Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,137 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Obama Meets With President Jonathan In US (Pictures) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama Meets With President Jonathan In US (Pictures) (32335 Views)

Caption This Photo Of Obasanjo With President Buhari And Gordon Brown / Buhari Meets With Bill Clinton & Gates In New York / Buhari Meets With German Chancellor, Angela Merkel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama Meets With President Jonathan In US (Pictures) by dondumexx(m): 12:06am On Sep 24, 2013
the two presidents met at the Waldorf Hotel, New York on Monday September 23rd 2013
http://dondumex..com/2013/09/president-obama-and-goodluck-jonathan.html

1 Like

Re: Obama Meets With President Jonathan In US (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:11am On Sep 24, 2013
American Presidents only meet with world's respected leaders at the Whitehouse. It is disrespectful to meet a Nigerian President at Waldorf Hotel for few minutes.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obama Meets With President Jonathan In US (Pictures) by tyson99(m): 12:21am On Sep 24, 2013
payless: American Presidents only meet with world's respected leaders at the Whitehouse. It is disrespectful to meet a Nigerian President at Waldorf Hotel for few minutes.
That is to show you that he is not respected grin

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obama Meets With President Jonathan In US (Pictures) by kenbee(f): 12:25am On Sep 24, 2013
in Hotel or in Obama's living room, Obama meet President Jonathan with high expectation. enough of this disrespect to our dear GEJ. mind U that any insult to our dear Mr Jonathan is also an insult to the collective sensitivity of all of us from Nigeria.

40 Likes

Re: Obama Meets With President Jonathan In US (Pictures) by taharqa: 12:26am On Sep 24, 2013
payless: American Presidents only meet with world's respected leaders at the Whitehouse. It is disrespectful to meet a Nigerian President at Waldorf Hotel for few minutes.

Oh!! SHUT ya ffucking mouth UP. You guys are taking this unbridled HATRED for a single individual too damn far; its almost making you chaps fickling CRAAAAZZY.

This is the Side lines of the UN General Assembly in New York, not Washigton. This is the same place Obama wud meet with the Chinese, Brazil President and others.

FOOOOLish, Noisemaking 'Opposition' CLOWNS.....*spitsondem*

121 Likes

Re: Obama Meets With President Jonathan In US (Pictures) by homesteady(m): 12:36am On Sep 24, 2013

Menh! You just confirmed your f00lishness!
Obama is in New York for the UN general assembly! And he is currently lodging in the Waldorf hotel!
Its has become a tradition for USA presidents to lodge in that hotel! And it costs $7000 per night

So do you expect him and GEJ to start travelling to Washington D.C when they can just meet in New York?
Besides, who told you that GEJ hasn't been to the white house?

44 Likes

Re: Obama Meets With President Jonathan In US (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:39am On Sep 24, 2013
taharqa:

Oh!1 SHUT ya ffucking mouth UP. You guys are taking this unbridled HATRED for a single individual too damn far; it almost making you chaps CRAAAAZZY.

This the Side lines of the UN General Assembly in New York, not Washigton. This is the same place Obama wud meet with the Chinese, Brazil President and others.

FOOOOLish, Noisemaking 'Opposition' CLOWNS.....*spitsondem*

Did you know for how long Jonathan Administration lobbied Hillary Clinton's State Department in order to get Jonathan to meet Obama in Washington? Jonathan was finally given an audience in New York due to U.N Assembly meeting and you think we should celebrate it. By the way, who told you Obama is meeting other world leaders at Waldorf? You are more clueless and stup1d than I thought. I don't blame you because there is no cable or electricity in Nigeria to actually know what is going on in the news. Stupid id1ot like you won't know what is disrespectful when it hits you in the face. Would Obama meet Camron or Netenyahu at Waldorf Hotel to discuss something important? You have tendency to be emotionally disturbed frequently on this forum anytime your master is talked about. I wanted to ask ask: where did you derive your username from? Are you an al-qaeda agent. Your username sounds like one.

41 Likes

Re: Obama Meets With President Jonathan In US (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:42am On Sep 24, 2013
homesteady:

Menh! You just confirmed your f00lishness!
Obama is in New York for the UN general assembly! And he is currently lodging in the Waldorf hotel!
Its has become a tradition for USA presidents to lodge in that hotel! And it costs $7000 per night

So do you expect him and GEJ to start travelling to Washington D.C when they can just meet in New York?
Besides, who told you that GEJ hasn't been to the white house?

Another stup1d militant on oil overdose talking rubbish. It was announced in July that Obama would meet Jonathan in New York and not at the whitehouse as requested by Nigeria government. Didn't you read the press release by state department three months ago? Jonathan wanted a whitehouse visit but was given a brief Waldorf meeting.

Obama was to meet him on the side line in New York as it was first reported few months ago.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/obama-jonathan-to-meet-in-washington/

https://www.nairaland.com/1398452/jonathan-obama-meet-washington

https://www.nairaland.com/1398190/obama-invites-jonathan-meeting-new

6 Likes

Re: Obama Meets With President Jonathan In US (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:48am On Sep 24, 2013
ure complaining about that. You shouldve seen the weak handshake Obama gave him, like gej was leporous or something.

