Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,175 members, 7,815,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (193) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (517833 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:02pm On Sep 08, 2014
Happy birthday to thee O purest of creatures!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 9:33pm On Sep 08, 2014
Queen concieved without original sin, pray for me.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 10:26pm On Sep 08, 2014
Ubenedictus: Queen concieved without original sin, pray for US.
Fixed
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 10:33pm On Sep 08, 2014
debbie: kamsified....this name reminds me of a word i got used to in the university days grin
Ada mmadu kedu ka imere?
Oh really? Could you pls kindly kowaciate the university word? grin

Adim mma dearie. Thanks a lot for asking. Hope you're fine too

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by debbie(f): 9:30am On Sep 09, 2014
Welcome back....i saw you in another thread seriously throwing your questions grin hummmmm so you too go there? cheesy
MariaGoretti: Happy bday, Most chaste of all
Happy bday, Seat of wisdom.

Greetings to the house!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by debbie(f): 9:31am On Sep 09, 2014
Good morning all.please who is in Abuja presently looking for an intern job,let me know
NOTE-it is only for the house members please

Hope we have prayed and studied the word of God this morning?
have a blessed day .
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 9:36am On Sep 09, 2014
debbie: Good morning all.please who is in Abuja presently looking for an intern job,let me know
NOTE-it is only for the house members please

Hope we have prayed and studied the word of God this morning?
have a blessed day .

Intern job? At where?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by debbie(f): 9:45am On Sep 09, 2014
Bros inukwa ajuju smiley i said Abuja......
jnrbayano:

Intern job? At where?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by MariaGoretti: 12:42pm On Sep 09, 2014
debbie: Welcome back....i saw you in another thread seriously throwing your questions grin hummmmm so you too go there? cheesy
lol
nne, rapukwa ife ifuru o....
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 2:12pm On Sep 09, 2014
debbie: Bros inukwa ajuju smiley i said Abuja......
Is it for student... Or graduates can apply...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 2:12pm On Sep 09, 2014
Rich4god and jnrbayano!!!! I greet una
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 2:13pm On Sep 09, 2014
Can sight my zing... Feeling happy...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 2:14pm On Sep 09, 2014
Kamsified: Rich4god and jnrbayano!!!! I greet una
How are you doing dear... Go meet MG... She is with the cake I reserved for you... Just hope kiddablingz hasnt gotten his hands on it...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by debbie(f): 2:33pm On Sep 09, 2014
Graduates...mostly freshers who are looking for job
Rich4god: Is it for student... Or graduates can apply...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 2:38pm On Sep 09, 2014
debbie: Graduates...mostly freshers who are looking for job
Wonderful. Debbie being a caring mom since 1950
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 2:38pm On Sep 09, 2014
debbie: Graduates...mostly freshers who are looking for job
Ok... I jst pm(ed)... Btw, your dp dey make my mouth watery... Na now i knw why woky no dey let you rest...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 2:40pm On Sep 09, 2014
Rich4god: How are you doing dear... Go meet MG... She is with the cake I reserved for you... Just hope kiddablingz hasnt gotten his hands on it...
Thanks sweetheart. Sorry I missed your birthday. Was taking care of MIL Salc that's why grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 2:41pm On Sep 09, 2014
Rich4god: Ok... I jst pm(ed)... Btw, your dp dey make my mouth watery... Na now i knw why woky no dey let you rest...
Looks like we'll be relocating to Abuja soon.yay!!!!!!!!
Debbie pls na your hand e dey o

*packing my bag*
Re: A Thread For Catholics by debbie(f): 2:44pm On Sep 09, 2014
Blushing on my mind grin
Kamsified:
Wonderful. Debbie being a caring mom since 1950

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by debbie(f): 2:45pm On Sep 09, 2014
Pls who are the WE? better stay where you are biko!
Oya unpack that bag osiso....and go and continue your duty tongue
Kamsified:

*packing my bag*

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 2:46pm On Sep 09, 2014
Kamsified:
Thanks sweetheart. Sorry I missed your birthday. Was taking care of MIL Salc that's why grin
lol... No comment... Till she sees this post...

