Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,655 members, 7,813,211 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:44 AM

What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? (21047 Views)

Why Do Some Startup Become Successful And Well-known And Others Don't? / 100+ Habits Of Successful Entreprenuers That Others Don't Have *must Read* / Nigerian Millionaires On The Rise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by Stunner1(f): 10:54pm On Sep 26, 2013
We r almost dere.... We will def get dere cheesy
Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by maclatunji: 10:57pm On Sep 26, 2013
2s£xy:
This is an effective question with yearnings for attention. But unfortunately only a very few people take their time to ponder over such a question.

So, what do millionaires see that others don't?

cool

God's favour in the form of money.
Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by ezeama1010(m): 11:03pm On Sep 26, 2013
duality: How many of you responding are presently millionaires.
dont mind dem joor! Wit all dese knwledge dey are still mere commoners...
Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by barthchuks(m): 11:04pm On Sep 26, 2013
they see black as a hideout for treasure while the poor sing praises for shinny colours.......hehe feeling sleeeeepy but hey! Am on my senses[b][/b]

1 Like

Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by DAVEZONIGLTD: 11:06pm On Sep 26, 2013
Even rich sees failure as critical raw material for success.
Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by tellwisdom: 11:07pm On Sep 26, 2013
What we see?? ..Hahaha(big man Laff)
Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by james809: 11:29pm On Sep 26, 2013
Nothing
Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by Erukuomoibadan: 11:34pm On Sep 26, 2013
naijacutee: Millionaires see opportunities where everyone else sees problems.

- For example, in the 90's everyone saw a problem in getting clean drinking water while about town. The filtered bottled water of the time (Ragolis) was expensive at N100+, and the "ice water" people sold for 1 Naira had no credibility. Someone saw a gap in between, and thought about treating water to make it drinkable, and selling it at an affordable rate of 5 Naira. A millionaire was born.

In the same way, where many see an ASUU strike, some will see opportunities for alternative teaching methods that can lead to successful careers. Where many see a phone battery problem, a few will see an opportunity for portable battery charging devices, and stations. Where many see a traffic problem, a few will see an opportunity for a home working solution that can be employed across businesses. Where many see a problem in the effort required to pound yam, a few would see an opportunity for an automated yam pounder.
youre blessed
Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by GooseBaba: 11:39pm On Sep 26, 2013
There are those that SEE,and there are those that LOOK...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by emmanuelson20: 11:50pm On Sep 26, 2013
"Millionaires believes money is earned through thoughts while others believes it is earned through labour".

5 Likes

Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by hunter21(m): 12:04am On Sep 27, 2013
Billyonaire: They see millions and others see kobos.

That' all
hmmm, i guess you see billions.
Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by MrChris1(m): 12:09am On Sep 27, 2013
"Others have a lottery mentality about money, Millionaires have an action mentality"

3 Likes

Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by naijasofamerica(f): 12:12am On Sep 27, 2013
Millionaires focus on earning, while the others focuses on saving

3 Likes

Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by ozoemeka(m): 12:13am On Sep 27, 2013
Money, DUH

2s£xy:
This is an effective question with yearnings for attention. But unfortunately only a very few people take their time to ponder over such a question.

cool
Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by emmanuelson20: 12:13am On Sep 27, 2013
hunter2,1:

hmmm, i guess you see billions.
Lol.....
Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by Nobody: 12:32am On Sep 27, 2013
nickz: VERY SIMPLE,THEY KNOW THE SECRET
Pls do u have a link to where I can download that book.

1 Like

Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by dapo338(m): 12:55am On Sep 27, 2013
Agreed with most comments but here in Naija.... its simply connection and capital.
Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by Rossikk(m): 12:59am On Sep 27, 2013
2s£xy:
Manufacturing... On of Dangote's advice. But I think you have to buy and sell FIRST before you manufacture so as to gain experience in the terrain and also understand the dynamics of the whole system.

Great point,buddy!

Thanks. I don't think it's necessary at all to engage in buying and selling prior to embarking on a manufacturing career. You just need to do some market research and analysis on your intended product and develop a business model that works to your strengths. There are companies that can perform these services for you.

1 Like

Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by Nobody: 1:07am On Sep 27, 2013
How many real, self-made millionaires have posted here? I am curious about that.

Meanwhile, I can't help but remember what the old fox of Benin, Esama Gabriel Igbinedion once said in a classic interview . . ."only a fool would reveal the "real" source of his wealth". Forget the clichéd exhortations.

The clichéd wealth "principles" I am seeing here are only the tip of the massive iceberg.
Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by adconline(m): 2:35am On Sep 27, 2013
2s£xy:
Copycat syndrome is ingrained in our DNA- hardly are there any innovation. E.G nairaland.+net . Check it out!

Sorry to say, but I feel most Nigerians aren't good at business. Many are so myopic that they tend to cut corners and jump the gun. Hence, they are rabid 'get-rich-quick' hunters, chasers of the next shinny object.

Now, show us the way..
Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by biafranqueen: 2:50am On Sep 27, 2013
2s£xy:
Exactly!

Another perspective is that millionaires take calculated risk.

Millionaires get into the arena early, dominate it and exit when it get crowded and then look for a less competitive but profitable market.

I am pretty sure the man with 'pure water' innovation exited when it got crowded.

