Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,109 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? (47195 Views)

Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU / What Is The Difference Between A Bsc(ed) In Electrical Technology And Bsc In Electrical Engineering / Top-up My Hnd To A Bsc In One Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Ninilowo(m): 7:52am On Oct 03, 2013
ugonna1054: I like ur signature.I just tried it and it was cool..

U are welcome Ugo.
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by jonescyras(m): 7:57am On Oct 03, 2013
joannessam: My dear brother there is nothing you can not do with philosophy,a philosopher can work any were you can think up. read philosophy for the beginner by prof. Ozumba a prof. Of philosophy at Unical. I study philosophy myself i bet you, you will be a happy man studying the course.
Thanks very much
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Dmentor(f): 8:04am On Oct 03, 2013
What do want in life, NNPC, shell...? There is more to life. Try to discover what you have passion for and go for any course that would help you develop it. Then, you are on your way to success and fulfilment.
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by ada86(f): 8:10am On Oct 03, 2013
My dear, go ahead and study what was given 2u. You can make it wt any course of study if God is wt you. Hv u nt seen pharmacist, engineers etc that are jobless. If u like, study d highest course in d world, u can only make it if d grace of God is sufficient in ur life. All u need is d grace and put in ur best. That may be God's choce 4u

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Reference(m): 8:14am On Oct 03, 2013
kilokeys: Bro . Enjoy Ur course just get good grades. I hve n uncle. He read philosophy and worked as HRM in shell till he retired. Nd here am I with B.eng in engineering and HSE level 3 and still job-hunting. Times have chnged bro. And u might get lucky. Well its grace sha.

Yeah, yeah. Its all about the money, wage pack, college degree just to join the rat race.
Might as well study: 'how to get the best salary', if colleges offer such a course.
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by gnot: 8:14am On Oct 03, 2013
i study fulani and now i work with chevron grin cheesy grin
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by bebechuks: 8:15am On Oct 03, 2013
Yungwizzzy: if you're in Nigeria don't bother your self bro

what you study do not determine where you work here, if and only if you have a "connection" you're f**king gud to go bro
true word
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by nduchucks: 8:16am On Oct 03, 2013
Oga OP. Nna, go and enroll in a seminary and form your own Church upon graduation. With your Philosophy background, you will be able to handle your flock with ease. You would write very interesting books, deliver great sermons. Think jet owning pastors, but not their corrupt ways!
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by jonescyras(m): 8:27am On Oct 03, 2013
Dmentor: What do want in life, NNPC, shell...? There is more to life. Try to discover what you have passion for and go for any course that would help you develop it. Then, you are on your way to success and fulfilment.
Thanks bro
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by jonescyras(m): 8:28am On Oct 03, 2013
ada86: My dear, go ahead and study what was given 2u. You can make it wt any course of study if God is wt you. Hv u nt seen pharmacist, engineers etc that are jobless. If u like, study d highest course in d world, u can only make it if d grace of God is sufficient in ur life. All u need is d grace and put in ur best. That may be God's choce 4u
Thanks very much
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Oluwacolded: 8:43am On Oct 03, 2013
Serendipity:
Lawyers present their case to philosophers, i laugh in greek
i dey laugh in china for u too

I said sucessful lawyers not the quak lawyers that can't even eat 3 square meal a day

If you doubt ask Gani Fawehinmi
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by mutaalim(m): 8:53am On Oct 03, 2013
ada86: My dear, go ahead and study what was given 2u. You can make it wt any course of study if God is wt you. Hv u nt seen pharmacist, engineers etc that are jobless. If u like, study d highest course in d world, u can only make it if d grace of God is sufficient in ur life. All u need is d grace and put in ur best. That may be God's choce 4u

What an inspiring comment ! more power to your elbows.
Regards
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by dyoung: 8:54am On Oct 03, 2013
u can buy change of course form and change to ur desire course after ur first year.
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by EasyNaijacom: 8:58am On Oct 03, 2013
One word...... Connection.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by odewale188(m): 9:11am On Oct 03, 2013
since u are in Nigeria: A|| what u need is CONNECTION
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by dutchstar: 9:11am On Oct 03, 2013
Wonder why these days all propective undergraduates put first is money.Young man you motivation here is money.i need to disappoint you that it doesnt work that way.If all you wan to do is work for shell or a company with a fat pay, what if that doesnt happen? You will be the most frustrated person on it. In the pursuit of a career, your passion must be your motivating factor, so that you will enjoy what you do and it will just come easily.I am yet to see a man who is passionate about what he does without being successful @ it....young man please follow you passion..i want to believe you still have age on your side so rather than go on with phylosophy and religious studies why not write another jamb and get a course of your choice. A friend of mine wanted to be a medical doctor but got admission to study microbiology. He did study microbiology got his degree and later went back to study medicine and today he is a fantastic doctor practising here in Canada....the call is yours young man..
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 03, 2013
Infomizer: You'll be a philosopher soon, by then you woulda figured it out..Don't be in a haste bro. Besides, you're not even sure of when you'll graduate yet. Take a chill pill bro.

in haste huh.
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Henriblings: 9:20am On Oct 03, 2013
plz pals is public admin a good couse to study?
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Nobody: 9:20am On Oct 03, 2013
jonescyras: I just got admitted to study PHILOSOPHY AND RELIGIOUS STUDIES at adekunle ajasin university,akungba. I have googled it but all I saw was, being a lecturer...and I aint good at lecturing and besides, I never wanted to be a lecturer. Pls where and what can I work as,as a philosopher.....thanks
. My Big Thanks to the Mods and all that have taken their precious time to advise me...
..You have saved me.
I shall not forget NAIRALAND.

