Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,426 members, 7,836,712 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Courageus Teller Writes Access Bank Mgt Over Inhuman Treatment Of Contract Staff - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Courageus Teller Writes Access Bank Mgt Over Inhuman Treatment Of Contract Staff (4469 Views)

Buhari Furious, Summons NDDC Mgt Over Contract-splitting / Buhari Furious, Summons NDDC Mgt Over Contract-splitting / Farmers Besiege Osun Assembly Over Alleged Inhuman Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Courageus Teller Writes Access Bank Mgt Over Inhuman Treatment Of Contract Staff by rman: 9:09am On Sep 26, 2013
Outsourcing in Nigeria is poorly implemented.
Companies see it as an opportunity to get cheap labour at little or no risk.
The write up is similar to what obtains in other industries. I have seen cases of " double- outsourcing ". A company outsourced, the outsourcing company still outsourced to another. Unfortunately, this the direction all businesses are going.
Due to the terrible unemployment situation, Companies in Nigeria get away with all sort of terrible things. You will not be far from the truth if we find out that somebody, somewhere, takes close to 30% out of the money access bank pays for these staffs. Also, the people in HR sometimes take kick backs from this outsourcing firms, so they mgt may not have a true picture of things.

Let us all speak up. I salute the courage of Teller.
Re: Courageus Teller Writes Access Bank Mgt Over Inhuman Treatment Of Contract Staff by Boss13: 9:21am On Sep 26, 2013
We need to ask what the Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC) is doing. Those selfish bastards*. A Lot of Nigerian workers are doing overtime without any compensation. The labour law in this country is very weak and should be looked at. The Chinese too are also exploiting this.
Re: Courageus Teller Writes Access Bank Mgt Over Inhuman Treatment Of Contract Staff by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 26, 2013
I know they would have sacked this guy. Eventhough He doesn't deserve it. Access bank should come out and give a reason why they didn't go to the funeral of people who worked for them even as "contract" staff.
It's really unfortunate that these people are so callous and brutal to fellow human beings. If I had an account with them I'd close it.
Re: Courageus Teller Writes Access Bank Mgt Over Inhuman Treatment Of Contract Staff by Itoroetti(m): 9:49am On Sep 26, 2013
Thumbs up brother.God bless u for this piece.it happens in most sectors,but people won't speak up.
Re: Courageus Teller Writes Access Bank Mgt Over Inhuman Treatment Of Contract Staff by lateef4me(m): 9:54am On Sep 26, 2013
With little understanding of Nigerian Labour laws,Access Bank cannot be held liable for whatever happens to these staff because the first basis is that there is no contractual relationship between them and Access Bank Plc ...

Whatever grievances they have ,should be channeled to their employer,not Access Bank .Notwithstanding ,we cannot and should not downplay empathy and emotions as these people are human beings with feelings ,emotions and reasonings .....
Re: Courageus Teller Writes Access Bank Mgt Over Inhuman Treatment Of Contract Staff by true2god: 9:57am On Sep 26, 2013
trix!:
All those who are quoting me and calling me names, Let me correct an impression.

First off, I am a "contract Staff" in another organisation, so to a large extent I have seen the issues raised by the OP first hand.

You must learn to pick you battles properly. You have NO standing with access bank, You cannot even sue them, since they did not employ you. Access bank hired your employer to render a service to them, you just happen to be performing this service in their facility. You should take up this case with you employer. Most Nigerian worker have NEVER read the workmen's compensation act and mostly deal on sentiments and emotions.

U r not a contract staff my guy. Stop fooling ursef, perhaps u r here to clean up the bank's bad image.
Re: Courageus Teller Writes Access Bank Mgt Over Inhuman Treatment Of Contract Staff by Fruitful2: 10:47am On Sep 26, 2013
It's disgusting seeing people defending Access bank.Why would a contract staff work under such horrible conditions.When will Nigerian s rise up and say no to this Injustice.When will our leaders take responsibility for their actions.
First and foremost what is Access bank Intentions towards their Staff.We should be questioning their Motives.
If Access bank entered into a contract with a firm to get the Workers.Access bank should also use the same zeal with which they are using to be the best bank and make sure all their staff is well taken careoff.They choose to outsource because of their wicked motives.I think it's high time we Nigerian s also punished this injustice.Let's all begin to close our accounts with ACCESS BANK.Tell every one you know or related with to close their accounts with ACCESS BANK.Discourage everyone related to you from opening accounts with Access Bank.It's high time we let these so called ogas in the banks know we pay their salaries.It's our monies they are using to live a lavish live style.We have talking and our leaders are not listening.It's time for us nigerians to act and stop complaining.FROM OCTOBER 01/10/2013 let's start withdrawing our funds and closing our accounts in ACCESS BANK.

