Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity (48020 Views)

Muslim Women Protest In Kaduna - "Free El-zakzaky" - Photos / Women Protest Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest; Demand His Release - Vanguard / NJC Clears Osun Judge Over Husband-snatching Saga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by nora544: 6:42pm On Sep 26, 2013
this woman should fly to India, they search for woman so they will find a man there
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by Destinymmi: 6:44pm On Sep 26, 2013
Wen d protest like dis, why guys head no go swell up
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by COOLDUN: 6:45pm On Sep 26, 2013
Good news, are they tired of SHARIA LAW? They never see anything when you allow your brothers, sons, and husbands to be used as SUICIDE BOMBERS by the Kanuri Boko Haram leaders, other ones are in Afganistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, training for Jihad, and how to kill the innocent people.

You can never eat your cake and have it, when you allow your future to be ruined forgetting that yesterday is unrealizable , you have not seen anything the earlier you stop your men from dyeing foolishly the better for you women, otherwise very soon you will be getting married to the Donkeys, Horses, and Camels, I hope you know what these animals carry under their laps ?

Advice your men, to desist from killing themselves for nothing, or remain single for the rest of your lives. Thank you all.
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by Fhemmmy: 6:47pm On Sep 26, 2013
Katsumoto:

It is the Sharia government's full responsibility.

You mean under the law, the govt have to provide them with men?
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by Goldberg: 6:49pm On Sep 26, 2013
True talk but they are not been precised about what they are looking for!!!
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by Samscofield: 6:50pm On Sep 26, 2013
Another Armnesty call I guess. It's high time all this things end for God's sake. Every thing is getting fulfiled by the day.
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by Nobody: 6:53pm On Sep 26, 2013
The Governor of Zamfara state should in one of his gallivanting abroad sign a MoU wit d Chinese, i heard there is scarcity of ladies there too!
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by Katsumoto: 6:54pm On Sep 26, 2013
Fhemmmy:

You mean under the law, the govt have to provide them with men?

Not necessarily men but welfare benefits. If the government has financial responsibility, it will stop the practice which will result in husbands not divorcing their wives to take new child brides.

The Sharia government allowed the women to marry too early, so the government must be responsible for their welfare.

Many of these women weren't allowed to go to school or learn a trade. They give birth too early and develop VVF.

When the girls get to 17, the government allows their wicked husbands to divorce them so that the wicked husbands can take new child brides.

In all the steps, the government is culpable.

7 Likes

Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by SEYIKP(m): 6:55pm On Sep 26, 2013
if okija_JUJU takes 20, and yuzedo takes 20 seun has the oga @ the top takes 50, make we share the remaing women.
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by SBJoji(m): 6:57pm On Sep 26, 2013
Now if I say END TIME THINGS... People will rain abuses on me..bt Mod pls allow me to say it loudly EEENNNDDD TTTIIIMMMEEE TTTHHHIIINNNGGGSSS
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by Barrackobama: 6:57pm On Sep 26, 2013
Man're now consider as pension plan.
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by Audukaya: 6:58pm On Sep 26, 2013
skyfall: They don't sound like marriage "materials." They're just looking for men to dump their wahala on.
you are partially correct.
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by Biggyd2: 6:59pm On Sep 26, 2013
Those women deaf abi dem blind ni? No be their governor say im prefer small small girls for marriage? Who dem say dem wan report give again? Their governor must have encouraged the matured men in the state to go for minors!

Someone please tell these women say dem demonstration don enter voice mail. According to your governor, you are not fit for purpose,pele. undecidedM
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by chinaman666(m): 7:08pm On Sep 26, 2013
~ZN~:
So it's true afterall, this scarcity thingy. shocked

Well, the chinese on the other hand are complaining of lack of wives - an agreement can be reached between the two countries, there's still hope.

I was starting to get excited about a possible business venture regarding this topic before I read that most of them were divorcees and widows. Ahem, the Chinese need WIVES, not abandoned leftovers. China already has an oversupply of older women who are unmarried.

