Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke (31833 Views)

Sinners And Saints: Who Destroyed Nigeria? - Enemi George / Road To War :nigeria To Sign Defence Pact With Russia Over Bakassi/cameroon. / Why It Is Illogical To Claim That 'PDP' Destroyed Nigeria For Sixteen Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by nairaman66(m): 8:47am On Oct 01, 2013
There are a lot more to this than it meets the eye! Y'all forgot that Nigerian Leaders are always sold out? If you know what I mean..

1 Like

Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by gare(f): 9:03am On Oct 01, 2013
My Mouth: would they hv made that treat if it were Abacha? guys go and read ur history, france is a world power bt hw many wars have they won in History? They are onu good in starting wars and pullin out wen it gets hot. e.g vitnem

Thanks for that if Duke can come out and say he is afraid of France then he is not fit to rule us, I learnt he had presidential ambitions this is how he would give this country out to super powers all in the name that they are so powerful.

It shows that they read and they gather themselves with thieves and are there to loot and give out part of our country.

1 Like

Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by kettykin: 9:14am On Oct 01, 2013
Please apart from the uncivil war of 1967 which was fought and won by a combination of Soviet union military war heads British empire military ammunition and arsenal, Egypt and East Germany pilots, chadian mercenary, Niger Republic mercenaries support from Arab world AndOAU, how many other wars has Nigeria contemplated, fought, participated, won, drew or even lost. If the military gang up I mentioned above had supported biafra we all know what the outcome wouldn't have been.
This question is what happened to the overnight generals who swore to spill the last drop of their hypocritical blood for Nigeria when Cameroon took bakassi , did they need an abacha before spilling the last drop of their useless blood

4 Likes

Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by Theben(m): 9:22am On Oct 01, 2013
gare: It was wrong of Nigeria to have released Bakasi to Cameroon,France would not have done anything,how many wars has France won in thier history,the French people are cowards.

Its very unfortunate that our leaders he could have stood their grounds gave in to the judgment, it is gone now and what are we doing to ensure that we have a strong military to protect this country.
It is never too late. We can still get back the land.

1 Like

Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by goldfish80(m): 10:01am On Oct 01, 2013
kettykin: Please apart from the uncivil war of 1967 which was fought and won by a combination of Soviet union military war heads British empire military ammunition and arsenal, Egypt and East Germany pilots, chadian mercenary, Niger Republic mercenaries support from Arab world AndOAU, how many other wars has Nigeria contemplated, fought, participated, won, drew or even lost. If the military gang up I mentioned above had supported biafra we all know what the outcome wouldn't have been.
This question is what happened to the overnight generals who swore to spill the last drop of their hypocritical blood for Nigeria when Cameroon took bakassi , did they need an abacha before spilling the last drop of their useless blood

Nigeria have only fought under-armed rebels and not any organized military outfit in a full blown war.Any general gloating about defeating under-armed rebels is a fool.

2 Likes

Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by oduasoulja: 10:07am On Oct 01, 2013
One_Naira: So that's why Nigeria chickened out. Without UK,USA,China and many other nations backing them up, they can't get balls to fight France. LMFAO, the same nation that's always running their mouth on how it's "superior" military defeated Biafra even with France backing it up. Roflmao.
Why are you this retarded,name one african country that can face france in any war and win.And must your useless biafra be mentioned on every thread.
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by Mylove55(f): 10:30am On Oct 01, 2013
I pray ooo,dat would have lead to 3rd world war,france would have be alone,there is no way u.s,uk would have secretly join us,apart frm dat,rusian and china always like to play opposition part to d so call superpower.look at syria and n/korea.
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by doctokwus: 10:37am On Oct 01, 2013
I wud b d greatest fool if I blieve such crap.This is crap taken to d height of stu pidity.So d french president showed duke wt d nig govt all our military formations,& threatened to level nigeria.For d info of those dumb enuf to bliv dis tale,first,luk at d source(2) no country utters such crap,no matter d interest (3)d consequences for france wud av bn great(4)france,can never,I repeat,never risk going to war against nigeria,militarily,strategically,economically fighting against nigeria wud av run its economy aground,d country is too big,too populated to evn dream of it.
I don't evn bliv duke had any such interview where he used words like dat

3 Likes

Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by solomon111(m): 10:47am On Oct 01, 2013
This is why we need nuclear deterents with ICBM capabilities against countries like france.
Anyway,i don't believe this story.
Any attack on Nigeria from france would lead to quick reprisals against cameroon,and france could also lose their economic influence in west africa.
So unless france is stupidd enough to endanger their economy for cameroon, then this story is BS.
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by Enahi(f): 10:51am On Oct 01, 2013
Hehehe the French are so smart,that was a gun boat policy used on Nigerians. Nigeria had no choice since they didn't have the backing of any of the major powers. Giant of Africa indeed.

