Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke (31834 Views)

Sinners And Saints: Who Destroyed Nigeria? - Enemi George / Road To War :nigeria To Sign Defence Pact With Russia Over Bakassi/cameroon. / Why It Is Illogical To Claim That 'PDP' Destroyed Nigeria For Sixteen Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by pitypec(m): 12:00pm On Oct 12, 2013
telexfree1:

Apparently you know little or nothing about world history.
they don't have any idea of how things work
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by alanmwene: 12:00pm On Oct 12, 2013
cheruv:
Your post shows aww ignorant bawt european history you're.french military history is much more impressive than that of any other european nation and they've produced some of the best military commanders who almost united europe eg charlemagne,louis XIV,napoleon.even during the civil war the meagre aid france gave Biafra was enough to elongate the Nigerian victory time frame from 6 to 30 months.french influence is everywhere even in Anglophone nations and you can't do anything bawt it
Are you going to compare frenchs to germans?And which French influence are you talking about?Do frenchs have any influence outside afrca?Anybody can have influence in Africa coz Africans aren't that smart!France is a small nation with small people and it is getting smaller and smaller by the days!
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by sambos994(m): 12:01pm On Oct 12, 2013
Where is cameroonpride, did i not tell you that if we fought over bakassi we wouldve won? grin grin cheesy. But of course the french backs you up.
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by wogorparadise: 12:19pm On Oct 12, 2013
Its a shame dat an ex gov is spewin these trash...... So even the united states can jst wake up and level nigeria? So how upatriotic these people ar........ God help us
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by Nobody: 12:24pm On Oct 12, 2013
Bakassi actually belongs to Nigeria, this is from history, but i realize, we don't have the military air power to fight france, cammeroun is nothing to Nigeria we can actually destroy them in few days. its high time we start building nuclear missiles, and long range balistic missiles to face any aggression from any country in the world no matter how strong they may be.

1 Like

Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by Jordanmusa(m): 12:32pm On Oct 12, 2013
kettykin: I once asked the question of whether the same people who once boasted of how the would spill the last drop of their hypocritical blood to defend the unity of nigeria were so reluctant to spare a drop of sweat to defend the only oil rich island Nigeria has apart from bonny.
Knowing fully well how Nigeria does not keep to agreement particularly international agreements decided to abide 100% by the ICJ ruling which most other African countries like Sudan, Kenya, Zimbabwe call bluff.

The generals who often boasted of their exploits during the uncivil war fought to keep Nigeria one but kept mute like dumb asses when bakassi was mentioned.
Hypocrites like Gowon, danjuma, Obasanjo, domkat bali, Useni, babangida and the most recent clown Alabi Isama and his storytelling partners (Adekunle and Akirinade)
Should please stop their tales by moonlight and a complete waste of newspaper pages which could have generated money for the newspaper houses through adverts and
Kept their funny ponytail lies to their gullible wives and girl friends.
Nigerians are tired of the fake and blatantly falsified war bravery stories of these Overnight generals.
Any fake or falsified war stories by any overnight war generals would lead to a court case
who's this retarded n.incompoop? I know say na ibo boy! Retard!
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by Coldfeet(f): 12:42pm On Oct 12, 2013
chidindufrank: This is one reason we must get our Biafra back. Cameron and France will then know who owns Bakassi. Gowon may the sword never depart from your village,family and household
GBAM!!!
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 12, 2013
i am not a supporter of gowon and almost all the administrations after him. i think gowon was particularly corrupt if only measuring him by his wedding victoria [an igbo woman, member of one of the peoples he was at war] with so much lavishness in the height of the war. gowon should even be seized now and charge to court in nigeria for his action.

i do not think ojukwu was a good leader either for not knowing how to keep peace. to you youth, i was almost in high school when the war started so this is not a history book thing or somebody embellishing a story to make himself look like a victim or a hero.

the people advocating biafra should know that if you get it, the igbo will discriminate against the minority ethnic groups as the dust settles. the yorubas who are mose homogenous among the 3 sectional countries that may emerge from the dissolution of present day nigeria may probably at some future point, discriminate among themselves by the ara oke and atoun rewa mindset.

