Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players (9952 Views)

Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation / Mourinho: These Are The Players Trying To Get Me Out Of Chelsea. / Who Are Your Best Footballers Of All-time? (the Players You Watched Play) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by Swaginton(m): 10:50am On Sep 23, 2013
Yesterday was perhaps a historic day in the world of English football.am not just talking about the mauling of manchester united by their rivals,manchester city.

It was also the last day paulo di canio presided as sunderland's manager.poor canio*sighs.

Anyways,as I woke up to be greeted by the shocking yet expectant news of his sack while I was still recovering from d harsh reality of man u's game yesterday.

I began to wonder;why is the coach always the first to be blamed?.moyes himself is already under immense pressure.don't the players themselves have any sense of responsibility?.sometimes the manager isn't given as much financial backing as he wants cause the board is more concerned with profits yet they want instantenous success..I personally believe(I stand to be corrected though) that sometimes players put up underwhelming performances either to get their coaches sacked or to force their out of their clubs so why are the coaches always at the receiving end?

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by Nobody: 8:03am On Sep 24, 2013
thats because he is being paid to get the best out from his players and win
matches..... i said, WIN MATCHES.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by Swaginton(m): 8:27am On Sep 25, 2013
young-dude:
thats because he is being paid to get the best out from his players and win
matches..... i said, WIN MATCHES.
sometims a player does not follow the specific instructions of the coach..for example I dnt tink keshi instructs ahmed musa to jst dribble,dribble and shoot at jst abt anytin

3 Likes

Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by homesteady(m): 5:29pm On Sep 25, 2013
If the team performs well the coach gets the praises! So if they perform badly, he should also get the blame cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by cashkid18(m): 5:29pm On Sep 25, 2013
i wish i know crycry cry

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by DonColz1(m): 5:30pm On Sep 25, 2013
The coach is the father, while the players are his children. --so if his children misbehaves, they will blame the father for not training them well.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by ajanifarouq(m): 5:30pm On Sep 25, 2013
bcus he is d leader

3 Likes

Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by phil5(m): 5:31pm On Sep 25, 2013
Its obvious but who else is to be held responsible?
Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by Kolade9(m): 5:31pm On Sep 25, 2013
Google don dey collect "ask fee"

4 Likes

Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by born2boink(m): 5:34pm On Sep 25, 2013
The coach need to be blame for impotent players because with techniques, a coach can get a stand at least if we can apply strategy and game plans, selection and ability to build on stronger position. We have different formation that suite level of competence. When Ghana felt they aren't good enough, they came to world with 4-5-1 with attack standing from midfield only and massive defence, this means to score them with 2:0, you have to be a very good team and then got out of quarter final with ill luck, if that team played 4-3-3, I don't think they will get more than first round but the ended up in quarter final
Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by homesteady(m): 5:34pm On Sep 25, 2013
Kolade9: Google don dey collect "ask fee"

Did he force you to answer him

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by Nobody: 5:34pm On Sep 25, 2013
Same reason Goodluck Jonathan is always blamed for the idiocy of Nigerians. angry

If a Boko Haram dude does suicide bombing and kills people, you all will blame GEJ.

If a person is caught with koko inside their stomach by border patrol and he is Nigerian, you all blame GEJ angry

If someone does ritual killings and then is caught or not, you all will blame GEJ. angry angry

I have found out that Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria and not the govt, yet you all will blame GEJ and govt sad

Hope that answers ur question angry

6 Likes

Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by k10: 5:34pm On Sep 25, 2013
same reason you blame jonathan nigeria's woes?

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by badmeat(m): 5:35pm On Sep 25, 2013
I dey come,make I ask onigbinde!grin
Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by phil5(m): 5:35pm On Sep 25, 2013
Coach:when u get to the 8ten just shoot players:ok sir
Mikel reach 8ten before he shoot they attack am ,him com fall
Nlders whose fault?

