Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,274 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:09 AM

Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. (335361 Views)

Have You Ever Been Molested By A Male Doctor? (share Your Experience Ladies) / 9 Habits That Might Cause Male Infertility / Seminal Fluid Analysis; A Common Test For Male Infertility (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (92) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by obi123: 11:19pm On Nov 23, 2013
Six easy ways to boost male fertility levels

Male fertility levels have declined by 50 per cent over the past 50 years.

Read the final part of our guide to male infertility below and find out tips for boosting fertility levels.

Wear boxer shorts

Keeping the testicles cool is vital to maintaining healthy sperm production. But wearing tight jeans or underpants keeps the testicles too close to the body, raising their temperature which slows down the rate of sperm production.

A study by the University of Milan found that men wearing tight briefs were nearly twice as likely to be infertile as men who wore looser styles of underpants.

Fertility experts say switching to boxer shorts and wearing looser clothing will help keep the testicles cool, boosting sperm production.

If you work in a job involving high temperatures, such as welding, Diane Arnold, spokeswoman for the National Fertility Association, recommends spraying the testicles once a day with cool water if possible and taking tepid, not hot baths at night.

Eat more zinc

Zinc is involved in sperm production and also plays a role in 'activating' the sperm. Nutritionists believe that taking just 15mg a day - the daily recommended amount - can help repair the damage caused to sperm by harmful chemicals absorbed from the environment.

Rich sources of zinc in the diet include seafood, particularly oysters (this is how they gained their reputation as an aphrodisiac) red meat, whole grains and pulses. You can also find it in smaller amounts in some dairy products, such as cheese.

If you want to take a zinc supplement, alternative health experts advise a supplement of no more than 30mg a day and this should be taken in conjunction with a copper supplement, usually 1.5mg.

This is because consuming more than half a gram of zinc every day can interfere with the way the body metabolises copper. Some zinc tablets are combined with copper to make them easier to take.

Stop smoking and drinking

Numerous studies have found that smoking damages the sperm membrane, making it 'lazy' and affecting its ability to reach an egg. Smoking can also alter sperm DNA which can cause birth defects in babies.

Male impotence is also linked to smoking. A recent review of various studies on impotence published since 1980 found that 40 per cent{2} of impotent men were smokers compared to 28 per cent of men in the general population.

This is because smoking can cause the blood vessels to narrow, making it difficult for blood to be delivered to genitals, triggering impotence.

Alcohol can also affect sperm production. Drinking more than eight units of alcohol in 48 hours - enough to cause a hangover - can lower testosterone levels by up to 20 per cent even 12 hours after you stopped drinking.

Beer and lager may be a particular problem because they contain plant oestrogens. These can mimic female hormones and can trigger infertility in men.

Drink bottled water

Drinking one-and-a-half to two litres of fluid every day is vital to maintaining a healthy body, but it is important to watch exactly what you are drinking.

In some studies, samples of tap water were found to contain traces of the female hormone oestrogen. This could be from oestrogens found in the environment, but also from recycled water.

As more women are now using the Pill, traces of the hormones used in the contraceptive can be recycled back into the water system, raising oestrogen levels in tap water. Drinking bottled water limits your risk of exposure to more female hormones

Caffeine, found in coffee and many cola drinks, can also slow down sperm production and can contribute to high stress levels.

Think about becoming a father

Researchers in Portugal have discovered that men who were trying to become a father could increase their chances of success just by thinking about it.

They found that men who wanted to become fathers were better at coordinating sex with their partners during peak testosterone levels than men who did not want to conceive.

High testosterone levels help boost sperm production and improves the health of the sperm, increasing the chances of conceiving.

A fertility diet should be as fresh as possible and organic wherever possible. Key elements are; good quality protein sources (favor vegetable sources of protein) and good fats.

What should you eat?

Organic meat in small quantities, game, small deep sea fish like sardines and red snapper, organic legumes home cooked (not canned).

