Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Why Is African Traditional Religion Seen As Demonic? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is African Traditional Religion Seen As Demonic? (9206 Views)

Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion / Flesh Eater, Demonic Prostitute Exposed In Lagos Crusade(pics). / Smart Phones Are Demonic: A Nairalanders Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is African Traditional Religion Seen As Demonic? by alanmwene: 6:37pm On Nov 01, 2013
alnaijiri:

Ok, I see you raised two issues.

One, I don't think you read what I said when I said what constituted the pagan mindset in Africans: dependence on superstition and abandoning logic and rigorous scholarship. This certainly is prevalent in African cultures and is a big reason why the continent today is behind in human development. No argument about that.

Two, Islam (as passed down by Muhammad (peace be upon him), his companions, and the sages of Islam over the centuries) have a respect for women that is unmatched by other civilisations.

Women are in many cases more important than men in Islam. Islam has many rules to protect the rights of women, not to infringe upon them.

The forced marriages to children is regional and is against the teachings of Islam. I don't want to go in more details, but I want to say that in Islam (not the cultures that have many Muslims), marriages must be consensual. Even when young girls are married, the marriage cannot be consummated until the girl is physically ready. All other ways are against the ways of Islam.

In fact, in the laws concerning marriage, the husband is the one who has a DUTY to satisfy the wife whenever SHE wishes, but the wife has no corresponding duty to satisfy her husband's needs. I'd think that most Africans would say that Islam gives too many rights to women.

Lets forget about Africa:Name a single muslim country which is at par with pagan japan or south corea!
You claim things without backing them up!So according to you islam has more respect for women than any civilization in the world?Are you high on something?Ancient Egypt and kush had many famous queens (tiye,cleopatra,nefertit,etc ...)who ruled the empire like kings.Can you name 3 famous muslim queens?If you respect women so much,why don't you let them wear what they want to wear instead of forcing them to cover themselves up from head to toes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNgvbuRdcT0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF70l7FjxtI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHhUUnYh1Sg
Re: Why Is African Traditional Religion Seen As Demonic? by mazaje(m): 6:46pm On Nov 01, 2013
alnaijiri:

Even so, Asian societies are harshly unequal, cruel, and unjust. They could do much better with the morality of Islam. But I'm African, and I'd like to focus my energy on the propagation of Islam in Africa.

And islamic societies are equal, kind and just?. . .Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Egypt, Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Morocco, Indonesia, Syria, Sudan, Somalia, Mauritania, northern Nigeria etc The above mentioned Asian countries are much better than the listed islamic countries . . .The reality we see around does not support any of the things you are spewing here, when you mention islam today all that comes to the mind of the average non muslim is death and violence. . .Islam has failed Africa and has nothing to offer it in reality. . .

1 Like

Re: Why Is African Traditional Religion Seen As Demonic? by mazaje(m): 6:54pm On Nov 01, 2013
alanmwene:
Lets forget about Africa:Name a single muslim country which is at par with pagan japan or south corea!
You claim things without backing them up!So according to you islam has more respect for women than any civilization in the world?Are you high on something?Ancient Egypt and kush had many famous queens (tiye,cleopatra,nefertit,etc ...)who ruled the empire like kings.Can you name 3 famous muslim queens?If you respect women so much,why don't you let them wear what they want to wear instead of forcing them to cover themselves up from head to toes?

I wonder why this muslim propagandist keep spewing things that have nothing to do with reality. . . Islam respect women when the same islam gives men the right to beat up their women. . .The prohet of islam even says that there will be more women than men in hell, islam claims the right of women is half that of men when it comes to inheritance, witness and other things. . .Islam respects women just as north korea is a democratic republic. . .
Re: Why Is African Traditional Religion Seen As Demonic? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 01, 2013
Don't you guys think this "alnaijiri" guy is a waste of time?
For one, he has not made any sense on this thread.
He is misguided.
Re: Why Is African Traditional Religion Seen As Demonic? by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:20pm On Nov 01, 2013
alnaijiri: Did not the people of the Middle East give up their various pagan gods in order to live in the light of Islam?

IGNORANT!

IGNRANCE AT ITS PEAK!

THE "sons of islam" were themselves forcefully converted , bribed and/or forced to follow the trend or face persecution.

