Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,994 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? (19865 Views)

How Would You Rate PMB On His Maiden Media Chat? / Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat / Fuel Queues Disappears In Abuja After Jonathan’s Media Chat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by andyjyd(m): 10:28am On Sep 30, 2013
cashkid18: very impressive at least hvin d courage to host unlike obj dt did nt host it in his entire tenure..dis shows dt he is workin n he knows dt he is workin dts y he did it
That is not true, OBJ does media chat during his time,execpt you are not in the country during OBJ regime.

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by lukasbaker(m): 10:28am On Sep 30, 2013
i pity ur write up for lack of merit.wise up man
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Orikinla(m): 10:28am On Sep 30, 2013
It was okay.
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by 3kay945(m): 10:30am On Sep 30, 2013
Bizibi: I hate criticising without solution,he is my president and i pray for him to overcome the challenges he is facing but nigerians just love hate......i pray this country and the people change,i knw it wont be a day job but i knw with time nigerians will begin to realize themselves

this is why the system is called DEMOCRACY! dude, we will continue to criticize and question those in position of authority whenever we felt they arent meeting up to expectations. cool

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 30, 2013
Our president is not intelligent..the ways he speaks gan u go fear

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by dami212: 10:35am On Sep 30, 2013
[quote author=Emzybrown]99% very impressive and in sighting media chart..... indeed the best president so far in Nigeria.[/quoteDGbam.. U re on point. Haters shld go and contest and see what it takes to b a president of a multi lingua society
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Nobody: 10:39am On Sep 30, 2013
I didn't watch it, but I trust our president was impressive because he is smart.
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by mystery001(m): 10:40am On Sep 30, 2013
We must all agree that oratory is not a selling point for the President neither was it for the past presidents like Yar'Adua, Shagari, Buhari, OBJ, e.t.c. But we must appreciate the fact that ability to communicate effectively at the minimum is a hallmark of today's leadership and academic pursuit. Our President with a PHD should atleast be able to express himself clearly. I was ashamed of his communication skills in his meeting with Obama with the most blunders like 'some we think alike'. The. PM of India is not an orator by gift but speaks coherent and clear English with their accent too not to talk of his enviable achievements. We must change our learning and teaching methods in the Universities to involve more of thinking and discussions.

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by crackhaus: 10:40am On Sep 30, 2013
XVIER: LOOK AT THE WAY HE WAS SEATED YESTERDAY
Another proof of a lack of composure and confidence in his ability.

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by mubalex50(m): 10:43am On Sep 30, 2013
Emzybrown: 99% very impressive and in sighting media chart..... indeed the best president so far in Nigeria.
. President with No Future Ambition, dey ask him a simple question ( come 2015) are u contesting, 2 my gr8test surprise, he couldn't give direct answer, lobbying 2 Electoral rule, In U.S.A, Obama Declare his 2nd term ambition knwn 2 d United state citizen on time,
Again on ASUU strike he couldn't give a reasonable answer also, he said d strike is political, as a good leader expect unexpected 4rm d opposition parties.

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Biibra: 10:43am On Sep 30, 2013
[quote
author=zenopee]I wonder whether I share similar ideas with other
people, but I believe that the presidential media chat was a complete
sham, and a complete waste of time. I expected more, but Jonathan
dissapointed me. If I would rate it, I would rate it poor.
All along, it seems the president doesn't have a clear grasp of
happenings, developments and events within the country. And regarding
the few issues raised during the chat, he sounded like the issues were
quite trivial, and this are burning national issues that expedite
actions.
To me overall, the media chat was a complete waste of time and
resources, it shouldn't have held. And from all indications it wouldn't
change anything.[/quote]

You expected more? really? You must be a learner to expect more from a shoeless and clueless president.

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Godmann(m): 10:45am On Sep 30, 2013
ballabriggs:

Thank you very much. The bolded is to show you how devilish leaders in Nigeria are. What good leaders do is to look for capable hands to take over- succession planning. What Olusegun Obasanjo did was to look for those he thought will be his stooge (oh yes members) once he leaves. He thus put horrible leaders to take the baton for his own selfish reasons. He is a pathetic and greedy human being.

