Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,060 members, 7,835,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? (44461 Views)

How To Install Android 4.1 Jellybean Luncher On Your Tecno N3 Smartphone / Unbrick your tecno f7 now / A New Tecno Phone (tecno N3) -soon! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by omenka(m): 7:11am On Sep 28, 2013
Secret_Dreams: Chinko na chinko, abi how will two different brands of phones operate with the same OS and have a high price difference ? There must definitely be something about the one with the lower price. Think about that.
The very cheap cost of labour in china is the reason behind the low cost of production and by extension, low cost of product.

1 Like

Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by yetunsbay(m): 7:14am On Sep 28, 2013
geeworld1:
O boi shut up, tecno cannot achieve half of samsong's accomplesment 4 nw..... Even wen we go tru the best 20 phones in the world ur phantom is nowhere T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ βѮ found...
no insult any1.jst name 1 thng wey s4 cn do and A2 cnt
Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by darelar(m): 7:15am On Sep 28, 2013
I use Phantom A+ and I can tell you that no place that I have ever use it, that at least one person will not plan to buy it. I use torch3 but I prever useing the phantom to do things like taking picture, recording and that is the phone I put my main line. My kid bro is using bold5 but he will prefer me to snap with my techno and transfer it. The same things happen when my club member have a get-together at Airport hotel ikeja, everyone keep their BB, symbian phone and use my techno to snap wch I transfer to them later just because of the quality. Ppl respect me with it because they know that am average. So don't underate techno.

2 Likes

Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by Nobody: 7:18am On Sep 28, 2013
Whenever i go out with my F7 and answer a call on it or hand it to someone to talk to my caller..

One guy said, hmmm bro, easy o, that phone can buy a car oo.

A colleague said, chai see phone, omo you get money oo.

F7 looks like an HTC or big Iphone...
Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by Nobody: 7:21am On Sep 28, 2013
bennygee: some of the posters here are really dumb. you call a product Chinko yet almost every electronic product,clothing and household item in the nigerian market is made or assembled in China or Malaysia.
Samsung and LG phones and electronics are either assembled in China or Malaysia. ur Keke Napep which you squeeze into is assembled in India yet una dey enter am,why dont u feel ashamed wen u are inside one?

Few years ago u nigerians were saying Kia and Hyundai are Korean and inferior,today those cars compete amongst the best in the world.
wat you dumb folks making mockery of Tecno dont realise is that Technology keeps evolving and the Tecno researchers would keep improving whether you like it or not.

ur pathetic country nigeria doesnt even produce a pin.we're an importing economy and most of u folks are graduates of engineering,science and technology but u cant even put join wires or manufacture anything or even develop ideas and ur still talking about using phone to toast babe.

make una dey there dey yab Tecno while theyre busy improving their technology

u guys should wake up to reality and do something useful with ur time than making mockery of people who are obviously more developed and intelligent than u are

This has always been my message to Nigerian youth....

2 Likes

Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by Nobody: 7:22am On Sep 28, 2013
paulabdeel: Is this really Tecno? They want to hear it ring, and are afterwards surprised. They look at the interface and ask a couple of questions. Ashamed, no reason to be. It is the BB owners who are now. grin grin grin

Ashamed ke? I'm a BB owner and I'm not ashamed of my Q10 darling.

*catwalks away* cheesy grin
Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by Nobody: 7:26am On Sep 28, 2013
jreyez: ** switch on the phone inside bus ** 'tu ru ru ru ru..... ttU ru ru' ** mehn some guys go cover the speakers with handkerchief grin
abeg hw I fit stop dat sound ?
Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by puppy2k(m): 7:26am On Sep 28, 2013
ariseandshine: Toast babe? What kind of woman will follow a man because of phone?

GUY NO BE NAIJA U DEY

U DEY FORM LIKE SAY YOU NO KNOW THE WEY NAIJA BABES VALUE HIGH END TREASURE THINGS LIKE PHONES !!!!