1 Like

Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by Enahi(f): 10:54am On Oct 01, 2013
doctokwus: I wud b d greatest fool if I blieve such crap.This is crap taken to d height of stu pidity.So d french president showed duke wt d nig govt all our military formations,& threatened to level nigeria.For d info of those dumb enuf to bliv dis tale,first,luk at d source(2) no country utters such crap,no matter d interest (3)d consequences for france wud av bn great(4)france,can never,I repeat,never risk going to war against nigeria,militarily,strategically,economically fighting against nigeria wud av run its economy aground,d country is too big,too populated to evn dream of it.
you are so on point.
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by solomon111(m): 10:57am On Oct 01, 2013
Enahi: Hehehe the French are so smart,that was a gun boat policy used on Nigerians. Nigeria had no choice since they didn't have the backing of any of the major powers. Giant of Africa indeed.
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by solomon111(m): 10:58am On Oct 01, 2013
Enahi: Hehehe the French are so smart,that was a gun boat policy used on Nigerians. Nigeria had no choice since they didn't have the backing of any of the major powers. Giant of Africa indeed.
I wonder why we don't have a military defence pact with russia.
France would not even dare if that were the case.
Our leaders are taking "national independence" to extreme levels.
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by IdomaLikita: 11:02am On Oct 01, 2013
Germany Ceded Alsace-Lorraine to France in 1918(Treaty of Vienna)..What happened on 4th August 1939? They reclaimed it when opportunity presented itself!

If America believes Taiwan would remain Independent of the Chinese Mainland forever, then it is a Pitiful Grandiose Delusion!
The Complete Reunification of China is merely a matter of Time!

The Unification of the Korean Peninsula is also a Matter of Time! Both Koreas have Unification Ministries! America is merely Polarising the Peninsula because it serves her Strategic Interest in SouthEast Asia!

Nigeria by Ceding away the Bakassi Peninsula did the Right thing considering the Circumstances! We have ceded it, but have NOT forgotten it!
Soon, Tables would turn, Alliances would Shift, Opportunity shall present itself, and we will reclaim what is ours!

Do Not Despair my People! In International Diplomacy, Patience is an indispensable Tool!

Happy Independence True Patriots!
May God bless your Families

16 Likes

Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by Enahi(f): 11:15am On Oct 01, 2013
solomon111: I wonder why we don't have a military defence pact with russia.
France would not even dare if that were the case.
Our leaders are taking "national independence" to extreme levels.
that's so true I don't know why,but won't it affect Nigeria's relationship with America? U know America is NATO which includes 3 major powers( America,Britain and France) while Russia is Soviet union. You know an attack on any NATO member is an attack on all. But I don't fully understand how this thing work,wish you could lecture me a bit.
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by Afam4eva(m): 11:18am On Oct 01, 2013
This i8s what we get when we have sissies as leaders. It's like someone coming to a house you own and claim ownership of your house, wife and children and you give it to him because Baba Iyabo threatened to deal with you. Even if we don't have the armory to engage France, we should always stand our ground and not be intimidated. That's why i like Mugabe. Something like that will not happen under his nose.
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by Nobody: 11:25am On Oct 01, 2013
Am finding difficult to believe Duke used words in such manner.

In politics,local or international,once interests can be taped or manipulated then nothing is impossible,nigeria can still stand against france.
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by luckyDon1: 11:31am On Oct 01, 2013
doctokwus: I wud b d greatest fool if I blieve such crap.This is crap taken to d height of stu pidity.So d french president showed duke wt d nig govt all our military formations,& threatened to level nigeria.For d info of those dumb enuf to bliv dis tale,first,luk at d source(2) no country utters such crap,no matter d interest (3)d consequences for france wud av bn great(4)france,can never,I repeat,never risk going to war against nigeria,militarily,strategically,economically fighting against nigeria wud av run its economy aground,d country is too big,too populated to evn dream of it.
France cannot dare attacking us.I know they have a superior military power but they can't because America can never allow that taking into consideration that Nigeria is the most strategic partners of US in Africa and also a big oil supplier to the US economy.
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by IGBOSON1: 11:57am On Oct 01, 2013
Sunny_bobo: If they couldn't fight Biafra without the help of Britain, Russia and Egypt, how did you expect them to fight France?

^^^Profound statement! smiley That's why i laugh at peeps that say, 'you went to war with cutlass and we crushed you guys'!

How come they couldn't defeat 'little' Biafra in one year, but needed the help of countries like Egypt and world powers to 'crush' them?......shamelessly handing over Bakassi in the process!

If not for some miscalculations Ojukwu made, coupled with short sighted actions of traitors nearer home....if not for this, we could have witnessed a new dawn for all the peoples that make up the area formerly known as Southern Nigeria and the colony/protectorate of Lagos! We would have been the greatest black nation/s on mother earth!