9 Likes

Re: Obama Meets With President Jonathan In US (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:52am On Sep 24, 2013
kingoflag: ure complaining about that. You shouldve seen the weak handshake Obama gave him, like gej was leporous or something.

I saw it on tv. This meeting was a disrespectful one. Would Obama meet Camron, Angela Merkel or Netenyahu like that? The body language of Obama says it all. It is high time African leaders started calling the bluff of these western leaders.

It shows in the link below that Obama will be meeting with Israel Prime Minister, Benjamin Netenyahu at the Whitehouse.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/obama-meet-palestinians-abbas-20321824

4 Likes

Re: Obama Meets With President Jonathan In US (Pictures) by tomakint: 12:56am On Sep 24, 2013
payless:

I saw it on tv. This meeting was a disrespectful one. Would Obama meet Camron, Angela Merkel or Netenyahu like that? The body language of Obama says it all. It is high time African leaders started calling the bluff of these western leaders.
Do you still have parents? Have you ever felt love while growing up? Finally, my regards to your wife cool

11 Likes

Re: Obama Meets With President Jonathan In US (Pictures) by taharqa: 12:57am On Sep 24, 2013
payless:

Did you know for how long Jonathan Administration lobbied Hillary Clinton's State Department in order to get Jonathan to meet Obama in Washington? Jonathan was finally given an audience in New York due to U.N Assembly meeting and you think we should celebrate it. By the way, who told you Obama is meeting other world leaders at Waldorf? You are more clueless and stup1d than I thought. I don't blame you because there is no cable or electricity in Nigeria to actually know what is going on in the news. Stupid id1ot like you won't know what is disrespectful when it hits you in the face. Would Obama meet Camron or Netenyahu at Waldorf Hotel to discuss something important? You have tendency to be emotionally disturbed frequently on this forum anytime your master is talked about. I wanted to ask ask: where did you derive your username from? Are you an al-qaeda agent. Your username sounds like one.
So TOOOL, where wud Obama be meeting d Chinese President and other Presidents he wud be meeting on d Sidelines?? The White House in Bronkyl perhaps?... Plz, be fast with d answer cos am preparing my real response to you after that

5 Likes

Re: Obama Meets With President Jonathan In US (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:57am On Sep 24, 2013
tomakint:
Do you still have parents? Have you ever felt love while growing up? Finally, my regards to your wife cool

Do you still have parents? Are your parents still in Onitsha? My regards to your wife also.

3 Likes

Re: Obama Meets With President Jonathan In US (Pictures) by homesteady(m): 12:58am On Sep 24, 2013
payless:

Another stup1d militant on oil overdose talking rubbish. It was announced in July that Obama would meet Jonathan in New York and not at the whitehouse as requested by Nigeria government. Didn't you read the press release by state department three months ago? Jonathan wanted a whitehouse visit but was given a brief Waldorf meeting.

Obama was to meet him on the side line in New York as it was first reported few months ago.

https://www.nairaland.com/1398452/jonathan-obama-meet-washington

https://www.nairaland.com/1398190/obama-invites-jonathan-meeting-new

My friend sharrap there! Your ignorance has been exposed and you are here spewing senseless nonsense!
Was it GEJ that invited himself to Visit Obama? Was it not Obama that invited him?
So how did you come about your claim that Jonathan wanted a white house visit?

By BEN AGANDE
Abuja — President Barack Obama has
invited President Goodluck Jonathan for a
meeting in New York next month
, the
United States’ Under Secretary for Political
Affairs, Ms Wendy Sherman, has said.
Speaking with State House correspondents
after meeting with President Goodluck
Jonathan, Ms Sherman said Nigeria is a
very important country, not only in Africa
but in the world, which cannot be ignored.
Reacting to a question on whether the
failure of Barack Obama to visit Nigeria
during his last trip to Africa was a snub on
Nigeria, the American official parried the
question while emphasising the importance
of Nigerian/USA relations.
“Our presidents will likely meet soon. I will
leave that announcement to the President
of the United States and the President of
Nigeria.
“But Nigeria is a very important country,
not only here on the continent but around
the world.”
Nigeria has served on the Security Council
of the UN and it is likely to do so again in
future.
“ It is the head of the Committee on
Democracy and has been leader in so many
ways, like in ECOWAS as a peace-keeper all
around the world. These are the
partnerships that are important to us.”
Sherman who is leading a delegation to the
US-Nigeria Bi-National Commission
meeting described the commission as an
invaluable tool for the two countries to
work together for a strong relationship
between them.
She added that the commission would
support Nigeria as it moves forward to
meet all the challenges before it.
She identified the issues before the bi-
national commission to include security,
governance, education and agriculture.
Sherman said during her meeting with
Jonathan, she delivered a letter from
Obama to President Jonathan who accepted
it
adding that her country looks forward to
working with Nigeria further on the basis
of the letter.
source: http://
www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/obama-
invites-jonathan-for-meeting-in-new-york/
I guess you don't need an english teacher to explain to you more! Retardeen tongue

15 Likes

Re: Obama Meets With President Jonathan In US (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:58am On Sep 24, 2013
taharqa: So TOOOL, where wud Obama be meeting d Chinese President and other Presidents he wud be meeting on d Sidelines?? The White House in Bronkyl perhaps?... Plz, be fast with d answer cos am preparing my real response to you after that

Nonsense!
Re: Obama Meets With President Jonathan In US (Pictures) by Freewilly(f): 12:59am On Sep 24, 2013

The next time Obama travels to NYC for the UN Assembly I hope he up roots the White house and brings it along with him to meet world leaders. I hope that would make you happy.