After the death of muhammad. Most Bedu Tribals , especially those in modern-day UAE, OMan and Yemen, revolted and instigated the Ridda Wars to restore Paganism.

However they were forcefully crushed by the now powerful Iraq-ized Caliphate.

The real Arabs new the dangers of islam yet they were brutally crushed.
Re: Why Is African Traditional Religion Seen As Demonic? by alnaijiri(m): 7:20pm On Nov 01, 2013
mazaje:

And islamic societies are equal, kind and just?. . .Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Egypt, Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Morocco, Indonesia, Syria, Sudan, Somalia, Mauritania, northern Nigeria etc The above mentioned Asian countries are much better than the listed islamic countries . . .The reality we see around does not support any of the things you are spewing here, when you mention islam today all that comes to the mind of the average non muslim is death and violence. . .Islam has failed Africa and has nothing to offer it in reality. . .

Modern Islamic societies have been corrupted, infiltrated, oppressed, and traumatised that they are largely dysfunctional. I'm not going to compare a country like Somalia or Mauritania with a developed country. This comparison is meaningless and irrelevant.

I'm not saying I want all of Africa to be where Somalia is today, God forbid! I'm talking about the Islamic civilisation at its height, when scholarship, reason, and compassion were respected. When governance was just and according to the Sharia as interpreted by learned scholars, not this farce of "Islamic governments" you see in the Middle East and North Africa today.

Please STOP misrepresenting what I say in order to discredit me. I have tried my best to understand your points and respond to them. Yet those that respond to me, either fail to read my entire post, or ignore it, or take it so out of context as to suggest that I have made asinine claims.
Re: Why Is African Traditional Religion Seen As Demonic? by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:21pm On Nov 01, 2013
alnaijiri:

In the modern age, they have abandoned their religions and look where their society is now. Lack of morality throughout. Low birthrates. Population replacement by immigrants in their own lands.

Those whites have nno tribe/culture. what do you expect?

They were already bad with foreign religion. Now they are better in some areas without it and worse off in others.
Re: Why Is African Traditional Religion Seen As Demonic? by alnaijiri(m): 7:21pm On Nov 01, 2013
mazaje:

I wonder why this muslim propagandist keep spewing things that have nothing to do with reality. . . Islam respect women when the same islam gives men the right to beat up their women. . .The prohet of islam even says that there will be more women than men in hell, islam claims the right of women is half that of men when it comes to inheritance, witness and other things. . .Islam respects women just as north korea is a democratic republic. . .

Maybe if you actually talked to a Muslim family then you'd have a better idea. Reality isn't represented well in the media.
Re: Why Is African Traditional Religion Seen As Demonic? by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:23pm On Nov 01, 2013
alnaijiri:

Paganism is the part of the African mentality that has been keeping us behind as a continent. The light of Islam is needed here, nothing else can shine the light so we can stop groping in the dark.

F00L!

Look what the Light of islam has done to the once GReat Nation of Egypt.

ITs Ancient Pagan Civilization, Culture, Scientific Advancement, Universitites and Learning Centres all destroyed.

Today because of islamic fanaticm and muslim brotherhood, they are licking the mud.
Re: Why Is African Traditional Religion Seen As Demonic? by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:30pm On Nov 01, 2013
alnaijiri:

I'm not making a case of the superiority of Arabs, no! I'm making a case for the Islamic civilisation. Many of the foremost scientists in the early Islamic Nation were non-Arabs, but the key is that those people were able to make these innovations only after conversion to Islam and more importantly, after the establishment of fair legal systems and harmonious societies established by the Islamic government in their respective locales.

You are wrong. Very few were Pure Arabs if any.

When the Xian Europeans burned books in the Middle Ages, the libraries of Islamic Baghdad were the pinnacle of human knowledge and scholarship.

The Iraqi Arabs are not pure Arabs that led the drive of islam and are not of Bedu stock.

Iraq was a Persian Satrap and Iraq mostly consisted of Mesopotamians, Kurds, Syrians and Persians.