IF THEY CHOOSE TO SACK THE STAFF OR VICTIMISED HIM OR HER WE WILL CONTINUE.
WE WILL ONLY STOP ONLY WHEN THE WORKING CONDITIONS OF THEIR STAFF HAS IMPROVED.

PLEASE NOTE YOU DON'T NEED TO BE VIOLET.LET'S ALSO MONITOR THE PROGRESS AND REPORT BACK TO THE HOUSE.

PEOPLE LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPENED.
Re: Courageus Teller Writes Access Bank Mgt Over Inhuman Treatment Of Contract Staff by Nobody: 10:52am On Sep 26, 2013
Tis not the fault of those employers but it is because the economy is so bad to the extent of youths jumping on anything Job without reading between the lines of the contractual aggreement ,Infact Many Nigerian youths Just sign,signed and signed without reading the content of what they are signing !!! ...... I no blame them ooo , E no easy !!!

Under Law, the Op can-not hold anything against Access-Bank but sincerely, The Management of Access Bank really need to retain some certain % from the outsourcing firm so as to use in maintaining and motivating the contract/non-full staff,

The theory of Motivation and Hierachy of Need is well spelt by Abraham Maslow and I believed the strategist @ Access Bank including the HRM attends Management school @ some point in their Lifes or Rise through the cadre !!

Access Bank bear the direct consequence of maltreated contract staffs and not the Outsourced Firm !!!
Re: Courageus Teller Writes Access Bank Mgt Over Inhuman Treatment Of Contract Staff by lateef4me(m): 11:03am On Sep 26, 2013
"Access Bank bear the direct consequence of maltreated contract staffs and not the Outsourced Firm !!! "

This is the koko that Access Bank Mgt should bear in mind . An unsatisfied staff ,whether ,professional or contract cannot drive your corporate objectives !
Re: Courageus Teller Writes Access Bank Mgt Over Inhuman Treatment Of Contract Staff by Nobody: 11:03am On Sep 26, 2013
[size=20pt]@ oP, If na your real name you use so, I hope you don write your resignation letter keep? shocked

Because before dem nack you sack letter, make you ma wire dem resignation letter grin[/size]

1 Like

Re: Courageus Teller Writes Access Bank Mgt Over Inhuman Treatment Of Contract Staff by nikkytruth(f): 11:15am On Sep 26, 2013
God knows I hate that bank . Heartless set of people! And they have forgotten so soon that the progress of your company depends on your workers . I foresee the folding of Access Bank. And it will happen so that those Ogas and Madams will pass through the same pain . A word of Advice for Access Bank Customers , you better start banking with a bank that have human sympathy in case of the unforeseen. The OP is not lying . The maltreated someone I no.
Re: Courageus Teller Writes Access Bank Mgt Over Inhuman Treatment Of Contract Staff by omicron(m): 11:17am On Sep 26, 2013
lateef4me: With little understanding of Nigerian Labour laws,Access Bank cannot be held liable for whatever happens to these staff because the first basis is that there is no contractual relationship between them and Access Bank Plc ...

Whatever grievances they have ,should be channeled to their employer,not Access Bank .Notwithstanding ,we cannot and should not downplay empathy and emotions as these people are human beings with feelings ,emotions and reasonings .....
So are you trying to insinuate that it is contained in the outsourced staff to work at Access Bank till 2am and on weekends?

Because while I get your point that no contract (in legal terms) exists between them and Acess, we should understand that the end consumers of labour (in this case Acess Bank) should show a certain level of Moral obligations to their staff, lest the said staff become slaves.

(this case reminds me of what NYSC is turning out to be, whereby some corpers are treated as slaves despite working harder and holding better qualifications (in some cases) than the primary staff of their PPA, all because they were kind of "outsourced" from NYSC)

