Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow (19979 Views)

Rumor!!! ASUU To Begin Nation Wide Strike Tomorrow? / ASUU Begins Nationwide Strike / ASUU To Begin Indefinite Nationwide Strike Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by ademipeju(f): 10:57am On Oct 02, 2013
BADAN — PUBLIC universities system in the country is heading for a total shutdown as members of the Non-Academic Staff Union of Educational and Associated Institutions, NASU, will tomorrow begin a nationwide strike to protest two months unpaid salaries by government.

NASU members who are expected to shut down all social amenities such as power and water supplies, libraries among others, will join their counterpart in the Senior Staff of Nigerian Universities, SSANU, who had since Monday began an indefinite strike over same issue.

It will be recalled that members of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, have been on strike since July 1, paralyzing academic activities in all public universities.
Law lecture theater, University of Ibadan

General Secretary of NASU, Prince Peters Adeyemi told Vanguard in Ibadan, Oyo State, that members would definitely begin an indefinite by tomorrow unless government paid today.

According to him, “It is sad and unfortunate, but NASU members in all public universities nationwide will down tools until government pay them their salaries. The only thing that can stop the strike is if government pays tomorrow (today). Our members have been going through pains in since and have been doing their work diligently. But the government has refused to pay their salaries for reasons best known to the government. That is the issue. So, we are starting strike by Thursday. It is unfortunate, but that is the reality.”

Members of SSANU had Monday commenced a nationwide strike to protest the stoppage of their salaries for two months by the Federal Government.

General Secretary of SSANU, Promise Adewusi, SSANU had while announcing the commencement of the strike, asked members not to return to work until a counter directive was given to them.

Adewusi said the union took the decision following its letters to the vice-chancellors in various universities, the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Senator Anyim Pius Anyim, Ministers of Labour and Productivity, Chief Emeka Wogu and Education, Nyesom Wike as well as the Executive Secretary, National Universities Commission, Professor Julius Okojie.

See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/public-university-system-heads-total-shutdown-nasu-strikes-tomorrow/#sthash.Rb1Zi4ys.dpuf

1 Like

Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by quality01(m): 11:08am On Oct 02, 2013
please can the government explain to us where the salaries of all the people are because i know too well it was included in the re-current expenditure in the budget

2 Likes

Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by Azboy34(m): 11:30am On Oct 02, 2013
ETT- END TIME THINGS.. Nigeria Education system has collapsed...LOBATAN! God please come and intervene o.

1 Like

Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by Nobody: 12:24pm On Oct 02, 2013
quality01: please can the government explain to us where the salaries of all the people are because i know too well it was included in the re-current expenditure in the budget

It has been used to settle the "Fresh Air till 2019" boys. It has also been used to motivate the Generals like Wike, Asari Dokubo and others who head the war against the retardeen's perceived opponents.

10 Likes

Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by konn: 12:32pm On Oct 02, 2013
I just dey laugh oooooo

2 Likes

Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 02, 2013
I weep for my country cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by drsolob(m): 12:33pm On Oct 02, 2013
Pls can this people stop this rubbish for christ sake.

Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by Uyi168: 12:34pm On Oct 02, 2013
FG is broke!
Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by myOGAonTOP: 12:35pm On Oct 02, 2013
No be naija again? Nobody will die.
We ve been through worse. Next story pls !

1 Like

Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by Mepounds(m): 12:35pm On Oct 02, 2013
Everybody wants to have a share of the national cake but nobody wants to bake the cake

1 Like

Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by harbeordune(f): 12:36pm On Oct 02, 2013
Naija we hail thee!!! At 53, workers salary still hang for months, wat is d̶̲̥̅̊ hope for retired workers.

1 Like

Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by nerodenero: 12:36pm On Oct 02, 2013
I hope that the National Conference scheduled to commence soon will also discuss the way forward for the educational sector because as it stands,the future is blinking for Nigeria.
Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by spartanian(m): 12:36pm On Oct 02, 2013
Na so......working on my emmigration plan
Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by esbjaygmailco(m): 12:36pm On Oct 02, 2013
and we are celebrating 53rd years. na poor man pikin go suffer am.later u will say our leaders are bad how wld they not bad when they are not well educated................................................i dey go congo be that ooo

1 Like

Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by ab1x: 12:37pm On Oct 02, 2013
Nigeria youths need to act fast. Our future lies in our own hand. None can fight our war for us. Revolution is looming in this country.