You have to realise that the Arabs were a backward, tribal nomadic society prior to Islam, and of course they could not have come up with civlisation to rival those of Persia, India or Egypt. But after the establishment of the Islamic Nation, ancient Greek and Persian ideas were quickly synthesised into Islamic scholarship. Far more than just technical innovations, Islam allowed for great legal innovations that resulted in the most equitable and harmonious society of its size mankind has ever witnessed, far outdoing its predecessors the Greeks, Persians, Egyptians, or the Romans (the latter three were all known to be extremely cruel and had very rigid unequal societies).

They still were a backward , tribal Nomadic society until 50 years back. Do you think Arabia was advanced until the discovery of oil Not in the least.

It was filled with Marauding Desert Tribes.

The innovations hardly affected the Arabs.

BTW, those Asian economic powers you mentioned are NOT pagan in the same sense as African paganism. Confucianism (a non-superstitious religion/system of morality) is deeply rooted there, and promotes a society of loyal relationships as well as hard work. It does not believe in divine intervention nearly as much as African religions, so do not equate the two.

All Chinese by default follow CTR (Chinese Traditional Religion).

Confucionism is an add on religion to it.

Even so, Asian societies are harshly unequal, cruel, and unjust. They could do much better with the morality of Islam. But I'm African, and I'd like to focus my energy on the propagation of Islam in Africa.

Which society?

and its not because of religion.

Pagan religions do not dictate morality.
Re: Why Is African Traditional Religion Seen As Demonic? by alnaijiri(m): 7:42pm On Nov 01, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

You are wrong. Very few were Pure Arabs if any.

The Iraqi Arabs are not pure Arabs that led the drive of islam and are not of Bedu stock.

Iraq was a Persian Satrap and Iraq mostly consisted of Mesopotamians, Kurds, Syrians and Persians.

Wow, reading comprehension fail. I guess the written word is a strange concept to pagans.
Re: Why Is African Traditional Religion Seen As Demonic? by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:46pm On Nov 01, 2013
alnaijiri:

Wow, reading comprehension fail. I guess the written word is a strange concept to pagans.

dude if you have any commonsense, you would realise that the reply was to the next quote.

the point is that islam did nothing of benifit to the Arabs, except that it destoryed their original Religion to some extent and it made them more fanatic.
Re: Why Is African Traditional Religion Seen As Demonic? by mazaje(m): 1:10am On Nov 02, 2013
alnaijiri:

Modern Islamic societies have been corrupted, infiltrated, oppressed, and traumatised that they are largely dysfunctional. I'm not going to compare a country like Somalia or Mauritania with a developed country. This comparison is meaningless and irrelevant.

I'm not saying I want all of Africa to be where Somalia is today, God forbid! I'm talking about the Islamic civilisation at its height, when scholarship, reason, and compassion were respected. When governance was just and according to the Sharia as interpreted by learned scholars, not this farce of "Islamic governments" you see in the Middle East and North Africa today.

Please STOP misrepresenting what I say in order to discredit me. I have tried my best to understand your points and respond to them. Yet those that respond to me, either fail to read my entire post, or ignore it, or take it so out of context as to suggest that I have made asinine claims.

that's the problem i have with you guys, you keep talking about the light of islam and how it is what the world needs, but when we point to islamic lands and the light they show you quickly throw them away and claim they are not practising islam, do you mean to tell em that the whole world is not practising islam the right way? You quickly try to take us back into time, to a period non of us really know what happened just to propagate your islamic propaganda. . .What am i do to with the islamic golden age ruse?. . .Islam has failed humanity because a simple look at the islamic world says so. . .Death, violence, intolerance, suppression, racism etc. . .

1 Like

Re: Why Is African Traditional Religion Seen As Demonic? by MamiWata: 1:51am On Nov 02, 2013
beejaay:

i dont really believe in marriage (cos the meaning is long lost) but i will be very much ready to marry one. the problem is how do i get one??

Where do you live?
Re: Why Is African Traditional Religion Seen As Demonic? by alnaijiri(m): 2:26am On Nov 02, 2013
mazaje:

that's the problem i have with you guys, you keep talking about the light of islam and how it is what the world needs, but when we point to islamic lands and the light they show you quickly throw them away and claim they are not practising islam, do you mean to tell em that the whole world is not practising islam the right way? You quickly try to take us back into time, to a period non of us really know what happened just to propagate your islamic propaganda. . .What am i do to with the islamic golden age ruse?. . .Islam has failed humanity because a simple look at the islamic world says so. . .Death, violence, intolerance, suppression, racism etc. . .

