Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,606 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:43 AM

NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow (20095 Views)

Rumor!!! ASUU To Begin Nation Wide Strike Tomorrow? / ASUU Begins Nationwide Strike / ASUU To Begin Indefinite Nationwide Strike Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by Nobody: 12:48pm On Oct 02, 2013
strike should be made illegal.. its been exploited by insensitive people..

Not that Oga has stopped being clueless shaa.
Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by Aedesmuskeeto: 12:50pm On Oct 02, 2013
Texykool: Fresh Brazilian Hair till 2019 ..
GEJ foot soldiers should Come and explain this one too...

I guess it is the work of 'political detractors'... As usual
Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 02, 2013
Texykool: Fresh Brazilian Hair till 2019 foot soldiers... Come and explain this one too...

I guess it is the work of 'political detractors'... As usual
yes NASU is an offshoot of APC
Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by ibromish(m): 12:52pm On Oct 02, 2013
quality01: please can the government explain to us where the salaries of all the people are because i know too well it was included in the re-current expenditure in the budget
Our commonwealth has been shared to militants who now buys private jets, I doubt if education is still the best legacy in this country, militancy pays better than a degree, ask tompolo and asari for full gist

1 Like

Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by lacasa: 12:53pm On Oct 02, 2013
Fresh Air on Education grin
Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by mempsi: 12:54pm On Oct 02, 2013
ademipeju: BADAN — PUBLIC universities system in the country is heading for a total shutdown as members of the Non-Academic Staff Union of Educational and Associated Institutions, NASU, will tomorrow begin a nationwide strike to protest two months unpaid salaries by government.

NASU members who are expected to shut down all social amenities such as power and water supplies, libraries among others, will join their counterpart in the Senior Staff of Nigerian Universities, SSANU, who had since Monday began an indefinite strike over same issue.

It will be recalled that members of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, have been on strike since July 1, paralyzing academic activities in all public universities.
Law lecture theater, University of Ibadan

Total shutdown, what a country! we are really celebrating 53 years of independence. If these Ogas at the top wouldn't find a solution, they should plz go on sabbatical and never return for good.

General Secretary of NASU, Prince Peters Adeyemi told Vanguard in Ibadan, Oyo State, that members would definitely begin an indefinite by tomorrow unless government paid today.

According to him, “It is sad and unfortunate, but NASU members in all public universities nationwide will down tools until government pay them their salaries. The only thing that can stop the strike is if government pays tomorrow (today). Our members have been going through pains in since and have been doing their work diligently. But the government has refused to pay their salaries for reasons best known to the government. That is the issue. So, we are starting strike by Thursday. It is unfortunate, but that is the reality.”

Members of SSANU had Monday commenced a nationwide strike to protest the stoppage of their salaries for two months by the Federal Government.

General Secretary of SSANU, Promise Adewusi, SSANU had while announcing the commencement of the strike, asked members not to return to work until a counter directive was given to them.

Adewusi said the union took the decision following its letters to the vice-chancellors in various universities, the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Senator Anyim Pius Anyim, Ministers of Labour and Productivity, Chief Emeka Wogu and Education, Nyesom Wike as well as the Executive Secretary, National Universities Commission, Professor Julius Okojie.

See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/public-university-system-heads-total-shutdown-nasu-strikes-tomorrow/#sthash.Rb1Zi4ys.dpuf
Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by Elevation(m): 12:55pm On Oct 02, 2013
ASUU (already on strike),SSANU (strike),NASU (commences industrial action tomorrow) and ASUP(to begin strike on the 4th of October). Ministry of Education,Finance,Youth development,internal affairs,science and technology etc kindly do something.Pls dont forget posterity (remember all ur descendants can't remain in yankees forever).
Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by McLuhan(m): 12:57pm On Oct 02, 2013
When ASUU went on strike to protest the non-implementation of a legitimate agreement, some hateful trolls on Nairaland attributed it to greed on the part of the lecturers. Now NASU is on strike, resident doctors are on strike, PHCN is on strike, SSANU is commencing another strike, and I am reliably informed that polytechnic lecturers will resume their strike this week, owing to government's failure to meet their demands. Now, who is the greedy one? Is it the striking workers who are demanding their due, or is it our politicians who are denying these workers their due while simultaneously stealing the nation blind?
Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 02, 2013
COAS2020: Nigeria is already a failed country.....Malaysia here I come.... angry
Even if u die in malaysia will u den be buried there?It's high time we d "youths" come face2face with dis menace enveloping dis country.Revolution is getting really very close.
Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by Fynestboi: 1:00pm On Oct 02, 2013
Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by michealade(m): 1:00pm On Oct 02, 2013
God help me today...do we av a president?
Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by Fynestboi: 1:00pm On Oct 02, 2013
Ninejaywon:
Even if u die in malaysia will u den be buried there?It's high time we d "youths" come face2face with dis menace enveloping dis country.Revolution is getting really very close.
abiooooo angry angry angry
Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by swhiss: 1:02pm On Oct 02, 2013
Fresh air is choking! embarassed
Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by tomzman: 1:03pm On Oct 02, 2013
Their salaries have been politicized. It has been hijacked by the opposition. Oya, let GEJ begin to think of another line to drop on this one. Mtchew!
Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by YusYak: 1:08pm On Oct 02, 2013
wen nairaland too dey strike
Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by YusYak: 1:08pm On Oct 02, 2013
wen nairaland too dey strike?
Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by trolling(m): 1:17pm On Oct 02, 2013
Una never see anything yet just wait till next year
Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by midpoint: 1:20pm On Oct 02, 2013
dont forget medical doctors started monday

