Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

So You Want To Be A Programmer...? - Programming (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / So You Want To Be A Programmer...? (20746 Views)

Teach Me How To Become A Programmer / Which Phone Will You Recommend For A Programmer? / Who Is A Programmer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by austentero: 9:40am On Sep 29, 2013
Inspirational post. Thanks for that.
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by deols(f): 9:45am On Sep 29, 2013
dammytosh:

Wrong reason to be a programmer. You might end up not being one if your motivation is the cash.

didn't mean that undecided
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by javalove(m): 11:14am On Sep 29, 2013
wwweb:
The fact that you must think like a computer is wrong! A computer must think like u... So, u gotta develop ur IQ.

I once made a quote that "the greatest impossibility in the world of IT, is the possibility of a computer doing what its not told to do. The computer can never have an idea" (Lukman J, 2012).

So I agree with you 100%. Don't forget though, that the computer relies on your idea to think and strengthen its decision making process (using different constructs - if:else; while etc). So in other words, you are responsible for the thoughts, actions and inactions and it is important would-be programmers understand this principle.

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!

1 Like

Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by Meklex(m): 11:50am On Sep 29, 2013
Wizard_of_Oz:

VT View Source is a free app
that allows you to view HTML, CSS,
JavaScript and XML source codes or
remotely located files.
You can open web page with VT View
Source by typing the URL address
directly in the application, or by using
“Share page” functionality within your
browser.
ok, thanks, I will try and download the aforementioned apps, but before then if there's anything more I should know.....,, my mind:I'm getting there!
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by drealboy(m): 12:55pm On Sep 29, 2013
Ogaredu: Great Piece! i'm taking up HTML and CSS tutorial. it is kinda challenging and sometimes i feel like quitting, but this has really motivated me.

those ain't even programming languages but guess what they r gud for a start if u wanna delve into web programming.
HTML and CSS r just for design n web interface. so u need to square up.
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by adelolaa(m): 1:11pm On Sep 29, 2013
adelolaa:

plz OP. how can I enter this NIIT next year and what is their requirements, school fees and their website

plz I need d answers urgently
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by Javanian: 1:17pm On Sep 29, 2013
adelolaa:

Why can't you save that money and take advantage of the numerous free online resources and learn on your own undecided
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by javalove(m): 1:44pm On Sep 29, 2013
Javanian:

Why can't you save that money and take advantage of the numerous free online resources and learn on your own undecided

Thing is, not everyone can kick start learning on their own. Some need to be taught and they can build on what they have learnt. Others can just pick up books and become geeks in a few weeks.

@adelolaa

You can visit any of their centers. I attended the VI center

Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by Standing5(m): 2:55pm On Sep 29, 2013
JavaLove, you appear to have missed my question on Page 2. Please where can i get NIIT ebooks online or were u reffering to e-books generally?
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by Standing5(m): 3:06pm On Sep 29, 2013
Javanian could you please give your opinion on a suitable timeframe or syllabus with timeline for completion, my challenge is not that of laying my hands on e-books or variety of textbooks but where to focus on and how to pace myself.
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by Tolutheo(m): 4:21pm On Sep 29, 2013
For starters codeacademy.com is a very resourseful site.
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by albacete(m): 5:19pm On Sep 29, 2013
javalove: So you want to be a programmer? ......
Finally, you need a writing pad. As the wind blows new ideas to your direction, write them down. What kind of idea it is, who will it affect or who are the target audience, what do you need to bring it to life, revenue generation strategies and so on, should be penned.

Source: www.javamylove.

Do you want to learn programming?

Is it necessary that one should enrol in NIIT or other recognized learning institutes before he can be eligible to write the professional exams?
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by AkoEja: 6:53pm On Sep 29, 2013
runzlord: I got a scholarship to learn java at aptech. Java progaming cost 140k there, i paid nothing! Guess what? My parent spoilt everything! The story is to long to tell. Nw i learn java on my own buh i face 2 major chalange,
1. Nepa! I nid light to power my laptop! We have not have light here for 3 months nw. We on gen everynite which is not enough.
2. DATA. 4 example java setup is 90mb! Andriod sdk is 400mb. I dont have money to buy heavy data bundles. Luckily i downloaded java when mtn bis was still working 4 orther divices.

Travel to Lagos computer village, and buy these on DVD or CD, or get copies from other programmers. I have copies I can give you if you live in Ibadan. Send a personal message if this will help you,
PS : I have read that u will rather download it! Are u for real?

