Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,040 members, 7,828,659 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Death Of Church Members: How Does Your Church React? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Death Of Church Members: How Does Your Church React? (14879 Views)

Ogun Pastor Prays Recharge Card Into His Church Members Phone / Pastor Oritsejafor Drags Fashola To Court Over Planned Demolition Of Church / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Death Of Church Members: How Does Your Church React? by inene: 11:33pm On Oct 05, 2013
How the death of a member is treated in my former church depends on the standing of the church member in a Pentecostal church in lagos whiich i used to attend until two years when i chaged to the RCCG. In that church near the Trade Fair Complex, when an ordinary member dies the burial is left to men if he was a man or women if he was a woman. The church hardly makes any financial contribution to burial plans but if the late member was rich and prominent then the church will play a more prominent role. In the case of one member whose children played prominent roles in the church, the church moved musical instruments to the village of the dead man and held a crusade before the burial. IN the case of a Deacon who fell on hard times before his demise the church pretended not to know about the death, It was a shameful experience. i am new in the RCCG that i attend now and nobody had died since i joined about two years ago so i cannot say how they treat the dead of members of relations of members.
Re: Death Of Church Members: How Does Your Church React? by darqly(m): 7:03am On Oct 06, 2013
Romans 12:15 Tells us in plain English to rejoice with those who rejoice and to mourn with those who mourn. Our new flock of ministers and Christian brethren selectively read the bible and end up with faulty, misleading doctrine. Whether theses prosperity churches announce funerals or not, members will still die at the appointed time because we are mere mortal. Not talking about it doesn't take it away. It's tragic because a church will gather round you to dedicate your car or new house but leave you alone when you need comfort and consolation. This is not Christianity as Jesus exemplified. Believe it or not, all the Bishops, Daddy GOs, Senior pastors, Junior pastors- all shall die one day, they're no different from you and I. I lost my dad at a pretty early age in a car crash. My mum was distraught, the entire family was mortified. Our Baptist church turned up for us. We didn't need handouts or money, but they came bearing gifts of food. Most importantly, they brought us companionship. They prayed with us, sat with us, hugged us and stood by us. The bottom line is they didn't leave us alone in our time of need.
Re: Death Of Church Members: How Does Your Church React? by Joshrob(m): 3:09pm On Oct 06, 2013
Prince_Nwokeji: In Deeper christian life ministry, popularily known as Deeper Life Bible Church, we care and love our living as well as those that died in the Lord. Because our hope is not only in dis world. We contribute,come out in mass and condole as when needed. Death is not the end of life, cos we still have life in Heaven.
Deeper life bible church are really trying in this case,I remember when my dad who's a member of the church died,they did everything necessary,they print the obituary stuff and the service of song programme was also printed by th church,appoint some member to travel with us to the village,write a letter to their branch in my village to conduct his burial,without asking a dim from us. They really relief us of some traditional stress. Thank God he's a member of depper life because those old village men would have finnish us with expenses.
Re: Death Of Church Members: How Does Your Church React? by Nobody: 8:34am On Oct 07, 2013
undecided lipsrsealed :-XLol, U get time. Going by his spellings..........Ogbeeni, U are a Redeemed and can never be a Redeemer mbok. Hian!
SmashingM:

Why should u call yourself "a redeemer". Are u Jesus Christ? I wonder what type of teachings you are receiving.

@topic. I am Catholic and we don't joke with our members, dead or alive, poor or rich.
Re: Death Of Church Members: How Does Your Church React? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 07, 2013
Jarus: Thank God for Islam. Half of the sermons are about death. Most mosques even have stretcher (abi wetin be the name) that they use to carry dead members. The imams are one of the first people that arrange the washing of the dead, praying over the dead, and burying.

Frankly, this is one of the reasons I like islam. It readily acknowledges that the fact that no matter how devoted we are to God, there will be tribulations in terms of loss of things we covet (wealth, job, loved ones etc) and ultimately death. It just doesn't make sense to me that somebody will now preach only prosperity to me, that 'the low sides of life can never be his portion'. Fact of life is, there will be such things and Islam teaches how to handle such tribulations. Prosperity teaching snd shying away from it just doesn't make sense to me. I just pity people that fall for this deceit.

Not a muslim but this guy has said it all.

There is also the other side of life where people die. Any religion focusing on only the prosperity side of life is a half baked one.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mbaka Tells Fellow Priests To Stop Condemning Him For Praying For Nnamdi Kanu / Meet 10 Wave-making Gospel Singers From Idoma Land / Bakare: Only Rich Men Should Rule

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.