Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,844 members, 7,862,768 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:32 AM

A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa - Nairaland / General (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa (30557 Views)

Nigerian Man Wins A Bet By Sleeping With His Girlfriend In The Open In A Club / Ex Oyo Governor's Daughter Got A Response From A Yoruba Boy / My Reaction When I Had A Response "Server Error" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Lilimax(f): 11:30am On Sep 30, 2013
bobthebuilder99:

You right...lemme fix it.

88 on this thread!
Over 60 on two other threads?!?!

Only has 6 likes saying he should stay?!?!

NL HAS SPOKEN! grin
Keep on disturbing yourself over this.
#teamsexkillz must stay

1 Like

Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 30, 2013
sexytabhi:
ChouKnuckle smiley

LOL. Ehen, you know you didn't give the gist you PMed idowu. Not fair o, ayam not happy with you tongue

Still waiting for that gist ;P

Top of the morning to ya, hope you're doing great?
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Nobody: 11:53am On Sep 30, 2013
Lilimax:
I'm not among tongue
as if u matter. To the left pls
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 30, 2013
carujmonella:

Dude, stop twisting every word seun said against him. For crying out loud, he's a human and should given to think what we said through and know how to run his buissness before he makes hasty conclusion and ruin what he's laboured to build in 7years.

By "you won", he means the protesters and the pro deactivate-your-account NLders has gotten their wishes .And yes, it's a war that took three days to achieve. In the past, similar threads has been created and seun and co dismissed it but NLers were united in this cause and fought aggressively, even some were banned but still persevered, till they got want they want. So my guy, it was an E-war. Didn't you see NLers reporting nairaland to annonymous hackers?. You think say na kids play?. Abeg cut seun some slack here, dude is human and not a God.

What you are doing now is not different from cathaliya who misconstrued seun's words to mean "he's going to include the de-activate button, first thing on monday morning". Read and understand before you attack.

Shalom
your bolded, minus punctuations ma'am.

The lord is your strength

1 Like

Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Nobody: 12:03pm On Sep 30, 2013
What a thread cheesy.
My opinion,
1.If you are deleting user names, pls put an anonymous in the persons previous threads and comments, like that one cannot trace the comments to the user and the comment can still be active for ppl to read.

2. Let the mods named, like Mod1 or modRomance.,,.or you make the mod not to comment on topics.

3. Pls, all nairalands, protect your user name the same way u protect your password. Imagine leaving your computer on, and someone sees it, you are finished grin

More to come
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Lilimax(f): 12:29pm On Sep 30, 2013
#me@:

as if u matter. To the left pls
Who said cool?
Hope you're not just waking up tongue
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Lilimax(f): 12:30pm On Sep 30, 2013
ighoosagie: your bolded ma'am.

Don't be too fast.
You have time to spot out all these cheesy
NL members, una no go ever change grin
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Youngtekkey(m): 12:41pm On Sep 30, 2013
hmmmm am late,av missed alot..no problem am happy mr seun finally agreed on the demand,that shows that he is responsible unlike that mumu called sex gun abi na sexkillz,the guy is too arrogant,rude and does not respect elders
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 30, 2013
carujmonella:

LOL. Ehen, you know you didn't give the gist you PMed idowu. Not fair o, ayam not happy with you tongue

Still waiting for that gist ;P

Top of the morning to ya, hope you're doing great?

eewo,u don't wanna know the gist I tell ya. It is girls talk wink
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by justwise(m): 12:48pm On Sep 30, 2013
Chillisauce: What a thread cheesy.
My opinion,
1.If you are deleting user names, pls put an anonymous in the persons previous threads and comments, like that one cannot trace the comments to the user and the comment can still be active for ppl to read.

2. Let the mods named, like Mod1 or modRomance.,,.or you make the mod not to comment on topics.

3. Pls, all nairalands, protect your user name the same way u protect your password. Imagine leaving your computer on, and someone sees it, you are finished grin

More to come

Mods should not comment on topics? Really? How will mods in job, career, travel, education, auto help members who need advice in those areas? Are you for real? What right have you got to tell ordinary member of nairaland not to comment on topics?
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Yungdamzyl(m): 12:59pm On Sep 30, 2013
[quote
author=Cathaliya]Sexkilolo,
you talk finish, come modify am to nothing...grin

you na badt Guy.... Seun, this guy go kill your buisness. E don already
ignite another protest o. [/quote]we no dy romance room,e for dn hide ur
post!!
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Nobody: 1:44pm On Sep 30, 2013
ighoosagie: your bolded, minus punctuations ma'am.

The lord is your strength

As long as my post exposed your lopsided views, I'm cool

Seek the lord bro, you need his strenght to think logically
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by bobthebuilder99(m): 1:51pm On Sep 30, 2013
shachris01: Seun, You are forgetting one. SEXKILLZ must go. Click like if you agree.

https://www.nairaland.com/1458977/sexkillz-must-go

#teamsexkillzmustgo

Officially hit 90 likes!

Just ten more to 100!

