Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,829 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? (10022 Views)

Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin / The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil / Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by Dieumerci(m): 12:45pm On Sep 29, 2013
The tree of life refers to an eternal life in God's presence.

Revelation 2:7 NIV
Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.

Revelation 22:2 NIV
down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.

Revelation 22:14 NIV
“Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:52pm On Sep 29, 2013
mcfynest:

didnt mean to hurt u dear....am realy sorry if i hurt u by mentioning MUM,that wasnt how i meant it.... and i gave you an answer, why didnt look into that?

chai....gay full everywhere. Im not your dear.

Your reply was more likely like mine. I dont subscribe to word....wisdom do that for me.

I love calling the topic 'bible philosophy'

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by prof800(m): 1:01pm On Sep 29, 2013
obadiah777: good question directed at you. where is the tree ?
Yehhh...I swear I only stole the chicken.
I did not know that there was a tree near it..
so how would I have stolen the tree?
Me are no know ooo..
not me..not me..!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by titilayo1993(f): 1:01pm On Sep 29, 2013
The tree of life means THE LOVE OF GOD
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by mcfynest(m): 1:12pm On Sep 29, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

chai....gay full everywhere. Im not your dear.

Your reply was more likely like mine. I dont subscribe to word....wisdom do that for me.

I love calling the topic 'bible philosophy'

hey.....who are you to judge gay people YOU ARE A GIRL, WOMAN, LADY......YOUR NAME IS FOLAKEMI OLAKIJA
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by searay(m): 1:30pm On Sep 29, 2013
What's the Botanical name of this tree in question
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by ashybabs(m): 1:33pm On Sep 29, 2013
while some totaly missed the point, going totaly out of context, i think youngzedd was closest to the answer giving us the precise scripture where the answer to this ingenious question. alas he gave us no explanation.
in my humble opinion the tree of life is as it connotes "Immortality". having eaten the fruit of knowledge being able to discern between good and evil, and in totality the acquisition of wisdom. we had become like God in part (Genesis 3:22 The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil.) eating of the second tree would have made us gods, i.e having not just the power to discern (wisdom) but also immortality. (Genesis 3:23 He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.)
so by deduction of the scriptures above we can learn that the tree of life, is that of immortality, we can cheer thoes that related it to the Saviour because he in fact brings us to brace with eternal life. But objectively the tree of life is that which would have brought immortality to mankind.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by emmabest2000(m): 1:58pm On Sep 29, 2013
FOLYKAZE: Took a glance through the bible this morning, I was stucked exactly at Genesis 2:9, i read little further to Genesis 3:22-24 where 'tree of life was mention. The first bible verse stated that God planted the tree alongside tree of knowledge while the second verse state that God removed the tree for man to search for it.

What exactly is this tree? Where is the tree at present? Is it literal or symbolic?
Jamb Question grin
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:59pm On Sep 29, 2013
mcfynest:

hey.....who are you to judge gay people YOU ARE A GIRL, WOMAN, LADY......YOUR NAME IS FOLAKEMI OLAKIJA

CIA....fake person.

IM NOT FOLAKEMI OLAKIJA. Where do you get that from?

Chai....I smell you tracking wrong person. Keep that on.

Person no safe for terrorist hand
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by britneykyute(f): 2:00pm On Sep 29, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

How is Jesus a tree?

Mind backing your point with bible pls
Dah he said Jesus is a tree dosen't necessarily mean d kinda tree yhua brain is finkin...
I guess yhu'll also ask 'hw is Jesus a bread'
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:03pm On Sep 29, 2013
britneykyute:
Dah he said Jesus is a tree dosen't necessarily mean d kinda tree yhua brain is finkin...
I guess yhu'll also ask 'hw is Jesus a bread'

I wonder why explanation for something turns to insult.

Everybody know about bread and it meaning. Explain how jesus is tree
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Sep 29, 2013
It is the Cross of Calvary, which literally is an embodiment of the Gospel.
Curious to know that in Genesis, God prevented Adam from touching it but in Revelation, Jesus promised to give it to those that have overcome. The difference is His Death and Resurrection. Had Adam touched it, man would have lived forever in a corrupt state. For man, it is the tree of Life but for Jesus, it is the tree of death.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by write2obi(m): 2:49pm On Sep 29, 2013
obadiah777: you are an atheist and yet you are quoting from the bible ? see i always knew you was a double minded man. you do know what scriptures say about a double minded man right ?

james 1 vs 8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways. << you are an unstable fellow grin grin
Sire you don't take cheap shots, do ya?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by kodred(m): 2:50pm On Sep 29, 2013
if only adam had eaten from dat tree of life sef............slowpoke
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by write2obi(m): 2:55pm On Sep 29, 2013
FOLYKAZE, Obidiah777 you guys should calm the fvck down, Sire you don't have to do this
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:00pm On Sep 29, 2013
write2obi: FOLYKAZE, Obidiah777 you guys should calm the fvck down, Sire you don't have to do this

Im down on that. Wad up bro.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by britneykyute(f): 3:44pm On Sep 29, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

I wonder why explanation for something turns to insult.

