Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke (31832 Views)

Sinners And Saints: Who Destroyed Nigeria? - Enemi George / Road To War :nigeria To Sign Defence Pact With Russia Over Bakassi/cameroon. / Why It Is Illogical To Claim That 'PDP' Destroyed Nigeria For Sixteen Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by Coolegz(m): 7:49pm On Oct 12, 2013
its an insult to nigeria. 4 a country lyk france 2 threathen nigeria.* to the extend of wiping them out. And its also a lesson 4 nigeria 2 go into massive effective and improved technology in other to be ready at al tym . Thou no body is praying 4 evil.
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by Gorrbachev: 7:49pm On Oct 12, 2013
One_Naira: So that's why Nigeria chickened out. Without UK,USA,China and many other nations backing them up, they can't get balls to fight France. LMFAO, the same nation that's always running their mouth on how it's "superior" military defeated Biafra even with France backing it up. Roflmao.

Nigeria was actually fighting France with biafra as its proxy. The operation was directly ordered by Gen. De Gaulle, it failed in 79 with biafra loosing and they tried again and got bakassi. biafrans should blame france for genocide. When i have time, i'll upload the documentary again, aljazeera removed it. The French African connection episode 2 tongue tongue tongue

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1269925_Black_Scorpion_jpgd3057d4afd0afe3977e754b23323963f

1 Like

Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by cap28: 7:53pm On Oct 12, 2013
vedaxcool:

we should have stood our ground.
Can Nigeria survive an economic trade embargo from Europe and the United States?

1 Like

Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by Nobody: 7:53pm On Oct 12, 2013
eaglechild:
The French did put up a resistance, Free French movement, fought throughout.
I agree WW2 will remain an indelible embarrassment, but come to think of it, perhaps if a proper battle was fought, the world would have lost the priceless treasures of Paris including the Louvre.
A large chunk of European history and civilisation would have been erased.
In any case, do you think if Britain and France were to swap locations, the same fate would not have befallen the Brits?

Lol at mini Napoleon complex. Sounds good.

The British empire will most likely go down as greatest empire the world has ever seen. I am still amazed how a small island were able to take over most of the world. They took what they wanted. Remember most of the Americas was controlled by the French and Spanish. Look at it today. Britain has had more influence in the world than any other country.
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by eaglechild: 7:53pm On Oct 12, 2013
vedaxcool:

we should have stood our ground.
Didn't they?
You were referring to Biafran war in your post in case you forgot.
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by cap28: 8:06pm On Oct 12, 2013
Coolegz: its an insult to nigeria. 4 a country lyk france 2 threathen nigeria.* to the extend of wiping them out. And its also a lesson 4 nigeria 2 go into massive effective and improved technology in other to be ready at al tym . Thou no body is praying 4 evil.

But your president goodluck sided with France the other day when france bombed ivory coast he also supported France's attack on Libya so what are you talking about? They do not see you as their equal not to talk of a threat, if Nigeria were to dare go to war with france they will face the full might of nato

2 Likes

Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by eaglechild: 8:07pm On Oct 12, 2013
Kingmojo:

The British empire will most likely go down as greatest empire the world has ever seen. I am still amazed how a small island were able to take over most of the world. They took what they wanted. Remember most of the Americas was controlled by the French and Spanish. Look at it today. Britain has had more influence in the world than any other country.
No doubt,the British empire is one of the greatest.(don't know if they are greater than the Roman empire).

The world is in cycles

The Roman empire
The British empire

The American domination.
(Remember the French role in making America the supposed land of the free.)
Now CHINA.
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by vedaxcool(m): 8:08pm On Oct 12, 2013
cap28:
Can Nigeria survive an economic trade embargo from Europe and the United States?

yes we can if we want to, necessity is the mother of invention.
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by vedaxcool(m): 8:13pm On Oct 12, 2013
eaglechild:
Didn't they?
You were referring to Biafran war in your post in case you forgot.