1 Like

Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Sep 29, 2013
adelolaa:

you can try other Other institutions. NIIT is living on past glory.
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by Nobody: 12:13am On Sep 30, 2013
9free:
My brother, you know very little of what you're saying.
Thank you. But, you will have to explain micro-controller programming for me before I will agree with you. Buying a micro-controller chip and programming it to work the way you want is particularly different from your normal every day programming language because the 90% micro-controller chip makers usually programmed them at the factory. Well, I don't think you understand me anyway. I have work with them before and I don't think you can deceive me on that.
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by joekool(m): 9:01am On Sep 30, 2013
ma brother, you are so inspiring and gifted. keep the good work up
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by orgasticdance: 10:32am On Sep 30, 2013
great write up OP, bookmarked for my great great grand children, but i hope our generation would have reprogrammed more fundamental structural problems in this society first like you know basic electricity to keep the lights, sperm freezers and computers on and working, healthcare, potable water , affordable housing, roads, light railway; basically to do the do before delving into sexy fare like java c++ ruby and python. Nice one sha...
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by dsypha(m): 1:14pm On Sep 30, 2013
orgasticdance: great write up OP, bookmarked for my great great grand children, but i hope our generation would have reprogrammed more fundamental structural problems in this society first like you know basic electricity to keep the lights, sperm freezers and computers on and working, healthcare, potable water , affordable housing, roads, light railway; basically to do the do before delving into sexy fare like java c++ ruby and python. Nice one sha...

I'm I the onli one who don't understand wat he's saying

2 Likes

Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by IdeeEsperanza(m): 1:56pm On Sep 30, 2013
I've no knowledge of programming. Which one should i begin with? I have a low spec Microsoft xp laptop. Someone advised Visual Basic 6.0. Advise please.
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by dsypha(m): 10:14pm On Sep 30, 2013
idee.esperanza:
I've no knowledge of programming. Which one should i begin with? I have a low spec Microsoft xp laptop. Someone advised Visual Basic 6.0. Advise please.

Assembly! LMAO....
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by wwweb(m): 11:23pm On Sep 30, 2013
dsypha:

Assembly! LMAO....
Assembly language is not 4 beginners. It's better u start with HTML Which is not considered as a programming language. But should help u begin.
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by Nobody: 1:48am On Oct 01, 2013
AkoEja:

Travel to Lagos computer village, and buy these on DVD or CD, or get copies from other programmers. I have copies I can give you if you live in Ibadan. Send a personal message if this will help you,
PS : I have read that u will rather download it! Are u for real?
i bought one window 8 dvd recently, it was developers preview that was in it. It would have paid me more if i downloaded it
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by Nobody: 3:01am On Oct 01, 2013
runzlord: i bought one window 8 dvd recently, it was developers preview that was in it. It would have paid me more if i downloaded it
whats ur email? i will send you a java book, if u are willing to start with java of course.
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by ajaolu(m): 3:45am On Oct 01, 2013
@ OP, I am so passionate about programming, though i an studying surveying and geoinformatics but started offering programming from the 2nd year in school and i've loved it since then but we cant just go very deep in it, just BASIC and Visual BASIC because it's not our major. Pls how can you help me in developing my little knowledge about it, maybe ur contact? Or ...... In any way
my email - surveyoroluseun@gmail.com
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by dsypha(m): 8:00am On Oct 01, 2013
wwweb:

Assembly language is not 4 beginners. It's better u start with HTML Which is not considered as a programming language. But should help u begin.

its better he stats with python. Html is jus nt d way out bro! And about assembly I was joking, even experienced programers already found d language a nightmare, wat more a beginner...
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by dsypha(m): 8:05am On Oct 01, 2013
Donlittle: whats ur email? i will send you a java book, if u are willing to start with java of course.

lols, wat has windows 8 got to do with Java
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by Nobody: 8:16am On Oct 01, 2013
I started with java. Though i'm not finding it funny but i'm coping all the same. Being a mathematics student have been helpful.
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 01, 2013
Donlittle: whats ur email? i will send you a java book, if u are willing to start with java of course.
thanks. Already reading sam teach me java in 24hrs
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 01, 2013
dsypha:

lols, wat has windows 8 got to do with Java
windows 8? where did you see windows eight?
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 01, 2013
Guys please is LaTeX a programming language or markup language or neither ?
I use it alot to typeset ma documents but i don't know what it is exactly.
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by dsypha(m): 3:57pm On Oct 01, 2013
runzlord: thanks. Already reading sam teach me java in 24hrs

Let me tell u the truth, u can't learn java in 2months, atleast not if u are new to programming. if u learnin it for fun, its ok, but if not u really need a better book, I can recommend some if u ask.
Re: So You Want To Be A Programmer...? by Elvisten10(m): 9:10pm On Oct 01, 2013
dsypha:

Let me tell u the truth, u can't learn java in 2months, atleast not if u are new to programming. if u learnin it for fun, its ok, but if not u really need a better book, I can recommend some if u ask.
i flowed well with java in 2 weeks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Best School To Learn Java In Lagos / Remote Work: Your Experiences As A Remote Worker / How I Would Go About Learning Programming If I Was To Start Today (2021/2022)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.