every person thinks he is better in theory, if not in practice and that is attested within family structure; father thinks he must dominate mother because of gender. children do the same by birth right. there are many artificial proposition people use.

its high time the youths if they truly believe the future is for them to shape abandoned tribalism. go for nation building and build it faster than america did from first world war onward. france may bully nigeria today. if you youths make your nation of tomorrow emerge as powerful as france, by sheer nearness to the theater of war, france will be powerless and you can decimate her because you will have population advantage above all.

the disaster of the past, each of the leaders of the past has a slice of the blame. it is dishonest to imagine some are blameless. you have nigeria. work hard to make her great. america was not born great. it is by hard work that everyone wants to come to her.

best wishes to all of you.

2 Likes

Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by bong4(m): 1:02pm On Oct 12, 2013
cutievik: Your insult is greatly frown at by us as a nation,this is our thread not for cameroonians,respect the say is reciprocal,u have done things,bashed and insulted us a nation,now u curse our president too?,the luck u have dear is our identity is hided,if I should find u'don't make me'.you might make some people shed tears of sorrow.
Don't mind him. No Camerounian is intelligent enough to create something like nairaland. Ordinary sports competitions they can't host. No democracy...practising oldmancracy. How can a man lead a country for decades? With what technology will he tackle today's challenges? I'm sure tablets are yet to get there. If not for Samuel Eto, i'd be wondering what good thing can come out of Cameroun.
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by fydence: 1:14pm On Oct 12, 2013
adino: Story story story. Abacha chased the Camerounians far out of Bakassi and within some kilometers to Younde. Nigerian military killed many French troops in the battle of Bakassi and set up a permanent military F.O.B complete with weapons of mass destruction which the useless obj dismantled.
The Camerounians were awestruck whem Nigeria army was evacuating Bakassi.
Only ignorant folks out here will believe whatever they read.
The brains of Biafran eWarriors-in-softcopy cant process this truth...
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 12, 2013
eaglechild:
History books written by the British.
Have you never heard of Napoleon Bonaparte?
Do you know who won the hundred years war between France and England. Yes it was France.
Pls don't use only WW2 to judge.
Britain would have also fallen if not for US.

True napoleon defeated the whole Europe an the whole world would be speaking French by now if it wasn't for the Russian winter.

With regards to world war America did not do crap they entered the war when the war was almost over, people fail to realize America was going through the Great Depression at the time. It wasn't the super power it is now.

In fact America benefited from the ww2 because it allowed them to become the country it is right now.

One thing for sure Germans are bad asses, that's why the world decided that Germany shouldn't have an army.
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by Aedesmuskeeto: 1:23pm On Oct 12, 2013
kettykin: Please apart from the uncivil war of 1967 which was fought and won by a combination of Soviet union military war heads British empire military ammunition and arsenal, Egypt and East Germany pilots, chadian mercenary, Niger Republic mercenaries support from Arab world AndOAU, how many other wars has Nigeria contemplated, fought, participated, won, drew or even lost. If the military gang up I mentioned above had supported biafra we all know what the outcome wouldn't have been.
This question is what happened to the overnight generals who swore to spill the last drop of their hypocritical blood for Nigeria when Cameroon took bakassi , did they need an abacha before spilling the last drop of their useless blood
i still don't know why some peeps are still holding a grudge against naija due to the unfortunate civil war.
Pls how do we get ur forgiveness for pete's sake? Pls let it go would ya?
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by Nobody: 1:25pm On Oct 12, 2013
Things are happening!!!!! grin

If France threaten a country as big as Nigeria, don't you lot think it's high time Nigeria stopped punching above its height on the African continent? I honestly doubt France can say the same thing to Algeria, Egypt, Ethiopia and/or South Africa.

Hysterical thread! grin

2 Likes

Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by hotmas911(m): 1:33pm On Oct 12, 2013
Idoma Likita: Germany Ceded Alsace-Lorraine to France in 1918(Treaty of Vienna)..What happened on 4th August 1939? They reclaimed it when opportunity presented itself!