I think the OP's grievances have been properly channelled.
Re: Courageus Teller Writes Access Bank Mgt Over Inhuman Treatment Of Contract Staff by gleaf: 11:30am On Sep 26, 2013
The truth is that no Access bank staff is happy now, cos of the inhuman treatment from their MD Aig alot of their staff are been frustrated out on daily basis and yet the beast Md cares less about the situation.
It's not only contract staff issue rather a general issue with the staff, but they will soon see the repercussion of all these....I mean very soon
Re: Courageus Teller Writes Access Bank Mgt Over Inhuman Treatment Of Contract Staff by andyanders: 11:31am On Sep 26, 2013
Access Bank is some kind of Slave Master's Camp. I salute the OP for his courage. Nothing do you. Some management of these so called bank, will either use you as a prosti=tute or slave to achieve their aim and to maximize their profit to the detriment of the staff members. Too bad. God will be there for you. With this attitude, disgruntled staff might end up engaging in fraudulent practices and the bank will start shouting and covering their shame.
Op, just look up to God as He is the source of your strength and He will see you through and get you another good paying job. Never get involved in any crime of which I know you cannot. Allow them be. The will one day get the one that will destroy the bank.
Re: Courageus Teller Writes Access Bank Mgt Over Inhuman Treatment Of Contract Staff by gleaf: 11:38am On Sep 26, 2013
[b][/b]
andyanders: Access Bank is some kid of Slave Master Camp. I salute the OP for his courage. Nothing do you. Some management of these so called bank, will either use you as a prosti=tute or slave to achieve their aim and to maximize their profit to the detriment of the staff members. Too bad. God will be there for you. With this attitude, disgruntled staff might end up engaging in fraudulent practices and the bank will start shoulting and covering their shame.
Op, just look up to God as He is the source of your strength and He will see you through and get you another good paying job. Never get involved in any crime of which I know you cannot. Allow them be. The will one day get the one that will destroy the bank.
My bro alot of things is going on now by some frustrated staff,trying to pay back the bank in their own coin it's really bad there and some are preparing serious legal war with the bank . AIG himself is busy pushing more to the wall
Re: Courageus Teller Writes Access Bank Mgt Over Inhuman Treatment Of Contract Staff by Policewoman(f): 11:45am On Sep 26, 2013
It's a pity sha. Access should try nd hav a more human face. But the teller should know that they are outsourced and so cannot get some previleges accuring to the core staff. It is well.
Re: Courageus Teller Writes Access Bank Mgt Over Inhuman Treatment Of Contract Staff by andyanders: 11:51am On Sep 26, 2013
gleaf: [b][/b]
My bro alot of fraud is going on now by some frustrated staff,trying to pay back the bank in their own coin it's really bad there and some are preparing serious legal war with the bank . AIG himself is busy pushing more to the wall

I even bank with the bank and I am frustrated and a friend of mine lost his money to the bank through ATM withdrawal which the machine did not dispense. He went into the bank and one of the security guys told him that the money will be credit back as it happened on a Friday. To cut the story short, he lost that money as the bank said the money was dispensed. I now asked the officer in charge that somebody in the bank is playing game because there must be an excess at the end of the day which supposed to be disclosed by the officer in charge if he is a true and honest bank staff. He lost that money till date. He left the bank closed his account. Maybe this kind of attitude melted to the staff could have influenced the person in charge of the ATM to engage in fraudulent practice by not disclosing the excess amount at the end of business day and pocket that to his pocket.
Re: Courageus Teller Writes Access Bank Mgt Over Inhuman Treatment Of Contract Staff by lincy(f): 12:02pm On Sep 26, 2013
Dam the job! Such jobs barly makeup ends meet. U need to move on such job as dedicated u won't pay bils and hav tins to ur comfort. It for first step and beliv ur up for better level move on dear, well am a victim too I was one of the contract staff dat made etisalat wat dey are in portharcourt today , sexual harrastment from one of the regional sales manager called foster, wen step up ppl I was ahead of due to I refuse to his sexual urge, he told me his the ladder I can climb witz but thanks to lord for my bold step left the job to am boss of my self working hard and riping from my hard labour his a manager am Managing dirctor of my firm don't undermind ur self u there is muc hidden values in u be innovative.
Re: Courageus Teller Writes Access Bank Mgt Over Inhuman Treatment Of Contract Staff by meerkat(m): 12:25pm On Sep 26, 2013
The reason why I wrote a fresh UME, enrolled in a University and got a bachelors degree after I concluded my OND. I saw it coming.

@OP, I feel your pain bro.
Re: Courageus Teller Writes Access Bank Mgt Over Inhuman Treatment Of Contract Staff by otokx(m): 12:40pm On Sep 26, 2013
Nice write up but this is just a symptom of capitalism.
Re: Courageus Teller Writes Access Bank Mgt Over Inhuman Treatment Of Contract Staff by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 26, 2013
trix!:

While I empathize with you, I must also point out that you are NOT a staff of Access bank. Access bank has outsourced security guards and transaction officers to other firms, and they pay lump sums to these other firms.
Its your parent company that is ment to grant you all these benefits. When you are due for leave, your parent company is supposed to send a replacement for you to access bank.
What's on your letter of employment? Does it carry Access bank letterhead? Was it signed by HR of Access bank?

