Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,331 members, 7,819,135 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? (10020 Views)

Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin / The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil / Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by noblefada: 5:29pm On Sep 29, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

wisdom ya. Christ to me is consciousness something like Ori as in Orisa or tao or buddha. So ya we are on same page.

The ish is jesus you bringing into it
what do u mean by the Jesus I'm bringing into it?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by noblefada: 5:32pm On Sep 29, 2013
@Plaeton I've asked u this question before and I'll ask u again, don't you think it is illogical for you to try and explain the bible the way you just did and have been doing since its clearly states its foolishness to you?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by plaetton: 5:37pm On Sep 29, 2013
noblefada: @Plaeton I've asked u this question before and I'll ask u again, don't you think it is illogical for you to try and explain the bible the way you just did and have been doing since its clearly states its foolishness to you?

That's a moronic question that you know does not deserve an answer.

Do my posts pinch or prick a certain previously unused and unknown part of your brain?

The fact is that you do not understand your bible, probably have never read it, and it embarrasses you when a non-sunday school person puts things in standard english for you.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:38pm On Sep 29, 2013
noblefada:
what do u mean by the Jesus I'm bringing into it?

You said the tree of life is Jesus. Your explaination not tangible for it to be accepted
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by noblefada: 6:06pm On Sep 29, 2013
plaetton:

That's a moronic question that you know does not deserve an answer.

Do my posts pinch or prick a certain previously unused and unknown part of your brain?

The fact is that you do not understand your bible, probably have never read it, and it embarrasses you when a non-sunday school person puts things in standard english for you.
How can I be embarrassed by you, when the bible clearly says its foolishness to you? Let tell u, on like other xtians I've studied by bible well and I still studying, bin seeing a lot of ur posts and there are due to ignorance of the scriptures, if only u were willingly to learn, I would have explained things to you. But again what makes u think you know the bible very well since its clearly states they're foolishness to you or should quote the scriptures?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by plaetton: 6:11pm On Sep 29, 2013
noblefada:
How can I be embarrassed by you, when the bible clearly says its foolishness to you? Let tell u, on like other xtians I've studied by bible well and I still studying, bin seeing a lot of ur posts and there are due to ignorance of the scriptures, if only u were willingly to learn, I would have explained things to you. But again what makes u think you know the bible very well since its clearly states they're foolishness to you or should quote the scriptures?

Honestly , my most embarrassing moments on Nl are when I find myself exchanging posts with people who have as much mental agility as a loaf of bread .
You have no idea how completely embarrassed I am.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by noblefada: 6:13pm On Sep 29, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

You said the tree of life is Jesus. Your explaination not tangible for it to be accepted
For God sake it's not suppose to be tangible, you ask questions about an illogical book but expect a tangible answer, it cannot work, that's the dilemma non believers will have. He that's has the son has eternal life.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:46pm On Sep 29, 2013
noblefada:
For God sake it's not suppose to be tangible, you ask questions about an illogical book but expect a tangible answer, it cannot work, that's the dilemma non believers will have. He that's has the son has eternal life.

lol. As if maggot has stop eaten corpse of christians.

There are some sense in nonsense. I love some christ teaching like love, charity and respect for authority....other is BS
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by noblefada: 7:13pm On Sep 29, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

lol. As if maggot has stop eaten corpse of christians.

There are some sense in nonsense. I love some christ teaching like love, charity and respect for authority....other is BS
Then pls stop using ur opinion to explain or seeking for logical explanations since they are BS to you!
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by danbdavid: 9:45pm On Sep 29, 2013
D tree of life is JESUS CHRIST
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by zivility: 11:37pm On Sep 29, 2013
Firstly the whole account of the garden of eden is a revelation - nobody was there to tell d story! Moses received it as a revelation, like the book of revelations. Therefore it is understandable to see that Adam is a reference to 'male' (not a single person) and Eve to female. From here you can see that a revelation as such is a highly spiritual illustration.

The Tree of Life is pure living Truth emanating from The Lord all-mighty. When found it sustains and leads to everlasting life in paradise.

Jesus said I am the way, the truth and the Life
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by Youngzedd(m): 12:46pm On Sep 30, 2013
ashybabs: while some totaly missed the point, going totaly out of context, i think youngzedd was closest to the answer giving us the precise scripture where the answer to this ingenious question. alas he gave us no explanation.
in my humble opinion the tree of life is as it connotes "Immortality". having eaten the fruit of knowledge being able to discern between good and evil, and inn totality the acquisition of wisdom. we had become like God in part (Genesis 3:22 The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil.) eating of the second tree would have made us gods, i.e having not just the power to discern (wisdom) but also immortality. (Genesis 3:23 He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.)
so by deduction of the scriptures above we can learn that the tree of life, is that of immortality, we can cheer thoes that related it to the Saviour because he in fact brings us to brace with eternal life. But objectively the tree of life is that which would have brought immortality to mankind.

Yeah, according to the scripture the path to the tree of life is guarded. That tree is immortality which if Adam and Eve ate then, they would have been completely immortal.

Now, my question is who made that tree?
I mean who planted the tree?

