Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,168 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

"The Walking Dead" - Season 4 - TV/Movies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 (17646 Views)

THE WALKING DEAD - Fan Page / The Walking Dead Season 3 / All The Zombie Horror Fans - The Walking Dead (AMC's epic series) [Season 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by VillageBoi(m): 11:10pm On Nov 04, 2013
Maybe I'm wrong but I completely see Carol's POV (Point Of View); might even call it euthanasia... she did it because she knew the 'flu' would kill them in a bad way anyway and turn then into walkers (another danger she was trying to prevent). And know a debate is the 'may' turn them into walkers but we're forgetting the first victim (that eyeglass guy in the showers). I don't think she's going mad (she might now that she's been 'forced' on her own). I think Rick was wrong, very, very wrong. He is not thinking straight and hardly has been since his wife died.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by 50calibre(m): 11:13pm On Nov 04, 2013
Afam4eva:
I think she's going mad and if she's not properly handled, she may start killing even the normal people on their behalf to protect them from the whole torture of been hunted by hunters day in day out. That's what happens when someone as soft and scared as she was is exposed to a lot and becomes unable to handle them. I think Rick did the right thing. If i was him, i would have probably killed her. There's no excuse for killing people without giving them a choice. The agreement was to kill walkers and not those who have a sickness that may turn them to walkers.

Rick has killed more living people than any other person in that group, Carl gunned down a fleeing unarmed hostile, I guess everyone has his/her own personal opinion of what constitutes a threat.

Rick accuses her of acting without anyone's consent, yet he does the same. It wasn't his call to send her away like that, they have panel, the panel should have decided her fate.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by Afam4eva(m): 11:16pm On Nov 04, 2013
50calibre:

Rick has killed more living people than any other person in that group, Carl gunned down a fleeing unarmed hostile, I guess everyone has his/her own personal opinion as to what constitutes a threat.

Rick accuses her of acting without anyone's consent, yet he does the same. It wasn't his call to send her away like that, they have panel, the panel should have decided her fate.
All the people that Rick have killed have somehow been a danger to him or the group. The same cannot be said of those that Carol killed.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by Nobody: 12:03am On Nov 05, 2013
Afam4eva:
All the people that Rick have killed have somehow been a danger to him or the group. The same cannot be said of those that Carol killed.

You well?
Their own danger na 3x

and to all of you saying Rick made an extreme decision. His main focus was to keep Carol away from Tyrese as well as alive. He also thinks Carol made the wrong decision, she killed helpless, sick innocent people for Pete's sake. Her decisions were shaky and I wouldn't want that kind of inference near my family or prison crew. If she went back with Rick, that crew would spilt big time
He doesn't want that
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by Nobody: 5:02am On Nov 05, 2013
What a boring episode

And the option Rick left Carol with wasn't a good one

Carol has been on that group even before Rick.

And to think that Carol was sent off because of tyrese is sickening.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by Nobody: 5:21am On Nov 05, 2013
In short

I dey vex

Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by Nobody: 7:47am On Nov 05, 2013
VillageBoi: Maybe I'm wrong but I completely see Carol's POV (Point Of View); might even call it euthanasia... she did it because she knew the 'flu' would kill them in a bad way anyway and turn then into walkers (another danger she was trying to prevent). And know a debate is the 'may' turn them into walkers but we're forgetting the first victim (that eyeglass guy in the showers). I don't think she's going mad (she might now that she's been 'forced' on her own). I think Rick was wrong, very, very wrong. He is not thinking straight and hardly has been since his wife died.

"Maybe"? Lol, I disagree sha. Karen and David never asked to be killed, and they were not incapacitated, so there was no "death request" from their spouses/partners or loved ones. Carol doesn't even know if the flu is incurable. It was a hasty and reckless decision on her part. Carol thought she was doing the camp a favor but she wasn't. She did not stop anything from spreading. She killed two innocent people who may have lived.

