Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,075 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:29 AM

What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? (21046 Views)

Why Do Some Startup Become Successful And Well-known And Others Don't? / 100+ Habits Of Successful Entreprenuers That Others Don't Have *must Read* / Nigerian Millionaires On The Rise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by Chukabiz(m): 9:45pm On Sep 26, 2013
Millionaires see billions coming, others see daily brade
Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by gramci: 9:46pm On Sep 26, 2013
Plenty text book analysis on this thread undecided
Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by Soneh(m): 9:48pm On Sep 26, 2013
Who is ''they'' i guess everyone here is talking about me...thank God say maga pay
Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by Rossikk(m): 9:48pm On Sep 26, 2013
Look, we generally lack orientation towards CREATING things. When you go to the business section and click on one of those threads where people suggest different biz ideas, how many times do you come across a suggestion to manufacture something? It's always internet biz, forex, telecoms, importation, etc etc. These areas are where almost everyone is gravitating to, meaning huge competition. But do you know there are a thousand and one things you can manufacture AT HOME and sell? Many items don't even require big machinery or skills. They range from clothes to shoes, tables, chairs, clocks, furniture, curtains, sandals, bed sheets, table lamps, ladies' handbags, ornaments like sculpture... the list goes on and on.. You MAKE things that have value, differentiate them from what's out there with your unique touch, and SELL. Don't always think of BUYING or IMPORTING and then selling. It is ALWAYS far cheaper to MAKE it yourself and sell on for bigger profits, and because you are unique, you will lose the competition. This is what all millionaires and billionaires know. Dangote CREATES things - He manufactures cement, refines and packages sugar and other items. Once you imbibe the MANUFACTURING mentality. The VALUE CREATION mentality, you're on your way to millionaire status.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by McLincolnGuzit(m): 9:50pm On Sep 26, 2013
RICH DAD,POOR DAD BY RICHARD KIYOSAKI EXPLAINS ALL!
Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by ogaju007(m): 9:50pm On Sep 26, 2013
naijacutee: Millionaires see opportunities where everyone else sees problems.

SPOT ON!!!
Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by Ziggyzito(m): 9:53pm On Sep 26, 2013
Millionaires see you watching them,while they spend money and live in lavish. grin
Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Sep 26, 2013
Manufacturing... On of Dangote's advice. But I think you have to buy and sell FIRST before you manufacture so as to gain experience in the terrain and also understand the dynamics of the whole system.

Great point,buddy!
Rossikk: Look, we generally lack orientation towards CREATING things. When you go to the business section and click on one of those threads where people suggest different biz ideas, how many times do you come across a suggestion to manufacture something? It's always internet biz, forex, telecoms, etc etc. These areas are where almost everyone is gravitating to, meaning huge competition. But do you know there are a thousand and one things you can manufacture AT HOME and sell? Many items don't even require big machinery or skills. they range from clothes to shoes, tables, chairs, clocks, furniture, curtains, sandals, ornaments like sculpture... the list goes on and on.. You MAKE things that have value and SELL. Don't always think of BUYING or IMPORTING and then selling. It is ALWAYS far cheaper to MAKE it yourself and sell on for bigger profits. This is what all millionaires know.
Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by Youngzedd(m): 9:56pm On Sep 26, 2013
webpower84: 1billion dollars question! Well some rich men saw an opportunity in a problem but poor man, reverse may be the case

+99
Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by Afrocatalyst: 9:58pm On Sep 26, 2013
Rossikk: Look, we generally lack orientation towards CREATING things. When you go to the business section and click on one of those threads where people suggest different biz ideas, how many times do you come across a suggestion to manufacture something? It's always internet biz, forex, telecoms, etc etc. These areas are where almost everyone is gravitating to, meaning huge competition. But do you know there are a thousand and one things you can manufacture AT HOME and sell? Many items don't even require big machinery or skills. they range from clothes to shoes, tables, chairs, clocks, furniture, curtains, sandals, ornaments like sculpture... the list goes on and on.. You MAKE things that have value, differentiate them from what's out there with your unique touch, and SELL. Don't always think of BUYING or IMPORTING and then selling. It is ALWAYS far cheaper to MAKE it yourself and sell on for bigger profits, and because you are unique, you will lose the competition. This is what all millionaires and billionaires know. Dangote CREATES things - He manufactures cement, refines and packages sugar and other items. Once you imbibe the MANUFACTURING mentality. The CREATION mentality, you're on your way to millionaire status.
you made a strong point bro. Nice one jare. Forget all these yarns above,creativity is key.

2 Likes

Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by point5: 9:59pm On Sep 26, 2013
Dey utiliz dia opportunitz wela..n God blessd dia effortz,,notin xtra ordinary,,

Simply...destiny

1 Like

Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Sep 26, 2013
All na vanity
Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by ATMC(f): 10:06pm On Sep 26, 2013
apart manufacturing, information on govt policy gives yhu an edge also. info generally makes the difference

1 Like

Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Sep 26, 2013
Millionaires have that Spirit/Zeal / Mind to be Great.To do what they Love.They Always Know the right time to do things,While the poor actually Dont.

1 Like

Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 26, 2013
stan4b: A poor man sees obstacles,but,d rich man sees opportunity.