That "also" on the scripture shows that some beings has been eating and also have access to it.

He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.”
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by Youngzedd(m): 12:53pm On Sep 30, 2013
noblefada:
Sorry but u're so so wrong! The tree of life is simply Christ Jesus.

Nawaaaa.

This is the beginning bro, Adam and Eve was restricted from eating the tree and the path to the tree is guarded.
Now, was Jesus restricted from us?
" 24 After he drove the man out, he placed on the east side[a] of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life. "

The main thing we do not know which has been hidden from mankind is where exactly the tree is located and if it still exist till now.

The tree is immortality.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by Youngzedd(m): 1:22pm On Sep 30, 2013
@OP
Even till next life, you can explain why that happened and where the tree is.

In conclusion, leave those stuff and do the right thing always
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by Ayomivic(m): 6:52pm On Sep 30, 2013
FOLYKAZE: Took a glance through the bible this morning, I was stucked exactly at Genesis 2:9, i read little further to Genesis 3:22-24 where 'tree of life was mention. The first bible verse stated that God planted the tree alongside tree of knowledge while the second verse state that God removed the tree for man to search for it.

What exactly is this tree? Where is the tree at present? Is it literal or symbolic?

It is obvious that you didn't understand the verses you read in Bible. What you posted above is not what is in bible. The bible did not say God remove the tree of life for us to search. You added to it.

This is what Genesis 2;9 mean. It means that God grew many tree that are good to be looking and good for food in the garden of Eden. Among all those tree there were also tree of life and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

the tree of life is a whole tree on its own.

the tree of knowledge of good and evil is another tree on his own. So the bible is talking about two different tree in that verse.

You said what is tree of life ? The tree of life is a tree that grow and have it edible fruit like fruit of knowledge of good and evil. It is not symbol at all.

Adam and Eve hate the fruit of knowlege of good and evil and their eye were opened .they know what is good and bad but they were sent away before they could eat of fruit of life. That is what Genesis 3:22 says.

in similarity with this the book of Revelation tells us that anybody that make it to heaven will be the people that will eat of tree of life and they will live for ever .Revelation 2:7
with Revelation 2:7 Jesus is not tree of life.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by Ayomivic(m): 7:43pm On Sep 30, 2013
FOLYKAZE: Many christians are been played in churches and only few took time to read bible on their own. To understand the term called tree of life, we need to take a step forward unto another verses in bible for us to understand what specifically it speaking about instead of building our tales from pastor on it.

Proverbs 4:5-9
King James Version (KJV)
5 Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth.
6 Forsake her not, and she shall preserve thee: love her, and she shall keep thee.
7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.
8 Exalt her, and she shall promote thee: she shall bring thee to honour, when thou dost embrace her.
9 She shall give to thine head an ornament of grace: a crown of glory shall she deliver to thee.

We should understand here that wisdom and understanding is referred to as she....little further

Proverbs 3:18
King James Version (KJV)
18 She is a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her: and happy is every one that retaineth her.

Proverbs 4:13
King James Version (KJV)
13 Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she is thy life.

Proverbs 4:22-24
King James Version (KJV)
22 For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.

There is no any tree anywhere or any Jesus that is tree. The tree of life is wisdom that giveth life, health and happiness. You find wisdom and other things shall be added unto you. It not in afterlife....stop making pastor feed on your ignorance.
what is wisdom? How/ where can ì find wisdom?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:49pm On Sep 30, 2013
Ayomivic:
what is wisdom? How/ where can ì find wisdom?

Seek your brain
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by Ayomivic(m): 8:10pm On Sep 30, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

What brought my mum here? Are you silly?

Where did I mentioned that im not sure to be atheist? Are you blind?

Who is a gal? You mad?

Im not stopping anybody from not believeing whatever he/she want to belief. I rub mind with buddhist, satanist, muslim, christian and anybody. Thats what make life. I tend to know not to belief. Go eat that brat

If you are not a christian pls stop interpreting scripture wrongly. Why, must you explain what you don't understand?

pls stop it .it can mislead people.

iam afraid, you are not a christian because you are ignorant of truth.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by Ayomivic(m): 8:17pm On Sep 30, 2013
Dieu_merci: The tree of life refers to an eternal life in God's presence.

Revelation 2:7 NIV
Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.

Revelation 22:2 NIV
down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.

Revelation 22:14 NIV
“Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city.

from what you wrote here the tree of life is not an enternal life but it gives enternal life.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:56pm On Sep 30, 2013
Ayomivic:

If you are not a christian pls stop interpreting scripture wrongly. Why, must you explain what you don't understand?

pls stop it .it can mislead people.

iam afraid, you are not a christian because you are ignorant of truth.

ex-christian. Are you cool with that?

If I cant read bible cuz im not christian, I wonder how you going to preach to me without bible. Could that me eating your lies without doing like the thessalonian that check the scripture everyday to confirm the message received?

The bible pages should serve well in toilet. Your choice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money / All Possible Quiz Questions From The Bible Book Of Joshua / Pastorpreneurs part I. The Church Businessmen Exposed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.