Whole grains, nuts, seeds, vegetables and fruit in season, organic where possible.

Increase your consumption of good fats and avoid dangerous fats. Good fats include monounsaturated fats in olive oil, polyunsaturated fats in oily fish and nuts and midchain fatty acids found in coconut oil.

For cooking use clarified butter (ghee) or coconut butter (without flavor) as they do not become unstable when heated.

For non-heated oil requirements (salads etc) use cold pressed olive oil, flaxseed oil and nut oils.

7 Likes

Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by tEsLim(m): 11:25pm On Nov 23, 2013
Shy away from marathon sex if you want to get pregnant. The counts are higher when done once in the morning and bed time. Even with some people it's advice sex should be once in 24 hours to have allowed some level of recharge for the man. Knowing when the wife is ovulating is very important too. Someone who already had 3 kids had difficulty in on the fourth don't ask why he wants the fourth. But realized things have changed due to more stress in personal life. Most people aren't born important it happens later in life. Many times from bad habits we adopt as we grow. Some pickup alcohol and smoking when they became teenagers.

The man should not seat on hot platforms. Place hot objects on the laps. Keep heat away from the testicles. Eat properly. Protein and zinc is needed. Ginseng is helps. Vitamin supplements can help too. Don't forget to Cure all std. Stay away from alcohol. If you would use traditional sperm boosters (shepe, Agbo Jedi, afato, dr. Towolabi, Yemkem titanic 1000, oko oloyun, dr. Pile, and some low level general Products like alombo, oshomo, etc )ask for the ones made with honey or water not the ones extracted with alcohol. Though an average naija guy should have the previously mentioned arsenal in his wardrobe. Because in today's world of maggi fast food without that arsenal you probably won't be able to proof your are true naija man. Why you think foreign girls one die there? At the airport the customs always laugh when travel with my arsenal at the check-in counter.

Note I'm Not impotent. Father of multiples. You don't wanna know what my friends call me. Grandfathers on both sides probably had 20+. Dad had a football team. And I promised not to fail my ancestors as long as money dey. Check husband family history too maybe them lineage they just gamble get one kid in their life time and be forming its because they are educated and love child spacing. One child is not child spacing my sista. See odds 20:1

8 Likes

Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by sweetp(f): 11:30pm On Nov 23, 2013
educative topic
Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by Nobody: 11:33pm On Nov 23, 2013
imperiouxx:

It's not about producing s.e.men (seminal fluid) but it's about the spermatozoa (s.ex cell).

Do you know if yours are not lethargy and unhealthy cells.... That's what they called low sperm count.

Dr, my sperm is highly active that I feel a lady can get pregnant when injested. Hmm I am a very stubborn person oo, so is my sperm. I rest my Case here.

1 Like

Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by yemjazz: 11:34pm On Nov 23, 2013
eating carot will help. proven scientifically

2 Likes

Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by operator222(m): 11:34pm On Nov 23, 2013
tEsLim: Shy away from marathon sex if you want to get pregnant. The counts are higher when done once in the morning and bed time. Even with some people it's advice sex should be once in 24 hours to have allowed some level of recharge for the man. Knowing when the wife is ovulating is very important too. Someone who already had 3 kids had difficulty in on the fourth don't ask why he wants the fourth. But realized things have changed due to more stress in personal life. Most people aren't born important it happens later in life. Many times from bad habits we adopt as we grow. Some pickup alcohol and smoking when they became teenagers.

The man should not seat on hot platforms. Place hot objects on the laps. Keep heat away from the testicles. Eat properly. Protein and zinc is needed. Ginseng is helps. Vitamin supplements can help too. Don't forget to Cure all std. Stay away from alcohol. If you would use traditional sperm boosters (shepe, Agbo Jedi, afato, dr. Towolabi, Yemkem titanic 1000, oko oloyun, dr. Pile, and some low level general Products like alombo, oshomo, etc )ask for the ones made with honey or water not the ones extracted with alcohol. Though an average naija guy should have the previously mentioned arsenal in his wardrobe. Because in today's world of maggi fast food without that arsenal you probably won't be able to proof your are true naija man. Why you think foreign girls one die there? At the airport the customs always laugh when travel with my arsenal at the check-in counter.

