Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,460 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

When Atheists Are Tried Before The Court, What Do They Swear On? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Atheists Are Tried Before The Court, What Do They Swear On? (852 Views)

Absence From Court: TB Joshua Speaks After Failing To Be At The Court / To SWEAR With The BIBLE In Court "What If You Say No" / Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Atheists Are Tried Before The Court, What Do They Swear On? by kcpragmatik(m): 12:06pm On Oct 02, 2013
They thoughts of this just crossed my mind.. And really i've been wondering what it would look or be like if an Atheist is brought up a court to questioned/judged....
Just a #randomTHOUGHT though!.
Re: When Atheists Are Tried Before The Court, What Do They Swear On? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 02, 2013
Good question
Re: When Atheists Are Tried Before The Court, What Do They Swear On? by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:38pm On Oct 02, 2013
Affirmation
Re: When Atheists Are Tried Before The Court, What Do They Swear On? by Areaboy2(m): 12:42pm On Oct 02, 2013
blink182: Good question

cheesy cheesy cheesy Wrong!

See above me
Re: When Atheists Are Tried Before The Court, What Do They Swear On? by kcpragmatik(m): 12:45pm On Oct 02, 2013
Bt come to think of it....what is the essence of swearing on a "holybook" when I have a CONSCIENCE
Re: When Atheists Are Tried Before The Court, What Do They Swear On? by macof(m): 2:33pm On Oct 02, 2013
kcpragmatik: Bt come to think of it....what is the essence of swearing on a "holybook" when I have a CONSCIENCE
good point but u see we humans think we are smart and thats why we need such things as swearing on a holy book, or swearing on ogun's iron. its suppose to create fear and even if u give a false statement the spiritual force behind that swearing is to pass swift judgement on u.
Re: When Atheists Are Tried Before The Court, What Do They Swear On? by SniperOne: 2:53pm On Oct 02, 2013
kcpragmatik: Bt come to think of it....what is the essence of swearing on a "holybook" when I have a CONSCIENCE

That's simple logic! If courts functions way better at ascertaining delusions then why cling to biblical oaths when In fact it got nothing to do with Judiciary measures and has no role of ruling on trials or whatever criminal prosecution.
Re: When Atheists Are Tried Before The Court, What Do They Swear On? by kcpragmatik(m): 3:26pm On Oct 02, 2013
"In judicio non creditur nisi juratis" -
In a court of justice no one is given credence
who is not sworn.
So if we dont swear in a court of law, we wouldn't be given credence...just asking!
Re: When Atheists Are Tried Before The Court, What Do They Swear On? by kcpragmatik(m): 3:28pm On Oct 02, 2013
Sniper_One:

That's simple logic! If courts functions way better at ascertaining delusions then why cling to biblical oaths when In fact it got nothing to do with Judiciary measures and has no role of ruling on trials or whatever criminal prosecution.

I just feel the court is supporting its flaws with the "abstract"....
Re: When Atheists Are Tried Before The Court, What Do They Swear On? by SniperOne: 3:46pm On Oct 02, 2013
kcpragmatik:

I just feel the court is supporting its flaws with the "abstract"....

This would just render the court's proceedings Inaccurate and Imprecise from the fact that It would offer verdicts on crimes with It's bearing flaws regardless of the 'abstract' provided which In real fact a trifle amount of agnostics will endorse. Sounds pathetic!!
Re: When Atheists Are Tried Before The Court, What Do They Swear On? by kcpragmatik(m): 2:09pm On Oct 03, 2013
I just made a research about this...and i was told they make 'affirmation' instead of swearing on any sacred material...
Re: When Atheists Are Tried Before The Court, What Do They Swear On? by ummsulaym(f): 4:58pm On Oct 03, 2013
hmmm, an atheist? They should swear by NATURE since they believe in nothing but nature and funny enough, even nature is owned by the Almighty
Re: When Atheists Are Tried Before The Court, What Do They Swear On? by nnofaith: 9:17pm On Oct 03, 2013
ummsulaym: hmmm, an atheist? They should swear by NATURE since they believe in nothing but nature and funny enough, even nature is owned by the Almighty
which of the almighties?! ogun, allah, yahweh, odin, which one?!
Re: When Atheists Are Tried Before The Court, What Do They Swear On? by macof(m): 9:48pm On Oct 03, 2013
nnofaith: which of the almighties?! ogun, allah, yahweh, odin, which one?!
u are really lacking in knowledge. Ogun is not Almighty, do not put Ogun in Olodumare's level
Re: When Atheists Are Tried Before The Court, What Do They Swear On? by nnofaith: 10:00pm On Oct 03, 2013
macof: u are really lacking in knowledge. Ogun is not Almighty, do not put Ogun in Olodumare's level
do i look like i give a f**k about what he is?!
Re: When Atheists Are Tried Before The Court, What Do They Swear On? by macof(m): 10:05pm On Oct 03, 2013
nnofaith: do i look like i give a f**k about what he is?!
then u are a fool to even mention is name in the first place
Re: When Atheists Are Tried Before The Court, What Do They Swear On? by nnofaith: 10:10pm On Oct 03, 2013
macof: then u are a fool to even mention is name in the first place
ogun, sango, obatala and your other stupid mofos can kiss my african behind.
Re: When Atheists Are Tried Before The Court, What Do They Swear On? by macof(m): 10:57pm On Oct 03, 2013
I really don't understand how some Africans can be so dumb and stupid and still be happy with such low life state
Re: When Atheists Are Tried Before The Court, What Do They Swear On? by ummsulaym(f): 11:02pm On Oct 03, 2013
nnofaith: which of the almighties?! ogun, allah, yahweh, odin, which one?!