my point was we have a bad history with The French - their wicked support for biafra led to needless deaths - hence when the bakasi issue crept up we should have stood our ground rather than be twice beaten by them white niggars.
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by confusion247(m): 8:31pm On Oct 12, 2013
chidindufrank: This is one reason we must get our Biafra back. Cameron and France will then know who owns Bakassi. Gowon may the sword never depart from your village,family and household
Guy don't worry, Fulani herdsmen is doing just that. Gowon is all alone like an orphan, no USA, no BRITAIN, no RUSSIA, no Nigeria Soldiers, no SOKOTO caliphate, to help him, suddenly Gowon have turned to a hypocritical prayer warrior. Fulaniiiiiiiiiiiiii Poweraaaaaaaaa. grin grin grin grin
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 12, 2013
eaglechild:
There was Vichy France and the rest of France.
France continued fighting.
They also sacrificed a lot
Charles de Gaulle kept on fighting from exile.
Trust me Britain would have fallen to the Germans.
The same Brits have fallen to the French several times and vice versa.

Fighting? - How? Pockets of dissidents with firecrackers when the Germans were all over France eating french fries. grin

I agree. The UK would've fallen but either intentionally (due to the German British royals), or the narcissistic attitude of the Germans, they left the UK for the Ruski's.

The bolded part cracked me up. Even the British royals were in the UK with the people sharing rations with them but Charles de Gaulle was in exile like the cowardly French blood in him - hysterical.
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by Nobody: 8:40pm On Oct 12, 2013
Kingmojo:

I'd say in modern times not ever. Come on, the Egyptians own that title.

The Brits had the advantage of building a very great Navy when others were complacent and they maximised their gains with that.
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by cap28: 8:44pm On Oct 12, 2013
vedaxcool:

yes we can if we want to, necessity is the mother of invention.
True but u still need to be able to trade, who will we buy arms from in order to defend ourselves?
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by confusion247(m): 8:47pm On Oct 12, 2013
kettykin: I once asked the question of whether the same people who once boasted of how the would spill the last drop of their hypocritical blood to defend the unity of nigeria were so reluctant to spare a drop of sweat to defend the only oil rich island Nigeria has apart from bonny.
Knowing fully well how Nigeria does not keep to agreement particularly international agreements decided to abide 100% by the ICJ ruling which most other African countries like Sudan, Kenya, Zimbabwe call bluff.

The generals who often boasted of their exploits during the uncivil war fought to keep Nigeria one but kept mute like dumb asses when bakassi was mentioned.
Hypocrites like Gowon, danjuma, Obasanjo, domkat bali, Useni, babangida and the most recent clown Alabi Isama and his storytelling partners (Adekunle and Akirinade)
Should please stop their tales by moonlight and a complete waste of newspaper pages which could have generated money for the newspaper houses through adverts and
Kept their funny ponytail lies to their gullible wives and girl friends.
Nigerians are tired of the fake and blatantly falsified war bravery stories of these Overnight generals.
Any fake or falsified war stories by any overnight war generals would lead to a court case
You people will not kill me with all this yabis. The truth is that Biafra have refused to die.
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by eaglechild: 9:01pm On Oct 12, 2013
shymexx:

Fighting? - How? Pockets of dissidents with firecrackers when the Germans were all over France eating french fries. grin

I agree. The UK would've fallen but either intentionally (due to the German British royals), or the narcissistic attitude of the Germans, they left the UK for the Ruski's.

The bolded part cracked me up. Even the British royals were in the UK with the people sharing rations with them but Charles de Gaulle was in exile like the cowardly French blood in him - hysterical.
Lol!
Perhaps i stretched the Charles de Gaulle part, but he is considered a hero.
You really carry a red passport, which you are proud of.
Kudos.
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by confusion247(m): 9:03pm On Oct 12, 2013
kettykin: Please apart from the uncivil war of 1967 which was fought and won by a combination of Soviet union military war heads British empire military ammunition and arsenal, Egypt and East Germany pilots, chadian mercenary, Niger Republic mercenaries support from Arab world AndOAU, how many other wars has Nigeria contemplated, fought, participated, won, drew or even lost. If the military gang up I mentioned above had supported biafra we all know what the outcome wouldn't have been.
This question is what happened to the overnight generals who swore to spill the last drop of their hypocritical blood for Nigeria when Cameroon took bakassi , did they need an abacha before spilling the last drop of their useless blood
Nigeria generals specializes in coups and counter coups. Boko haram is a clear example of their might where they kill shekeau four times every month. grin grin

