Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,595 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players (9961 Views)

Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation / Mourinho: These Are The Players Trying To Get Me Out Of Chelsea. / Who Are Your Best Footballers Of All-time? (the Players You Watched Play) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by brightJN(m): 5:54pm On Sep 25, 2013
Buh sumtyms coaches r mend 2 b blamed for der lose, u r der 2 bring d best out of ur players
Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by Mrniceguyjohn(m): 5:54pm On Sep 25, 2013
All i gat 2 say is...Gurl ur buddy dey cost earth quake
Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by spenca: 5:55pm On Sep 25, 2013
Rawpidgin: why is GEJ being blamed for nigeria's predicament? dumb & naive question, dont u think?

Really a dumb one
Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by ndala(m): 5:55pm On Sep 25, 2013
phil5: nor they hurry to comment, u hear? Thanks ;Dnor they hurry to comment, u hear? Thanks

Lwkmd ooo
Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by theumpire: 6:00pm On Sep 25, 2013
Swaginton: (frankly I don't believe manchester united should be given the privilege of being tagged as manchester city's rivals). ^^^ op, what are insinuating by this? As for the topic, coaches are paid to manage teams to achieve victory, anything short of that is questionable.

Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by Nobody: 6:03pm On Sep 25, 2013
why is the coach paid in the first place? Whatever answer you give to this question will solve your puzzle.
Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by humnsikan: 6:07pm On Sep 25, 2013
To answer this question, you need to find out why the president of a country is always to blame for the failure of his country, even when the country had since failed before his ascent and people are out there hell-bent on sabotaging his every move, his good intentions for that country notwithstanding.
Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by nwamummy96: 6:16pm On Sep 25, 2013
The same reason we blame every happening on end time
Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 25, 2013
Swaginton: Yesterday was perhaps a historic day in the world of English football.am not just talking about the mauling of manchester united by their rivals,manchester city(frankly I don't believe manchester united should be given the privilege of being tagged as manchester city's rivals).

It was also the last day paulo di canio presided as sunderland's manager.poor canio*sighs.

Anyways,as I woke up to be greeted by the shocking yet expectant news of his sack while I was still recovering from d harsh reality of man u's game yesterday.

I began to wonder;why is the coach always the first to be blamed?.moyes himself is already under immense pressure.don't the players themselves have any sense of responsibility?.I personally believe(I stand to be corrected though) that sometimes players put up underwhelming performances either to get their coaches sacked or to force their out of their clubs so why are the coaches always at the receiving end?
why is the Captain always blamed when a ship capsize The answer could be in there, mind usmiley
Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by born2boink(m): 6:34pm On Sep 25, 2013
2ru-talk:
Very nice question. i have been pondering on this as well. I can remember vividly when Yakubu Ayegbeni missed one terrible goal when the net was 100% open and the goal keeper was no way to be found. Could the Coach equally have been blamed for such terrible finishing. Even a blind man would have scored that goal. The marginal Propensity to succeed in a match is a function of concerted efforts of both the Players and the Coach.
firstly, the coach selected yakubu because he has trust in him, if the team has been leading 3;0 and Yakubu screw up that chance, people won't be saying things has they have been saying now. The team did not lift up to expectation and they still messed up with great chance. That show lack of competence in coach, from selection, to tactic , to formation and either long ball attack or attack through centre or attack throw wide. Everything is down to coach
Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by born2boink(m): 6:43pm On Sep 25, 2013
Look at Keshi selection-The current super eagles have 3 different characters of attackers,1. The dribbler (Moses), the Solid shooter (Emenike) (Speed like Cheetah) Musa. Their is always a way to win anything at our level and below our level and threaten team above us. If any of these is missing, there will be always disaster because defenders facing them are facing team with 3 different attacking characters but if you combine Emenike, Ideye and Yakubu at the front, forget the glory, they will only try. Musa played as 9 in moscow but because of speed advantage, coach applied him to 9 here and same to Moses due to dribble advantage while Emenike can be slowing around the 18box knowing either through dribble or speed, ball will get to him with Mikel being solid iin midfield.
Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by gbadexy(m): 6:43pm On Sep 25, 2013
Why are coaches given the credit for the team's success?
Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by groovie(m): 6:49pm On Sep 25, 2013
Afam4eva:

Why should a coach have an incompetent player in his team in the first place? It's the duty of the coach to get the very best legs for his team and also bring out the best in his players even if they're above average players. If that's not the duty of a coach then i wonder what is. Else, teams will be playing without coaches.

bros no be coach dey release money to get the best legs. An example is the massive exodus of strikers from laliga to other leagues where they offer bigger pay.the coach can only manage the situation.
Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by Swaginton(m): 6:56pm On Sep 25, 2013
k10: same reason you blame jonathan nigeria's woes?
this is an ideal case of false analogy...a president's duty has little or no bearing on that of a coach
Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by Afam4eva(m): 6:56pm On Sep 25, 2013
groovie:

