Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,985 members, 7,952,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:14 AM

NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow (20090 Views)

Rumor!!! ASUU To Begin Nation Wide Strike Tomorrow? / ASUU Begins Nationwide Strike / ASUU To Begin Indefinite Nationwide Strike Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by Luizkid(m): 11:53pm On Oct 02, 2013
kendraloops: Do u think this strike wud affect prospective corpers for batch C? Cos I don't think any staff wud be around to distribute the call up letters to them and assist with their clearance also.
thats my greatest fear o, but i belive NYSC will do somtin about it lyk Making the students collect their Call-up letter 4rm the nearest NYSC office or somtin. I pray everytin is resolved b4 Nov.
Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by goddygodwin: 11:55pm On Oct 02, 2013
ds s a cuntry d@ has no concine of its youth future in mind...
Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by Victosin09(f): 12:02am On Oct 03, 2013
ademipeju: BADAN — PUBLIC universities system in the country is heading for a total shutdown as members of the Non-Academic Staff Union of Educational and Associated Institutions, NASU, will tomorrow begin a nationwide strike to protest two months unpaid salaries by government.

NASU members who are expected to shut down all social amenities such as power and water supplies, libraries among others, will join their counterpart in the Senior Staff of Nigerian Universities, SSANU, who had since Monday began an indefinite strike over same issue.

It will be recalled that members of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, have been on strike since July 1, paralyzing academic activities in all public universities.
Law lecture theater, University of Ibadan

General Secretary of NASU, Prince Peters Adeyemi told Vanguard in Ibadan, Oyo State, that members would definitely begin an indefinite by tomorrow unless government paid today.

According to him, “It is sad and unfortunate, but NASU members in all public universities nationwide will down tools until government pay them their salaries. The only thing that can stop the strike is if government pays tomorrow (today). Our members have been going through pains in since and have been doing their work diligently. But the government has refused to pay their salaries for reasons best known to the government. That is the issue. So, we are starting strike by Thursday. It is unfortunate, but that is the reality.”

Members of SSANU had Monday commenced a nationwide strike to protest the stoppage of their salaries for two months by the Federal Government.

General Secretary of SSANU, Promise Adewusi, SSANU had while announcing the commencement of the strike, asked members not to return to work until a counter directive was given to them.

Adewusi said the union took the decision following its letters to the vice-chancellors in various universities, the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Senator Anyim Pius Anyim, Ministers of Labour and Productivity, Chief Emeka Wogu and Education, Nyesom Wike as well as the Executive Secretary, National Universities Commission, Professor Julius Okojie.

See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/public-university-system-heads-total-shutdown-nasu-strikes-tomorrow/#sthash.Rb1Zi4ys.dpuf
Its a pity to see that the educational system is crumbling before the eyes our leaders and they are lackadaisical about it. Education should indeed be taken as a priority in the eyes of these leaders and not another task on a to-do list!
Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by Victosin09(f): 12:04am On Oct 03, 2013
ademipeju: BADAN — PUBLIC universities system in the country is heading for a total shutdown as members of the Non-Academic Staff Union of Educational and Associated Institutions, NASU, will tomorrow begin a nationwide strike to protest two months unpaid salaries by government.

NASU members who are expected to shut down all social amenities such as power and water supplies, libraries among others, will join their counterpart in the Senior Staff of Nigerian Universities, SSANU, who had since Monday began an indefinite strike over same issue.

It will be recalled that members of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, have been on strike since July 1, paralyzing academic activities in all public universities.
Law lecture theater, University of Ibadan

General Secretary of NASU, Prince Peters Adeyemi told Vanguard in Ibadan, Oyo State, that members would definitely begin an indefinite by tomorrow unless government paid today.

According to him, “It is sad and unfortunate, but NASU members in all public universities nationwide will down tools until government pay them their salaries. The only thing that can stop the strike is if government pays tomorrow (today). Our members have been going through pains in since and have been doing their work diligently. But the government has refused to pay their salaries for reasons best known to the government. That is the issue. So, we are starting strike by Thursday. It is unfortunate, but that is the reality.”

Members of SSANU had Monday commenced a nationwide strike to protest the stoppage of their salaries for two months by the Federal Government.

General Secretary of SSANU, Promise Adewusi, SSANU had while announcing the commencement of the strike, asked members not to return to work until a counter directive was given to them.