6 Likes

Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by ACM10: 11:58am On Oct 01, 2013
So Nigeria cannot fight a war without the assistance of a superpower? Let me hear someone mention "Nigeria" and "giant of Africa" in the same sentence.

2 Likes

Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by Sukosam(m): 12:02pm On Oct 01, 2013
If my memory serves me correctly, Nigerian forces occupied the peninsula from the Abacha regime to when it was finally handed over... If that be the case, that would mean the military threat was issued after the icj judgement.. The question is where were french during those years? What rili happend was dat during the shagari regime, a security document detailing how nigeria would capture younde in 2 wks was leaked to the french. With this document, the the french govt threatened shagari with military action if cameroum was attacked, hence, the proposed military campaign against yaounde was cancelled.. This and coupled with the chadian boarder dispute were sum of the events at the time that undermined shagari's govt(by angering the military), hence setting the stage for a military coup.. But the question remains; where were d french when nigeria occupied majority of the community making up bakassi under the abacha regime?
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by ACM10: 12:05pm On Oct 01, 2013
Symphony007: It's so shamefull that most of this francophone african countries are just independent in name only. They can't sneeze without the permission from paris. Yet the world and indeed anglophone countries keep berating britain from colonialism, they have washed their hands off your country. But france is still actively practising colonialism and no one is saying anything. It's just stupid.

You can't repel external aggression without the assistance of Britain. All your internal policies must be approved at 42 Downing Street. You are eternally dependent on your Britain. Tell me how you are different from the countries you berate?
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by grafikii: 12:07pm On Oct 01, 2013
BAKASSI IS NOT DEAD AND BURIED, its time will come.

1 Like

Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by grafikii: 12:08pm On Oct 01, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Profound statement! smiley That's why i laugh at peeps that say, 'you went to war with cutlass and we crushed you guys'!

How come they couldn't defeat 'little' Biafra in one year, but needed the help of countries like Egypt and world powers to 'crush' them?......shamelessly handing over Bakassi in the process!

If not for some miscalculations Ojukwu made, coupled with short sighted actions of traitors nearer home....if not for this, we could have witnessed a new dawn for all the peoples that make up the area formerly known as Southern Nigeria and the colony/protectorate of Lagos! We would have been the greatest black nation/s on mother earth!
If the super powers didn't send benjamin adekunle, Nigeria would not defeat biafra
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by Nobody: 12:10pm On Oct 01, 2013
Fake story/interview. France would only put francophone countries in jeopardy if they issue such treats.. lol... I just pity Cameroon, our Rolands will be pointing their country for starters then the rest will follow
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by Nobody: 12:11pm On Oct 01, 2013
grafikii: BAKASSI IS NOT DEAD AND BURIED, its time will come.

Bakassi's time will come

So long as the inhabitants are Nigerians and wish to continue being Nigerians

Donald Duke did not choose his language carefully, I thought he was smarter than this.
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by IGBOSON1: 12:12pm On Oct 01, 2013
solomon111: This is why we need nuclear deterents with ICBM capabilities against countries like france.
Anyway,i don't believe this story.
Any attack on Nigeria from france would lead to quick reprisals against cameroon,and france could also lose their economic influence in west africa.
So unless france is stupidd enough to endanger their economy for cameroon, then this story is BS.

^^^Nuclear deterrent ke! undecided See how it's rolling off your tongue with ease.....bros, you think say nuclear deterrence na beans?

Our bumbling officials being what they are......they'd probably press the wrong button on the day and end up blowing up the whole country back to the ice ages!

9 Likes

Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by adino(m): 12:12pm On Oct 01, 2013
Story story story. Abacha chased the Camerounians far out of Bakassi and within some kilometers to Younde. Nigerian military killed many French troops in the battle of Bakassi and set up a permanent military F.O.B complete with weapons of mass destruction which the useless obj dismantled.
The Camerounians were awestruck whem Nigeria army was evacuating Bakassi.
Only ignorant folks out here will believe whatever they read.

3 Likes

Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by Nobody: 12:17pm On Oct 01, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Nuclear deterrent ke! undecided See how it's rolling off your tongue with ease.....bros, you think say nuclear deterrence na beans?

Our bumbling officials being what they are......they'd probably press the wrong button on the day and end up blowing up the whole country back to the ice ages!
grin grin
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by Caleboha(m): 12:33pm On Oct 01, 2013
sadIts stupid to even contemplate a war with France. See how Boko haram, few uneducated, poorly trained riff raffs slaughter Nigerian soldiers daily. Naija will no longer exist on world map if we try that. War isn't mere talk, its war!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Visa Goes For A Dollar In 13 Countries - Punch / WAEC Has Confirmed Adeleke’s Certificate, Show Yours – CUPP Dares Buhari / Christmas: Orji Kalu Feeds 890 Inmates In Kuje (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.