I pray that one day you work in a company that you will be discriminated against on the account of the letter head paper you were employed with and the HR personnel that signed it.
Re: Courageus Teller Writes Access Bank Mgt Over Inhuman Treatment Of Contract Staff by lateef4me(m): 12:52pm On Sep 26, 2013
Mods,

Frontpage plsssssss
Re: Courageus Teller Writes Access Bank Mgt Over Inhuman Treatment Of Contract Staff by swintiney: 12:52pm On Sep 26, 2013
For those who think access bank isn't liable, the truth is that this is a conspiracy between selfish banks/companies and the outsourcing firms, that is why we have lawmakers in place to keep amending laws as the players become even more desperate to kill in the name of profit. If these companies are responsible, their service providers would reflect their values as well. Take a clue from American firms, no matter the industry, they have minimum standard of living for any staff irrespective of the country or location, it is the product of their strong regulation and legislation that even Nigerians that work in their firms here in Nigeria enjoy. However, i still believe in the Nigeria of my dream, though it keeps looking ugly, i know one day Nigerians will be their brothers keepers, and will also enjoy good governance, electricity, road, hospital, education etc.

2 Likes

Re: Courageus Teller Writes Access Bank Mgt Over Inhuman Treatment Of Contract Staff by Ribaman(m): 12:57pm On Sep 26, 2013
Access Bank is a funny enterprise!
The big guys are not terribly great at taking care of their core staff either. A friend of mine, a core core staff, went to prison to cover for the mistakes/bad judgement of one of Access' top men.
Those guys sold their souls to the devil aeons ago.
Re: Courageus Teller Writes Access Bank Mgt Over Inhuman Treatment Of Contract Staff by swintiney: 1:20pm On Sep 26, 2013
Access bank's brand will seriously weaken if the approx. one million Nairalanders go through this especially as the call for front page becomes stronger. Their management should take this very serious with a view to making a turn for the better, else a lot of people will not want to deal with them as most of their staff appear disgruntled already. Disgruntled staff make way for fraud and nobody would want to partner with a potentialy fraudulent bank. Access bank over to you!
Re: Courageus Teller Writes Access Bank Mgt Over Inhuman Treatment Of Contract Staff by basisop(m): 1:42pm On Sep 26, 2013
Stop calling for Jihad! Do you know How many people would be thrown out to the labour market if this your senseless call is answered? Access Bank is a capitalist organizations, if you feel the kitchen is too hot, take a walk.

This is also a lesson for those that would get a job and forget to grow self academically. Nigerian employers love certificates so keep upgrading especially for the HND holders.

Fruitful2: It's disgusting seeing people defending Access bank.Why would a contract staff work under such horrible conditions.When will Nigerian s rise up and say no to this Injustice.When will our leaders take responsibility for their actions.
First and foremost what is Access bank Intentions towards their Staff.We should be questioning their Motives.
If Access bank entered into a contract with a firm to get the Workers.Access bank should also use the same zeal with which they are using to be the best bank and make sure all their staff is well taken careoff.They choose to outsource because of their wicked motives.I think it's high time we Nigerian s also punished this injustice.Let's all begin to close our accounts with ACCESS BANK.Tell every one you know or related with to close their accounts with ACCESS BANK.Discourage everyone related to you from opening accounts with Access Bank.It's high time we let these so called ogas in the banks know we pay their salaries.It's our monies they are using to live a lavish live style.We have talking and our leaders are not listening.It's time for us nigerians to act and stop complaining.FROM OCTOBER 01/10/2013 let's start withdrawing our funds and closing our accounts in ACCESS BANK.

IF THEY CHOOSE TO SACK THE STAFF OR VICTIMISED HIM OR HER WE WILL CONTINUE.
WE WILL ONLY STOP ONLY WHEN THE WORKING CONDITIONS OF THEIR STAFF HAS IMPROVED.

PLEASE NOTE YOU DON'T NEED TO BE VIOLET.LET'S ALSO MONITOR THE PROGRESS AND REPORT BACK TO THE HOUSE.