BUY TECNO GIVE YOUR BABE NA ..MAKE YOU SEE THE REACTION ....

1 Like

Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by esther4real(f): 7:26am On Sep 28, 2013
Tenco will always be the best, you know why ? they consider what can be affordable by everyone before producing. for instance, students like me who could not use my fee or do some illegal things just 2 purchase a smart can go for this as subtitute .afterall it does the same thing other smart phones can do .Am proud of my TENCO L3..... kiss Tenco will always be the best, you know why ? they consider what can be affordable by everyone before producing. for instance, students like me who could not use my fee or do some illegal things just 2 purchase a smart can go for this as subtitute .afterall it does the same thing other smart phones can do .Am proud of my TENCO L3.....

2 Likes

Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by yetunsbay(m): 7:28am On Sep 28, 2013
okpara ugo:

This has always been my message to Nigerian youth....
dat guy don talk gud words o.imagn most f al these complainants re eida elect,tech gradt/ unda-gdt
Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by sketchlyrics(m): 7:30am On Sep 28, 2013
techno b3 na him dey on point
Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by echepops(m): 7:31am On Sep 28, 2013
Mehn people dey feel my Phantom A+ die!! I can bring this fone out anywhere I go. It's an awesome device and I advice y'all to get this phone oooo. Cool shiiiiiiiii
Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by yetunsbay(m): 7:32am On Sep 28, 2013
Ochillary: abeg hw I fit stop dat sound ?
Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by gcey2k(m): 7:33am On Sep 28, 2013
when i was a proud bb user, i thought tecno android was shyte chinko 'home theater' phone. but after 4 months of using just d p3, d next thing on my mind now is to get d Phantom A1... tecno androids are just as good as sansung's, the only drawback being their picture quality. ppl don't laf @ my Tecno cos i don't give them d chance. give me one reason y i shouldn't use ma tecno android and get a thousand opposite reasons. i flaunt mine in public since i know the value it gives me. i don't need anyone to tell me that. the bb users are the ones truly jealous and ashamed now.
and 4 d Samsung users, truly ur phone seems superior cos of brand name and a few things. buh everyone doesn't have dat huge budget.
Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by lolaluv1(f): 7:33am On Sep 28, 2013
I am not ashamed to use my TECNO PHANTOM. HOW can I be ashamed when I bought it with my own hard-earned money?

The name is not covered up and I browse on it wherever I find myself idle, I No send person.

When I wanted to buy it, my colleagues were asking why I couldn't buy Samsung. But What's the sense in spending 90k plus on a phone when I can get another for 35k that could do virtually what the other does?

Because I'm a proud user of my phone anywhere I go, I've had a lot of different reactions. But one notable one was at a get together where an acquaintance saw me with it and as I showed him the different features , he praised 'Samsung’ for building such a wonderful phone. He admired and admired it. He looked at the picture resolution and other features, all the while just praising Samsung. I was just laughing. As he made to walk away, I had to tell him the phone was TECHNO. He walked away quietly.

As far as I'm concerned, people are just chasing names. Make una keep chasing names, una hear? While I do something valuable with the money I saved from not buying a 90k phone.

5 Likes

Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by huseinhad(m): 7:35am On Sep 28, 2013
9ja mentality, bcoz techno is cheap they are ashame of using it in public. if you are this rich in buying costly things why are we complainin of the politician embezzlement, lack of job, n increase in the prize of comodity wen all we appreciate is higher price with lesser value n not otherwise.Nonsense! as for me techno is d best for now in: quality, good price tag, durability, etc. am proud of the product.
Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by puppy2k(m): 7:35am On Sep 28, 2013
kpofkpof: Now I'm in a dilema.

I work with one of the new generation banks and my monthly take home(NET) is 375,000. I have been toying with the idea of changing my Nokia phone, I have used it for over 5years and it's beginning to give me problems becos I'm fond of dropping my phones easily. The screen is broken and I have changed that screen twice before.

