Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? (47240 Views)

Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU / What Is The Difference Between A Bsc(ed) In Electrical Technology And Bsc In Electrical Engineering / Top-up My Hnd To A Bsc In One Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by SIRKOL(m): 12:03pm On Oct 03, 2013
Anuoluwap: Apart from Being a Lecturer.... Careers in central & Local government, the legal profession, training, recruitment and human resources, advertising, marketing, councelling and journalism are also possible careers under philosophy.
to add a little to these, u can also work in the sss and a Director to big companies under the surge of great competitions, being a great thinker, u would pump in ideas to d company. All u need do is work hard on urself and make ppl know u as a great thinker only with that, u would have ppl from all over the world clamouring for u as evth job requires great thinking to be made successful!!
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by AngelLily(f): 12:55pm On Oct 03, 2013
I'm sure if you look around you'll see that your employability isn't limited to your course of study. You can work in diverse organizations once you have a degree. You may even be an employer yourself by the time you graduate. So if that's the only offer of admission you have now, go ahead and be the best! Good luck.
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Biggy505(m): 1:39pm On Oct 03, 2013
Philosophy is a good course, but you must make sure you come out with a good grade, I study philosophy and am working in a good company as an operation officer and there are lots of my course mate that are also working in banks and so on. so there4 my do it with all your heart.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Brynelo: 2:40pm On Oct 03, 2013
Tanks pipz..datz ma course..ma g.p na 2.62..crying*
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Infomizer(m): 3:10pm On Oct 03, 2013
ferdimako:

in haste huh.

Yea! I feel the fella's pain tho. But he's just gotta take it one semester at a time!
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Anuoluwap(m): 5:26pm On Oct 03, 2013
PREPARE FOR JAMB AND POST JAMB USING YOUR MOBILE PHONE
https://www.nairaland.com/1463893/how-prepare-jamb-post-jamb-others#18549491

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Yinky95(f): 5:39pm On Oct 03, 2013
Anuoluwap: PREPARE FOR JAMB AND POST JAMB USING YOUR MOBILE PHONE
https://www.nairaland.com/1463893/how-prepare-jamb-post-jamb-others#18549491
Thank you for the effort. God bless
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by kambo(m): 6:30pm On Oct 03, 2013
Philosophers are of necessity deep thinkers and their careers cud influence other fields immensely.
Bertrand russel was a philosopher and a mathematician, alfred whitefield his colleague worked tirelessly with him to create a firm foundation for mathematics but their works failed owing to the insightful work of young kurt godel!. Say u discover that a negative mindset is in place you cud philosophize y this is so and y it is necessary, using formal objective methods, present ur case. Many things modern society take for granted were issues of philosophical debate centuries earlier.
For example in science and logic there is d philosophy of an exclude middle, occam's razor, and contradiction and induction, every product u buy and use is created with the philosophy that somebody will want to buy it at the proposed price a philosopher can explain y this is so.
But this is all theoretical and most nigerian students just want a meal ticket course. Reverse polish notation method of computation was discovered by a philosopher,
philosophy cud prepare for a career in legal research. because some questions regarding what cud /shud bcome law are deeply philosophical. Wat does it mean to b good or evil? Questions we take for granted. As a philosopher u'll ha to define this and create a framework for answerg this kind of questions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by mykh01(m): 6:34pm On Oct 03, 2013
Welcome to ma department.is good to b a great thinker.am a student of dat department dere in aaua.guy na ur result matter get ready to read like mad.is a very intresting course but it require hard work.u can ad me on fb omoniyimike@facebook.con
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by jonescyras(m): 8:15pm On Oct 03, 2013
mykh01: Welcome to ma department.is good to b a great thinker.am a student of dat department dere in aaua.guy na ur result matter get ready to read like mad.is a very intresting course but it require hard work.u can ad me on fb omoniyimike@facebook.con
Thanks bros....I'd like to see when school resumes.
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Oct 03, 2013
[quote author=jonescyras]I just got admitted to study PHILOSOPHY AND RELIGIOUS STUDIES at adekunle ajasin university,akungba. I have googled it but all I saw was, being a lecturer...and I aint good at lecturing and besides, I never wanted to be a lecturer. Pls where and what can I work as,as a philosopher.....thanks
. My Big Thanks to the Mods and all that have taken their precious time to advise me...
..You have saved me.
I shall not forget NAIRALAND.[/quot

B.A and not B.Sc
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Oct 03, 2013
Infomizer: You'll be a philosopher soon, by then you woulda figured it out..Don't be in a haste bro. Besides, you're not even sure of when you'll graduate yet. Take a chill pill bro.

green is d colour 4u bro
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Nobody: 11:27pm On Oct 03, 2013
Anuoluwap: Apart from Being a Lecturer.... Careers in central & Local government, the legal profession, training, recruitment and human resources, advertising, marketing, councelling and journalism are also possible careers under philosophy.