Note I'm Not impotent. Father of multiples. You don't wanna know what my friends call me.
Please what is asenal?
Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by Nobody: 11:37pm On Nov 23, 2013
naijaborn001:
U sound like u jack off on a regular basis. Are u gay?

NO SIR angry
Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by imperiouxx(m): 11:47pm On Nov 23, 2013
dvdon:

Dr, my sperm is highly active that I feel a lady can get pregnant when injested. Hmm I am a very stubborn person oo, so is my sperm. I rest my Case here.

I see cheesy

Anyways, even if they are as strong as iron, the cells still have to be like Usain Bolt. They must be able to move fast and stay long enough to reach the Fallopian tube. Else, the acidity of the female production organ will consume them within few hours.

1 Like

Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by buchibabe: 11:55pm On Nov 23, 2013
Na wa o.female infertility used to b d topic of discusion , men now experience it too?? Well for all dose concerned,go for MACA Pills
Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by ceejay4real(m): 12:11am On Nov 24, 2013
imperiouxx:

I see cheesy

Anyways, even if they are as strong as iron, the cells still have to be like Usain Bolt. They must be able to move fast and stay long enough to reach the Fallopian tube. Else, the acidity of the female production organ will consume them within few hours.
How does good sperm look and feel? I guess thick & sticky abi? What of watery and non sticky? Why am asking is dat most times my sperm is very thick and sticky and forms a big gummy flake when sprayed on my girl's body. Guess am ok sha. Pls let someone clarify. Cheers!!!
Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by samuelojimba(m): 12:13am On Nov 24, 2013
This issue has been a major challenge in most marriages.so i think it should be given serious attention.mine is similar to that, normal sperm count low motility,my doctor advice me to go for surgery but i decline i am just trusting God with him nothing shall be impossible,but if there is anybody with useful information i think we will be greatfull so let share our experience.

1 Like

Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by DAY12(m): 12:13am On Nov 24, 2013
Drinking of water time to time can help too.

1 Like

Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by Boll2010: 12:31am On Nov 24, 2013
You see when I talk they say its too much......yall will come here and say no sex till marriage that ur don't want to fornicate,these are the end product,if you had sex with your partner before marriage u will be able to knw hw fertile you are,see we no more in moses n jacob era of oduduwa or oranmiyans era......this is 21st century where our bodies are emit rays,scientific technologies has really affected genetic makeup of the body......have sex with your partner before marriage and forget morals or fornication,things as changed!!!!!

To help you people with the problem;
1. Don't wear to much clothes to ur male region to avoid heat.
2. Don't place hot meals,laptops in ur male region cuz it must be cool for healthy sperm,
3. Check the area you living if there are no to much telcom mast,don't xpose ursef to too much xrays,
4.Watch what u eat,take vegetables,fruit regularly,
5.Make a food rooster to help maintain a balance diet,
6. Take good rest,take massge cuz it helps in sperm production,
7. The best time to have sex is in the morning,if u are a right man,ur dick will be healthy in the mornin so as ur sperm,
8.Don't work ursef up while having sex,don't hold back ur sperms to so to spend longer time in bed,when you have a 5mins sex in around 5-6am is the Best,don't have sex that time by changing styles(MISSIONARY IS THE BEST)
9.Always see ur doctor when you notice abnormalty
10 eat watermelon,pawpaw,honey,banana...and good spinach(efo tete).
11 have a deep sleep,sleep early,by 9pm u shld be on ur bed.
12.Treat any form of STDs.......
13.Drink plenty of water
14. Lastly PRAY TO UR CREATOR.........I pray everyone facing this problem may u come nextyear to talk about your kids.........

I should add this;

The missionary style is the best where the lady lie her back the man on top......after this sex the man should lay on the woman for atlist 5mins b4 leaving eachother for deep sleep.

