Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,234 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? (44413 Views)

How To Install Android 4.1 Jellybean Luncher On Your Tecno N3 Smartphone / Unbrick your tecno f7 now / A New Tecno Phone (tecno N3) -soon! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by Nobody: 4:57am On Sep 28, 2013
some of the posters here are really dumb. you call a product Chinko yet almost every electronic product,clothing and household item in the nigerian market is made or assembled in China or Malaysia.
Samsung and LG phones and electronics are either assembled in China or Malaysia. ur Keke Napep which you squeeze into is assembled in India yet una dey enter am,why dont u feel ashamed wen u are inside one?

Few years ago u nigerians were saying Kia and Hyundai are Korean and inferior,today those cars compete amongst the best in the world.
wat you dumb folks making mockery of Tecno dont realise is that Technology keeps evolving and the Tecno researchers would keep improving whether you like it or not.

ur pathetic country nigeria doesnt even produce a pin.we're an importing economy and most of u folks are graduates of engineering,science and technology but u cant even put join wires or manufacture anything or even develop ideas and ur still talking about using phone to toast babe.

make una dey there dey yab Tecno while theyre busy improving their technology

u guys should wake up to reality and do something useful with ur time than making mockery of people who are obviously more developed and intelligent than u are

30 Likes

Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by okeyximo(m): 5:10am On Sep 28, 2013
KA24DETT: I cannot believe this .
Techno can only sell their phones in Nigeria and Africa Cus there is no copyright laws and intellectual property right .
Techno can never sell their phones in Uk, US or any developed country because they will be slammed with lawsuit. A company straight up copies Galaxy S3 down to every millimeter and people are saying it's better than the mothership.
Techno has no research capabilities , nothing that sets it apart.
It's good as a starting smartphone but please don't say is better than the s3, iphone, blackberry .
U can never get a fake blackberry or fake apple iOS . They control the software and hardware. Android is open source (thanks to google), that's why u get companies like techno and genio in business.
and how does copy right come concern me ?? na copy right i de chop?

1 Like

Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by SBJoji(m): 5:35am On Sep 28, 2013
We believe in blackberry no more no less

3 Likes

Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by starlightRR(m): 5:43am On Sep 28, 2013
say all what you want .....TECNO phones are great phones.....i use a phantom A, the first impression it gives is that most people do ask if that's an s4 and when i tell them its a tecno phone the next word is "tecno dey vex o"

1 Like

Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by jreyez(m): 5:57am On Sep 28, 2013
**tu ru ru ru ru... Tu ru ru** boiZ go cover the speakers with their hands grin grin
Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by joanpinkie(f): 5:58am On Sep 28, 2013
I think I have to buy the Phone anb keep it as a landline and a desktop for browsing in my house. grin

1 Like

Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by snakova(m): 6:06am On Sep 28, 2013
tycoon3:
watin u mean, na watin samsung fit do way tecno phantop A no fit do, guy no dey form familiarity for here
#teamtecno samsung going in verysoon just as bb
my guy 4get dat yarn. can tecno eye pause?
Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by kpofkpof: 6:13am On Sep 28, 2013
Now I'm in a dilema.

I work with one of the new generation banks and my monthly take home(NET) is 375,000. I have been toying with the idea of changing my Nokia phone, I have used it for over 5years and it's beginning to give me problems becos I'm fond of dropping my phones easily. The screen is broken and I have changed that screen twice before.

Before I got that Nokia, I had always been a samsung person. Now when I saw the S4, I fell in love with it and decided to get it. On my way to Slot, I met a colleague while in traffic at computer village, we parked and got gisting. I told him I wanted to get an S4, you won't believe this colleague who currently uses an S4 advised me to save my money and get a tecno phantom A+. I hv never heard nor seen the phone before!

I became confused. He was of the opinion that they do the same thing- that if he were to buy now, he will pick Tecno over the S4. I went a step ahead and spoke to one of the engineers at slot and he confirmed that they do the same thing. According to him, the disadvantage of Tecno is that it already has the 'chinko' stigma as can be verified in this thread and it doesn't have warranty unlike the samsung S4.

Now I'm more confused. Please can someone just advise me on the phone to buy stating his/her reasons.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by Nobody: 6:18am On Sep 28, 2013
Dem papa! I'm proudly team tecno! I gbadun my phantom a+ !!!
Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by snakova(m): 6:28am On Sep 28, 2013
berem: Why shall i shame for the phone i bought with my money? I dey craze? I love tecno phones like mad!

Tecno Rocks!! cool
broke @ss
Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by ocelot2006(m): 6:31am On Sep 28, 2013
The responses i've read so far are quite amusing. Why hide the TECNO? Anyway, I must confess I looked down on the TECNO brand name, not because of its cost, but because I felt they were least reliable/wouldnt last long.........I was SOOOO wrong. 'bought my first Tecno phone, and it pretty much offered me everything I could get from a Nokia. It's only flaw (I think....) was its ridiculously loud tones that can give a man a heart attack.