Everybody know about bread and it meaning. Explain how jesus is tree

Insults ke?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by binarybambam(m): 3:47pm On Sep 29, 2013
coolnice
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 29, 2013
write2obi:
Sire you don't take cheap shots, do ya?
lmao me and that gaddem heathen FOLYKAZE have that kinda relationship. he takes cheap shots at me any opportunity he gets. grin
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by noblefada: 3:57pm On Sep 29, 2013
FOLYKAZE: Many christians are been played in churches and only few took time to read bible on their own. To understand the term called tree of life, we need to take a step forward unto another verses in bible for us to understand what specifically it speaking about instead of building our tales from pastor on it.

Proverbs 4:5-9
King James Version (KJV)
5 Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth.
6 Forsake her not, and she shall preserve thee: love her, and she shall keep thee.
7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.
8 Exalt her, and she shall promote thee: she shall bring thee to honour, when thou dost embrace her.
9 She shall give to thine head an ornament of grace: a crown of glory shall she deliver to thee.

We should understand here that wisdom and understanding is referred to as she....little further

Proverbs 3:18
King James Version (KJV)
18 She is a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her: and happy is every one that retaineth her.

Proverbs 4:13
King James Version (KJV)
13 Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she is thy life.

Proverbs 4:22-24
King James Version (KJV)
22 For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.

There is no any tree anywhere or any Jesus that is tree. The tree of life is wisdom that giveth life, health and happiness. You find wisdom and other things shall be added unto you. It not in afterlife....stop making pastor feed on your ignorance.
Sorry but u're so so wrong! The tree of life is simply Christ Jesus.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:12pm On Sep 29, 2013
noblefada:
Sorry but u're so so wrong! The tree of life is simply Christ Jesus.

Correct me if im. Not telling me im wrong without providing reason why
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by Nmeri17: 4:24pm On Sep 29, 2013
This should not be yo priority. Make heaven first. You'll have all of eternity to ask and get answers from God himself
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by noblefada: 4:36pm On Sep 29, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Correct me if im. Not telling me im wrong without providing reason why
There are a lot of scriptures and I believe some I've already been quoted. But let me add some Rev 2:7 KJV He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God. And also Rev 22.
Joh 10:27-28 "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
But talking s deeper look at your post you're kind of right, because the wisdom in Proverbs were referring to Christ. Mat 12:42 KJV The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for she came from the uttermost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:47pm On Sep 29, 2013
noblefada:
There are a lot of scriptures and I believe some I've already been quoted. But let me add some Rev 2:7 KJV He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God. And also Rev 22.
Joh 10:27-28 "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
But talking s deeper look at your post you're kind of right, because the wisdom in Proverbs were referring to Christ. Mat 12:42 KJV The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for she came from the uttermost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here.

You still dont show me what tree of life is in that context. All I see is that it mentioned tree of life
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by noblefada: 4:52pm On Sep 29, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

You still dont show me what tree of life is in that context. All I see is that it mentioned tree of life
@folkaze I admire ur openness even if ur not a xtian, the tree of figurative for Christ, just as him being the bread of life, the vine, the way, the word and wisdom, this is another quotation but buttress my point earlier of him being the wisdom in Proverbs; 1Co 1:3 KJV But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: You will see this all over the scriptures, that's why its only by the HS we can get a complete understanding of the scriptures.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by Iruolycious(f): 4:52pm On Sep 29, 2013
Jfactor: Jesus was referred 2 as 'tree of life', but He is not the Tree of life created in Genesis. Adam & Eve 'ate' from d 'tree of knowledge' and died spiritually. jesus came to restore life and clear our adamic sin, hence Jesus was physical on earth. the tree of life was removed by the flood, so was that tree of knowledge too. in summary, tree of life was very feelable as any tree in d garden, gbam! end of talk
How did dey die spiritually? Did d Bible tell u that? God said d day dey ate from the tree they would die. He wasn't talking spiritually but physically. Remember that a day 2 God is 1000 years. Both Adam and Eve died b4 1000 years so they died on that same same day physically!
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:58pm On Sep 29, 2013
noblefada:
@folkaze I admire ur openness even if ur not a xtian, the tree of figurative for Christ, just as him being the bread of life, the vine, the way, the word and wisdom, this is another quotation but buttress my point earlier of him being the wisdom in Proverbs; 1Co 1:3 KJV But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: You will see this all over the scriptures, that's why its only by the HS we can get a complete understanding of the scriptures.