haba, there is only One Almighty... I didnt use mighty cuz it's used for even humans, objects and gods... Well, Almighty GOD(ALLAH in arabic)
Re: When Atheists Are Tried Before The Court, What Do They Swear On? by nnofaith: 11:10pm On Oct 03, 2013
macof: I really don't understand how some Africans can be so dumb and stupid and still be happy with such low life state
lol! you are so pathetic. you are crying cos i mocked your gods. manup lad!
Re: When Atheists Are Tried Before The Court, What Do They Swear On? by nnofaith: 11:12pm On Oct 03, 2013
ummsulaym:

haba, there is only One Almighty... I didnt use mighty cuz it's used for even humans, objects and gods... Well, Almighty GOD(ALLAH in arabic)
The xtians will beg to differ with your claim
Re: When Atheists Are Tried Before The Court, What Do They Swear On? by macof(m): 11:58pm On Oct 03, 2013
nnofaith: lol! you are so pathetic. you are crying cos i mocked your gods. manup lad!
u can't mock my gods, they mock u for ur self imposed mental slavery and lack of wisdom

1 Like

Re: When Atheists Are Tried Before The Court, What Do They Swear On? by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:55am On Oct 04, 2013
macof: I really don't understand how some Africans can be so dumb and stupid and still be happy with such low life state

that is such example of 'nairaland atheist'. Einstein call them 'professional atheist'.

Dont be suprise bro

Ask them do they know Ogun....they say yes, it mythical god.

Ask them do they believe Ogun give them life? They answer No....Ogun doesn't exist.

Ask them do they know Iron.....they say yes, it scientific element.

Ask them do Iron contribute to life.... They say Yes, it scientifically proven.

Do you see how silly some atheist are? Almost all of them do not know that Ogun literally is Iron.

I know it get emotional if those you expect to reason faster and capture metaphoric stuff easily plays dumb. It even get worse when you try to explain but they turn back to your fact.

A typical example was that dumb western slave accusing Ogun forgetting it literally Iron....and also dodging your logical questions.

Let them be...they should wallow in stupidity and wander around in ignorance. I exposed one of them yesterday who said his ancestors are dumb.... Pls continue with your path and embrace what belongs to you.

Cheers bro

1 Like

Re: When Atheists Are Tried Before The Court, What Do They Swear On? by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:11am On Oct 04, 2013
macof: u can't mock my gods, they mock u for ur self imposed mental slavery and lack of wisdom

lol....this warrant 1000 likes.

I love fela....kolo mentality.

Oppression with willingness. Some Africans are disgrace to Africa. Chai

1 Like

Re: When Atheists Are Tried Before The Court, What Do They Swear On? by RayMcBlue(m): 7:31am On Oct 04, 2013
Hmmn...an interesting question. From my experience, before anyone can be termed eligible to sit/stand inside the witness box, a certain protocol must be observed.

The protocol demands that all witnesses must pledge an oath in order to validate the credibility and authenticity of their respective testimonies.

But for the atheist, on the request of the witness, the final "so help me God" may be modified to suit him/her.
Re: When Atheists Are Tried Before The Court, What Do They Swear On? by nnofaith: 8:59am On Oct 04, 2013
macof: u can't mock my gods, they mock u for ur self imposed mental slavery and lack of wisdom
yawn!
Re: When Atheists Are Tried Before The Court, What Do They Swear On? by nnofaith: 9:00am On Oct 04, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

that is such example of 'nairaland atheist'. Einstein call them 'professional atheist'.

Dont be suprise bro

Ask them do they know Ogun....they say yes, it mythical god.

Ask them do they believe Ogun give them life? They answer No....Ogun doesn't exist.

Ask them do they know Iron.....they say yes, it scientific element.

Ask them do Iron contribute to life.... They say Yes, it scientifically proven.

Do you see how silly some atheist are? Almost all of them do not know that Ogun literally is Iron.

I know it get emotional if those you expect to reason faster and capture metaphoric stuff easily plays dumb. It even get worse when you try to explain but they turn back to your fact.

A typical example was that dumb western slave accusing Ogun forgetting it literally Iron....and also dodging your logical questions.

Let them be...they should wallow in stupidity and wander around in ignorance. I exposed one of them yesterday who said his ancestors are dumb.... Pls continue with your path and embrace what belongs to you.

Cheers bro
Babalawo please!
Re: When Atheists Are Tried Before The Court, What Do They Swear On? by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:03am On Oct 04, 2013
nnofaith: Babalawo please!

I love been call babalawo. It not a disease but a very good thang. And was my post directed to you? Heya sorry.

Lets talk on this thread pls https://www.nairaland.com/1464785/atheist-why-embracing-buddhism-not#18562357
Re: When Atheists Are Tried Before The Court, What Do They Swear On? by kcpragmatik(m): 11:17pm On Oct 04, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

I love been call babalawo. It not a disease but a very good thang. And was my post directed to you? Heya sorry.

Lets talk on this thread pls https://www.nairaland.com/1464785/atheist-why-embracing-buddhism-not#18562357

BABALAWO!!!

(1) (Reply)

Can You Marry A Non-believer / Let Talk About Destiny- Christians And Muslims Perspectives! / Pastor Donnie Mcclurkin's Father Passes On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.