You pose a legitimate question. True, many if not most Islamic societies exhibit terrible dysfunctions, but they also showcase some of the good that Islam can provide: a family structure for children to grow up in, a deeply-rooted sense of shame and duty and above all, a society where people can be stubbornly courageous to fight for their ideals.

These traits that are prominent today are not the only ones promoted by Islam. For in its golden age (clearly documented not only by Islamic historians but also their neighbours), Islam was a force for reason, temperance, and creativity.

These traits coupled with a deep sense of responsibility, morals, and courage is enough to enliven any society.
Re: Why Is African Traditional Religion Seen As Demonic? by wiegraf: 4:59am On Nov 02, 2013
You no try for me. I should be doing other things, but alas, just a peep, and there's so much in here I couldn't help myself...
I will try to keep it simple and limit the nature of subjectivity...I hope

alnaijiri:

You pose a legitimate question. True, many if not most Islamic societies exhibit terrible dysfunctions, but they also showcase some of the good that Islam can provide: a family structure for children to grow up in, a deeply-rooted sense of shame and duty and above all,

Erm, bros, are you telling me islamic cultures are the only ones that provide this. Many others have these, and guess what, without the bolded, or at least to the degree islamic cultures do (they are unavoidable considering subjectivity, but we can at least try).

You do note this has been pointed out to you already (eg far east), yes?

alnaijiri:
a society where people can be stubbornly courageous to fight for their ideals.

What is wrong with you? This is alarmingly myopic on many levels, eg the "my own view of the world is the only valid one". You wouldn't have a problem with apostates if you encouraged people to courageously fight for their ideals, no?? You are the very antithesis of this notion. It's about blow yourselves up (and a few kaffirs) and get yourself 72 virg.ins. Us vs them on steroids. Get in line or suffer the consequences. You breed the ultimate zombies.

I mean really, let's consider long term proof ubiquitous in 9ja but blissfully ignored. Sango, essu, amadohia etc, igbo/yoruba. Cool, now list for me 2 hausa deities from the top of your head, don't google...

Or are you telling me that hausas of pre-islami did not want to fight for their own ideals? Really? Are you telling me that since the subjugation of hausas, others did not try to establish new faiths? Or even other constructs such as new systems of government? You do realize you still use a legal code forged 1400 years ago by some barbarian goat herders? Do you think that's normal??

alnaijiri:
These traits that are prominent today are not the only ones promoted by Islam. For in its golden age (clearly documented not only by Islamic historians but also their neighbours), Islam was a force for reason, temperance, and creativity.

Let me just highlight, clearly, that by using the word "only", you accept that less than desirable traits, eg those of the traditional islamists, are also, validly, islamic (you gain no arguments from me in this regard. good honesty). You do not state they're unislamic, you state they are, just not the best. So it's right to place the blame of these ills squarely at islams's doorstep, yes?

Goot, at least you understand that there are lots of other less than ideal mores promoted by Islam. In fact you concede that "many, if not most" are, in my own words, proper $hit. So, what makes islam superior? This one positive period as opposed to all the other dross we see around? Wouldn't that be more indicative of a....fluke?

And going back to the golden age, cultures are aggregations of memes, building on the old and occasionally introducing new ones, just as new genes are introduced into a gene pool, and eventually new species (or religions/cultures) would be formed. What was successful during the islamic golden age was the culture of enquiry, borrowed from the.....greek. They were directly influenced by greek text they discovered, and built from there. It was greek memes at work there, not islamic ones.

Greek culture is the basis for most of what the modern world considers successful. Xtianity came along with their nonsense, crushed that culture and plunged us into ~1000 of darkness. Suddenly disease was caused by spirits, SHIKENA!! Islam came across the Greek treasure tomb, indulged for a while, but figured out it would rain on its parade eventually. I mean, it had the audacity to feature petty questioning of GOD??!! and rubbishing claims from religion, etc. So Islam did what xtianity did as well a few hundred before then; plunge into it's own (and islamic's default mode) age of darkness. And remains so.

