Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,211 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa - Nairaland / General (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa (30380 Views)

Nigerian Man Wins A Bet By Sleeping With His Girlfriend In The Open In A Club / Ex Oyo Governor's Daughter Got A Response From A Yoruba Boy / My Reaction When I Had A Response "Server Error" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Seun(m): 1:08pm On Oct 14, 2013
Jbluv55:
So how does someone get to knock off those deactivated users that remained from one's list ?
I've just knocked them off. Pls check again!
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by lifestyle1(m): 1:13pm On Oct 14, 2013
life_style:

Hello mr seun, what do you do to address spammers here ?

I want to assist you in getting rid of them.... angry

Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Jbluv55(m): 1:13pm On Oct 14, 2013
Seun: Initially, we did not remove followers from people who deactivated their accounts, but later we started doing that. The issue has just been fixed!
Seun: I've just knocked them off. Pls check again!
I noticed the glitch(refresh) on the site quite alright and yes! It has bin fixed. Gracias.

**Centje & Psky pls take note*and all others concerned(modifiedwinkgrin )**
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 14, 2013
Jbluv55:

I noticed the glitch(refresh) on the site quite alright and yes! It has bin fixed. Gracias.

*Centje & Psky pls take note*
yeah, i noticed it earlier.
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Nobody: 2:58pm On Oct 14, 2013
centje: seun, I cant login to nairaland with my phone, I browsed nl with my phones in-built browser...worked for sometime and stopped. I download another browser which has also stopped. NB: I can still browse other websites with these browsers. any help?
Pls seun, help me out here...i like browsing with my phone 'cause its handy..
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Incredibleme: 4:33pm On Oct 14, 2013
seun pls after deactivation can someone re-register another account with the same email address.
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Jbluv55(m): 4:37pm On Oct 14, 2013
Incredible.me:
seun pls after deactivation can someone re-register another account with the same email address.
Yes you can(as @ Saturday 13th)*modified*
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Incredibleme: 6:21pm On Oct 14, 2013
I dont think so...

I'd like to hear from the horse's mouth.
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Jbluv55(m): 9:40pm On Oct 14, 2013
My apologies for the interference bro.....wink
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Seun(m): 10:58pm On Oct 14, 2013
Incredible.me:
no.
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Nobody: 12:35am On Oct 15, 2013
Seun: sorry. I asked for your ISP/network, mobile device, and browser.
i noticed that on ma Regular C1-01 * Opera Mini * Etisalat*
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Nobody: 12:39am On Oct 15, 2013
Jbluv55:
Yes you can
Lolz foolish U! I Too Know!
Seun: no.
herez the correct ansa!
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Jbluv55(m): 1:26am On Oct 15, 2013
Bossforeva: Lolz foolish U! I Too Know!
I wud have wanted to reply you based on the manner you seem to have addressed me but then.....Nah!smiley I can already feel it that you have something personal against me.....I can guess why. And you shud note that ur attempt at abusing me failed.tongue. You gonna hav to try harder wink.

FYI, Seun probably decided not to elaborate on the matter. That feature was also probably disabled today and its probably bcoz plenty of NLers were misusing the opportunity. Get it?wink
And its this ITK you refer to that is called objectivity in the learned world. Helps those in the spotlight to be on their toes. grin

herez the correct ansa!
true as @ today but not as @ Friday/Saturday.

Gnyt/Gmorn Broda n be @ peace wt yourself. winkwink

2 Likes

Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Nobody: 1:38am On Oct 15, 2013
Jbluv55 keep catching ur fun here man! Ain't insulting U.. Jux dat u amuse me by ur ITK.
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Incredibleme: 11:21am On Oct 15, 2013
Y

Seun u just wnt make sm1 guilty, its not done anywhere.

So nt fair

2 Likes

Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by kliq(m): 7:00pm On Oct 16, 2013
Just hw did I miss dis thread

Mr Seun,i must commend you....you are a good business man(real NIGGA)
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by iykmora(m): 10:28pm On Oct 16, 2013
I wish something can be done wrt the action of this ur spambot @oga seun. I thought one has to make a comment b4 the BOT brings it hammer down on the comment, whether or not the comment is against the rule. But in a case where one gets a ban by just viewing is quite strange as i found out while viewing the thread below. www.nairaland.com/1380365/football-betting-season-7/728
pls boss, call ur BOT to order because its actions are no longer funny!!!
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Mieye007: 1:58pm On Oct 18, 2013
Hello Mr. Seun

Pls can you created a new feature that would enable us view those posts which we've liked, just like we can view the our posts liked by others?

Some posts are really educative & entertaining and we'd like to easily locate them when needed for reference.

Pls reply
And thanks for the good work you're doing here.

1 Like

Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Seun(m): 4:07pm On Oct 18, 2013
Mieye007: Hello Mr. Seun

Pls can you created a new feature that would enable us view those posts which we've liked, just like we can view the our posts liked by others?