And u wanna be taught? Little wonder ASUU is on strike.
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by jonescyras(m): 9:22am On Oct 03, 2013
[quote author=dutchstar]Wonder why these days all propective undergraduates put first is money.Young man you motivation here is money.i need to disappoint you that it doesnt work that way.If all you wan to do is work for shell or a company with a fat pay, what if that doesnt happen? You will be the most frustrated person on it. In the pursuit of a career, your passion must be your motivating factor, so that you will enjoy what you do and it will just come easily.I am yet to see a man who is passionate about what he does without being successful @ it....young man please follow you passion..i want to believe you still have age on your side so rather than go on with phylosophy and religious studies why not write another jamb and get a course of your choice. A friend of mine wanted to be a medical doctor but got admission to study microbiology. He did study microbiology got his degree and later went back to study medicine and today he is a fantastic doctor practising here in Canada....the call is yours young man..[/
quote]
Thanks very much sir . I have received lot of advice,n I have made up my mind to carry on with the course ......I'm just 20.
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by jonescyras(m): 9:23am On Oct 03, 2013
dutchstar: Wonder why these days all propective undergraduates put first is money.Young man you motivation here is money.i need to disappoint you that it doesnt work that way.If all you wan to do is work for shell or a company with a fat pay, what if that doesnt happen? You will be the most frustrated person on it. In the pursuit of a career, your passion must be your motivating factor, so that you will enjoy what you do and it will just come easily.I am yet to see a man who is passionate about what he does without being successful @ it....young man please follow you passion..i want to believe you still have age on your side so rather than go on with phylosophy and religious studies why not write another jamb and get a course of your choice. A friend of mine wanted to be a medical doctor but got admission to study microbiology. He did study microbiology got his degree and later went back to study medicine and today he is a fantastic doctor practising here in Canada....the call is yours young man..
Thanks very much sir . I have received lot of
advice,n I have made up my mind to carry on with
the course ......I'm just 20.
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Toshibasexy(m): 9:31am On Oct 03, 2013
admin approve this newly created thread https://www.nairaland.com/1463455/isnt-amazing#18538968
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by collynzo2(m): 9:33am On Oct 03, 2013
jonescyras: Thanks very much sir . I have received lot of advice,n I have made up my mind to carry on with
the course ......I'm just 20.
who said 20 is ''just''? Some of your mates are doing youth service now, some are already earning a living. Take away that mentality.
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by jonescyras(m): 9:43am On Oct 03, 2013
collynzo2: who said 20 is ''just''? Some of your mates are doing youth service now, some are already earning a living. Take away that mentality.
Sir/ma, it depends on someone's background!
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by freestuv: 9:46am On Oct 03, 2013
nwajoshua: just become Mad and live in the bush like ur predecessors winkjust become Mad and live in the bush like ur predecessors

What's this one saying
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by dude99(m): 9:58am On Oct 03, 2013
jonescyras: I just got admitted to study PHILOSOPHY AND RELIGIOUS STUDIES at adekunle ajasin university,akungba. I have googled it but all I saw was, being a lecturer...and I aint good at lecturing and besides, I never wanted to be a lecturer. Pls where and what can I work as,as a philosopher.....thanks
. My Big Thanks to the Mods and all that have taken their precious time to advise me...
..You have saved me.
You won't understand how glad I am when I saw you question,that's the same course am into and am also a student there.well!you will find the course interesting and funny also.I wish I could just know you we u resume.my email is adedapofm1@gmail.com
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by fabby26(m): 10:00am On Oct 03, 2013
collynzo2: who said 20 is ''just''? Some of your mates are doing youth service now, some are already earning a living. Take away that mentality.

Must everybody happen to engage in youth service at that said age. So what's the point of comparing him with his mates that has finished tertiary education at that his age. Are you sure you were even through with secondary school at that age? How many people you know that have done with university education at that age here in Naija, not when ASUU enjoy keeping students at school pass their age.
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Policewoman(f): 10:25am On Oct 03, 2013
..You have saved me.
You can be a priest or pastor.
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Guyman02: 11:08am On Oct 03, 2013
This guy said he wanted PDP sorry I mean Political Science and he was offered APC sorry I mean Philosophy and he is asking what he can with it.
The answer is for him to go for New PDP sorry I mean new Philosophy/Political Science double honours.

Confusion: Na so craze dey start.

Why would ASUU not go on strike to protest the state of Nigerian schools when students are given admission into courses they know nothing about because of federal character or quota system. He applied for Pol Science and that is what he should be given not forcing him into Philosophy.

I had a similar experience whereby I applied for Engineering and ended up studying environmental science because I had written several JAMB I couldnt afford to go back home and had to grudgingly do the course. After graduation from the University I realized that my passion still lied with Engineering and today I had to enroll at a Polytechnic Part time Engineering Programme and started from Pre-HND (equivalent to ND II) to satisfy my passion and I love it, I am currently gainfully employed but I still have to pursue my dream.

You may continue with that course instead of going back home to stay idle and then do a change of course later while applying for another JAMB and if any of the two works out then go for it and probably sacrifice one academic year if you use another JAMB or if you are lucky your department may allow you go to your desired course where you may have to retake some year one courses. Good Luck!
Re: What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy? by Anuoluwap(m): 11:25am On Oct 03, 2013
Henriblings: plz pals is public admin a good couse to study?
A big fat YES. Almost like Political Science. You'll have d chances to work in any central or local government structure. Anything that has to do with government & public. Even marketing. Go 4 it

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Happie Boiz Spotted Entertaining Guests At A Cyprus Club Last Night (video) / See What A U.S. University Says About Nigerians Studying There / Fresh University Graduate Awaiting NYSC Dies In Her Sleep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.