It took, surprise surprise, the rediscovery of hellenistic principles to lift the xtian world from darkness. It took the direct rediscovery of Greek culture (even if via rome's), just as islamic scholars had earlier before they were silenced, to spur the age of enlightenment. Rediscovering the writings of cicero etc, of democracy and reason, etc. Today we enjoy its fruits.

Most of the memes we value today originated in ..... greece. Islam, if anything, crushed this culture. The golden age was a success in spite of islam, not because of it... Proof is visible in today's world, and the default decay that is islamic cultures.

And btw, I'm ignoring persian culture (one the locals are trying to resuscitate, mind you, despite what you hear about khomeinis etc)

alnaijiri:
These traits coupled with a deep sense of responsibility, morals, and courage is enough to enliven any society.

Let's not get far into subjectivity. That's another novel. But really, these your deep morals involve child marriages and spanking your wives (yes, they can't have husbands for some reason, but the males can boss). By the standards of most of the rest of us, those morals are $hit, so I can't see what you're on about. And rabid blind disobedience is nonsensical as well.

ALL CULTURES HAVE MORALS, it's silly to state otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Why Is African Traditional Religion Seen As Demonic? by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:37am On Nov 02, 2013
MamiWata:

Where do you live?

Yeye......you got fishes? Ma bring my hook too?
Re: Why Is African Traditional Religion Seen As Demonic? by macof(m): 10:59am On Nov 02, 2013
Islam is a sick religion. Islamic laws are based on Arab traditions and not any law from God.

Non-arabs shouldn't be muslims.

1 Like

Re: Why Is African Traditional Religion Seen As Demonic? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:06am On Nov 02, 2013
macof: Islam is a sick religion. Islamic laws are based on Arab traditions and not any law from God.

Non-arabs shouldn't be muslims.

Very important point.

and Arabs must reform their religion immediately.
Re: Why Is African Traditional Religion Seen As Demonic? by birdman(m): 2:09pm On Nov 02, 2013
alnaijiri:

You pose a legitimate question. True, many if not most Islamic societies exhibit terrible dysfunctions, but they also showcase some of the good that Islam can provide: a family structure for children to grow up in, a deeply-rooted sense of shame and duty and above all, a society where people can be stubbornly courageous to fight for their ideals.

friend, put the kool aid down
Re: Why Is African Traditional Religion Seen As Demonic? by MamiWata: 2:16pm On Nov 02, 2013
birdman:

friend, put the kool aid down

I think what he's having is significantly stronger than kool-aid and perhaps comes in a pipe or is rolled in paper.
Re: Why Is African Traditional Religion Seen As Demonic? by MamiWata: 2:18pm On Nov 02, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Yeye......you got fishes? Ma bring my hook too?

Are you married? I assume it is rather difficult to find any type of spiritual person who is willing to marry an atheist. Note I'm talking about Africans here not oyinbos.
Re: Why Is African Traditional Religion Seen As Demonic? by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:44pm On Nov 02, 2013
MamiWata:

Are you married? I assume it is rather difficult to find any type of spiritual person who is willing to marry an atheist. Note I'm talking about Africans here not oyinbos.

My galfriend is a good christian. I know how I play my game. Lol

I had to sacrifice my ego and joined her church until I got the hook under her skin. Now, church thing is nothing serious to her again.

Build the programme, access with ease.
Re: Why Is African Traditional Religion Seen As Demonic? by alnaijiri(m): 4:23pm On Nov 02, 2013
wiegraf: You no try for me. I should be doing other things, but alas, just a peep, and there's so much in here I couldn't help myself...
I will try to keep it simple and limit the nature of subjectivity...I hope

Erm, bros, are you telling me islamic cultures are the only ones that provide this. Many others have these, and guess what, without the bolded, or at least to the degree islamic cultures do (they are unavoidable considering subjectivity, but we can at least try).

You do note this has been pointed out to you already (eg far east), yes?

What is wrong with you? This is alarmingly myopic on many levels, eg the "my own view of the world is the only valid one". You wouldn't have a problem with apostates if you encouraged people to courageously fight for their ideals, no?? You are the very antithesis of this notion. It's about blow yourselves up (and a few kaffirs) and get yourself 72 virg.ins. Us vs them on steroids. Get in line or suffer the consequences. You breed the ultimate zombies.