Some posts are really educative & entertaining and we'd like to easily locate them when needed for reference.

Pls reply
Good idea... thanks for sharing it!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by homesteady(m): 4:17pm On Oct 18, 2013
Mieye007: Hello Mr. Seun

Pls reply

Hmm! That's true! smiley
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 18, 2013
Hello, Sir.

With reference to the post you quoted, I understand your sentiment not implement such feature as you once stated in one of your reply to another thread where it was demanded.

If, as you stated in that post, implementing it will restrain people from "liking" post, why not make it only visible to those whose post(s) are "liked" and beautifully positioned within profile or cp?

I know you enabled such feature some months ago, but disabled it few hours after implementation for reasons best known to you.

Complains are good for reshaping ideas into better forms!
Seun: Good idea... thanks for sharing it!
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Davo93(m): 5:38pm On Oct 18, 2013
2s£xy:
Hello, Sir.

With reference to the post you quoted, I understand your sentiment not implement such feature as you once stated in one of your reply to another thread where it was demanded.

If, as you stated in that post, implementing it will restrain people from "liking" post, why not make it only visible to those whose post(s) are "liked" and beautifully positioned within profile or cp?

I know you enabled such feature some months ago, but disabled it few hours after implementation for reasons best known to you.

That would be fantastic!
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Mieye007: 6:31pm On Oct 18, 2013
2s£xy:
Hello, Sir.

It doesn't make any sense, why would someone be restrained from liking a post just because it is gonna appear on his own profile which no one else is privy to. Who else sees your liked posts when they appear?

On the contrary, it will encourage people to like posts more. It is more like "bookmarking" a comment for your personal future usage.
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by kingphilip(m): 7:32pm On Oct 18, 2013
Hello Mr. Seun

Please can you create a new feature that would enable us send message directly to someone in place of pm?

For me, i cant access my email dont know why. Atleast if the message is directly, it will be easily seen and replied immediately because if i cant access it, i cannot be able to reply too.

Please reply
And thanks for the great work you're putting together here

1 Like

Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Sapphiredamsel(f): 12:08pm On Oct 19, 2013
Hmmm
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 23, 2013
Hi Seun,

Abeg I wan ask a very important question!

here it goes:
Is it allowed to engage in a discussion on a thread in another language apart from English that everyone understands? I know it used to be forbidden before..but it is not included in your latest list rules. So, is it allowed now or what?

Thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 24, 2013
speedyboi: Hi Seun,

Abeg I wan ask a very important question!

here it goes:
Is it allowed to engage in a discussion on a thread in another language apart from English that everyone understands? I know it used to be forbidden before..but it is not included in your latest list rules. So, is it allowed now or what?

Thanks smiley

Seun answer na! angry angry angry angry sad
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by psky: 5:31pm On Oct 24, 2013
Hi Seun,

Obviously you and everybody else is aware of the 21 rules of nairaland, rules which everyone is to follow to avoid a ban, rules which when followed diligently would result in little or no trouble from mods.

But lately I have seen reports of people being banned for the silliest of reasons, for actions which do not break any of the rules but resulted in punishment most likely because of the bad decision making of the mod.

Now I have not come here to degrade mods or defend erring members, instead I have come to propose a solution which could solve the problem for all parties.

Instead of moderators banning people and stating the reason they find appropriate, I propose that when they ban erring members they should state not the reason but the rule that has been broken.

For example, "banned by Seun for breaking rule 8".

This would reduce the powers of mods drastically and indeed rightfully. Therefore they would not have the power to ban members for whatever they like and run their sections however they want and according to the rules they have set for themselves, instead they would have the authority to ban members for breaking the rules which you have set. You would be regaining your supreme authority in the forum and members would be regaining their rights.

This way everyone would be sure that as long as they obey all the rules, there would no problem for them. There would be no need for submitting to the standards of a particular mod. A member would also be much more able to defend his not having broken the rule when banned.

It would also help mods who are being overcome with power, help control them and make them less reckless when banning people.

At least there would be an air of certainty as to what is and what is not allowed.

Please consider this.

Thanks

4 Likes

Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by tpia6: 7:42pm On Oct 25, 2013
seun or whoever

i did not get a confirmation email, kindly deactivate this account for me.
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by tpia6: 8:18pm On Oct 25, 2013
I checked again, still no deactivation email, checked here, still no response from you as i can see the account remains active.

I would like it closed, thanks.
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by Seun(m): 8:45pm On Oct 25, 2013
Check your spam folder.
Re: A Response To The Open Letter To Seun Osewa by tpia6: 9:24pm On Oct 25, 2013
thanks.

It says invalid deactivation code.

Tried three times.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

Take This Personality Test / Communication Mast Falls In Jalingo, Kills 7 People After Heavy Storm (Photo) / Fisherman Catches Crab With Osama Bin Laden's Face

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.