^^
Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by 9free(m): 10:18pm On Sep 26, 2013
Simple:
Millionnaires see;
1. Entreprenuership
2. Big Businesses
3. Stock Exchanges
4. Commodity and Real Estate Flippings
5. Leadership Positions
Others see;
1. Food
2. Education
3. Salary

5 Likes

Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by beejaay: 10:19pm On Sep 26, 2013
the real millionaires love failure and makes it our best friend smiley
the real millionaires do things because they wanna be the first to test the pill of failure and end up being successful
the real millionaires dont care about success, they care about the journey
the real millionaires are happy to be tagged a failure cos we know that with every failure comes wisdom and knowledge smiley
the real millionaires walk away once we have achieved our goal smiley
the real millionaires are not like everyday millionaires and thats why we retire early and enjoy the best of live smiley

success come when u dont give a rat about it and just do ur thing
why??
because it hates competition

3 Likes

Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Sep 26, 2013
They see millions and others see kobos.

That' all
Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by Okeikpu(m): 10:23pm On Sep 26, 2013
2s£xy:
This is an effective question with yearnings for attention. But unfortunately only a very few people take their time to ponder over such a question.

So, what do millionaires see that others don't?

cool
MONEY DUDE grin i mean...heavymoney...
Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Sep 26, 2013
lol, Millionaires don't see nothing more than a poor man, in fact a poor man sees further than a millionaire, but a Millionaire puts his Finance into ideas created by the poor and makes his money work for him, while the poor sees a Millionaires business and work under him, Money works for Millionaires while the poor works for money.

1 Like

Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Sep 26, 2013
chaiiii na wa for una ooo......
una don forget d koko of d gist? ok, oya mak i tell una
millionaires i mean d rich, dem dey see different kinds of tinz specially @ nyt around 1/2am wen dem wan fly go deir midnyt meetin. Dem dey see tinz like-
Red vultures
flyin cats
even flyin human beings wey resemble OBJ(wit enof respect ooo......)

dat my own point of view so i wil nt entertain any form of abusive words on my coment ooo......
Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by Jeezyy(m): 10:32pm On Sep 26, 2013
pappilo:

Story. The top ten richest men in the world dont even go to church.
going to church is different from acknowledging God

2 Likes

Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by dallyemmy: 10:33pm On Sep 26, 2013
What do you see -vision? Do you have the passion? Do you have the right information? Can you pay the price when the going gets tough? There is a sowing time (eg like corn) right seed,right timing, right soil, right weeding and the right weather condition . Perseverance- the going through!

Can you pay the price? Nothing good come easy!

4 Likes

Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by Yaksssss(m): 10:36pm On Sep 26, 2013
Nice one
Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Sep 26, 2013
Yeah... Right!
Billyonaire: They see millions and others see kobos.

That' all
Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by maxwelljohn525: 10:43pm On Sep 26, 2013
Basically,they possess a foresight and holistic nature
18+ only read@ www.writerstab.
Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by tolu4you: 10:46pm On Sep 26, 2013
you people see all these bt no money
Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by Yaksssss(m): 10:48pm On Sep 26, 2013
dallyemmy: What do you see -vision? Do you have the passion? Do you have the right information? Can you pay the price when the going gets tough? There is a sowing time (eg like corn) right seed,right timing, right soil, right weeding and the right weather condition . Perseverance- the going through!

Can you pay the price? Nothing good come easy!
na You try pass Jor
Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by Yaksssss(m): 10:52pm On Sep 26, 2013
2s£xy:
Yeah... Right!
grin
2s£xy:
Yeah... Right!
Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by router123(m): 10:54pm On Sep 26, 2013
2s£xy:
Exactly!

Another perspective is that millionaires take calculated risk.

Millionaires get into the arena early, dominate it and exit when it get crowded and then look for a less competitive but profitable market.

I am pretty sure the man with 'pure water' innovation exited when it got crowded.

My late mother ones thought about the possibility of making beans cake(akara) without the rigorous routine of socking the beans in water but as dry powder.

She experimented it at home, milled the beans into powder, mixed with water and prepared the beans cake, which came out perfectly well.

Though this isn't very much popular at the moment, but she saw someone doing same thing after some months and if someone could perfect it well coupled with good marketing system, I see no reason why it wont sell.

Another example of the early bird strategy is the stock market. I read that Warren Buffet was shinning his shoe and the shoe shinner showed him 'hot' stocks to invest in. After he left, he knew the market was already over saturated(considering the fact that it's a highly speculative venture) which may eventually result in a crash. He sold all his stocks and exited the market and it crashed few weeks later.

This was a couple of decades ago before the last recession.

I smiled when I saw an 'okada' rider wanting to buy stocks through a stock broker. It only reminded me of the Warren's story. As usual, history repeated it self and we experienced another recession.

Warren Buffet also buy stocks of companies where people spend money heavily, such as health, drinks(eg coke) , companies that have stood the test of time over a 50-100 years.

When the stock market crashed last time was the best avenue to buy stocks at dead cheap prices... But people were selling out of panic.

What did Warren do? He was buying because people were selling. Now that America(and most part of the world) is out of recession, I bet the stocks are already in a bull trend. It's only a couple years before it get saturated again and just before then, Warren must have sold his stocks to buyers... He and some smart investors might just be the few(20 %) sellers selling to a large crowed of buyers (80%).

Millionaires Do The Opposit Of What The Crowd Do. cheesy 80/20 Rule

Hey guy! U sound like someone I want to knw personally. If u don't mind send me a mail via tundeolubunmi@ gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity Hits Amuwo Odofin; NNPC Filling Station(photos) / Hotel Or Private School: Which Business Is More Profitable? / Naira Needs Devaluation - Segun Agbaje, GTBank CEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.