23 Likes

Re: Obama Meets With President Jonathan In US (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:01am On Sep 24, 2013
homesteady:

My friend sharrap there! Your ignorance has been exposed and you are here spewing senseless nonsense!
Was it GEJ that invited himself to Visit Obama? Was it not Obama that invited him?
So how did you come about your claim that Jonathan wanted a white house visit?

I guess you don't need an english teacher to explain to you more! Retardeen tongue

Another Arindin on oil overdose. Do you know how many effort Jonathan Administration put in to visit white house in the last 18 months before they finally got Obama's attention in New York? They wanted whitehouse visit but got sideline visit in New York.

2 Likes

Re: Obama Meets With President Jonathan In US (Pictures) by tomakint: 1:02am On Sep 24, 2013
payless:

Do you still have parents? Are your parents still in Onitsha? My regards to your wife also.
1. Yes, I still have them intact.
2. They are based in Lagos.
3. Thanks!
Can you answer my questions now? undecided
Re: Obama Meets With President Jonathan In US (Pictures) by kenjudy(m): 1:06am On Sep 24, 2013
Dis thread na for people wey sabi english ooo. Me I don run comot from here abeg. D bomb too much. Chei!

2 Likes

Re: Obama Meets With President Jonathan In US (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:06am On Sep 24, 2013
Obama at UN to Meet With Palestinians' Abbas
WASHINGTON September 20, 2013 (AP)Share0Share on email
President Barack Obama plans to meet with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas on the sidelines of the United Nations General Assembly next week. The meeting will occur just days before Obama hosts Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at the White House.

Obama's deputy national security adviser, Ben Rhodes, said the subject of Tuesday's meeting with Abbas will be recently relaunched peace talks between the Palestinians and the Israelis. Netanyahu will be at the White House on Sept. 30. In recent weeks, Secretary of State John Kerry has also met with both leaders.

Rhodes said Obama on Tuesday will meet with Lebanese President Michel Suleiman, with whom he will discuss the influx of refugees to Lebanon from the Syrian civil war. He said Obama will meet Monday with Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/obama-meet-palestinians-abbas-20321824

Those are the people Obama will be meeting.
Re: Obama Meets With President Jonathan In US (Pictures) by homesteady(m): 1:21am On Sep 24, 2013
President's Schedule - September
21, 2011
Daily Guidance for 2011-09-21
In the morning, the President will address the
United Nations General Assembly. The First
Lady will also attend. This event is open to pre-
credentialed correspondents. The President will
then hold a bilateral meeting with Prime
Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel. There
will be a travel pool spray at the top of the
meeting with statements.
After, the President will hold a bilateral meeting
with Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda of Japan.
There will be a travel pool spray at the top of
the meeting with statements.
In the afternoon, the President will meet with
Nassir Abdulaziz Al-Nasser, the President of the
United Nations General Assembly. The
President will then meet with United Nations
Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon. These meetings
are closed press.
Also in the afternoon, the President will attend
a luncheon hosted by United Nations Secretary
General Ban Ki-Moon. There will be a travel
pool spray at the top of the luncheon.
After, the President will give remarks at the
Clinton Global Initiative. The President’s
remarks are open press.
Later, the President will hold a bilateral
meeting with Prime Minister David Cameron of
the United Kingdom. There will be a travel pool
spray at the top of the meeting with statements.
The President will then hold a bilateral meeting
with President Nicolas Sarkozy of the French
Republic. There will be a travel pool spray at
the top of the meeting with statements.
After, the President will meet with President
Salva Kiir Mayardit of South Sudan. There will
be a stills only photo spray at the top of the
meeting. The President will then meet with
President Mahmoud Abbas of the Palestinian
Authority. There will be a stills only photo spray
at the top of the meeting.
In the evening, the President and the First Lady
will attend the United Nations General
Assembly Reception. This event is closed press.
Later in the evening, the President and the
First Lady will return to the White House.
The
President and the First Lady’s departure from
John F. Kennedy International Airport and
arrival on the South Lawn are open press.

Source - www.whitehouse.gov/schedule/president/2011-09-21

Note! This was in 2011! All this meetings were held in New York! tongue still in that same hotel!
I don open your nyash today tongue retardeen! gringrin

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Babangida's Spokesman Reacts To Report He Asked Atiku Not To Run In 2019 / APC, R-APC ; Saraki Imbroglio : 2019 Permutations Likely To Be Altered / Toyin Saraki Poses With Her 3 Sons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.