Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,084 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (163) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (517992 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 5:36pm On Aug 14, 2014
Ok! While more contributions are welcome.....

Next question loading.....smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 5:49pm On Aug 14, 2014
DeoGratias1: Hello sir, am only a kid learning here. Thanks for the teachings you people are doing here. Am a Catholic too. Gratias to you all and Deo gratias for you guys. smiley

hahahaha, you are learning, Salc is learning cheesy, We are all learning.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 5:52pm On Aug 14, 2014
SalC: Lol see as God answer this prayer sharp sharp. cheesy

I reserve my comment. wink
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 5:55pm On Aug 14, 2014
Syncan:

I am learning from "you" did you miss that part?. See Theologian dey form learner grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 5:57pm On Aug 14, 2014
Syncan:

I reserve my comment. wink
Flaunt your joy for an answered prayer joor. tongue
Re: A Thread For Catholics by DeoGratias1(m): 5:59pm On Aug 14, 2014
SalC: Welcome dear, we all are learning here by God's grace. Come around often even if it's just to say "hi" and may God bless you abundantly.

Once again welcome. smiley
Thanks

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by DeoGratias1(m): 6:00pm On Aug 14, 2014
Syncan:

So help us God.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:01pm On Aug 14, 2014
Damerry....
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:03pm On Aug 14, 2014
FrancisTony....
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 14, 2014
SalC: FrancisTony....

Madamè, next tomorrow is my exam.

Travelling tomorrow.

It's well. sad
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:16pm On Aug 14, 2014
FrancisTony:

Madamè, next tomorrow is my exam.

Travelling tomorrow.

It's well. sad
God is with you. Your journey will be a calm one and you will succeed in your exam.

It's well. smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 14, 2014
SalC: God is with you. Your journey will be a calm one and you will succeed in your exam.

It's well. smiley

Amen. Thanks. 3 to 4hrs journey.

I am just watching from sideline here.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:20pm On Aug 14, 2014
FrancisTony:

Amen. Thanks. 3 to 4hrs journey.

I am just watching from sideline here.
From where to where?

Cool!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 14, 2014
SalC: From where to where?

Cool!

Lagos to Ibadan.

It feels good to be reading update here. cool

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by damerry(m): 6:50pm On Aug 14, 2014
SalC: Damerry....

Pardon me, my phone has been down with a flat battery since yesterday. Just charged it dis afternoon,.

Educating discussions So far, thanks to all that shared something, will catch up with you soon, I'm in church @ present.

Happy feast of assumption!

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:53pm On Aug 14, 2014
FrancisTony:

Lagos to Ibadan.

It feels good to be reading update here. cool
Ok... All the best.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:57pm On Aug 14, 2014
damerry:

Pardon me, my phone has been down with a flat battery since yesterday. Just charged it dis afternoon,.

Educating discussions So far, thanks to all that shared something, will catch up with you soon, I'm in church @ present.

Happy feast of assumption!
Alright, concentrate well you are in God's presence.

Has our Lady been assumed already? grin

Cool happy feast of assumption in view wink

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:23pm On Aug 14, 2014
SalC: I am learn from "you" did you miss that part?. See bro dey form learner grin

Fixed.

Note: Only "The Word" does not learn the word.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 7:33pm On Aug 14, 2014
Syncan:

This one you call im name twice...Who you de follow, John abi Jesus?
hehehe

the guy clear road for Jesus maybe if i call e name two times God go decide to clear some road for my life.

Read the life of st patrick.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 7:40pm On Aug 14, 2014
Syncan:

Greetings bro, you take style scarce sha.

Always in the spirit

smiley

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 7:42pm On Aug 14, 2014
SalC: Hmm na wa o. You too sabi o

You can't mask the truth no matter how hard you try.

tongue smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:43pm On Aug 14, 2014
A quick question please before I drop the next question, which of these translations best conveys the massage in. Isa 40:3

Please note the emphasis...

The voice of one crying in the wilderness:“Prepare the way of the Lord;Make straight in the desert A highway for our God. Nkjv

A voice cries out, "prepare in the wilderness a road for the Lord, Clear the way in the desert for our God! GNB

The first seem to indicate the voice speaking is speaking in the wilderness, not that the road should be made in the wilderness while the second seems to be saying the road should be made in the wilderness.
NB.- NKJV, KJV, NIV, NRSV favours the first presentation.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 8:09pm On Aug 14, 2014
SalC: Alright, concentrate well you are in God's presence.

vigil today.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by damerry(m): 9:19pm On Aug 14, 2014
SalC:

My bad. Happy eve of assumption smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by damerry(m): 9:56pm On Aug 14, 2014
SalC: ......Relating John's action to ours as christians, we also have it in two dimensions....

1) We all know God is omnipotent, it is never difficult for him to come to our aid when we are in need, he even know what we want before we say it. Matt 6:8. Yet sometimes when we are in need, we pray and yet "God doesn't answer". And we tend to ask "Does God truly care about us?" Is he really all powerful? Is he really all knowing? Doesn't he want to answer? The questions are endless because we want him to act fast. We expect him to do what we want.

In a situation like this, most times we tend to forget the other side of God.

2) When we look at what has transpired between, Jesus, John and his disciples, we can relate it to what we do or ought to do as Christians.

The scripture said, "there is a time for everything" Ecc 3:1-15

As parents or guardians, we are expected to lay good foundations and teach our children the way they should go. Prov 22:6, but a time will come when we also direct those under us to discover for themselves the truth of life. . Paul use the example of feeding his children with milk of God's word at a tender age, but when they are mature, they no longer need milk but solid food. 1cor3:2

John in this instance has himself told his disciples of the messiah, showed him to them, now it is time for them to personally encounter him and convince themselves because he will soon be leaving them, they needed to be sure of whom to follow even when he is no more.

I would say, they went and got convinced, that was why they came back to inform him when their master John died. John 14:12.

This shows that, we too should not just tell our children about Jesus, we should also encourage them to seek him out and encounter him to be rest assured.

Superb!

Just got to read all contributions, each has it's own beauty and there's this symmetry in all.

#learning something.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:43am On Aug 15, 2014
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:04am On Aug 15, 2014
What is the significance of John living or preaching in the wilderness?

Prophet Isaiah foretold the forerunner of the messiah "as a voice crying in the wilderness" Isa 40:3

When John came, he made it clear: he was the voice of someone shouting in the wilderness. John 1:23

The scriptures also made it clear he preached in the desert of Judea. Matt 3:1-3

1)The question now is, why would John preach in the wilderness instead of doing so at the city gate or midst of people.

2)What is the significance of the food he eats in the wilderness . John 3:4

3)How can we as christians emulate John
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:11am On Aug 15, 2014
Sing the praises of the Lord, you his faithful people;  praise his holy name. For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime;weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning. Ps 30:4-5

Good morning brethren and do have a joy filled day ahead smiley

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by damerry(m): 8:23am On Aug 15, 2014
Francistony, please modify your signature, it's not charitable to our Assumption thread outing.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 15, 2014
damerry: Francistony, please modify your signature, it's not charitable to our Assumption thread outing.

Done. I was using it to drive traffic. sad

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by hurricaneChris: 8:55am On Aug 15, 2014
Happy feast day frnds!

One of my favorite solemnities.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 9:35am On Aug 15, 2014
Ubenedictus: hehehe

the guy clear road for Jesus maybe if i call e name two times God go decide to clear some road for my life.

Read the life of st patrick.

St. Patrick, I will... again. what am I watching out for?

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.