Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Jesus Is Still Alive - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Is Still Alive (2561 Views)

Late Dr. Myles Munroe’s Family Issues Statement | Both Children Alive And Well / Is John The Beloved( One Of The Apostles Of Jesus Christ) Still Alive / I Was Shot By Armed Robbers Three Times But Still Alive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Is Still Alive by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 30, 2013
How?

How can one claim a man hung on the cross years back is still alive? What proof do you have?

Does he live in the same way my late loved ones exist, in my memories and mind?

Or does he physically exist somewhere in heaven or earth?

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Is Still Alive by RationalDude(m): 2:12pm On Sep 30, 2013
Jesus is alive.
Proof:
the tomb is empty
halleluyah!!

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Is Still Alive by Nobody: 2:14pm On Sep 30, 2013
RationalDude: Jesus is alive.
Proof:
the tomb is empty
halleluyah!!

An empty tomb is only proof of a missing body, not a resurrected one.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Is Still Alive by RationalDude(m): 2:24pm On Sep 30, 2013
Okay, lemme engage you.
aManFromMars:

An empty tomb is only proof of a missing body, not a resurrected one.
There were soldiers guarding the tomb but yet.......
Re: Jesus Is Still Alive by Nobody: 2:27pm On Sep 30, 2013
RationalDude: Okay, lemme engage you. There were soldiers guarding the tomb but yet.......

Matt. 28:
11 Now while they were on their way, some of the guard came into the city and reported to the chief priests all that had happened.
12 And when they had assembled with the elders and consulted together, they gave a large sum of money to the soldiers,
13 and said, “You are to say, ‘His disciples came by night and stole Him away while we were asleep.’
14 “And if this should come to the governor’s ears, we will win him over and keep you out of trouble.”
15 And they took the money and did as they had been instructed; and this story was widely spread among the Jews, and is to this day.

Which story we go believe?
Re: Jesus Is Still Alive by Ajibam: 2:32pm On Sep 30, 2013
1 John 1:1-10 That which was from the beginning,which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we looked upon and have touched with our hands, concerning the word of life— the life was made manifest, and we have seen it, and testify to it and proclaim to you the eternal life,which was with the Father and was made manifest to us— that which we have seen and heard we proclaim also to you, so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son Jesus Christ. And we are writing these things so that our joy may be complete. This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. ...

HE LIVES IN ME,HE MANIFEST GREATLY IN MY LIFE AND HE IS COMING BACK FOR ME,A DEAD MAN CAN'T DO THAT...

Acts 1:11 And said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into heaven? This Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will come in the same way as you saw him go into heaven

.”John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Is Still Alive by Ajibam: 2:37pm On Sep 30, 2013
aManFromMars:

Matt. 28:
11 Now while they were on their way, some of the guard came into the city and reported to the chief priests all that had happened.
12 And when they had assembled with the elders and consulted together, they gave a large sum of money to the soldiers,
13 and said, “You are to say, ‘His disciples came by night and stole Him away while we were asleep.’
14 “And if this should come to the governor’s ears, we will win him over and keep you out of trouble.”
15 And they took the money and did as they had been instructed; and this story was widely spread among the Jews, and is to this day.

.the angel confirm the resurrection to them (mark16;6)
Re: Jesus Is Still Alive by RationalDude(m): 2:38pm On Sep 30, 2013
aManFromMars:

Matt. 28:

It seems like the author of Matthew was desperate to prove that Jesus did resurrect. First off, I still don't understand how he knew what the soldiers discussed with the chief priest (the meeting would have been done in secret) and why exactly would the chief priests try to discredit Jesus' resurrection after hearing such an incredible story that would have proven beyond doubt that Jesus was their messaih.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Is Still Alive by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 30, 2013
RationalDude: It seems like the author of Matthew was desperate to prove that Jesus did resurrect. First off, I still don't understand how he knew what the soldiers discussed with the chief priest (the meeting would have been done in secret) and why exactly would the chief priests try to discredit Jesus' resurrection after hearing such an incredible story that would have proven beyond doubt that Jesus was their messaih.

John 20:31
But these are written so that you may continue to believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing in him you will have life by the power of his name.
Re: Jesus Is Still Alive by nato14(f): 2:57pm On Sep 30, 2013
very much alive.
Re: Jesus Is Still Alive by RationalDude(m): 3:01pm On Sep 30, 2013
aManFromMars:

John 20:31
But these are written so that you may continue to believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing in him you will have life by the power of his name.
Oh.... Now i see why they needed four different accounts of the same event (it is even more than four)
Re: Jesus Is Still Alive by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:33pm On Sep 30, 2013
Jesus was not dead on the cross. He did not resurrect too. The lies were designed by the church to raise Jesus into a divine status.

@OP. Your magic questions on my thread are answered. See them for yourself and lets roll https://www.nairaland.com/1459258/atheism-spirituality-two-coexist/1#18463357
Re: Jesus Is Still Alive by mazaje(m): 7:52pm On Sep 30, 2013
RationalDude: Jesus is alive.
Proof:
the tomb is empty
halleluyah!!