8 Likes

Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by imperiouxx(m): 12:36am On Nov 24, 2013
ceejay4real: How does good sperm look and feel? I guess thick & sticky abi? What of watery and non sticky? Why am asking is dat most times my sperm is very thick and sticky and forms a big gummy flake when sprayed on my girl's body. Guess am ok sha. Pls let someone clarify. Cheers!!!

The thick s.emen is likely loaded with spermatozoa but just more entangled. Thick s.emen thins out in the v.agina fast, and neutralizes the v.aginal acidity which is harmful to spermatozoa. The spermatozoa are fine in there, and they don't really need to swim anywhere until it thins out.

The thick web of mess is their life support. It neutralizes the acidity of the v.agina, feeds, energizes them and provides power for their mitochondria along their necks that help their tails in propulsion. Also as a media for them to swim in as it thins out.

Got this online but this case is saying if it's thicker than normal

When a man talks about having thick sperm, he likely is referring to his s.emen — in reality, it is the s.emen that appears thick rather than the sperm, as one cannot see sperm with the naked eye because it is microscopic. As for thick semen, this is often just a normal concurrence, as s.emen can vary in consistency. When it is a sign of an abnormality, however, dehydration, infections, and hormone imbalances are often the culprits. For example, if a man has lower-than-normal levels of testosterone, his s.emen may appear thicker than normal. In fact, some people may even describe the s.emen as lumpy.

The term "thick sperm" is something of a misnomer. Since sperm are microscopic, most men are really referring to their s.emen when they describe themselves as having thick sperm. It is important to note that there is some variation in what is considered normal when it comes to s.emen consistency. A man may have thin s.emen, s.emen that is of an egg-white consistency, or s.emen that seems a bit more gelatinous, and all of these are likely normal — some men just have thicker semen than others. If a man's semen truly seems abnormally thick, however, there are a few likely causes.

One of the possible causes of thicker-than-normal s.emen is dehydration. If a man hasn't been drinking enough fluids, his s.emen may become thicker than normal. This may even happen of he drinks a good deal of soda, coffee, or other dehydrating beverages rather than water. In such a case, the effects are usually only temporary.

It is also possible that an infection could cause thick s.emen, though this is a less common cause. A man may, for example, notice thick s.emen in conjunction with discolored ejaculatory fluids. In such a case, his s.emen may appear yellow or green, which might indicate an infection. If these symptoms are combined with a foul-smelling discharge from the penis, an infection is even more likely.

Interestingly, a hormonal imbalance is also among the things that may cause abnormally thick s.emen. For example, if a man has lower-than-normal levels of testosterone, he might notice this effect. The only way to be sure of the cause of a change in s.emen consistency, however, is to see a doctor. A doctor can check for a hormonal imbalance or infection and advise a man of whether his semen, and sperm, are normal or not.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-the-common-causes-of-thick-sperm.htm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by Aifey(m): 12:38am On Nov 24, 2013
Pls, for d matured minds. Let's b helpfull.
Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by temi4fash(m): 1:00am On Nov 24, 2013
this is scary
Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by samoney: 1:13am On Nov 24, 2013
enkaay: My husband has infertility issues; low count and motility. We have tried all sorts of infertility treatments without luck. Right now we've decided to take it slow and try natural vitamins that boost count/motility. If anyone has an experience, please share so others can learn.
have both of you tried having sex during your(i.e the wife) ovulation period?
chances of getting pregnant is high during that period,which some couples do overlook.
i guess you know when your next o.p is? give it a try and and God will see you all through!
Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by kabba7(m): 2:28am On Nov 24, 2013
DJurry:
Have you heard of Swissgarde before South-African company]?
Among the effective health supplements it produces are those that treat infertility problems.
You can drop your email address to know more..

My email add is kwara13@gmail.com
Will appreciate if I can have a contact phone to call if there is need , please.