Review my response to this issue. It explained it better
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by noblefada: 4:59pm On Sep 29, 2013
Iruolycious: How did dey die spiritually? Did d Bible tell u that? God said d day dey ate from the tree they would die. He wasn't talking spiritually but physically. Remember that a day 2 God is 1000 years. Both Adam and Eve died b4 1000 years so they died on that same same day physically!
He first died spiritually (separation) which eventually led to his physical death, read Romans 6,7 & 8, and Ephesian 2:1 you who had he quickened who were dead in trespasses and sins
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by noblefada: 5:00pm On Sep 29, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Review my response to this issue. It explained it better
Is it the one on wisdom? It was still pointing to Christ.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by plaetton: 5:04pm On Sep 29, 2013
FOLYKAZE: Many christians are been played in churches and only few took time to read bible on their own. To understand the term called tree of life, we need to take a step forward unto another verses in bible for us to understand what specifically it speaking about instead of building our tales from pastor on it.

Proverbs 4:5-9
King James Version (KJV)
5 Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth.
6 Forsake her not, and she shall preserve thee: love her, and she shall keep thee.
7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.
8 Exalt her, and she shall promote thee: she shall bring thee to honour, when thou dost embrace her.
9 She shall give to thine head an ornament of grace: a crown of glory shall she deliver to thee.

We should understand here that wisdom and understanding is referred to as she....little further

Proverbs 3:18
King James Version (KJV)
18 She is a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her: and happy is every one that retaineth her.

Proverbs 4:13
King James Version (KJV)
13 Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she is thy life.

Proverbs 4:22-24
King James Version (KJV)
22 For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.

There is no any tree anywhere or any Jesus that is tree. The tree of life is wisdom that giveth life, health and happiness. You find wisdom and other things shall be added unto you. It not in afterlife....stop making pastor feed on your ignorance.

Yes.
Not just wisdom, but and an infinite consciousness.

There have been many different interpretations of the tree of life symbolism.

I look at it in the context of DNA manipulation.

I believe that first set of human were made semi-conscious, zombi-like slaves. The bible says as much that Adam(human) was created to till soil(a slave).
Man was a custom-made slave, in the same way we have have robots in industrial assembly lines.

The serpent( the other factional set of the Elohim) altered the status quo by further manipulation of human DNA to give Adam(human) full consciousness, full awareness. Adam(human) was now fully aware of himself and his environment(his unclothedness), knowing good and evil . That was the forbidden fruit.

With full consciousness, the Adam(human) now seemed a threat to the Elohim.

To forestall further tinkering by the Serpent(Rival God) the Elohim rendered most of Adam's DNA junk in order that Adam(human) may never reach their full conscious and intellectual potential that would have included complete unity and harmony with the singularity as well as extreme longevity. This would have been the tree of life. Infinite knowledge of the mystery of life similar to what the gods had.

So, it is very easy to see why the Elohim did not want Adam (human)to have this tree of life, having already tasted the tree of knowledge of good and evil(full consciousness).

From that moment, Adam (human) became a big headache for the gods, and had to be stripped of his many Genetic abilities, a dumbing down of the human mind , so to speak.

The Tower of Babel incident was another obvious case where human ingenuity and potential became a great source of concern for Reigning gods of the earth.

My opinion is that the serpent symbolism and human DNA are linked.

In all cultures, serpents are the most worshipped of all creatures, and has always been associated with wisdom, healing , regeneration and completeness.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life? by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:06pm On Sep 29, 2013
noblefada:
Is it the one on wisdom? It was still pointing to Christ.

wisdom ya. Christ to me is consciousness something like Ori as in Orisa or tao or buddha. So ya we are on same page.

The ish is jesus you bringing into it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? / All Possible Quiz Questions From The Bible Book Of Joshua / Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.