My late mother ones thought about the possibility of making beans cake(akara) without the rigorous routine of socking the beans in water but as dry powder.

She experimented it at home, milled the beans into powder, mixed with water and prepared the beans cake, which came out perfectly well.

Though this isn't very much popular at the moment, but she saw someone doing same thing after some months and if someone could perfect it well coupled with good marketing system, I see no reason why it wont sell.

Another example of the early bird strategy is the stock market. I read that Warren Buffet was shinning his shoe and the shoe shinner showed him 'hot' stocks to invest in. After he left, he knew the market was already over saturated(considering the fact that it's a highly speculative venture) which may eventually result in a crash. He sold all his stocks and exited the market and it crashed few weeks later.

This was a couple of decades ago before the last recession.

I smiled when I saw an 'okada' rider wanting to buy stocks through a stock broker. It only reminded me of the Warren's story. As usual, history repeated it self and we experienced another recession.

Warren Buffet also buy stocks of companies where people spend money heavily, such as health, drinks(eg coke) , companies that have stood the test of time over a 50-100 years.

When the stock market crashed last time was the best avenue to buy stocks at dead cheap prices... But people were selling out of panic.

What did Warren do? He was buying because people were selling. Now that America(and most part of the world) is out of recession, I bet the stocks are already in a bull trend. It's only a couple years before it get saturated again and just before then, Warren must have sold his stocks to buyers... He and some smart investors might just be the few(20 %) sellers selling to a large crowed of buyers (80%).

Millionaires Do The Opposit Of What The Crowd Do. cheesy 80/20 Rule
The powder s very popular in the west to make moi moi
Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by easik: 3:00am On Sep 27, 2013
naijacutee: This is so true! The problem is that in Nigeria, we are so risk averse. We would rather use the spare N5,000 to "treat ourselves" to fast food, so that we know we at least "ate the money" rather than know that we used it to test out something that no one had ever tested before. But as soon as someone takes the plunge and proves the venture successful, you see copycats everywhere. I don't know how many Nairaland clones have existed since inception.

I disagree with your statement. I actually think most Nigerians are Entrepreneurial, go to Lagos and you'll see what I mean, everyone is on the hustle. But the problem I see is that Everyone sells the same thing, which makes absolutely no sense, you can go down a whole shopping street where everyone one is selling the same exact good. Also Nigerians NEVER give back to Nigerians. Call it lack of education, call it greed, who knows. As they say every man for himself hehe.

1 Like

Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by badmeat(m): 5:22am On Sep 27, 2013
Solve a million problems!millions will pay u for ur goods or services!which makes u millionaire!take risk!and think!smiley

1 Like

Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by PAO429: 5:31am On Sep 27, 2013
They ve vision,vision enables them to visualize a little oppurtunity and know if its going to be a good one or a bad one and also they will never play with such oppurtunity...IF U THINK SAY I THEY LIE ASK DANGOTE
Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by ChiSun27(m): 5:31am On Sep 27, 2013
dheaven: No matter how you plan if there is no Divine back up nothing for you.

A failure's mindset.

1 Like

Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by ChiSun27(m): 5:32am On Sep 27, 2013
Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by *solid*(m): 9:35pm On Sep 26
They see themselves engaging 24000 people while u see ur self working for 24hrs
(Quote) (Report) 1 Like (Like)
Simply the ladies man!
Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by alienware(m): 9:36pm On Sep 26
They see green light were others see red .
(Quote) (Report) 1 Like (Unlike)
Am attem

Thoughtful post.
Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by ChiSun27(m): 5:34am On Sep 27, 2013
They see through the fence of no opportunities.
Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by Water9430(m): 6:04am On Sep 27, 2013
I think the question shld be, how do they become a millionaire @ first? Everybody have idea, it all depends on OPPORTUNITY
Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by anonimi: 6:09am On Sep 27, 2013
2s£xy:

cool

I doubt millionaires go about saying they are too se'xy hence overly focused and spending a lot of time on se'xual activities rather than thinking how to turn problems & challenges to opportunities to CREATE VALUE that people are willing to pay for

.....except you are planning on being a por'nographic film actor.
Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by Nobody: 6:29am On Sep 27, 2013
2s£xy:

cool

Take Risks.

Seize your chances.

Be Realistic.

Always believe.

Read a huge meaning into a small idea.

When you fail, never stop trying.

In a nutshell, they see/do what others dont see/do - I guess you already know what others see and do.

2 Likes

Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by nickz(m): 7:00am On Sep 27, 2013
Promhize:
Pls do u have a link to where I can download that book.
NO,but you can still get the DVD;ƃuıʞɔnɟ intresting
Re: What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't? by godunia(m): 7:09am On Sep 27, 2013
If u re reading or posting on nairaland of course u re not a millionaire .no millionaire is here cos they re busy making money.they hardly have time responding to emails or phone calls.anybody reading this post is yet to be a millionaire and it would b a good idea to put all ideas shared in this thread together so that soon all of us reading this thread would become one.let me add mine:millionaires make good use of their time,if u re always here struggling to b d first to post,check yourself,your mate are there struggling to make their first millions.(wink)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity Hits Amuwo Odofin; NNPC Filling Station(photos) / Hotel Or Private School: Which Business Is More Profitable? / Naira Needs Devaluation - Segun Agbaje, GTBank CEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.