Which tomb and where is the empty tomb located?. . .
Re: Jesus Is Still Alive by Nobody: 8:03pm On Sep 30, 2013
Humor me, was it his spirit that went to heaven or he resurrected in his human form?? embarassed
Re: Jesus Is Still Alive by italo: 8:14pm On Sep 30, 2013
How I wish many Christians were as obsessed with my Jesus as many Atheists.
Re: Jesus Is Still Alive by peterphd(m): 8:31pm On Sep 30, 2013
italo: How I wish many Christians were as obsessed with my Jesus as many Atheists.
I wish you could defend your God
Re: Jesus Is Still Alive by italo: 8:36pm On Sep 30, 2013
Why should I defend my God?

peterphd:
I wish you could defend your God
Re: Jesus Is Still Alive by mazaje(m): 8:42pm On Sep 30, 2013
italo: Why should I defend my God?

isn't that what you have been doing here on the religious section?. . .
Re: Jesus Is Still Alive by Nobody: 11:24pm On Sep 30, 2013
Yeah you see. He's alive. He still touches lives and works miracles today. We are witnesses of his message and life you see. Christ is in us, he's the hope of glory. He's not alive like a memory, he's alive phy-si-ca-lly. He's alive, whether you think so or not you see. His message is a powerful one. The I AM became a man amd died, and opened forth his eyes in victory. Hallelujah.
You can have life, and freedom from sin, once you believe in the name of this very-much alive God-man(not half-man half God muskeeto, fully God, fully man)
That's what makes this message unique you see.

Blessed be the name of the lord.

That at the name of Jesus, every knee shall bow,(of things in heaven, things on earth, and things under the earth), and every tongue shall confess that Jesus is lord, to the glory of the father.

This is reality. This message is backed by the word and power of God. Yeah. He's mighty to save.
Re: Jesus Is Still Alive by MrTroll(m): 1:04am On Oct 01, 2013
My great grandmother is also alive. Halleluya! *insert Chibuebem gibberish here*
micksuingelaitsurnliarongfilurgehrulige

she's working miracles in my life today. Believe it and you shall be saved!

3 Likes

Re: Jesus Is Still Alive by peterphd(m): 2:52am On Oct 01, 2013
italo: Why should I defend my God?

You go about saying he's alive but when you are asked for evidence you just don't have anything that can't be debunked to present.where is the Jesus? Where is the tomb? You must also remember that without a body, you can't claim that someone is dead not to even say alive.Till you present such evidence, we reserve the right to open the holes in your "you must have faith to see him" experiment.
Re: Jesus Is Still Alive by Nobody: 3:44am On Oct 01, 2013
Ajibam:
1 John 1:1-10 That which was from the beginning,which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we looked upon and have touched with our hands, concerning the word of life— the life was made manifest, and we have seen it, and testify to it and proclaim to you the eternal life,which was with the Father and was made manifest to us— that which we have seen and heard we proclaim also to you, so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son Jesus Christ. And we are writing these things so that our joy may be complete. This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. ...

Bro, did you even read the OP?

Ajibam:
HE LIVES IN ME,HE MANIFEST GREATLY IN MY LIFE AND HE IS COMING BACK FOR ME,A DEAD MAN CAN'T DO THAT...
He lives in you and he's coming back for you? He's in your mind and somewhere else?

Ajibam:
Acts 1:11 And said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into heaven? This Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will come in the same way as you saw him go into heaven

.”John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.

angry angry angry angry

Please go through the OP again, or just ignore my threads and save me the headache.
Re: Jesus Is Still Alive by Nobody: 4:00am On Oct 01, 2013
HE's alive, amen, HE's alive.
Jesus is alive, forever, HE's alive amen!!!
HE's alive, amen, He's alive.
Jesus is alive, forever, HE's alive, amen!!!
Re: Jesus Is Still Alive by italo: 8:20am On Oct 01, 2013
Is it?

mazaje:

isn't that what you have been doing here on the religious section?. . .
Re: Jesus Is Still Alive by italo: 8:27am On Oct 01, 2013
Many people are perceiving the evidence everyday. This keeps billions in their faith and leads many to conversion to the faith. That is good enough for me.

If you refuse to believe, why should I bother my head?

What have I to gain or loose?

Why should I defend God from you?

peterphd:
You go about saying he's alive but when you are asked for evidence you just don't have anything that can't be debunked to present.where is the Jesus? Where is the tomb? You must also remember that without a body, you can't claim that someone is dead not to even say alive.Till you present such evidence, we reserve the right to open the holes in your "you must have faith to see him" experiment.
Re: Jesus Is Still Alive by Nobody: 8:27am On Oct 01, 2013
italo: Many people are perceiving the evidence everyday. This keeps billions in their faith and leads many to conversion to the faith. That is good enough for me.

I guess you've run out of dribbling space. smiley
Re: Jesus Is Still Alive by peterphd(m): 12:08pm On Oct 01, 2013
aManFromMars:

Italo too dey dodge.
Re: Jesus Is Still Alive by peterphd(m): 12:09pm On Oct 01, 2013
italo: Many people are perceiving the evidence everyday. This keeps billions in their faith and leads many to conversion to the faith. That is good enough for me.

Religion is the opium of the masses.You are high on opium.
Re: Jesus Is Still Alive by italo: 1:19pm On Oct 01, 2013
aManFromMars:

I've never needed dribbling space. Never needed to dribble.
Re: Jesus Is Still Alive by italo: 1:20pm On Oct 01, 2013
peterphd:
Italo too dey dodge.

What am I dodging?

Please tell me.
Re: Jesus Is Still Alive by italo: 1:25pm On Oct 01, 2013
peterphd:

Religion is the opium of the masses.You are high on opium.

That's your opinion.

My opinion is: JESUS LIVES FOREVER!
Re: Jesus Is Still Alive by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 01, 2013
Mr Troll: My great grandmother is also alive. Halleluya! *insert Chibuebem gibberish here*
micksuingelaitsurnliarongfilurgehrulige

she's working miracles in my life today. Believe it and you shall be saved!
is that troll language @ bolded?
Cool.
Never knew Trolls were articulate. grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Wet Dream A Sin Or Having Sex In Dreams A Sin? / Who Are The Yoruba Gods and other traditional deities? Are They Really Evil?? / Seun, Beware!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.