1 Like

Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by castrokins(m): 9:28pm On Oct 12, 2013
My Question Is Simple, How Did Abacha Keep Them Cameroun & France Away? Why Wasn't Bakassi Ceded Before The Return Of Civilian Rule??
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by Symphony007: 9:53pm On Oct 12, 2013
Since william the conqueror invaded britain 1,000 years ago, no foreign power has crossed the english channel talk less of setting foot on british soil...long live brittannia.
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 12, 2013
Caleboha: sadIts stupid to even contemplate a war with France. See how Boko haram, few uneducated, poorly trained riff raffs slaughter Nigerian soldiers daily. Naija will no longer exist on world map if we try that. War isn't mere talk, its war!!!
U no know wetin u dey talk @ all. How'd u compare Nigerian military with d boko boys? Do u think they can stand?... U beta do a rethink. BTW, I dont think u know anything about d military.
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by bobbymore: 10:28pm On Oct 12, 2013
Licensed-2-Kill:
I see no sense in this post. Some dumbass jst dont understand how international politics works. The worst france could have done was to back cameroon up with weapons and tactical advice like they did in libya. They wouldnt dare raised a single finger against Nigeria and well, that's not because they can not.

Why didnt they dare Nigeria when Abacha was head of state? Its a total lie that Nigeria would have been wiped out. France knew how chicken hearted and corrupt our civilian leaders were, that's why they settled a lot of them during that period and made them to sign the green tree agreement. Besides, if Bakassi was in the West, would Nigeria had lost it? Yes, we longer own Bakassi Peninsular, how about the citizens of Nigeria who have lost their ancestral homes, relics, etc because they were forced out of their heritage, those same people are passing through a hell of a time. They don't have accommodation, health care, education for the younger one's etc etc. the Bakassi people are suffering. Money's have been provided for them, but our Oga's at the top have siphoned all of it, leaving the people in a sore state. Too bad.
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by bobbymore: 10:28pm On Oct 12, 2013
Licensed-2-Kill:
I see no sense in this post. Some dumbass jst dont understand how international politics works. The worst france could have done was to back cameroon up with weapons and tactical advice like they did in libya. They wouldnt dare raised a single finger against Nigeria and well, that's not because they can not.

Why didnt they dare Nigeria when Abacha was head of state? Its a total lie that Nigeria would have been wiped out. France knew how chicken hearted and corrupt our civilian leaders were, that's why they settled a lot of them during that period and made them to sign the green tree agreement. Besides, if Bakassi was in the West, would Nigeria had lost it? Yes, we longer own Bakassi Peninsular, how about the citizens of Nigeria who have lost their ancestral homes, relics, etc because they were forced out of their heritage, those same people are passing through a hell of a time. They don't have accommodation, health care, education for the younger one's etc etc. the Bakassi people are suffering. Money's have been provided for them, but our Oga's at the top have siphoned all of it, leaving the people in a sore state. Too bad.
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by sweetgala(m): 11:02pm On Oct 12, 2013
Its not just about military might but what we stand to loose. The war would not be fought on the beaches of Normandy but right in our backdoor. The Nigerian civilian casualties would be great.
I guess diplomacy won in the end, we had conceded so much to the Cameroonians in the past that after the war ends what happened to Germany after both world wars would be our portion. We would loose face.
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by pazienza(m): 11:30pm On Oct 12, 2013
Gorrbachev:

Nigeria was actually fighting France with biafra as its proxy. The operation was directly ordered by Gen. De Gaulle, it failed in 79 with biafra loosing and they tried again and got bakassi. biafrans should blame france for genocide. When i have time, i'll upload the documentary again, aljazeera removed it. The French African connection episode 2 tongue tongue tongue

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1269925_Black_Scorpion_jpgd3057d4afd0afe3977e754b23323963f

Stop smoking whatever you smoked before you typed this rubbish, it's not good for your health.