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by Afritop(m): 5:36pm On Sep 25, 2013
Because he is the that one that identifies and selects the players

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by damosky12(m): 5:37pm On Sep 25, 2013
The reason is simple. The coach is the one who assembled the players, he has the sole responsibility of disbanding and recruiting any player at his disposal. He is in charge of the players physically, psychologically and even emotionally. So, the result of the team is produced by the coach. In fact, the team and its results is the product of the coach, hence; when the team fails, the coach has failed..

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by eph12(m): 5:37pm On Sep 25, 2013
So who are mancity rivals exactly? And about your question am going to ask if you blame GEJ for Nigeria's present situation. Thanks.
Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 25, 2013
This one na question?

Who is being blamed for nigeria's bad governance?

Who spoke out and refuse to negotiate with terrorists when al shabbab attacked kenya?

If NL Mods pisses you off, who do you complain to?

The answer is in those questions I asked. the palyers might play badly but the coached must be blamed cos if they make the wrong selection or buy mediocre players, they get the wrong results, simple
Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by Afam4eva(m): 5:39pm On Sep 25, 2013
Swaginton: Yesterday was perhaps a historic day in the world of English football.am not just talking about the mauling of manchester united by their rivals,manchester city(frankly I don't believe manchester united should be given the privilege of being tagged as manchester city's rivals).

It was also the last day paulo di canio presided as sunderland's manager.poor canio*sighs.

Anyways,as I woke up to be greeted by the shocking yet expectant news of his sack while I was still recovering from d harsh reality of man u's game yesterday.

I began to wonder;why is the coach always the first to be blamed?.moyes himself is already under immense pressure.don't the players themselves have any sense of responsibility?.I personally believe(I stand to be corrected though) that sometimes players put up underwhelming performances either to get their coaches sacked or to force their out of their clubs so why are the coaches always at the receiving end?

Why should a coach have an incompetent player in his team in the first place? It's the duty of the coach to get the very best legs for his team and also bring out the best in his players even if they're above average players. If that's not the duty of a coach then i wonder what is. Else, teams will be playing without coaches.
Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by agrovick(m): 5:39pm On Sep 25, 2013
Cos he is responsible for the players on the pitch
Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by phil5(m): 5:40pm On Sep 25, 2013
Afritop: Because he is the that one that identifies and selects the players
nor they hurry to comment, u hear? Thanks grin
Afritop: Because he is the that one that identifies and selects the players
nor they hurry to comment, u hear? Thanks

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 25, 2013
The reality of coaching is that the players get credit for the wins and you get blamed for the losses. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by Lilchilz(m): 5:41pm On Sep 25, 2013
like this post if u knw nigeria qo beat ethiopia......and if u want ur life to never remain the same.....

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by phil5(m): 5:46pm On Sep 25, 2013
Lil chilz: like this post if u knw nigeria qo beat ethiopia......and if u want ur life to never remain the same.....
change is constant, hate post
Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by pastorprosper(m): 5:47pm On Sep 25, 2013
A group of sheep led by a lion would easily defeat a group of lions led by a sheep.

16 Likes

Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by Shalome(m): 5:50pm On Sep 25, 2013
Mesef dey always wonder the matter...the wonder of the matter for my mind never end
Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by 2rutalk1: 5:50pm On Sep 25, 2013
Very nice question. i have been pondering on this as well. I can remember vividly when Yakubu Ayegbeni missed one terrible goal when the net was 100% open and the goal keeper was no way to be found. Could the Coach equally have been blamed for such terrible finishing. Even a blind man would have scored that goal. The marginal Propensity to succeed in a match is a function of concerted efforts of both the Players and the Coach.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by importexpert(m): 5:50pm On Sep 25, 2013
Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by Rawpidgin(m): 5:50pm On Sep 25, 2013
why is GEJ being blamed for nigeria's predicament? dumb & naive question, dont u think?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

. / Neymar Rape Case Dropped Over Lack Of Evidence / CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.