Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,063 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Love And Crime - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love And Crime (2093 Views)

Poll: Will You Report a Criminal spouse To the police

Yes: 14% (1 vote)
No: 42% (3 votes)
Depends On the crime involved: 28% (2 votes)
Never: 14% (1 vote)
He/she's Going down if I find out: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Premarital Sex Is Not A Crime Nor Sin! / Ha!!! She Confessed Her Love And It Was Like Ha!!!! / Differences Between True Love And Fake Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love And Crime by RedHotChic(f): 2:18pm On Jun 28, 2008
You are in love with your spouse, life is good and he/she is all you ever wanted in a partner . Then, you suddenly made a gruesome discovery about his/her past like raping and killing a child. This is a heinous crime that can take him/her to jail for some time if you rat him/her out. Being a good law abiding citizen, will you push your love aside and call the cops? If you can't do it, will you ever do it when there is divorce?
Re: Love And Crime by RedHotChic(f): 2:21pm On Jun 28, 2008
Note: There is a provision in the law in America where a spouse cannot testify against each other during or after the marriage other because whatever the defendant spouse told the other was said in confidence but there are also limitations depending on the case involved.
Re: Love And Crime by 419er(m): 2:25pm On Jun 28, 2008
Must you encounter all the negativities in life young funmi?
I feel for you, I've a friend who is single and will definately threat you right.
I hate seeing you going through all these agonies in life.
Re: Love And Crime by jkpretty(f): 2:36pm On Jun 28, 2008
It also depends on how i heard this, if he told me, its sooooo better off, than hearing it somewhere else.I would never report him to the cops. (I would annul the relationship, but if married, can't tell).
If i'm sooo in love with him, it'll hurt me for life!

To men: Please some of us like the truth, no matter how bitter it is, tell me as it is. cool
Re: Love And Crime by RedHotChic(f): 2:48pm On Jun 28, 2008
I feel for you, I've a friend who is single and will definately threat you right.
Re: Love And Crime by RedHotChic(f): 2:49pm On Jun 28, 2008
It also depends on how i heard this, if he told me, its sooooo better off, than hearing it somewhere else.I would never report him to the cops. (I would annul the relationship, but if married, can't tell).
If i'm sooo in love with him, it'll hurt me for life!

To men: Please some of us like the truth, no matter how bitter it is, tell me as it is.
Are you aware that the affairs of the heart can make us do stupid things sometimes? What if this man you are married to is a murderer and you decide to keep quiet, don't you know he may turn around one day and murder you?
Re: Love And Crime by beauteous(f): 2:50pm On Jun 28, 2008
419er:

LOL. . . sm pple can mk me laff sha. cheesy
Re: Love And Crime by sinthia(f): 2:53pm On Jun 28, 2008
419er:

guy,ur mouth sharp ooo
Re: Love And Crime by 419er(m): 3:00pm On Jun 28, 2008
The Lady sounds desperate in love but lack the ability to say her mind in a direct way, rather choose indirect to express her hearth desire.
Voluntarily I'm introducing a man that'll threat her good, apart from being Financially boyant.
Re: Love And Crime by jkpretty(f): 3:01pm On Jun 28, 2008
RedHotChic:

Are you aware that the affairs of the heart can make us do stupid things sometimes? What if this man you are married to is a murderer and you decide to keep quiet, don't you know he may turn around one day and murder you?

I will sniff the living day out of the guy i'm going to marry before i walk up the altar with him. Who said its only men that do the detecting runz. Who wants to marry a murderer. wink

I answered your question putting myself under the scenario, it still depends on how i heard it.
Re: Love And Crime by 419er(m): 3:06pm On Jun 28, 2008
RedHotChic:

You quite know what I'm talking about and be careful what you wish may come to you.
          If you're not a criminal you'll not be attracted to a criminal and an unbeliever does not hang with a believer.

Get this as an assignment, Get yourself a Man that will be solve your soul desires and stop having all these negative thinking in your mind, Don't feel like being out of the game.
Re: Love And Crime by RedHotChic(f): 3:07pm On Jun 28, 2008
I will sniff the leaving day out of the guy i'm going to marry before i walk up the altar with him. Who said its only men that do the detecting runz. Who wants to marry a murderer. Wink

I answered your question putting myself under the scenario, it still depends on how i heard it.
Sometimes you can sniff and sniff but won't perceive anything especially if the significant other shares a different ethnic/national/racial background. You never can tell, we women also have our best kept little secrets we keep from dem men that they dont ever find out till we bury them.

How you heard it: From him, does it matter that much?
Re: Love And Crime by 419er(m): 3:32pm On Jun 28, 2008
Keep on ignoring my comment and go ahead posting your senseless opinion.

You feel incompetent among women and the best way to get on board is to turn an un projected FEMINIST.
You still have chances to be on rail.
Re: Love And Crime by beauteous(f): 3:34pm On Jun 28, 2008
419er u re fonnie sha bt maybe u shud allow her be. wink
Re: Love And Crime by jkpretty(f): 3:42pm On Jun 28, 2008
RedHotChic:

Sometimes you can sniff and sniff but won't perceive anything especially if the significant other shares a different ethnic/national/racial background. You never can tell, we women also have our best kept little secrets we keep from them men that they don't ever find out till we bury them.

I'm too proud of my tribe to wonder away cheesy. yes agreed there are times we sniff, & yet can't perceive. But my believe is a woman can over time detect the kind of potentials her spouse could have. No matter what a guy can't protect all of himself. If a woman really wants to get to the roots of a man, she will. On this secret keeping women are more dangerous, because society quickly frown at the ills of a woman, so many tend to keep them.