1 Like

Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by pazienza(m): 11:35pm On Oct 12, 2013
sweet_gala: Its not just about military might but what we stand to loose. The war would not be fought on the beaches of Normandy but right in our backdoor. The Nigerian civilian casualties would be great.
I guess diplomacy won in the end, we had conceded so much to the Cameroonians in the past that after the war ends what happened to Germany after both world wars would be our portion. We would loose face.

There are no 'we', Nigeria cannot fight off an external aggressor because, Nigeria does not exist. If Nigeria attempts to fight an external aggressor,who will fight for her? definitely not any sane Igbo son, if Nigeria goes into any war today, it will be be brought to its knee by already existing fifth columns. Your leaders are aware of this fact, hence why they chickened out of Cameroon confrontation, bunch of cowards. Only a real country will it citizens sacrifice their blood for, nobody will die for Nigeria, she is a joke.

1 Like

Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by Nobody: 11:41pm On Oct 12, 2013
I have taken my time to read through all comments on this thread. I have resolved that the bakassi scenario wasn't that bad for an easy give away. So painful 2 know OBJ gave up Bakassi 2 Cameroon bc France threatened 2 level Nigeria a statement I rate 0/10 on diplomatic scale. True leaders are dead and gone. Just like someone said in comment I read, tables will turn and we will reclaim what is ours.

I cant imagine Gej visiting a man who has remained adamant to visit Nigeria all in the name of super powers!
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by 1209hsn: 12:34am On Oct 13, 2013
Cameroun can't dare dat with Abacha. Is dat why they re habouring boko haram?

1 Like

Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by ushafe(m): 12:57am On Oct 13, 2013
it clear that nigerians are orphans comes when to international issues
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by thoth: 1:07am On Oct 13, 2013
You can now see the stupidity and the inferiority complex of Nigerian leaders, Gone were the days we have real leaders and intelligent people who really loved and felt proud of their nation. All these statements were just lies and a result of gross inferiority complex of our leaders starting from Our president to the governors.
A question ;

Why didn't France wipe out Nigeria when Abacha totally smashed the Cameroonians at Bakassi ?

With all the international hatred on Nigeria then and all the Sanctions on Abacha from both west and European Union , why didn't they wipe us out. Duke is either an id1ot or a liar and we all knew Obasanjo sold Nigeria out to his Imperialist Masters.

1 Like

Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by smithjanetstore: 1:15am On Oct 13, 2013
so bakassi does not belong to nigeria or whats really happening
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by igbo2011(m): 1:21am On Oct 13, 2013
cap28:
True but u still need to be able to trade, who will we buy arms from in order to defend ourselves?

We need to invest in building our own military with equipment made by ourselves! Did you know that China built Ghana's ministry of defense? We are still slaves and dependent.
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by igbo2011(m): 1:23am On Oct 13, 2013
thoth: You can now see the stupidity and the inferiority complex of Nigerian leaders, Gone were the days we have real leaders and intelligent people who really loved and felt proud of their nation. All these statements were just lies and a result of gross inferiority complex of our leaders starting from Our president to the governors.
A question ;

Why did France wipe out Nigeria when Abacha totally smashed the Cameroonians at Bakassi ?

With all the international hatred on Nigeria then and all the Sanctions on Abacha from both west and European Union , why didn't they wipe us out. Duke is either an idiot or a liar and we all knew Obasanjo sold Nigeria out to his Imperialist Masters.
Where do you get this information from? I want to learn more. Thoth are you a professor in International relations? You know so much. I am proud we have people like you. I hope you get into government one day.
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by vedaxcool(m): 7:56am On Oct 13, 2013
cap28:

the west bluffing, and serious minded nations plan for contingencies hence the west might not supply us weapons but the trade in oil goes on, or we could have arm the bakasians to defend their land, while supporting them. everthing requires planning and strategy but as a country we have spent more time bickering than solidifying our position.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Detained Ex-CSO Diabetic, Hypertensive But Denied His Drugs, Lawyer Cries Out / Christmas: Orji Kalu Feeds 890 Inmates In Kuje (Photos) / Customs Confirms Face-Off Between Residents, Officers In Ibarapa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.