PEOPLE LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPENED.
Re: Courageus Teller Writes Access Bank Mgt Over Inhuman Treatment Of Contract Staff by Fruitful2: 5:06pm On Sep 26, 2013
Nobody has called for JIhad.What is senseless about Standing for your rights.Access bank Management are living lavishly at the expense of their staff welfare and depositors funds.DO YOU KNOW THE COST OF HOUSE RENT, TRANSPORTATION, SCHOOL FEES ETC.How long will Nigerian s walk away in the name of IF YOU CAN'T STAND IT RESIGN.IT'S HIGH TIME WE EXPRESS OUR PAIN AND THEIR IS NO BETTER WAY TO EXPRESS OUR PAIN THAN TO START WITHDRAWING OUR FUNDS FROM ACCESS BANK.THERE ARE OTHER BANKS IN NIGERIA AND THIS WILL SEND A STRONG MESSAGE TO THE BANKS.

basisop please stop being a coward.
Stop supporting injustice.
do you know the meaning of JIHAD.WHAT HAS WITHDRAWING OUR FUNDS GOT TO DO WITH JIHAD.MAYBE YOU ARE A DIRECTOR IN ACCESS BANK.Please Nigeria ns are no slaves.

1 Like

Re: Courageus Teller Writes Access Bank Mgt Over Inhuman Treatment Of Contract Staff by andyanders: 5:56pm On Sep 26, 2013
Fruitful2: Nobody has called for JIhad.What is senseless about Standing for your rights.Access bank Management are living lavishly at the expense of their staff welfare and depositors funds.DO YOU KNOW THE COST OF HOUSE RENT, TRANSPORTATION, SCHOOL FEES ETC.How long will Nigerian s walk away in the name of IF YOU CAN'T STAND IT RESIGN.IT'S HIGH TIME WE EXPRESS OUR PAIN AND THEIR IS NO BETTER WAY TO EXPRESS OUR PAIN THAN TO START WITHDRAWING OUR FUNDS FROM ACCESS BANK.THERE ARE OTHER BANKS IN NIGERIA AND THIS WILL SEND A STRONG MESSAGE TO THE BANKS.

do you know the meaning of JIHAD.WHAT HAS WITHDRAWING OUR FUNDS GOT TO DO WITH JIHAD.MAYBE YOU ARE A DIRECTOR IN ACCESS BANK.Please Nigeria ns are no slaves.

A public enlightenment should be carried out for people to stop banking with Access Bank.
Re: Courageus Teller Writes Access Bank Mgt Over Inhuman Treatment Of Contract Staff by basisop(m): 6:57pm On Sep 26, 2013
You are just a kid. Use your small brain to think out the multiplier effect of the senseless call you are making.

Fruitful2: Nobody has called for JIhad.What is senseless about Standing for your rights.Access bank Management are living lavishly at the expense of their staff welfare and depositors funds.DO YOU KNOW THE COST OF HOUSE RENT, TRANSPORTATION, SCHOOL FEES ETC.How long will Nigerian s walk away in the name of IF YOU CAN'T STAND IT RESIGN.IT'S HIGH TIME WE EXPRESS OUR PAIN AND THEIR IS NO BETTER WAY TO EXPRESS OUR PAIN THAN TO START WITHDRAWING OUR FUNDS FROM ACCESS BANK.THERE ARE OTHER BANKS IN NIGERIA AND THIS WILL SEND A STRONG MESSAGE TO THE BANKS.

Re: Courageus Teller Writes Access Bank Mgt Over Inhuman Treatment Of Contract Staff by KriTic24A: 8:40pm On Sep 26, 2013
Boss13: We need to ask what the Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC) is doing. Those selfish bastards*. A Lot of Nigerian workers are doing overtime without any compensation. The labour law in this country is very weak and should be looked at. The Chinese too are also exploiting this.

Is there any labour law at all?

The law that is not labour-driven are not implimented, how do you expect labour laws to function?

Do they not know that ''contract-staffing'' is glorified slavery?

Rulers enslaving their subjects...

Nigeria is a DEAD country...
Re: Courageus Teller Writes Access Bank Mgt Over Inhuman Treatment Of Contract Staff by KriTic24A: 8:47pm On Sep 26, 2013
lateef4me: With little understanding of Nigerian Labour laws,Access Bank cannot be held liable for whatever happens to these staff because the first basis is that there is no contractual relationship between them and Access Bank Plc ...

But if the 'contract-staff' defraud the their bank, who will they arrest, their out-sourcing company or the staff involved?
Re: Courageus Teller Writes Access Bank Mgt Over Inhuman Treatment Of Contract Staff by sublimes: 10:34pm On Sep 26, 2013
Please front page material.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Joseph Mbu Two Sons Rusticated From Ukraine University / Biafra: We Told Buhari That Nnamdi Kanu Is From England / How I Was Robbed By Two IPOB Members Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.