Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,798 members, 7,817,305 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

So You Want To Be A Programmer...? - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / So You Want To Be A Programmer...? (20750 Views)

Teach Me How To Become A Programmer / Which Phone Will You Recommend For A Programmer? / Who Is A Programmer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by dejijohns(m): 4:16pm On Sep 28, 2013
Javanian:

IGNORANCE LEVEL: EXPERT
Lwkmd... grin
Javanian:

IGNORANCE LEVEL: EXPERT
Lwkmd...
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Sep 28, 2013
i love programming
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by Standing5(m): 4:29pm On Sep 28, 2013
Mr OP, you said you attended NIIT, please how can i lay my hands the NIIT Materials like their complete books and assignments. I want it to serve as guide with timeline as i learn java.
Thanks
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by javalove(m): 4:31pm On Sep 28, 2013
Standing5: Mr OP, you said you attended NIIT, please how can i lay my hands the NIIT Materials like their complete books and assignments. I want it to serve as guide with timeline as i learn java.
Thanks

Well, I finished from NIIT many many years ago and those materials should be somewhere around my house in Naija. Haven't set my eyes on them for over ten years. I guess you can make do with eBooks as there are lots of free learning materials lying around the internet

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by mystical10: 4:32pm On Sep 28, 2013
Thats good. i did CCNA @ karrox lagos, but what they gv us there seem nt enough, working on packet racer only. Pls i need a network engr(or a group) to follow. Cntct me @ kessymore10@yahoo.com
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Sep 28, 2013
dsypha:

IGNORANCE LEVEL: Pro!
Clearly, You are demented

I will like to ask a question

which language do you program with
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by domablaze: 4:40pm On Sep 28, 2013
obinna
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by jossy1luv(f): 4:49pm On Sep 28, 2013
nice tips.
im learning xhtml for now, but it doesnt seem this easy at all. cry
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 28, 2013
Meklex: I want to learn programming but I don't have a laptop,,, please any programming language I can learn without the use of computer.
If it's possible for me to learn the basics without the use of a system, like: know the uses of each string and the results of such strings.
I don't have any knowledge of any programming language but I am willing to learn, especially the lang. needed to create android apps. Till I get myself a lappy I will like to keep myself busy. Thanks anyone,?
smh, nigeria, sometimes its a dream killer
few months ago, people broke into my home, and stole three laptops, i had to search around and saw an old IBM, i used it for a couple of weeks before i got a new computer. if there was anyway i could get it to you, i really would. i also have an old toshiba, changed it from windows xp to seven, you could download dr java on it, wont be slow and just play around with it, if only there was a way to get it to you
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by johnson64(m): 5:08pm On Sep 28, 2013
Nice post it really step up my game coolNice post it really step up my game
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by CanotEngiE(m): 5:16pm On Sep 28, 2013
Its gud wink
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by jibbzion(m): 5:32pm On Sep 28, 2013
K.K Imoh:
Me i badly wanna be a software/app developer, i'v fell in love with it, & i badly need clues,ideas,tutions on how to materialize it.

Me too
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by Knownpal(m): 5:48pm On Sep 28, 2013
Thanks for the article cool
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by charlsecy4(m): 5:56pm On Sep 28, 2013
deols: Programmers are the ones making money these days, so I want to be a programmer.
You have to love coding first!

1 Like

Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 28, 2013
Recommended e-books
Sam teach me _____ in 24hrs.
Ur free to put any programing language including andriod and java in the space(______)
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Sep 28, 2013
Donlittle:
smh, nigeria, sometimes its a dream killer
few months ago, people broke into my home, and stole three laptops, i had to search around and saw an old IBM, i used it for a couple of weeks before i got a new computer. if there was anyway i could get it to you, i really would. i also have an old toshiba, changed it from windows xp to seven, you could download dr java on it, wont be slow and just play around with it, if only there was a way to get it to you
Ask him where he stays, he might be living beside u
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Sep 28, 2013
I got a scholarship to learn java at aptech. Java progaming cost 140k there, i paid nothing! Guess what? My parent spoilt everything! The story is to long to tell. Nw i learn java on my own buh i face 2 major chalange,
1. Nepa! I nid light to power my laptop! We have not have light here for 3 months nw. We on gen everynite which is not enough.
2. DATA. 4 example java setup is 90mb! Andriod sdk is 400mb. I dont have money to buy heavy data bundles. Luckily i downloaded java when mtn bis was still working 4 orther divices.
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by DAWITLAD: 6:18pm On Sep 28, 2013
nice one.me wanna really learn ooh
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by dhtml(m): 6:19pm On Sep 28, 2013
I am proud to be programmer anytime anyday - in fact, it is one of my greatest achievements in life.