Bad market.
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by 3ace(m): 7:08pm On Sep 26, 2013
abuomaIV: How do they expect to get married when their male are volunteering themselves for suicide. They should tell their brothers to stop getting involved in suicide (boko haram) missions.
My brother, that's not even the problem o. The problem is that men in Zamfara State are now after 12 and 13 year old girls. The result now is that you will now have an increase in the number of unmarried adult women. No thanks to Yerima! Solution; instead of them whining, they should reduce procreation of female children. Once their is scarcity for these goons to select from, they will start looking the way of adult women. Am I talking somebody!

2 Likes

Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by omeiza1979(m): 7:10pm On Sep 26, 2013
Speechless
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 26, 2013
awakulowoo: Zamfara State government should just involve money in this venture many ibos will run to Zamfara state to marry them.
who release this one undecided
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by Obinoscopy(m): 7:11pm On Sep 26, 2013
AmBeautiful: To all the Nairaland guys out there, using Seun, Sexkillz, Jaybee, r231, maclatunji, obinoscopy, friedburger, yuzedo, okija juju, Abba patrick, virgin finders& co limited and ati be be lo, as a point of contact. What are you still waiting for? Is this not the golden opportunity you have all been waiting for grin
undecided
lol @ friedburger. Just don't let Feiburger catch you. I never knew we had fried Burgers here on NL. If I may ask, have you tasted the fried burger? Tasty? grin

@post, we don't do second-hand. We do chasis tongue. I advice those widows and divorcees to go and join the Nuns at the Convent.
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by madridsta007(m): 7:11pm On Sep 26, 2013
adamooye5: No fewer than 8,000 women on Thursday matched to the Zamfara Hisbah Commission, seeking the state government’s assistance to enable them to get married.

Led by the Chairperson of the Zamfara Widows Association, Hajiya Suwaiba Isa, and the patron, Alhaji Sa’idu Goshe, the women said they were not living a normal life and needed husbands to become whole.

“Many of us cannot afford two meals in a day because there are no men to support us,” they said.

The patron said the association had over 8,000 women, comprising 5,380 divorcees, 2,200 widows, 1,200 orphans and 80 others, whom he said, were looking for men to marry.

He said the women also needed assistance to purchase household items such as beds, mattresses and other basic necessities needed to move to their husbands’ houses.

Goshe appealed to the commission to assist the association in screening suitors for the women.

He said the screening would determine the suitors’ health status, source of livelihood and ability to maintain a family.
http://www.punchng.com/news/8000-zamfara-women-protest-over-scarcity-of-husbands/

They get married at age 10, pushed into 'marriage' by their fathers because, according to some selfish hardliners, Islam says they should marry underage. There are many 'Yerimas' ready to 'marry' them. They get violated at that same age, and many get the VVF disease. The men they 'marry' to, marry other girls and do not care for them as they are diseased and no more fresh. They get treatment for the disease, which is incurable only managed. At this stage they are without a job, a husband, they have a child and they have a disease.

They now go and look for something to live on. The lucky ones get involved in petty trading and the unlucky ones get into prostitution... They both find it hard to survive and then start to look for men to marry, men who are not forthcoming. If they have girls as daughters, they push them to get married at 9-10 years, so they can get some money from their dowries. The vicious cycle continues.

That is the story of the rural Northern woman. The elite, middle-class and religious leaders using religion to oppress the masses; the masses become robots, without the capacity to think or operate on their own. The educated ones amongst the Northerners, maintain silence, like some selfish corporate agreement.

8 Likes

Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by lastpage: 7:13pm On Sep 26, 2013
3ace: My brother, that's not even the problem o. The problem is that men in Zamfara State are now after 12 and 13 year old girls. The result now is that you will now have an increase in the number of unmarried adult women. No thanks to Yerima! Solution; instead of them whining, they should reduce procreation of female children. Once their is scarcity for these goons to select from, they will start looking the way adult women. Am I talking somebody!
A-M-E-EN!! shocked shocked

You smart-die! grin grin

Lastpage!