If America believes Taiwan would remain Independent of the Chinese Mainland forever, then it is a Pitiful Grandiose Delusion!
The Complete Reunification of China is merely a matter of Time!

The Unification of the Korean Peninsula is also a Matter of Time! Both Koreas have Unification Ministries! America is merely Polarising the Peninsula because it serves her Strategic Interest in SouthEast Asia!

Nigeria by Ceding away the Bakassi Peninsula did the Right thing considering the Circumstances! We have ceded it, but have NOT forgotten it!
Soon, Tables would turn, Alliances would Shift, Opportunity shall present itself, and we will reclaim what is ours!

Do Not Despair my People! In International Diplomacy, Patience is an indispensable Tool!

Happy Independence True Patriots!
May God bless your Families
i hope we would be ready to seize the opportunity when it comes.
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by hotmas911(m): 1:34pm On Oct 12, 2013
Idoma Likita: Germany Ceded Alsace-Lorraine to France in 1918(Treaty of Vienna)..What happened on 4th August 1939? They reclaimed it when opportunity presented itself!

If America believes Taiwan would remain Independent of the Chinese Mainland forever, then it is a Pitiful Grandiose Delusion!
The Complete Reunification of China is merely a matter of Time!

The Unification of the Korean Peninsula is also a Matter of Time! Both Koreas have Unification Ministries! America is merely Polarising the Peninsula because it serves her Strategic Interest in SouthEast Asia!

Nigeria by Ceding away the Bakassi Peninsula did the Right thing considering the Circumstances! We have ceded it, but have NOT forgotten it!
Soon, Tables would turn, Alliances would Shift, Opportunity shall present itself, and we will reclaim what is ours!

Do Not Despair my People! In International Diplomacy, Patience is an indispensable Tool!

Happy Independence True Patriots!
May God bless your Families
i hope we would be ready to seize the opportunity when it comes.
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 12, 2013
onila: Since 1980, there has been more murdered people in America than any other country in the world, yet we dont see them insult their president. If you knew how remote those villages are you will wonder if they were part of Nigeria. If govt spends over the roof to employ more security personnel, we are still the ones that will lament about cost of governance. This BH is political - They want to force GEJ to back down from 2015 which is hypocritical. No sane man gives in to such threats - if he does, we too will call him WEAK.
Lets be objective pls

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Who hijacked onila's handle? grin
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by expert555: 1:46pm On Oct 12, 2013
France action is well noted from now on is cold war against France from us all
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by Nobody: 1:50pm On Oct 12, 2013
eaglechild:
Do you know who won the hundred years war between France and England. Yes it was France.

Come on, now. I doubt Hitler really wanted to defeat the UK, to be honest. I believe he just wanted to bring the country to its kneels, but everything was more of a game than anything else. The Royal Family is German - and best believe they had direct communication with the Germans during the war. Heck, all of Germany's best military assets were deployed against the Russians in lieu of the UK.

That said, the yanks did help by selling weapons to the UK. However, without the brave Russians - there was absolutely no way the Americans would have defeated the Germans, trust me. Hence why most historians still question why Hitler attacked Russia. The Russians won the war.

Anyway, yes, the French used to great fighters, but since world war 2, they have been puzzies. Smashed in Algeria. Disgraced in Vietnam. Chickened out in Egypt during the Suez Canal crisis when the Soviets gave them a stern warning. France is puzzy! undecided

1 Like

Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 12, 2013
alanmwene:
Are you going to compare frenchs to germans?And which French influence are you talking about?Do frenchs have any influence outside afrca?Anybody can have influence in Africa coz Africans aren't that smart!France is a small nation with small people and it is getting smaller and smaller by the days!

Germans and the British are the baddest Europeans.

While the British and French were busy colonizing africa and other parts of the world.

Germany was asked how come you are not colonizing parts of the world like the British, French and Spanish are doing. Germans replied they can colonize other parts of the world but we will colonize them.
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by Nobody: 1:55pm On Oct 12, 2013
Kingmojo:
True napoleon defeated the whole Europe an the whole world would be speaking French by now if it wasn't for the Russian winter.