And then I saw the Phantom A+ with a friend of mine. I was so impressed I got myself one immediately. And I flaunt that phone for everyone to see. For half the price, you pretty much get everything you see in the more expensive Samsung smartphone/tab.

1 Like

Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by victobas10: 6:35am On Sep 28, 2013
is that a techno?yes.o boy them don upgrade o.techno fones are ss good as others these days.the problem they had before was caused by the low quality fones they started with.ugly and vvery loud

1 Like

Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by PurpleHouse(m): 6:36am On Sep 28, 2013
kpofkpof: Now I'm in a dilema.

I work with one of the new generation banks and my monthly take home(NET) is 375,000. I have been toying with the idea of changing my Nokia phone, I have used it for over 5years and it's beginning to give me problems becos I'm fond of dropping my phones easily. The screen is broken and I have changed that screen twice before.

Before I got that Nokia, I had always been a samsung person. Now when I saw the S4, I fell in love with it and decided to get it. On my way to Slot, I met a colleague while in traffic at computer village, we parked and got gisting. I told him I wanted to get an S4, you won't believe this colleague who currently uses an S4 advised me to save my money and get a tecno phantom A+. I hv never heard nor seen the phone before!

I became confused. He was of the opinion that they do the same thing- that if he were to buy now, he will pick Tecno over the S4. I went a step ahead and spoke to one of the engineers at slot and he confirmed that they do the same thing. According to him, the disadvantage of Tecno is that it already has the 'chinko' stigma as can be verified in this thread and it doesn't have warranty unlike the samsung S4.

Now I'm more confused. Please can someone just advise me on the phone to buy stating his/her reasons.

Thank you

Few days ago I saw a thread comparing two Tec-He-No fones! I fell for the N7 and was just planning on getting one! I got up this morning and this same people here are shooting the fone from All corners! Nairand! Una go fit buy fuel and Matches give person make he go kill himself! Buch of unstable, Low IQ, Insecured inferior Basket Mouths!
Live for yourself! Don't lead a life of approval! Else you'll live a Life of Regrets and Loses!
Mrs, go get yourself what u wanted! Listen to no Nay Sayers! There's Nothing wrong with a Tecno! The only differnce is that, Nigerians, especially the Working Big Boys and Gurls Buy Brands just to Feel Belong!

5 Likes

Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by Nobody: 6:36am On Sep 28, 2013

Thank you
Even the devil will be ashamed of this kind of stupidity. Just to ask about what phone to get you are telling us how much you are paid monthly? How does it correlate? Jeez. You should have told us how much you pay for house rent too e-diot.

8 Likes

Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by size38: 6:37am On Sep 28, 2013
Why are we living in ignorance. More than 70% of d electronics be it mobile phones, computers, radios etc are produced in china. Anybody that doubts me should make a research for him/ herself

2 Likes

Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by jaybee3(m): 6:39am On Sep 28, 2013
Piponomics:
Even the devil will be ashamed of this kind of stupidity. Just to ask about what phone to get you are telling us how much you are paid monthly? How does it correlate? Jeez. You should have told us how much you pay for house rent too e-diot.
You sef see am?
Impressing the bois innit bruv

@kpofkpof
I'm interested biko, we can def collabo with that salary of yours
Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by Youngtekkey(m): 6:39am On Sep 28, 2013
Na small pikin full here,well na people get their mouth notin wey anybody say feel discourage me,i rock my tecno,as a matter of fact nobody having talk thrash about it,coz i have a car and am ok,so it's not about a phone making u feel ashame,i have money to buy any phone i want to buy but i prefer tecno,so what?

1 Like

Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by snakova(m): 6:42am On Sep 28, 2013

Thank you
u r a big girl now. wat u need is an s4 or a sony xperia z not some chinko phone. s4 has some unique features like eye pause while xperia z is water proof
Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by Nobody: 6:43am On Sep 28, 2013
Anyone that is still bothered about what people say about the phone they have is still living in denial. I meet all sorts of foreigners everyday and NONE of them has a phone beyond 30k. In fact the Brits na Curve 2 be their standard. These guys are international experts in their fields and so you working with them will even be 'ashamed' to pull out your Galaxy Note 2 when the guys earning 5 times more than you are using a Curve 2.
Bottom line, go for something you are comfortable with. If Tecno is a problem for you then get Gionee. Most people out there don't know about it.