I don't even buy her "they were suffering" story. Why didn't she kill Hershel after his leg was amputated? Or Carl when he was shot? Would she have done it if it was Sophia? Or the 10-year-old girl she was looking after? A big fat no. She's selfish. Karen and David meant nothing to her, so offing those two was easy. She even tried equating her stupidity to Rick's actions. The only time Rick has killed the living was when the living tried to kill him.

Rick wasn't wrong in any way. Something of that nature is impossible to hide from an unstable wildebeest like Tyrese. Rick would have had to lie and tell him he was still looking for the killer when she was in fact living freely among them. If he told Tyrese, he would've killed her. Keep in mind that it's the same Carol that he asked to look after Sasha while he was gone. Not to mention her secrecy, trying to get Carl to keep a secret from his dad. She's untrustworthy. Rick made the right call.

1 Like

Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by Nobody: 7:51am On Nov 05, 2013
50calibre: Rick has killed more living people than any other person in that group, Carl gunned down a fleeing unarmed hostile, I guess everyone has his/her own personal opinion of what constitutes a threat.

Rick doesn't need consent. They've bestowed that "leader" title on his head so make he dey use am lol. He got them that far while making his own sacrifices and suffering losses. Despite there being a counsel, they all still come to him for advice. Abeg.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by VillageBoi(m): 12:34pm On Nov 05, 2013
ogugua88:
"Maybe"? Lol, I disagree sha.
Good points, well explained... But I still think Rick was too harsh on her.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by montelik(m): 12:52pm On Nov 05, 2013
I found both rick and Darryl's sanctimonious attitudes and lectures hypocritical. if rick sent carol away cos he felt her presence would lead to problems within the group upon tyrese learning the truth then fine. but all that nonsense about not trusting her around his kids was utter crap and b.s. even worse was him trying to sell his decision as good for her, like leaving an attractive lady out on the road all alone isn't a death sentence, but a summer cruise.

then Darryl chewing bob out for simply grabbing some shepe for system. yet this is the same guy who was travelling with and scavenging drugs and prescription pills for the longest time along with drugged up merle. as if he hasn't gotten high since the zombie apocalypse himself
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by 50calibre(m): 12:59am On Nov 07, 2013
ogugua88:

Rick doesn't need consent. They've bestowed that "leader" title on his head so make he dey use am lol. He got them that far while making his own sacrifices and suffering losses. Despite there being a counsel, they all still come to him for advice. Abeg.

A leadership role he relinquished to the others, after a series of bad judgements.

He basically placed a death sentence on carol, and for what reason, for Tyrese? Is Tyrese really worth it? This has been Rick's weakness all along, always trying to do the right thing at the wrong time, he's still has his cop mentality.

Irrational decision by Rick, one that will be proved in the next episode.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by LordOrochimaru(m): 11:22pm On Nov 07, 2013
Boring episode...Twas a decision the panel should have decide on, even if daryl decided to follow her(carol).it wasn't ricks call to send her away, just as it wasn't her call to kill those 2. I hope it doesn't backfire on rick and his group. In my own opinion sha, I'd take a blind carol over tyrese and the wine-crazy dude
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by Mcbussy(m): 11:39pm On Nov 07, 2013
50calibre:

A leadership role he relinquished to the others, after a series of bad judgements.

He basically placed a death sentence on carol, and for what reason, for Tyrese? Is Tyrese really worth it? This has been Rick's weakness all along, always trying to do the right thing at the wrong time, he's still has his cop mentality.

Irrational decision by Rick, one that will be proved in the next episode.

I understand the best decision as a leader is 2 let her face a panel,which definitely would av been worse for her.

But if u say its irrational to send her away,then it'd really make me curious about your definition of the word "Rational"

Rick didn't do it for Tyrese,he did it for Karen and the other guy that she MURDERED.