I mean really, let's consider long term proof ubiquitous in 9ja but blissfully ignored. Sango, essu, amadohia etc, igbo/yoruba. Cool, now list for me 2 hausa deities from the top of your head, don't google...

Or are you telling me that hausas of pre-islami did not want to fight for their own ideals? Really? Are you telling me that since the subjugation of hausas, others did not try to establish new faiths? Or even other constructs such as new systems of government? You do realize you still use a legal code forged 1400 years ago by some barbarian goat herders? Do you think that's normal??

Let me just highlight, clearly, that by using the word "only", you accept that less than desirable traits, eg those of the traditional islamists, are also, validly, islamic (you gain no arguments from me in this regard. good honesty). You do not state they're unislamic, you state they are, just not the best. So it's right to place the blame of these ills squarely at islams's doorstep, yes?

Goot, at least you understand that there are lots of other less than ideal mores promoted by Islam. In fact you concede that "many, if not most" are, in my own words, proper $hit. So, what makes islam superior? This one positive period as opposed to all the other dross we see around? Wouldn't that be more indicative of a....fluke?

And going back to the golden age, cultures are aggregations of memes, building on the old and occasionally introducing new ones, just as new genes are introduced into a gene pool, and eventually new species (or religions/cultures) would be formed. What was successful during the islamic golden age was the culture of enquiry, borrowed from the.....greek. They were directly influenced by greek text they discovered, and built from there. It was greek memes at work there, not islamic ones.

Greek culture is the basis for most of what the modern world considers successful. Xtianity came along with their nonsense, crushed that culture and plunged us into ~1000 of darkness. Suddenly disease was caused by spirits, SHIKENA!! Islam came across the Greek treasure tomb, indulged for a while, but figured out it would rain on its parade eventually. I mean, it had the audacity to feature petty questioning of GOD??!! and rubbishing claims from religion, etc. So Islam did what xtianity did as well a few hundred before then; plunge into it's own (and islamic's default mode) age of darkness. And remains so.

It took, surprise surprise, the rediscovery of hellenistic principles to lift the xtian world from darkness. It took the direct rediscovery of Greek culture (even if via rome's), just as islamic scholars had earlier before they were silenced, to spur the age of enlightenment. Rediscovering the writings of cicero etc, of democracy and reason, etc. Today we enjoy its fruits.

Most of the memes we value today originated in ..... greece. Islam, if anything, crushed this culture. The golden age was a success in spite of islam, not because of it... Proof is visible in today's world, and the default decay that is islamic cultures.

And btw, I'm ignoring persian culture (one the locals are trying to resuscitate, mind you, despite what you hear about khomeinis etc)

Let's not get far into subjectivity. That's another novel. But really, these your deep morals involve child marriages and spanking your wives (yes, they can't have husbands for some reason, but the males can boss). By the standards of most of the rest of us, those morals are $hit, so I can't see what you're on about. And rabid blind disobedience is nonsensical as well.

ALL CULTURES HAVE MORALS, it's silly to state otherwise.

I've never said Islam promoted anything OTHER THAN good values. Courage, stubborn tenacity to faith, pride in being Muslim, discipline and a deep sense of shame are what many societies (especially African ones) desperately needs.

Islam did not silence the revival of Greek learning in its midst. That tradition (books and scholars alike) was lost due to invasions by the Mongols and the Turks. Oppression by outside powers further encouraged radicalism in our midst.

Greek ideas were not very civilised by today's standards. They were moral relativists. They believed that homosexual relations between men were the highest form of love. They accepted that men could use little boys sexually. They were one of the first to espouse racist beliefs. They were a sick lot.

We human beings have NO RIGHT to judge God's laws for us (Islamic law). We could not possibly understand His ways and His nature. The best we can do is to faithfully accept His rules and instructions for us to live in which we can better the world around us, bringing God's light to his creation.

The created world is naturally dark, why? Because this created world seem to be independent of a Creator. Our daily lives seem random, material, not spiritual. Even when people believed in juju, we had to satisfy the whimsical desires of immoral gods. Life seemed devoid of a purpose.