Unfortunately for him the Jona he thought was going to be an 'oh yes man' has decided to free himself. Reason why you have the so-called crisis today.

I appreciate your thought process

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by roxell120(m): 10:47am On Sep 30, 2013
ill say he had a lot to say but lacks eloquence and gift of the gab to drive his point home. generally unimpressed if u ask me.I looked away several times seeing him talk in a way I never expected. I believe he missed a golden oppurtunity to poor his heart out to millions of expecting nigerians like me.a big minus though

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Biibra: 10:47am On Sep 30, 2013
dvdon: I didn't watch it, but I trust our president was impressive because he is smart.

You must be high on heat, sorry fresh air. Hehehehehe...

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by 3kay945(m): 10:47am On Sep 30, 2013
Godman_n: My summary is that that man should just pack his package and head back to his village. I cannot even tolerating such an unlearned mind teaching secondary school students let alone ruling Nigeria.

I don't blame GEJ alone; I blame all the people that have interacted with this man before and went ahead to help him to become our President. Obasanjo; that devil re-incarnate should take majority of the blame.

All the elites in Nigeria especially those that were blinded by opportunism and tribalism in helping this man to power deserve to be punished for misleading the ignorant masses that voted to him.

The Church "Cabals" who used Religion to destroy Buhari's change and impose GEJ on us will be judged at the last day.

As for the masses; a lot of Nigerians are still backward and unlearned. If enough of us are learned; we would have seen enough to vote him out by 2015.

Even this morning, some supposed graduates of Nigerian university were arguing with me that GEj was right in calling Adolf Hitler Adolpus.

How do we expect a generation that does not know Adolf Hitler to understand the issues that caused 2nd world war; how do we expect them top appreciate international politics and economy? How do we expect them to understand the relation between us Africans and the west?

How do we expect them to appreciate why we need to change.

It is a pity I am born in Nigeria on this time. I sincerly hope, more of our people can see the light: can be educated.

Can't you people figure out that the only babe that asked reasonable question among the panel was educated outside the country.

We are a product of sick school, sick institutions and sick society. I am afraid we will remain sick until the few that is educated is able to do something extra-ordinary.

MAY GOD HELP US

Without knowing who you are, am sure this little write up of yours knock down the 2hours of Mr. President responses yesterday. grin grin
well done.

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Alore: 10:49am On Sep 30, 2013
awodman:
So after all said and done with the whole eloquence did OBJ put food on your table, Did he give you constant electricity...

We shouldn't be interested in how well a political leader speaks but whether if he can get the job done....Effect changes in our way of life

Obasanjo actually did put food on my table. By God's grace, I earn my daily bread by working in a Telco which his deregulation policy of the industry made happen. We should stop celebrating mediocrity!

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by mubalex50(m): 10:50am On Sep 30, 2013
dvdon: I didn't watch it, but I trust our president was impressive because he is smart.
. Talk like an academia, dis site is nt meant 4 a layman like U, ok? Hw sure are he impressed, in politics nobody is smart or dull, jst dat politician apply different logic 2 d way dey play dia politics. Betwwen GEJ & BUHARI wu is smartest
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by ElijahAde(m): 10:50am On Sep 30, 2013
Of the two options, Mr president was never near being impressive, yet I won't say he's totally poor. On assessment, he seems to lack ability to coherently articulate his thoughts. Evident of what we call Nigerian English (NE) abounds in his communication flow.( A case of thinking in one's mother tongue and expressing same in English. He sounds so pedestrian and resist straight forward answers to simple questions. Mr president does not show he truly grasps fundamental and burning national issues thus he trivialise most of them. On ASUU, there appears to be no end in sight as GEJ could not properly articulate his visions to end the imbroglio. The same goes for power, infrastructure, security and economy.