Before I got that Nokia, I had always been a samsung person. Now when I saw the S4, I fell in love with it and decided to get it. On my way to Slot, I met a colleague while in traffic at computer village, we parked and got gisting. I told him I wanted to get an S4, you won't believe this colleague who currently uses an S4 advised me to save my money and get a tecno phantom A+. I hv never heard nor seen the phone before!

I became confused. He was of the opinion that they do the same thing- that if he were to buy now, he will pick Tecno over the S4. I went a step ahead and spoke to one of the engineers at slot and he confirmed that they do the same thing. According to him, the disadvantage of Tecno is that it already has the 'chinko' stigma as can be verified in this thread and it doesn't have warranty unlike the samsung S4.

Now I'm more confused. Please can someone just advise me on the phone to buy stating his/her reasons.

NO WARRANTY ? ? ? ..NA WA OOO

Thank you
Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by adsonstone: 7:36am On Sep 28, 2013
The fact that Tecno as a brand is not on Gsmarena, the specs of all her products cannot be trusted. #my opinion.

Though when I see guys with Tecno products, I'm like, 'Ure coming up(only if he's someone close)'
Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by Cholison(m): 7:37am On Sep 28, 2013
Techno is awesome take it leave it the browsing and battery life is fantastic. In Nigeria people are swayed by brand names but for me the end justifies the means. Where is BB today they are going under, Nokia is being rescued by Microsoft. Techno all the way and I am proud of their products.
Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by Hassanjj(m): 7:37am On Sep 28, 2013
coolat least kcee used the phone in his Limpopo video and other celebrities

am proud to b#teamtecno[/quote]
Who is kaycee? Or did u mean Hay Cee ;Dat least kcee used the phone in his Limpopo video and other celebrities

am proud to b#teamtecno[/quote]
Who is kaycee? Or did u mean Hay Cee
Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by Nobody: 7:37am On Sep 28, 2013
Lol... Can't stop laughing... #teamtecno? E no even rhyme!
Men are different frim boys jor!
Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by phenomz: 7:38am On Sep 28, 2013
na tecno? 'yes' o boi tecno don imorove o bt na stil chinko, i no fit use am.
Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by yetunsbay(m): 7:39am On Sep 28, 2013
lola.luv:
I am not ashamed to use my TECNO PHANTOM. HOW can I be ashamed when I bought it with my own hard-earned money?

The name is not covered up and I browse on it wherever I find myself idle, I No send person.

When I wanted to buy it, my colleagues were asking why I couldn't buy Samsung. But What's the sense in spending 90k plus on a phone when I can get another for 35k that could do virtually what the other does?

Because I'm a proud user of my phone anywhere I go, I've had a lot of different reactions. But one notable one was at a get together where an acquaintance saw me with it and as I showed him the different features , he praised 'Samsung’ for building such a wonderful phone. He admired and admired it. He looked at the picture resolution and other features, all the while just praising Samsung. I was just laughing. As he made to walk away, I had to tell him the phone was TECHNO. He walked away quietly.

As far as I'm concerned, people are just chasing names. Make una keep chasing names, una hear? While I do something valuable with the money I saved from not buying a 90k phone.
even in 9ja of 2day buying a 90k phone is BEING FRUGAL
Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by ibietela2(m): 7:42am On Sep 28, 2013
puppy2k:

CARRY SAMSUNG S4 TOAST BABE ..THEN CARRY TECNO A+ TOAST BABE ..MAKE YOU SEF TAKE YOUR YION EYE SEE THE DIFFERENCE ..THEN AFTER TALK ..WE GO LISTEN ...

This is the only thing you have been saying....... I don't think you can even afford to buy a Chinese used S2

1 Like

Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by adaye: 7:43am On Sep 28, 2013
fabulousfortune: I get ashamed too o. Maybe i go use dis sticker thingy sef!