Tell 'em!!
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Oct 03, 2013
stormkiid: Guys its better u don't take such a stupid course
All dose saying it dosent mean.my guy it means ooo..cos u re gonna find it real hard to ..anyway do wah ur mind chooses

U sure are ignorant
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Oct 03, 2013
jonescyras:
Thanks so much... I keep thinking whether I should do a cross over to another department,perhaps HISTORY n INTERNATIONAL STUDIES...but I don't think this could be allowed as my name has been registered with philosophy on jamb Site.....
.........Shell and the likes pay heavily for their workers..do you think a person in the research department in shell could also earn a good pay?.....it might sound stupid, but this what's bothering my mind....

What can u do wit history n international studies? be an ambassador? bro u sure dnt knw wat u want just yet. Philosophy is a sweet course though if ur dedicated to it. In d long run, u will love it. I knw much abt it 'cause im currently studying philosophy at d first n d best university in nigeria(400). We 4 don graduate if no b ASUU n Uncle Jona (y)
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Oct 03, 2013
oladayo042: It seems all you want is a job at Shell. The typical Nigerian mentality. How many philosophers will Shell employ?

Abi o
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by obuji: 12:55am On Oct 04, 2013
What we study should not determine what we will become in future. instead, what we want to become in future should determine what we should study in school.
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Nobody: 6:38am On Oct 04, 2013
My dear Nigeria is no more certificate oriented, rather capability oriented. Meaning that they dnt ask what u read in university again, instead they ask what can you do.
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Serendipity: 8:29am On Oct 04, 2013
Oluwacolded: i dey laugh in china for u too

I said sucessful lawyers not the quak lawyers that can't even eat 3 square meal a day

If you doubt ask Gani Fawehinmi
Could you please tell me what a philosopher knows about law?
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Teegurlee(f): 9:05am On Oct 04, 2013
Fynestboi: dont confuse it guy philosophy as a whole is a B.A degree while philosophy[religious studies] is B.SC i.e educatn degree do u get...
abeg no confuse d poor guy jor. Religious studies is under d faculty of arts. Religious studies edu is different.
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by dimmamma(f): 1:08pm On Oct 04, 2013
My dear, I studied philosophy and am a graduate. At first, I had the challenges you are having now bt with time it got resolved.y you are faced with such challenge is cus Philosophy as a course is a very broad one that covers every sphere of human endevour. If you are thinking of where to work after study, make the very best out of Philosophy and you will see yourself not only been a job seeker, bt also an employer of Labour. I wish you the best
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by jaybee3(m): 1:12pm On Oct 04, 2013
dimma mma: My dear, I studied philosophy and am a graduate. At first, I had the challenges you are having now bt with time it got resolved.y you are faced with such challenge is cus Philosophy as a course is a very broad one that covers every sphere of human endevour. If you are thinking of where to work after study, make the very best out of Philosophy and you will see yourself not only been a job seeker, bt also an employer of Labour. I wish you the best
You said much but didn't actually say anything cheesy cheesy

So you studied philosophy, what are you currently using your degree for?

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by dimmamma(f): 1:40pm On Oct 04, 2013
jay bee:
You said much but didn't actually say anything cheesy cheesy

So you studied philosophy, what are you currently using your degree for?
I guess you are quite naïve not to understand what I wrote. Am not an all knowing being that can say what he can do after his study. He just have to make the very best out of every given opportuinty to achieve his dreams
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by jaybee3(m): 2:23pm On Oct 04, 2013
dimma mma: I guess you are quite naïve not to understand what I wrote. Am not an all knowing being that can say what he can do after his study. He just have to make the very best out of every given opportuinty to achieve his dreams
Sister dimma mma, how exactly has your BSc in Philosophy helped you secure an employment?
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by dimmamma(f): 2:34pm On Oct 04, 2013
grin
jay bee:
Sister dimma mma, how exactly has your BSc in Philosophy helped you secure an employment?

Bro jay bee, my Philosophy got me your attention. Atleast for now. grin
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by jaybee3(m): 2:40pm On Oct 04, 2013
dimma mma: grin Bro jay bee, my Philosophy got me your attention. Atleast for now. grin
Fair enough cheesy cheesy
you got jokes tongue
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by dimmamma(f): 2:55pm On Oct 04, 2013
jay bee:
Fair enough cheesy cheesy
you got jokes tongue

Yea Yea. Now run along to your normal joint tongue
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by jaybee3(m): 2:59pm On Oct 04, 2013
dimma mma: Yea Yea. Now run along to your normal joint tongue
hehehheeheh, stereotyping aint we now?
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by dimmamma(f): 3:24pm On Oct 04, 2013
jay bee:
hehehheeheh, stereotyping aint we now?
its necessary. Especially wen one posses as a tyrant shocked did I just say that? tongue
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Atyodos: 3:33pm On Oct 04, 2013
dis guy, are u after study or money, study 1st b4 thnkng about money etc.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Where To Download Textbooks Pdf/ebooks / Ikechukwu Nwachukwu Dikko Wins US President's Award, Gets Letter From Trump / ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.