So judging from the situation of things,in a world where there's really no standing constitution or law.that's a very rational decision.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by Nobody: 6:44am On Nov 10, 2013
This season has been boring. Not impressed
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by valboy20(m): 8:26am On Nov 10, 2013
that blockhead bob guy should go ..he's really annoying. this is the second time his kai kai almost cost his life.

carol can't jux be written off so y'all carol fans should chiill...e nova reach time to protest lol

BTW my team plenty o

#team rick and glenn
#team carol and daryl
#team michionne (my queen)
#team anybody that is strong lol

leggo ep 5

1 Like

Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by Nobody: 7:12am On Nov 11, 2013
no updates?

can't download from here

abeg you guys should say what's up
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by Nobody: 8:00am On Nov 11, 2013
No. I don't give spoilers lol.

It was INTENSE though!! I can't wait to watch it again.

And who is still calling the show boring? If I catch you ehn! angry
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 11, 2013
just downloaded episode 5. will watch it later this evening.
ogugua88: No. I don't give spoilers lol.

I hope they have woken up.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by 50calibre(m): 1:20pm On Nov 11, 2013
Best episode of this season so far!! Action packed all through. I thought Hershel was going to die, maybe a walker would sneak up behind him, I was on the edge of my seat.

Episodes needs to be as entertaining as this, Carl & Rick handling assault rifles, was the highlight for me. Btw that little girl needs to go, I haven't seen a kid more stup*d than that, walker are not humans, accept it.

Next episode will be crazy, for the very first time they'll be facing three foes, Walkers, Disease, The Governor. I can't want to see michone take out his 2nd eye.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by Nobody: 3:04pm On Nov 11, 2013
ogugua88: No. I don't give spoilers lol.

cry
cry
cry
cry
cry
cry
cry
cry
cry
cry
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by Nobody: 5:30pm On Nov 11, 2013
Imanuelle:
cry
cry
cry
cry
cry
cry
cry
cry
cry

You will thank me later. wink
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 11, 2013
50calibre: Best episode of this season so far!! Action packed all through. I thought Hershel was going to die, maybe a walker would sneak up behind him, I was on the edge of my seat.

Episodes needs to be as entertaining as this, Carl & Rick handling assault rifles, was the highlight for me. Btw that little girl needs to go, I haven't seen a kid more stup*d than that, walker are not humans, accept it.

Next episode will be crazy, for the very first time they'll be facing three foes, Walkers, Disease, The Governor. I can't want to see michone take out his 2nd eye.

It's like I dissect your points every week lol.

The girl really isn't that stupid for quite a few reasons:

1. She's about 10 years old.
2. This girl is ajebutter in terms of zombies as she was sheltered from all of that (to our knowledge) in Woodbury. She's not like Carl who got experience in the woods, on the road, and on the farm. More experiences (and age) may change her.
3. She was protecting Glenn. Sasha was out, Hershel was occupied, and it seemed like help wasn't coming. If she didn't do what she did, then we'd be weaping over the loss of a major character, and she said so herself.

Of course she'd trip. She's young and it's a tv show. No way would she be successful lol.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 11, 2013
Best episode this season

I wonder who's the parent. Carl or Rick? lol.
That kid got balls

Though I wanted to see Daryl's reaction. Shame I'll have to wait 7 days for that

Finally, the governor is back. How did this walkers become so many? Something tells me the governor is behind that
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by texanomaly(f): 6:02pm On Nov 11, 2013
I love Walking Dead . Until last season I watched religiously. I have not really watched much tv since last year. I've missed so much. I will need to get the DVDs so i can catch up. From what I'm reading, a lot has happened.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by montelik(m): 8:38pm On Nov 11, 2013
joeydozzy: Best episode this season

I wonder who's the parent. Carl or Rick? lol.
That kid got balls

Though I wanted to see Daryl's reaction. Shame I'll have to wait 7 days for that

Finally, the governor is back. How did this walkers become so many? Something tells me the governor is behind that

Maggie was the only one clearing the fences after Rick, Carol, Darryl and co went looking for supplies and everyone else was in quarantine. Hence the extra build up that brought down the fences.

