Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,536 members, 7,827,005 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity (48019 Views)

Muslim Women Protest In Kaduna - "Free El-zakzaky" - Photos / Women Protest Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest; Demand His Release - Vanguard / NJC Clears Osun Judge Over Husband-snatching Saga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by biafranqueen: 7:29pm On Sep 26, 2013
Dangote should set these women up with a business because what they are mostly missing is the financial backing. Unfortunately him being on his third wife he is part of the problem.
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by gidjah(m): 7:30pm On Sep 26, 2013
FIRST OF ALL; most of d able bodied men in zamfara hv all gone on Boko haram rampage killing spree so no time for marriage yet, but even if marriage is an issue now sure not with ds old skins, ugly divorces & d likes,..coz we are expected to go for 12 yrs minor n below goin by our religion! ! abi and after 2-3 yrs usage, we change d Tyre for anoda new( innocent minor on d block) & fresh tyre frm d factory! ! ha ha!
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by hikmoj(m): 7:30pm On Sep 26, 2013
spacechuks: There is no doubt scarcity of husband material of recent times even in the southern Nigeria...reason not farfetched include lack of jobs for men to carter for their family hence most guys remain single and keep flexing until they get 30's or 40's while they fellow girls/spinster keep doing mfm die by fire.....Alot of girls in the south are passing thru what their northern counterpart are experiencing,just that they keep pretending and deing in silence......The bottomline is that the govt is culpable because if you draw the partway very well...u can trace it to the govt.
only d wise produce wisdom talk u talk wel, more power 2 ur elbow
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by DonaldGenes(m): 7:30pm On Sep 26, 2013
Obinoscopy: lol @ friedburger. Just don't let Feiburger catch you. I never knew we had fried Burgers here on NL. If I may ask, have you tasted the fried burger? Tasty? grin

@post, we don't do second-hand. We do chasis tongue. I advice those widows and divorcees to go and join the Nuns at the Convent.

laugh want burst my belle.....chai
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by Nobody: 7:34pm On Sep 26, 2013
~ZN~:
So it's true afterall, this scarcity thingy. shocked

Well, the chinese on the other hand are complaining of lack of wives - an agreement can be reached between the two countries, there's still hope.
I dey try picture how e go be, a Chinese\hausa man. Loool mehnn dat will look funny. Well there's still hope for them, there is dis tribe in Nigeria dat hav christain and muslem. So there muslem part can help out here. Be your brothers keeper. I didn't mention any name o.

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by tommykiwi(m): 7:39pm On Sep 26, 2013
sкчscrαρεr™:
hohohoho...when i first saw this thread i thought it was a joke¡
how i wish all the quys in naija would willingly decide to qo on an indefinate strike, na all dem qirls go beqin beg us for "straffing" naw|

GOD PUNISH DEVIL
#TotoMustNotRotten
U WELL SO
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by Repentance(m): 7:41pm On Sep 26, 2013
When things like this begins to happen u kn dat d end is near
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by BB013(m): 7:45pm On Sep 26, 2013
Is it just me noticing that only men re commenting on this thread. . ETT
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by emmanuelson20: 7:47pm On Sep 26, 2013
In as much as i feel for them, i think its so clear. How will they have husbands when their cold-blooded men have decided to become "terrorists" so as to kill people especially the non-believers of their faith... "GOD GRANT THEM MIRACLES".

Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by Audukaya: 7:49pm On Sep 26, 2013
according to islam by this year calculation as in gold coin value, a muslim man is to pay #9,720 only, followed by 4 representatives 2 from each family and atleast 4 other witnesses then prayers.that is the only requrement by islam.to get married, but in my hausa culture today 150,000 is the minimum requirement for you to marry from a third class family.and u have no right to say no,for that let them die with their useless culture for we are muslims,and we cant change allah's creed. If what i said is a lie to islam reply me so that i shall repent. Thank u.
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by nora544: 7:50pm On Sep 26, 2013
It is realy funny thatmuslim woman go on the street that they need help.
The problem is that most of this woman have no education, they have to marry very young no time for the school, when the husband don't like them divorce in Islam is very easy and the man can go for a new wife a younger wife.

I hear at the moment from a friend he work with doctors without border in Syria that rich man from saudia arab come to the refugee camp to search for young girls that they could marry and the people in thid camp have no money so they sell this girl for money (it is between 2000 and 3000 Euro) and after some month (sometimes two month) this man make a divorse and marry a new girl.

Woman have no rights in Islam.
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by idealsico(m): 7:50pm On Sep 26, 2013
awakulowoo: Zamfara State government should just involve money in this venture many ibos will run to Zamfara state to marry them.
Awolowo or what do you call youself could you just shut up that your mouth? Are these no more affiliates of yours politically,religiously and what have you.Bigot.Continue from where Fani Kayode stopped.

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 26, 2013
ROTFLMAO grin grin
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by 4Play(m): 7:51pm On Sep 26, 2013
This tells us more about the lack of economic independence for women in Zamfara. The women claim they're struggling financially because they lack husbands. If women were educated and encouraged to be independent, they won't demand husbands so keenly.

