Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

Is It Right For A Woman To Propose To A Man? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right For A Woman To Propose To A Man? (1137 Views)

10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage / Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? / If You Propose To Ur Lady And She Refuses, What Next? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by bishopjoe02(m): 12:13pm On Sep 25, 2013

You have been dating him for five years. Your family and his are aware of your relationship and they all approve of your affair. Everything looks like you are set for the altar. But he keeps stalling and age is not on your side. What will you do? Will you propose to him? Is it right for a woman to propose to a man?

http://bishopjoe..com/2013/09/can-you-propose-to-man.html
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 25, 2013
There is nothing wrong in a lady proposing to a man. Such lady knows what she wants in a man and shes going for it.
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by bishopjoe02(m): 2:39pm On Sep 25, 2013
ledafaze: There is nothing wrong in a lady proposing to a man. Such lady knows what she wants in a man and shes going for it.
then, y aint they doing it
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 25, 2013
bishopjoe02:
then, y aint they doing it

Useless ego that will waste their age expecting guys to talk to them. Some guys like me wey no dey look up nko? Na to face ground waka I know and for in side bus, to dey read... hahahaha... I wish there are more guys like me... believe me, they will start toasting guys
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by bishopjoe02(m): 3:27pm On Sep 25, 2013
ledafaze:

Useless ego that will waste their age expecting guys to talk to them. Some guys like me wey no dey look up nko? Na to face ground waka I know and for in side bus, to dey read... hahahaha... I wish there are more guys like me... believe me, they will start toasting guys
hahahahahahahahaha. U r rite buddy
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Gloriagee(f): 5:40pm On Sep 25, 2013
Yes, if yu wanna be tagged a desperado. duh, yu're not evn sposed to say yes at first trial grin
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Nuzo1(m): 5:56pm On Sep 25, 2013
Contrary to the popular traditional belief that its the role of men to propose, women actually propose or initiate most marriages...albeit indirectly and jokingly.

I wonder what we think statements like these are: "what does your mom think of me? I wish I can have your babies. I will love you till the end. Do you think I will mke a good wife and mother? When are you getting married? My family wants to meet you" etc

Men only make it formal by kneeling down in the public with a fake diamond ring while the girl pretends to be surprised. Yimu undecided
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by gideonjeta(m): 6:34pm On Sep 25, 2013
I am in support of a lady proposing to a man.If the guy is hesitating,the lady shud take the initiative.Infact if my girl proposes to me,I wud accept.It means her love for the guy is deep.
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by bishopjoe02(m): 6:36pm On Sep 25, 2013
Gloriagee: Yes, if yu wanna be tagged a desperado. duh, yu're not evn sposed to say yes at first trial grin
hard to get cn b dangerous sometinx gal, some men dont have time 4 ladies initial gragral.
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by lirusehn(m): 9:27pm On Sep 25, 2013
Nafin z wrong bourit. So so common. I fink ur level of maturity matters. And if yuv neva xperienced dis, i guess u nid counselling.
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 9:07am On Sep 26, 2013
lirusehn: Nafin z wrong bourit. So so common. I fink ur level of maturity matters. And if yuv neva xperienced dis, i guess u nid counselling.

I have experienced this twice... not in Nollywood or to someone else... I mean as a personal experience... but not to propose for marriage oh... as in bf gf things

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 26, 2013
Only if you're ready for the relationship to end there and then. He might say he is not ready, you'll feel embarrassed and won't want to continue
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 11:47am On Sep 26, 2013
Hello! We all hav our individual plans in life! No lady will force me into marriage wen am nt ready! If she propose wen am ready to settle down, hell yea! But if na wen my blood still dey hot like dis, she gats wait oh! I cnt fit rush abeg! I'm sure if I propose to her wen she's nt ready, she'll ask me to hold on too.
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by lirusehn(m): 11:51am On Sep 26, 2013
ledafaze:

I have experienced this twice... not in Nollywood or to someone else... I mean as a personal experience... but not to propose for marriage oh... as in bf gf things
so common. More dan two still loading...

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by divinelove(m): 11:55am On Sep 26, 2013
It is wrong for a woman to propose to a man unless u want to pay d groom price. Do everytin but let him do d proposin even if he has to recite it. If u propose to him nw one day he ll remind u hw d marriage started.
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by lirusehn(m): 12:02pm On Sep 26, 2013
divinelove: It is wrong for a woman to propose to a man unless u want to pay d groom price. Do everytin but let him do d proposin even if he has to recite it.
[s] If u propose to him nw one day he ll remind u hw d marriage started.[/s]
i'l adviz any guy as such not to get married yet as he still ave much of a kid.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by divinelove(m): 1:21pm On Sep 26, 2013
lirusehn: i'l adviz any guy as such not to get married yet as he still ave much of a kid.
my stand is nt jst an opinion but dt backed by biblical injunctions.
I dnt kw ur standard for living but i think in matters lik this i always refer to d bible dt instituted marriage.
As for d insultive words used witout justifyin ur claims, i ll forgive u bc after all dts all u got.
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by lirusehn(m): 8:26pm On Sep 26, 2013
divinelove: I dnt kw ur standard for living but i think in matters lik this i always refer to d bible dt instituted marriage.
do u even read d bible at all?
divinelove:
As for d insultive words
used witout justifyin ur claims, i ll forgive u bc after all dts all u got.
i see. Guess u niru work on ur ****. Read 2 undastand nxt tym.
divinelove:
my stand is nt jst an opinion but dt backed by biblical injunctions.
SMH

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Women Attracted To Things Like Power,fame,money / From A Father To His Son / Married Woman Having Feeling For Married Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.