1 Like

Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Davo93(m): 2:06pm On Sep 30, 2013
justwise:

Mods should not comment on topics? Really? How will mods in job, career, travel, education, auto help members who need advice in those areas? Are you for real? What right have you got to tell ordinary member of nairaland not to comment on topics?
^^^ See polite response grin
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Nobody: 2:25pm On Sep 30, 2013
Davo93: ^^^ See polite response grin

Davo, How far??

Wats happening?

cheesy
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Davo93(m): 2:52pm On Sep 30, 2013
Titiluvly:

Davo, How far??

Wats happening?

cheesy
Am doing great ooo.. how about you? smiley
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Nobody: 3:13pm On Sep 30, 2013
Seun: Dear Nairaland Members,

A Nairaland member recently demanded that we should implement a feature that allows Nairaland members to deactivate their Nairaland accounts. I'm pleased to inform you that after noticing the number of people who are interested in the feature, we have decided to implement it.

Best regards,
Seun Osewa.
I wanna lend u some money. (my word ;my money)

Mr seun , also use this usual opportunity to get a feature of rearranging comments in order usefulness , it seems people who toll all day here on NL re mostly folks with irrelevant comments.

Whenever I "ighoosagie" scroll tru NL front pages , it's so disheartened to see :

1.This post has been hidden
2. End time .
3. Okada drop me here.
4.... (punctuations)
5. Space booked,
6 first 2 comment,
7, ASUU kwennu ,
Nd so on.

No need of hiding posts no more, just push them 2 the last page, as people get interested more on the front page. As they said (first impressions matter more). This would make every NL forumite strive as much as they could to write someone tangible more enough to make it to the top.

Define the jobs of your moderators for them, 1.Teach them 2 be firm but fair,
2. Teach them to oblige solely on NL ethics and stir them away from emotions when at work,
3. Teach them to be slow to speak,
4. Teach how to be friendly even when they re not friends,
5. Teach them to login as fellow members and not dictators,
6. Teach them to listen to all men, but adhere to only they feels it okay for them.
7.Teach them the rationality of human nature,
8. Teach them public relations,
9. Teach them to meekness,
10. Teach them all you can.

As for me "ighoosagie" i'll stir them away from common sense, becos its reserved for common folks.

I "ighoosagie " lacks common sense"

Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 30, 2013
carujmonella:

As long as my post exposed your lopsided views, I'm cool

Seek the lord bro, you need his strenght grin to think logically
how is the family

I only make errors , I never makes mistakes
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by justwise(m): 3:29pm On Sep 30, 2013
Seun:

We also hereby apologize for the rudeness of some of our moderators to the people who asked for this feature earlier. Please understand that Nairaland moderators are not staff. They are ordinary Nairaland members such as you who have volunteered to help in their spare time. They are independent agents just like you. The opinions they express on the forum are theirs and theirs alone. They do not represent me or speak for me unless I directly ask them to do so, and I didn't ask anyone to speak for me on this issue. I prefer to speak for myself most of the time.

However, I apologize for the inflammatory statements that some of them have made and I promise to expose them to some sensitivity training.

Best regards,
Seun Osewa.

I'm ready to receive that training but while we do that you also need a training in man management skills, many of us receive little or no support from you, you hardly communicate with us even as we have private channel of communication, you preferred disrespecting your moderators in public than having private discussion/ warning before going public.

How do you expect us to be the best we can when you publicly claimed that we are not part of your staff? That we don't represent you and speak on your behalf? Why do you allow many of us to put in more than 4yrs of our life trying to keep our individual sections organized and decent while all we get in return are abuses and death threat both in private and in public? Why do you take our service to you and nairaland community for granted and at the same time expect the best from us?

No moderator is an angel, we all make mistakes but no moderator will take abuses on daily bases with absolutely no support from the site owner without cracking at one point.

SEXKILLZ moderate the two most visited and most controversial section in this site, its practically impossible for him not to have enemies, was he not voted by the public to moderate Romance section? Was he not voted the best moderator in nairaland only just a year at the job?

Hiring and firing will not change the fundamental problem, whoever you bring in tomorrow will face the same problem which your attitude towards your moderators and only an angel will hang on taking it all in without cracking.

Regarding people who work for you as ordinary member and agents is the highest level of insensitive.

7 Likes

Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Nobody: 3:37pm On Sep 30, 2013
justwise:

I'm ready to receive that training but while we do that you also need a training in man management skills, many of us receive little or no support from you, you hardly communicate with us even as we have private channel of communication, you preferred disrespecting your moderators in public than having private discussion/ warning before going public.

How do you expect us to be the best we can when you publicly claimed that we are not part of your staff? That we don't represent you and speak on your behalf? Why do you allow many of us to put in more than 4yrs of our life trying to keep our individual sections organized and decent while all we get in return are abuses and death threat both in private and in public? Why do you take our service to you and nairaland community for granted and at the same time expect the best from us?

No moderator is an angel, we all make mistakes but no moderator will take abuses on daily bases with absolutely no support from the site owner without cracking at one point.