With regards to world war America did not do crap they entered the war when the war was almost over, people fail to realize America was going through the Great Depression at the time. It wasn't the super power it is now.

In fact America benefited from the ww2 because it allowed them to become the country it is right now.

One thing for sure Germans are bad asses, that's why the world decided that Germany shouldn't have an army.

Americans and Americophile Brits wrote the history books. However, there are many objective books out here written by some of the greatest British historians - and non of them believe the yanks won the war. Heck, they're labelled as opportunists who joined the war when it was obvious that the Russians would defeat the Nazi's.

The Russians were the unsung heroes and they sacrificed more than 20 million people for that.

2 Likes

Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by free2ryhme: 1:58pm On Oct 12, 2013
Y did nigeRia nort seek assistance fRom Russia the way it did against biafRa
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 12, 2013
shymexx:

Come on, now. I doubt Hitler really wanted defeat the UK, to be honest. I believe he just wanted to bring the country to its kneels, but everything was more of a game than anything else. The Royal Family is German - and best believe they had direct communication with the Germans during the war. Heck, all of Germany's best military assets were deployed against the Russians in lieu of the UK.

That said, the yanks did help by selling weapons to the UK. However, without the brave Russians - there was absolutely no way the Americans would have defeated the Germans, trust me. Hence why most historians still question why Hitler attacked Russia. The Russians won the war.

Anyway, yes, the French used to great fighters, but since world war 2, they have been puzzies. Smashed in Algeria. Disgraced in Vietnam. Chickened out in Egypt during the Suez Canal crisis when the Soviets gave them a stern warning. France is puzzy! undecided

Russia was a footnote during the war. People fail to realize the only way Russia and America became super power was the three biggest European powers were busy fighting each other which crippled their economy. If it wasn't World War the Us and Russia wouldn't have been the super power that it is now.

Russia did way more than the US.
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by dnawah(m): 2:04pm On Oct 12, 2013
chidindufrank: This is one reason we must get our Biafra back. Cameron and France will then know who owns Bakassi. Gowon may the sword never depart from your village,family and household
AMEN
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 12, 2013
shymexx:

Americans and Americophile Brits wrote the history books. However, there are many objective books out here written by some of the greatest British historians - and non of them believe the yanks won the war. Heck, they're labelled as opportunists who joined the war when it was obvious that the Russians would defeat the Nazi's.

The Russians were the unsung heroes and they sacrificed more than 20 million people for that.

Hitler made the same mistake napoleon made. The Russian winter is its greatest defense.
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by rafcrown(m): 2:06pm On Oct 12, 2013
I NOW KNOW THE REAL ENEMIES OF NIGERIA-THEY LOVE ONLY OUR PETROLEUM AND NATURAL RESOURCES.GOD WILL JUDGE.
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by Nobody: 2:10pm On Oct 12, 2013
Kingmojo:

Russia was a footnote during the war. People fail to realize the only way Russia and America became super power was the three biggest European powers were busy fighting each other which crippled their economy. If it wasn't World War the Us and Russia wouldn't have been the super power that it is now.

US - yes. However, I honestly don't think the Russians were scheming for the super-power status. I believe it had more to do with protecting mother Russia, with the Russians, and not letting what happened during the war to repeat itself. The Germans allied with the Russians before the war started - Hitler just went nuts due to the fear of the unknown. Or perhaps, he wanted to do what no one else has ever been able to do before - defeat the Russians on home soil - ego trip.

Also, France and the UK were the only two super-powers pre-world war 2. Germany was a vassal state - it became a vassal state after it lost world war 1, hence why Hitler wanted to put German back on the back.

Trust me, I honestly don't think Hitler and the nazi's were as evil as history painted them. I believe they were nationalists who wanted to break the yoke of servitude their country was under. And they definitely built one of the greatest technologically advanced country within a few years and fought like warriors. However, they weren't perfect and they made a lot of mistakes they shouldn't have made. Honestly, we need to give some credits to the nazi scientists because they built most of the technology we're enjoying today. grin

1 Like

Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by Pattey(m): 2:11pm On Oct 12, 2013
Licensed-2-Kill:
I see no sense in this post. Some dumbass jst dont understand how international politics works. The worst france could have done was to back cameroon up with weapons and tactical advice like they did in libya. They wouldnt dare raised a single finger against Nigeria and well, that's not because they can not.