RedHotChic:

How you heard it: From him, does it matter that much?

Well . . . no one is good tho, but Its better when its heard from him, its shows a desire for a change or an uplifting of burden.
Re: Love And Crime by 419er(m): 3:55pm On Jun 28, 2008
beauteous:

419er u re fonnie sha bt maybe u should allow her be. wink
It's for her own good not mine.
She feels hearthbroken and FEMINIST should be best option to cure her wounds.

"our greatest happiness is not we don't fall or make mistakes but the ability to stand each time we failed"
Re: Love And Crime by Mesmerize(f): 3:59pm On Jun 28, 2008
Yes, I'll divorce him and tell the cops. It's either him spending time or me getting shut up in my sleep lipsrsealed
Re: Love And Crime by noetic(m): 4:11pm On Jun 28, 2008
Mesmerize:

Yes, I'll divorce him and tell the cops. It's either him spending time or me getting shut up in my sleep lipsrsealed
uhhhh.

so marriage is all about being blind?
419er:

It's for her own good not mine.
She feels hearthbroken and FEMINIST should be best option to cure her wounds.

"our greatest happiness is not we don't fall or make mistakes but the ability to stand each time we failed"
i dey feel u
but wait, where u get that username 4m sef grin
Re: Love And Crime by RedHotChic(f): 4:53pm On Jun 28, 2008
Yes, I'll divorce him and tell the cops. It's either him spending time or me getting shut up in my sleep
The bitter truth but how many people can really do it?
Re: Love And Crime by Mesmerize(f): 4:56pm On Jun 28, 2008
noetic:

uhhhh.

so marriage is all about being blind?i dey feel u

RedHotChic:

The bitter truth but how many people can really do it?
true. . but if it comes to my safety and my children's safety, I'll risk it. well, am speaking for myself sha
Re: Love And Crime by RedHotChic(f): 6:29pm On Jun 28, 2008
I'm too proud of my tribe to wonder away Cheesy. yes agreed there are times we sniff, & yet can't perceive. But my believe is a woman can over time detect the kind of potentials her spouse could have. No matter what a guy can't protect all of himself. If a woman really wants to get to the roots of a man, she will.
Men may be lousy in keeping secrets but when the secret has their lives hanging in air, they'd rather keep it to themselves than let you in on them voluntarily or involuntarily.
Re: Love And Crime by sistajay(f): 6:57pm On Jun 28, 2008
@ Poster

If my partner did commite the crime of raping and killing a child in the past, I'll go straight to the cops. NO amount of love i have for him will deter me from doing so. Rapists and killer don't deserve to breath the same air as we do. They are the scum of the earth.
Re: Love And Crime by noetic(m): 7:01pm On Jun 28, 2008
Mesmerize:

ur initial post was straight forward,childish and was a dumb opinion

marriage aint black n white.
Re: Love And Crime by RedHotChic(f): 7:42pm On Jun 28, 2008
your initial post was straight forward,childish and was a dumb opinion Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

Are you saying that her opinion must match yours for it to make sense?. Don't we have freedom of opinion here anymore?
Re: Love And Crime by beauteous(f): 7:45pm On Jun 28, 2008
noetic:

your initial post was straight forward,childish  and was a dumb opinion

Re: Love And Crime by Mesmerize(f): 7:47pm On Jun 28, 2008
noetic:

your initial post was straight forward,childish and was a dumb opinion

Did I say it was gold and silver?

RedHotChic:

Are you saying that her opinion must match yours for it to make sense?.
help me ask am o

beauteous:

dntmind him. .
I guess I should have copied and paste his own reply
Re: Love And Crime by beauteous(f): 7:49pm On Jun 28, 2008
lol. . .
Re: Love And Crime by noetic(m): 7:51pm On Jun 28, 2008
Mesmerize:

Did I say it was gold and silver?
no vex

go n divorce d unfortunate man, then

@ topic

depending on the source of the info.
we all are humans and with bad pasts. forgiveness is a virture of a arge heart.

I dont know what i will gain by reporting to the authorities.
Re: Love And Crime by RedHotChic(f): 7:51pm On Jun 28, 2008
@ Poster

If my partner did commite the crime of raping and killing a child in the past, I'll go straight to the cops. NO amount of love i have for him will deter me from doing so
Did you consider the fact that you'll be left with not only the burden of taking care of your kids but explaining to them why you were so mean righteous to give their daddy up to the law?
Re: Love And Crime by Mesmerize(f): 7:52pm On Jun 28, 2008
noetic:

no vex

go n divorce d unfortunate man, then

Dude, did I say I was married? undecided
Re: Love And Crime by noetic(m): 7:53pm On Jun 28, 2008
Mesmerize:

Dude, did I say I was married? undecided

who said u where
Re: Love And Crime by RedHotChic(f): 7:55pm On Jun 28, 2008
@ topic

depending on the source of the info.
we all are humans and with bad pasts. forgiveness is a virture of a arge heart.

I don't know what i will gain by reporting to the authorities.
Why not say consider your actions depending on the crime committed and not the source of the information? For sure, I can forgive a husband that committed tax fraud, 419 etc but harboring a pedophile and murderer is more difficult to contend with.

You don't know what you'll gain by reporting her?: You'll gain the virtue that comes with protecting other kids that may fall victim to her antics.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Confusing Love With Desperacy And Foolishness / Why I Want A Wife / Why Do Some Girls Think That We Guys Are Fools?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.