SEXKILLZ moderate the two most visited and most controversial section in this site, its practically impossible for him not to have enemies, was he not voted by the public to moderate Romance section? Was he not voted the best moderator in nairaland only just a year at the job?

Hiring and firing will not change the fundamental problem, whoever you bring in tomorrow will face the same problem which your attitude towards your moderators and only an angel will hang on taking it all in without cracking.

Regarding people who work for you as ordinary member and agents is the highest is the level of insensitive.
You shouldn't have written this complaint here, you don't know what you have done. Seun, I suggest you lock this thread now.

2 Likes

Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Ishilove: 3:37pm On Sep 30, 2013
justwise:

Regarding people who work for you as ordinary member and agents is the highest is the level of insensitive.
*chokes on popcorn*

What da?!? shocked shocked

Seeeeun, oya come and answer an aggrieved staff member!! angry
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by ifyalways(f): 3:39pm On Sep 30, 2013
I promise to expose them to some sensitivity training.

^ ^ ^ The above quote from Seun makes me feel reallllllly sorry for the moderators of this site. Seun,you need someone to write speeches for you,for real. Unpaid moderators to be 'trained" ?
Anyway,some of them would be dead without the moderator ish so they can suck up to any type of bullshyte.
Rubbish
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Ishilove: 3:40pm On Sep 30, 2013
ifyalways: I promise to expose them to some sensitivity training.

^ ^ ^ The above quote from Seun makes me feel reallllllly sorry for the moderators of this site. Seun,you need someone to write speeches for you,for real. Unpaid moderators to be 'trained" ?
Anyway,some of them would be dead without the moderator ish so they can suck up to any type of bullshyte.
Rubbish
grin grin grin
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Idowuogbo(f): 3:41pm On Sep 30, 2013
Lmao! Nna, see Gbege o! Choi grin grin grin
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by ifyalways(f): 3:43pm On Sep 30, 2013
god_of_music: You shouldn't have written this complaint here, you don't know what you have done. Seun, I suggest you lock this thread now.
Abeg jor.
But its right for Seun to always disrespect the moderators here. Whatever happened to him doing so in camera?
Na una sabi sha,me i be floor member.Ordinary floor member kpa kpa cheesy
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by bobthebuilder99(m): 3:44pm On Sep 30, 2013
justwise:

No justwise, you equally have an arrogant rude personality. You are upset that your ego has been deflated after being called an ordinary member. You are no longer the God you imagined in your mind, lording over others in your small corner of the Internet.

There are many mods (OAMJ, etc) that do their jobs very well, and that cause no problems. People respect them because the way they carry themselves demands respect.

You should work to be more professional and not take everything personally. Taking things personally is what leads to bloated egos and hurt feelings.

Just my 2cents.

12 Likes

Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 30, 2013
ifyalways: I promise to expose them to some sensitivity training.

Rubbish

Ifyalways, you should hv seen the initial thread. SK and justwise made a fool of themselves. They shouldn't have spoken on behalf of Seun and they were hella rude. I mean, RUDE!!

Before you go about making statements like this(not that it's completely far-fetched, Seun lacks professionalism), make sure you know what went down. Did you only read justwise's highlight of Seun's post?? I doubt you read Seun's post or the initial complaints thread.

5 Likes

Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by PureOhio(f): 3:46pm On Sep 30, 2013
justwise:

You're just a VOLUNTEER! Know your place. I blame Seun for making you people grow wings. "Resign" now and gazillions of members will come to volunteer to be trained without getting paid.

With the way you and the other moderators were acting (like you and Seun created the site ) yesterday, I'm still shocked he hasn't trashed you guys.

What insolence!

Seun should simply "fire" all these moderators and start afresh.

11 Likes

Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Idowuogbo(f): 3:46pm On Sep 30, 2013
Ishilove:
*chokes on popcorn*

What da?!? shocked shocked

Seeeeun, oya come and answer an aggrieved staff member!! angry
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by ifyalways(f): 3:51pm On Sep 30, 2013
Wu Zetian:

Ifyalways, you should hv seen the initial thread. SK and justdumb made a fool of themselves. They shouldn't have spoken on behalf of Seun and they were hella rude. I mean, RUDE!!

Before you go about making statements like this(not that it's completely far-fetched, Seun lacks professionalism), make sure you know what went down. Did you only read justdumb's highlight of Seun's post?? I doubt you read Seun's post or the initial complaints thread.
I did not read any thread before now.
Dunno what went down there but I expect more from Seun because,whatever,those guys are mere volunteers and some of the hate they are receiving now is because of that single act of kindness - - -volunteering to be a mod.

Serves all parties right. Why i go do volunteer for something that yields serious profit cheesy?

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (28) (Reply)

How Did You Spend Your Today Sunday [my Pics For Today Outing] / Pipeline Explosion Inside Ijegun, Lagos (More Photos) / Woman On Okada Crushed To Death In Delta By A Speeding Hit & Run Driver (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.