@op, thanks for bringing this up - we need more people like this op.

#

END TIME TINZ no i didnt say that, must be your eyes. . .
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 28, 2013
runzlord:
Ask him where he stays, he might be living beside u
i dnt live in naija
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by adewasco2k(m): 6:38pm On Sep 28, 2013
deols: Programmers are the ones making money these days.

so, I want to be a programmer.

Hahahhaa, oleeeee
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Sep 28, 2013
Great article. Thanks for sharing!
I think it's better to get a real text (hard copy) than solely relying on e-books if one is intentional about learning any programming language.
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by dhtml(m): 7:54pm On Sep 28, 2013
I dont agree, i use etext only. But true, ebooks reading is not quite easy like that
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by zolajpower: 8:18pm On Sep 28, 2013
Hello Op do u knw much about SAP business 1? A integral part of IT, used by most coy wth large product base.
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by Standing5(m): 8:20pm On Sep 28, 2013
javalove:

Well, I finished from NIIT many many years ago and those materials should be somewhere around my house in Naija. Haven't set my eyes on them for over ten years. I guess you can make do with eBooks as there are lots of free learning materials lying around the internet

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!
Are you talking about e-books generally or NIIT ebooks? I was targetting the books to serve as a definitive guide in terms of timeline and syllabus. The challenge i have currently is that of "not knowing the how close i am" to any sellable level of mastery of the language. Java is a wide language and hard to find direction with no form of guid or mentorship.
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by chisa85: 8:25pm On Sep 28, 2013
Good write-up.Its my dream and i'm working towards it.
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by ToyinDipo(m): 8:27pm On Sep 28, 2013
Billyonaire: My fiancee is a programmer on C++, Java, PHP, Mssql, mysql, .NET and I see lots of programs like NetBeans, Virtual Machine and other programs on her laptop.

I am thinking of enrolling into Programming courses as a hobby not profession, although I actually learnt to code some html syntaxes and a little php, I also know how to do build websites and do webhosting on remote servers and even on my local host all by just reading and as hobby. Its fun. I build my business websites by myself and i believe anyone can be a programmer, to me programming is natural science.
I'm seriously looking for a lady like your fiancee, no kidding
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by Elvisten10(m): 8:35pm On Sep 28, 2013
runzlord: I got a scholarship to learn java at aptech. Java progaming cost 140k there, i paid nothing! Guess what? My parent spoilt everything! The story is to long to tell. Nw i learn java on my own buh i face 2 major chalange,
1. Nepa! I nid light to power my laptop! We have not have light here for 3 months nw. We on gen everynite which is not enough.
2. DATA. 4 example java setup is 90mb! Andriod sdk is 400mb. I dont have money to buy heavy data bundles. Luckily i downloaded java when mtn bis was still working 4 orther divices.
use airtel bis. 2gb for 1500 naira.
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by Standing5(m): 8:38pm On Sep 28, 2013
runzlord: I got a scholarship to learn java at aptech. Java progaming cost 140k there, i paid nothing! Guess what? My parent spoilt everything! The story is to long to tell. Nw i learn java on my own buh i face 2 major chalange,
I feel your pain, especially the aspect of people around you not seeing what you see and the power supply thing. As for the power supply part i will suggest you shop for a cheap laptop with 9-cell or 12-cell battery. Most battery of this capacity can go 10-15 or more hours a day with about 3.5-4.5 hours of charging - for about N70,000-80,000 when added to laptop cost.
As for the data thing, i advice you to patronise local software sale people, most of the software you are looking for are on CD or DVD already and cost N200 or N300 'or' go for MTN N2,500 night plan and download as much as 4 GigaByte of data over 30 days.

1 Like

Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by Elvisten10(m): 8:38pm On Sep 28, 2013
Nice @OP. I am a programmer, i need a pc, but currently don't have a job. I can also assist anyone interested in programming. Elvis.chidera@gmail.com . www.nairaland.com/1339891/14-year-old-nigerian-bulk-sms-app
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by Standing5(m): 8:40pm On Sep 28, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Best School To Learn Java In Lagos / Remote Work: Your Experiences As A Remote Worker / How I Would Go About Learning Programming If I Was To Start Today (2021/2022)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.