Ignorance! That's all your post shows. . .

Which country's Apache Helicopters were at the forefront of military offensives against Lybian forces?

Whose Apache helicopters led the assault in which one of Gaddafi's daughters and grandchildren were assassinated during the war? Including assassinations of several regime officials? Including attacks of the State TV headquarters!!??!

Which country provided aerial support where Ghaddafi was corned and murdered?

Please be Enlightened before making comments. . . There are many poor minds on NairaLand that get swayed by a lot of half-baked thrash.
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 12, 2013
Kingmojo:

Hitler made the same mistake napoleon made. The Russian winter is its greatest defense.

Mother Russia - that's the Ethiopia of Europe.

But why do people still rate Napoleon since he never came to Africa?

That's the same way people talk about Alexander the Great Greek conquering the world, when the same Alexander had to run back when he got to Ethiopia and was confronted by the undefeated Kush/Nubians. Yes, he conquered the other parts of the world and Egypt - but didn't conquer Ethiopia. We need to start questioning the junk history these people put out there.
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by crackhaus: 2:19pm On Oct 12, 2013
eaglechild:
Emperor Napoleon 1 may have won wars but don't underrate the english men. If you read your history books well, you'll see that Napoleon Bonaparte was forced into exile by the betrayal of his foreign minister 'Talleyrand' who alligned himself with the British.
The war was won because a treaty was signed while Napoleon was in exile, one that this same 'Talleyrand' set up an escape only to have him back on french soil just to have an oppotunity to finish the troublesome Napoleon once and for all.
The rest is written in your history books.
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by ocelot2006(m): 2:23pm On Oct 12, 2013
OBJ made a serious mistake taking the case to the ICJ in the first place. For Heaven's sake, our troops held the peninsular for years and the cAmerounians couldnt do JACK despite the no of gendarmes and soldiers they threw our way.
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 12, 2013
ocelot2006: OBJ made a serious mistake taking the case to the ICJ in the first place. For Heaven's sake, our troops held the peninsular for years and the cAmerounians couldnt do JACK despite the no of gendarmes and soldiers they threw our way.

But do you think Nigeria would have been able to maintain its hold on the place after the ICJ judgement? I honestly doubt Nigeria can win a war against Cameroon with the French beside them. Nigeria isn't that militarily strong for that. Your navy would have been crushed within 24 hrs and your airforce is next to non-existent. Coupled with that fact that your poor air defense system is of French origin. So it would have been a one-sided affair with heavy loses on the Nigerian side. They probably would have annexed Cross River, Akwa Ibom and Biafra - to Cameroon as well. grin
Re: France Would Have Destroyed Nigeria Over Bakassi - Duke by crackhaus: 2:38pm On Oct 12, 2013
shymexx:

Come on, now. I doubt Hitler really wanted to defeat the UK, to be honest. I believe he just wanted to bring the country to its kneels, but everything was more of a game than anything else. The Royal Family is German - and best believe they had direct communication with the Germans during the war. Heck, all of Germany's best military assets were deployed against the Russians in lieu of the UK.

Don't be so sure saying stuff you're not certain of.

The royal family had no communication with Germany, if you check right you'll see they were even ashamed that the press was insinuating they had ties with germany, reason for this was because the name of the Royal house then was of German origin through the Prince's side of the family (the Prince's arranged marriage to the Queen of England was done because he's a distant cousin of the British crown).

My point is, the present 'House of Windsor' which is like the surname of the British crown right now was chosen by the Queen then to replace the former German house name (can't remember that now, it's quite long), to eliminate the sentiment that there might have been an alliance between the Crown and Nazi-Germany.

The only person that can return to the german house name right now is Prince William if he becomes King and only if he wants to, because his grand-father Prince Philip's actual surname is of German oringin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kano World Class Economic City..... / OBJ'S Men Pull Out Of PDP / Boko Haram Kills Soldier Femi In Borno (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.