bros no be coach dey release money to get the best legs. An example is the massive exodus of strikers from laliga to other leagues where they offer bigger pay.the coach can only manage the situation.
By "best legs", i meant relatively the resources that they have. If you want to buy a players for $60 million, be very sure that the player is worth that much and not waste the money for a player that won't add a $60 million value to the team.
Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by 3ace(m): 7:00pm On Sep 25, 2013
A coach is a leader, just like governors, presidents, chairmen, managers, supervisors; infact, anybody that manages a group of people is a leader. Now the goal of any group is to achieve its objectives. If the group fails in its mission, the responsibility will be on the leader. He answers the query alone. He the group succeeds, the leader gets all the praises. I don't even think this should be an issue for discussion.
Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by Swaginton(m): 7:03pm On Sep 25, 2013
eph12: So who are mancity rivals exactly? And about your question am going to ask if you blame GEJ for Nigeria's present situation. Thanks.
as goal.com rightly said,man u are at best a top four team..they don't have the grit to challenge for the title and I believe only few in this thread would disagree..even man u fans!..PERSONALLY,chelsea are a better rival..even arsenal,tottenham and liverpool seem to be ahead of them in the running..ultimately thou,everyone is entitled to their opinion
Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by Swaginton(m): 7:09pm On Sep 25, 2013
leggo: this op is a MUMU. so the most sucessful club in england is not big enough to rival a club who rise to the top issnt old enuff to be in nursery school?? chai
I had the option of reporting you for disobeying rule 2 bt ild rather reply your question..we are in the present and if we start talkin about past achievements then I think liverpool should be seen in the same class of barca or realmadrid...let's face it,presently,mancity has more abilTy to attract top players their clubs than man u,the last tranfer window can testify to that
Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by habiolah(m): 7:11pm On Sep 25, 2013
I don't believe the coach is blamed for every match the team looses. Sometimes the team plays well, and their effort is sabotaged by a certain player's incompetence, people mostly blame the player in such cases, or the coach if he didn't do the right substitution. Coaches are generally blamed when the team performs below expectation; whether they win the match or not - at least by some of us.

By the way, have you voted for Olawale today? Oya bring out your phone now, and text 14 to 306. Empty hen numbers only please. Gud!cheesy
Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by mooregan(m): 7:11pm On Sep 25, 2013
I don't think some1 should still blame a coach on d incompetence of Danny Welbeck. That guy has played under Mighty Sir A. Ferguson and now under Moyes but there is no tangible improvement in him. I know some pple will tell me her marks for ball, but let's not 4get that a strikers main objective is to score.
Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by groovie(m): 7:15pm On Sep 25, 2013
Afam4eva:
By "best legs", i meant relatively the resources that they have. If you want to buy a players for $60 million, be very sure that the player is worth that much and not waste the money for a player that won't add a $60 million value to the team.
na so bros.but sometimes ehn expensive players go just flop. rafael sobis, vagner love, claudio pizarro, i can go on & on.cant explain wat happens sometimes.i dey pity coaches o!
Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by leggo: 7:18pm On Sep 25, 2013
Swaginton: I had the option of reporting you for disobeying rule 2 bt ild rather reply your question..we are in the present and if we start talkin about past achievements then I think liverpool should be seen in the same class of barca or realmadrid...let's face it,presently,mancity has more abilTy to attract top players their clubs than man u,the last tranfer window can testify to that
if you call 4months ago history , i smh for you..you belittle the defending champions over a run of a few bad games...my guy open your mind
Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by Swaginton(m): 7:24pm On Sep 25, 2013
Like I have always maintained,everyone is entitled to their own opinions..this is a free country..nw pls don't narrow this thread to a fist fight btw man u and man city
Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by leggo: 7:24pm On Sep 25, 2013
mooregan: I don't think some1 should still blame a coach on d incompetence of Danny Welbeck. That guy has played under Mighty Sir A. Ferguson and now under Moyes but there is no tangible improvement in him. I know some pple will tell me her marks for ball, but let's not 4get that a strikers main objective is to score.
my friend any coach that prefers welbeck/young to kagawa/nani should be shot in the sac
Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by LEXYCOM: 7:32pm On Sep 25, 2013
Becos when the teams wins a match, he takes the glory....
Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by PStacks(m): 7:32pm On Sep 25, 2013
The coach is the Team Manager and as such to harness the potentials from the team to achieve overall success! The bulk stops on their desk. Mourinho knows this perfectly well.
Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by eph12(m): 7:37pm On Sep 25, 2013
Swaginton: as goal.com rightly said,man u are at best a top four team..they don't have the grit to challenge for the title and I believe only few in this thread would disagree..even man u fans!..PERSONALLY,chelsea are a better rival..even arsenal,tottenham and liverpool seem to be ahead of them in the running..ultimately thou,everyone is entitled to their opinion
Alright boss. Its always easy to codemn a team after a loss specially like dat of manutd against mancity. But u should also know that every other big team in d EPL is struggling too. Did u watch mancity match against cardiff or stoke? Chelsea against manutd was bad. Also against everton n basel. Totham is also struggling this season. Liverpool have been saved many tyms by their keeper. They lost @ home to southampton. Only AFC is doing well now. So what exactly are u talking about? Tho i agree dis manutd team is shit.considering d amt of money others have invested. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by comrChris(m): 7:39pm On Sep 25, 2013
coaches r d ones who chooses the players that will play a particular match including tactics,formations,making changes which can determine the win/lose of the game,so they r 2 b blamed for it simple
Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by Cabsso(m): 7:40pm On Sep 25, 2013
bad meat: I dey come,make I ask onigbinde!grin

Re: Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players by zynzyn(m): 7:51pm On Sep 25, 2013
He chose the players that played. If the team wins, most of the glory goes to him. So, he should take the medicine when team fails. LOL! wink cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification / Neymar Rape Case Dropped Over Lack Of Evidence / NPFL: Shooting Stars Vs Kano Pillars (0 - 1) On 6th May 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.