1 Like

Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by Raxxye(m): 2:56am On Nov 24, 2013
Thanks,OP. This is quite informative for prospective husbands and fathers like me. I hope to gather sufficient useful information in here to stay healthy in preparation for my future role. Thanks again,OP, particularly for your bravery in opening this thread and the love for your husband!

1 Like

Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by Richy4(m): 2:59am On Nov 24, 2013
Mykikky: my hussy is go through same issue low count and 10% motlity.any one wit sucess story share i want to have my own children

Your husband need to see a very good doctor. that is the best thing to do. while he is at it, tell him;
1. not to stress too much be it at work, or at home.
2. he should reduce alcohol intake
3. what kind of under wear does he wear. tight under wear is not really good for his balls
4. skinny jeans or tight short should be reduced.
5 he should eat more fruits
6 God answers prayer you know? just pray.

2 Likes

Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by Nobody: 3:13am On Nov 24, 2013
dvdon:

NO SIR angry
Ok
Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by gbollykore: 3:34am On Nov 24, 2013
try GNC.COM THE PRODUCT IS CALLED FERTILITY BLEND FOR MEN, IO TRIED IT AND IT WORKED

2 Likes

Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by FinanceFitness: 3:36am On Nov 24, 2013
@all
Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by Gracious10: 4:16am On Nov 24, 2013
There are health issues like diabetes that can cause infertility.
MUMPS have being known to cause infertility or sub-infertility amongst men.
If u experienced this disease as a child, u may look out for its lasting effect such as infertility. In most cases, it may result in absolute impotence.
Solutions are out there for those who seek them. Infertility can be a very frustrating issue.. Ladies, also know ur cycle, that would help.

1 Like

Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by WinkWrld: 4:19am On Nov 24, 2013
I encourage this lifestyle quite simple
1. Exercise (jogging) a workout plan say 3times a week

2. Maintain cold water shower always. Avoid hot water, so if u prefer to shower during the day, that won't hurt.

3. Use standing fan instead of AC and allow the fan to blow ur scrotum (balls) 'no laffs'

4 eat healthy, more onions, honey, banana and carrots. Drink lots of water. It speeds up all process so this won't be an exception.

5 Say no to drugs( alcohol, cigarette etc)

6 don't wear tight underwear, wear loose boxers. Especially at night and during the day. That means wear only loose boxers. Woven cotton type preferable.

7. The body system works with the mind. So try as much more possible to take ur mind off developing healthy semen. And just make these a habit

8. Be good and always remember to pray especially with your spouse.

9. Be patient for His blessing.

3 Likes

Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by JAZES(m): 4:42am On Nov 24, 2013
WinkWrld: I encourage this lifestyle quite simple
1. Exercise (jogging) a workout plan say 3times a week

2. Maintain cold water shower always. Avoid hot water, so if u prefer to shower during the day, that won't hurt.

3. Use standing fan instead of AC and allow the fan to blow ur scrotum (balls) 'no laffs'

4 eat healthy, more onions, honey, banana and carrots. Drink lots of water. It speeds up all process so this won't be an exception.

5 Say no to drugs( alcohol, cigarette etc)

6 don't wear tight underwear, wear loose boxers. Especially at night and during the day. That means wear only loose boxers. Woven cotton type preferable.

7. The body system works with the mind. So try as much more possible to take ur mind off developing healthy semen. And just make these a habit

8. Be good and always remember to pray especially with your spouse.

9. Be patient for His blessing.

You have spoken well sir but i want to add to it that couples facing such issues should also take a supplement that will boost their immune system. TREVO is a lovely supplement that works wonders cos i have seen it works for some folks, it contains 174 natural ingredients such as natural honey, moringer, graviola etc to mention a fewand it is sold for 12k

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. by Israelpeters(m): 4:49am On Nov 24, 2013
were can one get the maca spp

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (92) (Reply)

Nigerian Herbs- Uses, Local Names And Pictures / RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You / Dew Bottled Water Causing Deaths In Nigeria? HOAX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.