3 Likes

Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by idealsico(m): 7:52pm On Sep 26, 2013
awakulowoo: Zamfara State government should just involve money in this venture many ibos will run to Zamfara state to marry them.
Awolowo or what do you call youself could you just shut up that your mouth? Are these no more affiliates of yours politically,religiously and what have you.Bigot.Continue from where Fani Kayode stopped.Like father like son.
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by papi365: 7:52pm On Sep 26, 2013
U SABI IGBO PEOPLE LOL
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by Katsumoto: 7:56pm On Sep 26, 2013
4 Play: This tells us more about the lack of economic independence for women in Zamfara. The women claim they're struggling financially because they lack husbands. If women were educated and encouraged to be independent, they won't demand husbands so keenly.

But the irony is that most of them lack economic independence because they didn't go to school or learn a trade as a result of getting married at 9/10.
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by papi365: 7:57pm On Sep 26, 2013
money-hungry :
*in a bus going to zamfara, with 2 cartons of con.dom*
IF U TRY AM,NA UR MANHOOD DEM GO CHOP. I SORI 4 U O.
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by olaplus170(m): 7:57pm On Sep 26, 2013
Let them give a call to shekau and his BH guys to marry them...afterall dem nid virgins,abi all of una no b virginz ni ?
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by papi365: 7:59pm On Sep 26, 2013
money-hungry :
*in a bus going to zamfara, with 2 cartons of con.dom*
DEM GO CHOP UR MANHOOD
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by samesolomon(m): 8:01pm On Sep 26, 2013
This is yerima things, over to you senator grin
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by pembisco(m): 8:02pm On Sep 26, 2013
Viewing this topic is pembisco only
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by Idunobaehis(m): 8:04pm On Sep 26, 2013
GENDER EQUALITY.

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by emmanuelson20: 8:04pm On Sep 26, 2013
As much as this is a serious matter, you got me lol................ "nwata maranma", igbo kwenu!!!
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by deor03(m): 8:06pm On Sep 26, 2013
Seems the able bodied men are more interested in the 'heavenly' 70 virgins rather than the 'earthly' single ladies
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by emmanuelson20: 8:08pm On Sep 26, 2013
samesolomon: This is yerima things, over to you senator grin
I think you don't get it... These are "mature" ladies not ....................................

Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by wonderfulson: 8:08pm On Sep 26, 2013
See the hand-work of boko ediots they almost kill all the men in the north now their women are there searching for husbands.Eyi ta lai mokan fi serare lo po ju. Useless people.
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 26, 2013

Are u diz poor?
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by Druhill(m): 8:14pm On Sep 26, 2013
adamooye5: No fewer than 8,000 women on Thursday matched to the Zamfara Hisbah Commission, seeking the state government’s assistance to enable them to get married.

Led by the Chairperson of the Zamfara Widows Association, Hajiya Suwaiba Isa, and the patron, Alhaji Sa’idu Goshe, the women said they were not living a normal life and needed husbands to become whole.

“Many of us cannot afford two meals in a day because there are no men to support us,” they said.

The patron said the association had over 8,000 women, comprising 5,380 divorcees, 2,200 widows, 1,200 orphans and 80 others, whom he said, were looking for men to marry.

He said the women also needed assistance to purchase household items such as beds, mattresses and other basic necessities needed to move to their husbands’ houses.

Goshe appealed to the commission to assist the association in screening suitors for the women.

He said the screening would determine the suitors’ health status, source of livelihood and ability to maintain a family.
http://www.punchng.com/news/8000-zamfara-women-protest-over-scarcity-of-husbands/
I love this development, Zamfara here I come.
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 26, 2013
Well, every1 has made a point. I think northwestern people are well known 2 me. I served in their land. Going by that figure, it's crystal clear what d future holds 4 dis ppl. High level of illiteracy in dis region is eating deep into them. Education brings about light. It opens your eyes and breaks you loose from d bondage of some ancient religio-cultural beliefs. There is every 100% tendency that a Yoruba or Ibo divorcee(woman) would soon find a gud hubby b/4 an hausa counterpart would do. Why? Because u can hardly find their women outside. They are always kept indoors, no other man can gain entry into their compound, u will only see their men on d streets. They are not allowed 2 work, only 2 cook, eat, have sex & bear children. As u know, u can only talk 2 a woman u see. And only when u see some of these divorcees that u get 2 know they are beautiful young girls of 23- 26 yrs of age.
Re: Zamfara Women Protest Over Husband Scarcity by smart134: 8:23pm On Sep 26, 2013
emmanuelson20: I think you don't get it... These are "mature" ladies not ....................................

LOLzzzzzzzzzzz

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Obasanjo’s Son And Baba Ijebu's Daughter Introduction Ceremony / Photo: General Obasanjo And Mrs Remi Obasanjo On Their Wedding Day In 1963 / FG Declares Friday, Monday Public Holidays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.