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by theoctopus: 10:50am On Sep 30, 2013
slawbaba: mr President answers to some questions was very poor .Even the president doesn't know if boko haram still has a leader, he doesn't know when ASUU strike will end .This answers shows that he is not in charge

How can he know when ASUU strike will end? Is the ball not in ASUU's court? You want him to send military to go force them into their classrooms? How can he know he if Shekau is dead or alive until there is clear confirmation? You want him to lie to you or what? The problem with some of you is that you dont like sincere answers. You prefer lies like they do in the music industry! That is why some of you support people like Rochas, Amaechi and Aregbesola!
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by AbuDhabiGroup(m): 10:53am On Sep 30, 2013
Neither ! " Words are like leaves and where they most abound, much fruit of sense beneath is rarely found ." (William Shakespeare ). " People live by action not by words." # Awordisenoughforthewise .
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by theoctopus: 10:54am On Sep 30, 2013
mystery001: We must all agree that oratory is not a selling point for the President neither was it for the past presidents like Yar'Adua, Shagari, Buhari, OBJ, e.t.c. But we must appreciate the fact that ability to communicate effectively at the minimum is a hallmark of today's leadership and academic pursuit. Our President with a PHD should atleast be able to express himself clearly. I was ashamed of his communication skills in his meeting with Obama with the most blunders like 'some we think alike'. The. PM of India is not an orator by gift but speaks coherent and clear English with their accent too not to talk of his enviable achievements. We must change our learning and teaching methods in the Universities to involve more of thinking and discussions.

You are a real example of Africans with inferiority complex. It is only in Nigeria that you see people questioning their president's command of English! You have only exhibited low self worth!
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Muscomide: 10:55am On Sep 30, 2013
A people get the leader(s) they deserve. Until we, each and all of us, raise our collective game, I think Jonathan is what we deserve.

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Alore: 10:58am On Sep 30, 2013
Uteghe :
True,GEJ is really hard pressed getting grasp of developmental issues that task the intellect. His elocution is disjointed and woven in puzzling zig zag such that if you are cerebral and you listen to GEJ often you may end up being dull. But let's face it and be fair to him;according wikileaks,he had confessed to Robin Sanders,then US ambassador that he lacks the 'administrative competence' to govern Nigeria,but due to the parochilization of politics in Nigeria and OBJ's goading,he was pressured to contest and today he's a total disaster.

The bolded cracked me up big time! grin grin grin

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 30, 2013
Emzybrown: 99% very impressive and in sighting media chart..... indeed the best president so far in Nigeria.
100% impressive sir. Nigeria has never had such a professionalism in the Presidential Chat.

GEJ is the BEST Black President ever
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Ik4service: 11:01am On Sep 30, 2013
GEJ was disappointing, worst still were the team of interviews. The were a display of the mediocrity we celebrate.

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Modupe166(f): 11:02am On Sep 30, 2013
ironically
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by 3kay945(m): 11:03am On Sep 30, 2013
Hon. SuQ Ma'DIQ:

I have seen fo.ols and idiotas but i havent seen rabbied ones like you. You are really rabbied. GEJ TILL YOU DIE. HATER!

Why are you so emotional ? am sure if the dude you quoted direct those words to Mr. president himself, the cowboy president will just laugh it over and give dumb response. grin
So, take it easy ehn, this is a discussion forum. You lovers of the Mr. president are really convincing me a little, i mean it wink

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Nobody: 11:03am On Sep 30, 2013
Ik4service: GEJ was disappointing, worst still were the team of interviews. The were a display of the mediocrity we celebrate.
bad belle
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:05am On Sep 30, 2013
andy jyd:
That is not true, OBJ does media chat during his time,execpt you are not in the country during OBJ regime.
During OBJ's tenure it was called, "The President Explains."

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Zamfara APC: Crisis Looms As Yari, Marafa Rejects Matawalle As Leader / Yayi Decorates Buhari With An Award As "The Great Cross Of Benin" (Photos) / 'GEJ Made Mistakes But God Knows He Tried' - Reno Omokri