
As far as our so called leaders continues to blunder, anybody from anywhere can do whatever he or she wants, weather from india or wherever.
Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by tellwisdom: 7:50am On Sep 23, 2013
Ehen??... So Dana uses engine?? shocked

1 Like

Re: DANA Flight From Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air To Lagos!!! by andymofia(m): 7:52am On Sep 23, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Yes and that makes the story sound more stupid. It means the plane was just 15 minutes from Abuja where it took off and 30 minutes to its destination. If so, wouldn't the pilot make a detour back to Abuja assuming there is no Airport within close proximity of the plane's coordinates at the time in question.

The tori no add up.

Abuja to lagos has never been 45 mins, its 50, 55 mins

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Kiki Osibanjo Changes Her Display Picture, After It Was Tagged Sexy / Biafra: Kanu Drags Buhari To ECOWAS Court / Hardworking Traffic Officer 'Mama G' Meets With Police IG In Abuja. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.