As for their concentration in particular spots. I believe that has more to do with a much larger group of people in the prison and Rick co making greater use of the courtyard and perimeter fields for farming e.t.c.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by Nobody: 9:03pm On Nov 11, 2013
montelik:

Maggie was the only one clearing the fences after Rick, Carol, Darryl and co went looking for supplies and everyone else was in quarantine. Hence the extra build up that brought down the fences.

As for their concentration in particular spots. I believe that has more to do with a much larger group of people in the prison and Rick co making greater use of the courtyard and perimeter fields for farming e.t.c.

Those walkers didn't increase in number when the crew increased. You watched the first 2 episodes yourself. They increased the same time the crew found out they were being fed rats. Walkers were at other parts of the region but suddenly were all over the fence. Something or someone lured them

And the governor coincidentally appeared the same time the hundreds of walkers were annihilated by Carl and Rick. If you ask me, the plan didn't work

I don't know, just thinking out loud grin
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by 50calibre(m): 9:51pm On Nov 11, 2013
ogugua88:

It's like I dissect your points every week lol.

The girl really isn't that stupid for quite a few reasons:

1. She's about 10 years old.
2. This girl is ajebutter in terms of zombies as she was sheltered from all of that (to our knowledge) in Woodbury. She's not like Carl who got experience in the woods, on the road, and on the farm. More experiences (and age) may change her.
3. She was protecting Glenn. Sasha was out, Hershel was occupied, and it seemed like help wasn't coming. If she didn't do what she did, then we'd be weaping over the loss of a major character, and she said so herself.

Of course she'd trip. She's young and it's a tv show. No way would she be successful lol.

Hahahaha! She did save Glenn this time, but on many occasions, she's argued that the walkers were still humans, and were just sick.

I'm still not a fan of hiding the gruesome stuff from the kids, like Hershel does. What's the point, why not let them see the reality of things, so they can be prepared psychologically & physically like Carl.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by chromatic: 10:10pm On Nov 11, 2013
Now that's something! Amazing episode..enough filled in one hour, my head was just spinning like I thought they were ready to kill Hershel off, as he had such a huge episode..gotta agree with Daryl tonight, Hershel was one tough son of a bitch!
Hopefully that's all on this plague storyline, can't have this dragged on for the whole season. The governor is back and they don't know, Yes, bring it! .
Playing Ben Howard's Oats in the water at the end sealed how awesome this episode was..
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by ellab(f): 2:00am On Nov 12, 2013
Hershel took Dales place as the moral backbone. A show like this needs someone like Dale or Herschel.

But my favorite of the night was when Team Grimes took on the hoard of zombies with the assault rifles like it was nothing.
I kinda ve a feeling d governor will do sum'n to hershel.

The message of last episode is A Sad Soul Can Kill You Quicker Than A Germ.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by montelik(m): 4:38am On Nov 12, 2013
joeydozzy:

Those walkers didn't increase in number when the crew increased. You watched the first 2 episodes yourself. They increased the same time the crew found out they were being fed rats. Walkers were at other parts of the region but suddenly were all over the fence. Something or someone lured them

And the governor coincidentally appeared the same time the hundreds of walkers were annihilated by Carl and Rick. If you ask me, the plan didn't work

I don't know, just thinking out loud grin

actually from the opening of the season they had pointed out that the walkers were no longer spreading out and that lead to concentrated build-ups at certain points. I think that happened because of the increase in the group size and greater activity in the fields. also from the rat carcasses, it seems someone was luring them to that part of the fence, but it can be Guv as the person can only do so from within the prison not outside it.

the fence coming down had more to do with most of the group being away or quarantined, therefore not enough manpower to clear the fences.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by PhysicsQED(m): 9:01pm On Nov 12, 2013
Episode 5 was good. If they can just keep up this intensity/pace in the rest of the season, the show will finally go back to being as good as it used to be.
Re: "The Walking Dead" - Season 4 by Nobody: 7:02am On Nov 13, 2013
O_o

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

BBNaija: Ilebaye Warns Bryann As They Clash (Video) / BBNaija: A Motorcade Used To Campaign For Omatshola In Warri / Mtn Project Fame Season 4 Is Here At Last

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.