These kind of comments stem from a lack of confidence. What does it matter if it is techno or lg or whatever. Does it suit or needs? Is it reliable? I currently use an n9 as my tab alongside a HTC jetstream and a phantom f7 alongside my lg optimus vu for telephony and am equally proud of both sets. In fact after the lovely experience with my techno devices and in depth handling of the infinix alpha I am going that route all the way.

Phones are not status symbols dude. U can only use a phone to impress shallow people.

Over and out.

3 Likes

Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by puppy2k(m): 7:43am On Sep 28, 2013
[quote author=puppy2k][/quote]

NO BE SMALL TIN OOO
Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by Goldenheart(m): 7:43am On Sep 28, 2013
I use phantom pad. n ppl be like is that iPad. I will say no. it phantom pad. n them be like wow.... I need to get me one of those.
Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by adsonstone: 7:44am On Sep 28, 2013
kpofkpof: Now I'm in a dilema.

I work with one of the new generation banks and my monthly take home(NET) is 375,000. I have been toying with the idea of changing my Nokia phone, I have used it for over 5years and it's beginning to give me problems becos I'm fond of dropping my phones easily. The screen is broken and I have changed that screen twice before.

Before I got that Nokia, I had always been a samsung person. Now when I saw the S4, I fell in love with it and decided to get it. On my way to Slot, I met a colleague while in traffic at computer village, we parked and got gisting. I told him I wanted to get an S4, you won't believe this colleague who currently uses an S4 advised me to save my money and get a tecno phantom A+. I hv never heard nor seen the phone before!

I became confused. He was of the opinion that they do the same thing- that if he were to buy now, he will pick Tecno over the S4. I went a step ahead and spoke to one of the engineers at slot and he confirmed that they do the same thing. According to him, the disadvantage of Tecno is that it already has the 'chinko' stigma as can be verified in this thread and it doesn't have warranty unlike the samsung S4.

Now I'm more confused. Please can someone just advise me on the phone to buy stating his/her reasons.

Thank you

My opinion: Go for the samsung galaxy s4 since that's what you want and you have the money.
I see your colleague's advice as 'trying to pull u back# not wanting you to get to where he is.
Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by Ayooze(m): 7:47am On Sep 28, 2013
Guys i dont know y u should be ashamed of wat u have. Tecno is giving us wat alot cant afford to buy yet u feel ashamed. Fone na fr shakara no naija ni? Even d richest ppl in the world dont use d most xpensive fone
Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by ibietela2(m): 7:47am On Sep 28, 2013
lakesguy: Techno' nah wah ooo' we dey look for smfin good insyd soup' pomo too dey show face' wonders shall never seize' I rather buy an original fairly used fone than to go for a new techno fone' wetin! If you knw fones very well' yhu will knw technos are just tryin to imitate' talkin about originality' graphics' sound production' OS' dey no get mouth' dey just dey try ni jare' I think techno is just for people that can't afford to get good fones and wanna feel among' abeg, I noo dey insult anybody oooo' make I run go out bfor pple start bitin me'

#team galazy

After you will come here to abuse people who bought brand new phone that one has used??
Re: What Do People Say About Your TECNO Phone? by puppy2k(m): 7:48am On Sep 28, 2013
ibietela2:

This is the only thing you have been saying....... I don't think you can even afford to buy a Chinese used S2

GUY NA YOU NO FIT ROCK S2... I SURE SAY NA CHINA BRANDED YOU GO DEY USE . NO BE SAY NA MOUTH . I DON DEY ROCK SAMSUNG GALAXY PHONES SINCE IN THE LAST 4 YEARS AND I DEY LIVE THROUGH IT ALL WELLA ...MAKE I BEGIN NAME THE GALAXY BRANDS WEY I DON ROCK ? ? ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Is There Any Way Of Contacting Mtn Customer Care Since 180 Is Not Working / Glittery Phone Case Leaves Injury On South African Lady's Leg (Disturbing Pics) / Today Is Black Friday! Share Your Online Shopping Experience Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.