Only a life in the Islamic way can bring Godliness in everything that we do, through a meticulous adherence of Islamic law. Sometimes it's obvious that the law is beneficial. Sometimes we don't know why the law is the way it is. We need to realise that the world is not what could be seen and measured and sensed, that there is a spiritual dimension behind it, and that there is a grand purpose to all creation, as set forth by our Creator.
Re: Why Is African Traditional Religion Seen As Demonic? by MamiWata: 4:32pm On Nov 02, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

My galfriend is a good christian. I know how I play my game. Lol

I had to sacrifice my ego and joined her church until I got the hook under her skin. Now, church thing is nothing serious to her again.

Build the programme, access with ease.

Yes indeed you know how to play. Well done. Me I picked a player from the same team.
Re: Why Is African Traditional Religion Seen As Demonic? by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:39pm On Nov 02, 2013
MamiWata:

Yes indeed you know how to play. Well done. Me I picked a player from the same team.

She is Orisafunke or atheismblessing?
Re: Why Is African Traditional Religion Seen As Demonic? by wiegraf: 3:35am On Nov 03, 2013
alnaijiri:

I've never said Islam promoted anything OTHER THAN good values. Courage, stubborn tenacity to faith, pride in being Muslim, discipline and a deep sense of shame are what many societies (especially African ones) desperately needs.

Islam did not silence the revival of Greek learning in its midst. That tradition (books and scholars alike) was lost due to invasions by the Mongols and the Turks. Oppression by outside powers further encouraged radicalism in our midst.

Greek ideas were not very civilised by today's standards. They were moral relativists. They believed that homosexual relations between men were the highest form of love. They accepted that men could use little boys sexually. They were one of the first to espouse racist beliefs. They were a sick lot.

We human beings have NO RIGHT to judge God's laws for us (Islamic law). We could not possibly understand His ways and His nature. The best we can do is to faithfully accept His rules and instructions for us to live in which we can better the world around us, bringing God's light to his creation.

The created world is naturally dark, why? Because this created world seem to be independent of a Creator. Our daily lives seem random, material, not spiritual. Even when people believed in juju, we had to satisfy the whimsical desires of immoral gods. Life seemed devoid of a purpose.

Only a life in the Islamic way can bring Godliness in everything that we do, through a meticulous adherence of Islamic law. Sometimes it's obvious that the law is beneficial. Sometimes we don't know why the law is the way it is. We need to realise that the world is not what could be seen and measured and sensed, that there is a spiritual dimension behind it, and that there is a grand purpose to all creation, as set forth by our Creator.

lol

Absolutely no such thing as objective morality.

So many blatant lies and myopia. Pot and kettle doesn't even cut it, at all. And the pick of them all is the bolded text. That's a glaring symptom of acute sheeplepopia

You're in too deep... Too much trouble..
Re: Why Is African Traditional Religion Seen As Demonic? by MamiWata: 4:53am On Nov 03, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

She is Orisafunke or atheismblessing?

? Are these posters on nairaland?
Re: Why Is African Traditional Religion Seen As Demonic? by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:19am On Nov 03, 2013
MamiWata:

? Are these posters on nairaland?

lol. You said you took chick from your team. Asking if she is pagan or atheist.
Re: Why Is African Traditional Religion Seen As Demonic? by MamiWata: 4:14pm On Nov 03, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

lol. You said you took chick from your team. Asking if she is pagan or atheist.

Oh...I'm a woman. My husband is traditional.

1 Like

Re: Why Is African Traditional Religion Seen As Demonic? by alnaijiri(m): 4:43pm On Nov 03, 2013
wiegraf:

lol

Absolutely no such thing as objective morality.

You see nothing in this world but materialism and egoism. Of course, you're blind to the fact that there is a Creator and an order behind all things. Materialism and vanity will lead nowhere. They may give you what you want at the moment, but soon enough you'll see that those things are worthless.
Re: Why Is African Traditional Religion Seen As Demonic? by beejaay: 7:54pm On Nov 03, 2013
MamiWata:

Where do you live?
i live here in naija. U wanna give me one??wil surely look up to it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meaning Of "No One Is Good Except God Alone" / Help, I Want To Become An Atheist / Atheists Let's Discuss God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.