1 Like

Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 02, 2013
We have a "dickless" or spineless man called a President with a mind as soft as the butt of a newly born child. Voting for a military minded candidate in 2015.
Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by Frezhkid10(m): 1:30pm On Oct 02, 2013
Naija we hail thee..plz let leave the Jonathan alone.He knws wat he is doing...U guys that are talking trash.aw many of you have paid ur tax?..den u are complainin abt ASUU strike nd orda things..Will Jonathan use all the revenue earned 2 pay lectures who dnt kum 2 class?...
Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by HARDUBUY(m): 1:35pm On Oct 02, 2013
just give me the oppourtunity to leave this country, nd i will utilize it.
very soon GEJ will say the strike is powered by his political opponents. a failure will always blame others for his responsibilities. GEJ is a replica of BOKO HARAM.
Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by timwezzb(m): 1:37pm On Oct 02, 2013
Now that The government is getting shut down The crime rate will be higher,,more kids will be sick nd hungry,,nd more bitches will receive prostitution cases....... #‎SadButTru
Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by Frezhkid10(m): 1:38pm On Oct 02, 2013
Naija we hail thee..plz let leave the Jonathan alone.He knws wat he is doing...U guys that are talking trash.aw many of you have paid ur tax?..den u are complainin abt ASUU strike nd orda things..Will Jonathan use all the revenue earned 2 pay lectures who dnt kum 2 class?...nd moreova.If taxes are being paid in nigeria.den al dis would av being soughted out...wil GEJ produce money 4rm his head?
Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by profola2be(m): 1:39pm On Oct 02, 2013
Frezhkid10: Naija we hail thee..plz let leave the Jonathan alone.He knws wat he is doing...U guys that are talking trash.aw many of you have paid ur tax?..den u are complainin abt ASUU strike nd orda things..Will Jonathan use all the revenue earned 2 pay lectures who dnt kum 2 class?...
Honestly,I doubt it if you have a brain,but if you do have one,I as well doubt it if it functions! Go see a psychiatrist as soon as possible!

2 Likes

Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by Destinymmi: 1:42pm On Oct 02, 2013
Hmmmmmmm, strike every angle, 9ja i hail una o
Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by launique: 1:45pm On Oct 02, 2013
Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by Texykool: 1:47pm On Oct 02, 2013
Fresh Odour till May 2015.

*waiting for Reuben Abati's response*
Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by Nobody: 1:55pm On Oct 02, 2013
And may thunder fire anyone who says 'end time things'. ASUU and NASU have been going on strike in Nigeria for over 25 yrs!

[color=#006600][/color
END TIME THINGS
Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by onyxo76(m): 2:16pm On Oct 02, 2013
ASUU on strike

SSANU on strike

NASU on strike

NARD on strike

PHCN on strike.

EVERYBODY ON STRIKE.....!!
Re: NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow by rumelovelace: 2:25pm On Oct 02, 2013
why suggesting he goes for a psychiatrist when he is only a boy of (ten years) old.Or dont you observe something? Frezhkid10.peharps he just typed like one.Frezhkid10 please don't do this when you clock 12(years)otherwise ISOLU will be fast to welcome you.BUNCH OF IGNORANCE BETHER NOT BORN.
profola2be:
Honestly,I doubt it if you have a brain,but if you do have one,I as well doubt it if it functions! Go see a psychiatrist as soon as possible!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre {mathematics Thread} / What Are My Chances Of Making First Class? / "Wtf Fact" Picture Series

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.