2 Likes

Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by Benite: 12:37pm On Oct 02, 2013
Very good
Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by chymystique(f): 12:39pm On Oct 02, 2013
Wow!! That's Great!..

A round of Applause for my Country Nigeria,@ 53 undecided strike is d order of the day grin
Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by sammy329(m): 12:39pm On Oct 02, 2013
fresh air things
Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by esbjaygmailco(m): 12:39pm On Oct 02, 2013
esbjay@gmail.co:
and we are celebrating 53rd years. na poor man pikin go suffer am.later u will say our leaders are bad how wld they not bad when they are not well educated................................................i dey go congo be that ooo

1 Like

Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by sammy329(m): 12:39pm On Oct 02, 2013
grin fresh air things
Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by olumuyiolaoluwa: 12:40pm On Oct 02, 2013
Uyi168: FG is broke!
Please dont say dat .
Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by tokunbobo(m): 12:40pm On Oct 02, 2013
JONATHAN IS A DISGRACE! I'M DISAPPOINTED IN HIM! I'M WAITING FOR THOSE PEOPLE THAT COME UP HERE TO DEFEND HIM. IMAGINE UP TO THIS TIME, NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE BY THE GOVERNMENT TO ADDRESS IT. THEY DON'T EVEN CARE. SSANU HAS JOINED THE STRIKE AND NOW IT IS NASU, HOW ON EARTH WILL THE GOVERNMENT EVEN ALLOWED IT TO GET TO THIS STAGE. IMAGINE WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF IT IS THE FEDERAL LEGISLATORS THAT ARE NOT BEING PAID 2 MONTHS SALARY, IMAGINE WHAT GEJ WILL DO IF IT IS THE BILLIONS OF NAIRA FOR THE FOOD UPKEEP OF GEJ'S FAMILY IN ASO ROCK IS BEING DELAYED FOR 2 MONTHS AND YET OUR DEAR PRESIDENT IS BUSY FIGHTING FOR 2015 AT THE EXPENSE OF THE COLLAPSE OF THE EDUCATION SECTOR. REMEMBER THAT HE COULDN'T ANSWER THE ASUU QUESTIONS WELL DURING THE LAST PRESIDENTIAL CHAT. I CRY FOR OUR LEADERS....

11 Likes

Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by fiscalcliff: 12:40pm On Oct 02, 2013
2 months outstanding salaries shocked
Yet Aso Rock feasts on billions yearly
Waiting for the FG's laptop militia to come and feed the gullible with the bullsh*t that Nigeria is not broke angry
That this is a politicized strike undecided
Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by stonemind(f): 12:41pm On Oct 02, 2013
@op wetin concern you? busy body
Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by esbjaygmailco(m): 12:41pm On Oct 02, 2013
oya nau enjoyment galore

2 Likes

Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by Texykool: 12:41pm On Oct 02, 2013
Fresh Brazilian Hair till 2019 foot soldiers... Come and explain this one too...

I guess it is the work of 'political detractors'... As usual

1 Like

Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by superior1: 12:42pm On Oct 02, 2013
[size=14pt]There was a Country

Things Fall Apart[/size]

chinua achebe

1 Like

Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by esbjaygmailco(m): 12:42pm On Oct 02, 2013
make watch NTA news

Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by COAS2020: 12:44pm On Oct 02, 2013
Nigeria is already a failed country.....Malaysia here I come.... angry
Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by agrovick(m): 12:47pm On Oct 02, 2013
It aff happ9ed
Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 02, 2013
Do we have a president?

1 Like

Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by kokoye(m): 12:48pm On Oct 02, 2013
Your president does not care....read his lips.

Nigeria is getting better ..as long as its 0.0001% citizens are buying g-wagon and moving to Lekki.

who cares about the remaining 99.9999% ??

The politicians need those people to be poor anyway..so they can be used as tools.

And may thunder fire anyone who says 'end time things'. ASUU and NASU have been going on strike in Nigeria for over 25 yrs!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences / Anambra School, Mater Amabilis Secondary School Umuoji Wins SAGE Competition / Author Of 'Last Days At Forcados High School' To Sue JAMB, Publisher

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.