Adewusi said the union took the decision following its letters to the vice-chancellors in various universities, the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Senator Anyim Pius Anyim, Ministers of Labour and Productivity, Chief Emeka Wogu and Education, Nyesom Wike as well as the Executive Secretary, National Universities Commission, Professor Julius Okojie.

See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/public-university-system-heads-total-shutdown-nasu-strikes-tomorrow/#sthash.Rb1Zi4ys.dpuf
Its a pity to see that the educational system is crumbling before the eyes of our leaders and they are lackadaisical about it. Education should indeed be taken as a priority in the eyes of these leaders and not another task on a to-do list!
Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by slimikenna(m): 12:30am On Oct 03, 2013
Ninejaywon:
Even if u die in malaysia will u den be buried there?It's high time we d "youths" come face2face with dis menace enveloping dis country.Revolution is getting really very close.

In 2015 we can use the ballot boxes to make our voices heard. revolution might solve one problem, but create many other problems.

I can name many coutries that have had revolutions recently but you cannot show me one country where it worked.

violence will never solve any problem. violence leads to more violence.

but I was aware they stopped paying university workers when ASUU refused going back to work.
Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by katiemadubiko: 1:54am On Oct 03, 2013
Frezhkid10: Naija we hail thee..plz let leave the Jonathan alone.He knws wat he is doing...U guys that are talking trash.aw many of you have paid ur tax?..den u are complainin abt ASUU strike nd orda things..Will Jonathan use all the revenue earned 2 pay lectures who dnt kum 2 class?...

U r a very stupid fellow. Is dat part of d lies ur fada has been feeding u wif. If we scrutinize tinz now, u r probably d son to one of the useless people stealing from this country or probably a beneficiary of some sort. U need mental evaluation bfur been granted access to ur fone's keypad. U idiaaaat! Its people like u dat'll grow up wif d crazy idea of "national cake"....chop clean mouth. And e no go beta for u and ur generations....OLOSHI OMO...KONI DA FUN BABA E.
Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by corperscorner: 2:51am On Oct 03, 2013
Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by Detopcitizen(m): 7:31am On Oct 03, 2013
Going is not the solution, what we need is patrotism from the both sides.
Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by Detopcitizen(m): 7:44am On Oct 03, 2013
Going on strike is not the solution, what we need is patrotism from the both sides.
Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by adaslove(m): 7:53am On Oct 03, 2013
Hmm... This so called country is finish. Their own even better jo, no be two month salaries den dey owed them? I know of a Private University in Ogun State, staffs collected salary last in April this year (i.e five solid months) and they just received May salary yesterday. Total mess indeed!!! Nigerian leaders I hail una o, and u say u want have sound sleep @night, never!
Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by Kellychukadibbs(m): 12:02pm On Oct 03, 2013
The one wey dey vex me be say, this Jonathan na lecturer
Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by inuyasha01(m): 1:13pm On Oct 03, 2013
Sheggun1: u beta go learn work...............or port 2 unilorin/KWASU as the case may be............beta by far
Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by kendraloops: 1:31pm On Oct 03, 2013
Luizkid:
thats my greatest fear o, but i belive NYSC will do somtin about it lyk Making the students collect their Call-up letter 4rm the nearest NYSC office or somtin. I pray everytin is resolved b4 Nov.
What about clearance and statement of result for those who haven't gotten theirs? NYSC has no control over that. I really pray they resolve things speedily.
Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by Nobody: 2:30am On Oct 04, 2013
Ee don happen peperenpe... ASUU+NASU+SSANU.... GOD help, you are all we need. Even if govt pays ASUU and nasu remain unpaid.. All na waash talkless of ssanu. And they don ban naija fro visa lottery......abeg eyin oyinbo give jst one chance. . SMH for naijerians
:DEe don happen peperenpe... ASUU+NASU+SSANU.... GOD help, you are all we need. Even if govt pays ASUU and nasu remain unpaid.. All na waash talkless of ssanu. And they don ban naija fro visa lottery......abeg eyin oyinbo give jst one chance. . SMH for naijerians. Omo see danger wahala D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

All These Holiday Lessons Are Scams / Herdsmen: University Of Ilorin Invites DSS, Police To Protect School / Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre {mathematics Thread}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.