2 Likes

Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by Mickeywilliams(m): 6:44am On Sep 28, 2013
Purchased a P3 Last week and ah can certainly vouch for the fact that the phone's cool...But the downside is the name 'TECNO'..ah remember when my friends saw it they were like 'omo u don upgrade o na which product be this' only to take a better look and see the name 'TECNO' written boldly on it...hehehe 'omo na chinko'......but when they got to see its capabilities they praised the phone..if i must add TECNO phones kinda have low RAM compared to their counterparts Thus less gaming ability..i stand to be corrected for versions like PHANTOM...Point is pple wrongly associate the name with inferior quality cos of their previous phones which i'd rather call Ghettoblasters.#TeamTECHNO#

1 Like

Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by Mickeywilliams(m): 6:45am On Sep 28, 2013
Piponomics: Anyone that is still bothered about what people say about the phone they have is still living in denial. I meet all sorts of foreigners everyday and NONE of them has a phone beyond 30k. In fact the Brits na Curve 2 be their standard. These guys are international experts in their fields and so you working with them will even be 'ashamed' to pull out your Galaxy Note 2 when the guys earning 5 times more than you are using a Curve 2.
Bottom line, go for something you are comfortable with. If Tecno is a problem for you then get Gionee. Most people out there don't know about it.
yupp ah love that brand GIONEE their smartphones are really cool.
Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by pek(m): 6:47am On Sep 28, 2013
you have it, thank God for your life. from N3 to D3 and now M3 ; I have no regrets. people have made derogatory comments but the truth is : who cares? I bought for myself and I am enjoying it. when you want to buy yours, buy what you want. I know some who told me they can never touch Tecno but today, they are proud TECNOcrats. some have been impressed by what it can do any have rushed to buy it. by advise : don't hate a phone because of its name. check what it can offer. why buy an expensive phone when the cheaper options will give you the same thing? you won't get a prize for that. some have claimed here that "big " phones are for toasting girls. my advise, grow up and think.

1 Like

Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by Nobody: 6:48am On Sep 28, 2013
jay bee:
You sef see am?
Impressing the bois innit bruv

@kpofkpof
I'm interested biko, we can def collabo with that salary of yours
Lmao! Yes sir.
She is either a 'He' scammer looking for who will fall mugu or she is just an ugly desperate girl looking for attention. Nobody earning that amount will be that stupid on a board such as this.
BTW I'd like to know what new generation bank pays her such and what her job role is.

1 Like

Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by cardoso111(m): 6:50am On Sep 28, 2013
Can't eve let my son use It school!
Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by encryptjay(m): 6:54am On Sep 28, 2013
Haters make them famous.

1 Like

Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by ojigbijigbi: 7:00am On Sep 28, 2013
for forks sake I dontt give a rat poo.....we are talking about using d money I stressed myself to an extent to get in buying me fone and u talking about beign ashamed or something.... oya na
Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by yetunsbay(m): 7:02am On Sep 28, 2013
puppy2k:

GUY HUSSLE HARD OOO ..TECNO NO GET MOUTH

S4 NO TOO COST LIKE THAT SEF.. WITH JUST 90K U GO DEY SEE HOW BABES GO DEY FLOW WITH YOUR HUSSLE
all na worldly tinz so b contempted
Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by ojeffo: 7:06am On Sep 28, 2013

Thank you
Bros,to start wt tecno and samsung dont do the same thing.It is safer to say they use d same operating system.Even at that,there are still uncountable features of the samsung android that can never feature on tecno.If your friend is so in love wt tecno,let him go ahead and sell his s4 to u @45k or even give am 50k sef.
To some guys here screaming "tecno can wateva a samsung can do"..try and take out time and check out the features of samsung. I d t even think u can perform an OTA update on tecno sef.
My boss once was insisting on taking a tecno phantom A2,instead of wasting money on s4.After trying to convince him that samsung is miles better and he was still insisting.I had to get a tecno phantom A2 and a galaxy s3 not even s4,and laid yhem side by side and played a video on them simultaneously.The difference was soooo huge that my boss didn't wait for other demos before opting for the s4 shouying that he has finally seen why tecno is very cheap
I am a tecnical consultant at guaranty network ltd

2 Likes

Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by geeworld1(m): 7:07am On Sep 28, 2013
tycoon3:
watin u mean, na watin samsung fit do way tecno phantop A no fit do, guy no dey form familiarity for here
#teamtecno samsung going in verysoon just as bb

O boi shut up, tecno cannot achieve half of samsong's accomplesment 4 nw..... Even wen we go tru the best 20 phones in the world ur phantom is nowhere T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ βѮ found...
Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by chucky234(m): 7:08am On Sep 28, 2013
Tecno + Chinese = Chinko
Tecno should stop putting the name "tecno" on their phones, a logo only like Apple devices will do the magic and save their customers the embarassment they go through daily.
Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by alexvatt(m): 7:08am On Sep 28, 2013
Tecno and infinix are taking over Nigerian market.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Before A Communication Mast Is Mounted In Your Property(read) / What Sort Of Lie Is This (photo) / Today Is Black Friday! Share Your Online Shopping Experience Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.