BTW: I noticed that "women" have completely "divorced" this topic! WHY NOW? wink wink grin

Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by lastpage: 7:14pm On Sep 26, 2013
sureteeboy: The women said they hardly afford 2 meals per day.
In other words. They are just trying to use those men as their source of income.
Relationship is love, and not a job opportunity

In every relationship, that is exactly what a woman thinks about first!
Love may then follow later.
You wonder why people like Ojukwu, Abiola, those Governors who are Old and Ugly-Fugly still manage to marry the prettiest and youngest girl in town? (Those women simply dump their struggling Boy friend grin )

Simply put: Women are smarter and deadlier, anyway you dice it. wink

2 Likes

Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by Katsumoto: 7:17pm On Sep 26, 2013
lastpage:

In every relationship, that is exactly what a woman thinks about first!
Love may then follow later.
You wonder why people like Ojukwu, Abiola, those Governors who are Old and Ugly-Fugly still manage to marry the prettiest and youngest girl in town? (Those women simply dump their struggling Boy friend grin )

Simply put: Women are smarter and deadlier, anyway you dice it. wink

And in the days of cave men, they picked the strong men first. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by lastpage: 7:19pm On Sep 26, 2013
^^^You Badt, very Badt! shocked shocked

Lastpage!
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by Royvic(m): 7:19pm On Sep 26, 2013
o boy.............. see women dying for men to marry dem, so der is scarcity of men? dat is to say, befor 2020, mariageable men wil be very minimal
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by biafranqueen: 7:22pm On Sep 26, 2013
nadia_SA: who release this one undecided
Good question I was gong to comment but I just skipped because I think it was a joke that went dry!
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by Dayo30(m): 7:23pm On Sep 26, 2013
Feelin sleepy wen dey get men 2 marry dem wake me up

Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by ITbomb(m): 7:26pm On Sep 26, 2013
Garri_Activist: END TIME THINGS
Again!!!!!!
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by DonaldGenes(m): 7:27pm On Sep 26, 2013
lmaoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

make 'em come port harcourt
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by mekky2012(m): 7:28pm On Sep 26, 2013
The problems in T̶̲̥̅̊ђέ north are on the increase
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by Vicjay1(m): 7:28pm On Sep 26, 2013
Reads isaiah 4:1 and smiles. Lord let it be in my generation.
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by kinguwem: 7:28pm On Sep 26, 2013
The women will continue to remain poor & hungry until they accept to be educated. Illiteracy & religious fanatism is what is retarding their progress. Marriage is not a job. They need a re-orientation.

3 Likes

Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by biafranqueen: 7:28pm On Sep 26, 2013
madridsta007:

They get married at age 10, pushed into 'marriage' by their fathers because Islam says they should marry underage. There are many 'Yerimas' ready to 'marry' them. They get violated at that same age, and many get the VVF disease. The men they 'marry' to, marry other girls and do not care for them as they are diseased and no more fresh. They get treatment for the disease, which is incurable only managed. At this stage they are without a job, a husband, they have a child and they have a disease.

They now go and look for something to live on. The lucky ones get involved in petty trading and the unlucky ones get into prostitution... They both find it hard to survive and then start to look for men to marry, men who are not forthcoming. If they have girls as daughters, they push them to get married at 9-10 years, so they can get some money from their dowries. The vicious cycle continues.

That is the story of the rural Northern woman. The elite, middle-class and religious leaders using religion to oppress the masses; the masses become robots, without the capacity to think or operate on their own. The educated ones amongst the Northerners, maintain silence, like some selfish corporate agreement.
yes so many atrocities happening in the North,also one of them being that men will marry different wives and have over 20 children and pick only a couple to raise leaving the rest to fend for themselves, women and children are severely being mistreated in the North it is so heart breaking cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Photo: General Obasanjo And Mrs Remi Obasanjo On Their Wedding Day In 1963 / FG Declares Friday, Monday Public Holidays / 6 Top Contenders For PDP’s Ticket For 2019 Presidential Election (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.