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 2:48pm On Sep 09, 2014
Kamsified:

*packing my bag*
*falls frm my chair*... You just made me and laff... And pple are just asking me " whats the problem"...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 5:10pm On Sep 09, 2014
Kamsified: Rich4god and jnrbayano!!!! I greet una

I greet you dear. Hope your Zing Rich4God is treating you zingly

wink

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by IFY124(f): 5:17pm On Sep 09, 2014
Good evening all. Hope we are doing fine
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 6:55pm On Sep 09, 2014
Rich4god: *falls frm my chair*... You just made me and laff... And pple are just asking me " whats the problem"...
Hahaha where were you?. Don't mind them, they won't understand
If I don't make your day sweetheart, who will?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 6:55pm On Sep 09, 2014
jnrbayano:

I greet you dear. Hope your Zing Rich4God is treating you zingly

wink
Yes he is smiley

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 6:56pm On Sep 09, 2014
IFY124: Good evening all. Hope we are doing fine
Good evening to you Nwanne mmadu

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 7:12pm On Sep 09, 2014
debbie: Pls who are the WE? better stay where you are biko!
Oya unpack that bag osiso....and go and continue your duty tongue
Nne m, this your advert made my day. That's what I call 'looking out for your brethren'.
We in Vatican are expectant that this will be prayer answered for at least one of us

*soaks my chaplet in water*
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 9:04pm On Sep 09, 2014
Kamsified:
Hahaha where were you?. Don't mind them, they won't understand
If I don't make your day sweetheart, who will?
lol... Thanks alot my zing...

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 5:58am On Sep 10, 2014
SINGLE YEARS
  "Are you free of a wife? If so, do not go in search of one." —1 Corinthians 7:27 smiley  1st reading
Those gifted to be single for the Lord do not commit sin if they marry (1 Cor 7:28). "But such people will have trials in this life, and these I should like to spare you" (1 Cor 7:28). All people have trials; so Paul must have been referring to unnecessary, additional trials. Moreover, it is sometimes good to undergo trials. However, Paul must not have been referring to "good" trials, or he would not have tried to spare anyone these trials. In summary, in the Scriptures the Lord indicates that those who marry but were called to be single will have unnecessary, additional trials, which it would have been better not to have undergone.

Is the Lord trying to show those who are single the way to the easiest, most comfortable life? No, He is trying to keep singles as free as possible to help them devote themselves entirely to Him (1 Cor 7:35). Some people in the Body of Christ need to be available for anything at any time to further God's kingdom. They must not be tied down by unnecessary trials. The exceptional freedom and availability of those single for the Lord is not for their ease and comfort; rather, it is for the good of the Body of Christ.

"The time is short" (1 Cor 7:29), and the times are stressful (1 Cor 7:26). Those of you called to the single life, the Body of Christ needs your gift now more than ever. Be single for the Lord and His kingdom.

Culled from Laudate app

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by clemigho(m): 7:07am On Sep 10, 2014
Today's Rosary Mystery is Glorious Mystery:

The 1st glorious mystery - The Resurrection of Jesus Christ
In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre. And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it. And the angel answered and said unto the women: "Fear not ye! For I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified. He is not here. For he is risen, as he said". (Mat 28,1-6)

The risen Jesus has proved that man, together with Him, can have power over sin and therefore death. Jesus, help raise us, deliver us from sin, from evil, give us Your light, give us Your joy. Rekindle inside us the love, the faith, the hopefulness, and the gift of prayer. Let us ask Mary for the gift of an unshakeable faith.

The 2nd glorious mystery - The Ascension of Jesus to Heaven
And as they are speaking these things, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith to them, "Peace to you"; being amazed, and becoming affrighted, they were thinking themselves to see a spirit. And he said to them, "Why are ye troubled? and wherefore do reasonings come up in your hearts? see my hands and my feet, that I am he; handle me and see, because a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me having." And having said this, he shewed to them the hands and the feet. ... "And, lo, I do send the promise of my Father upon you, but ye -- abide ye in the city of Jerusalem till ye be clothed with power from on high." And he led them forth without -- unto Bethany, and having lifted up his hands he did bless them, and it came to pass, in his blessing them, he was parted from them, and was borne up to the heaven. (Luk 24,36-51)

Jesus, You have not deserted Your apostles in anguish, but have given them the joy of knowing Jesus "glorified" over 40 days . After Your Ascension, You granted to all those who seek You the gift of recieving You in the Eucharist. Through Mary we trust in you. Mary, give us the gift of hope.

The 3rd glorious mystery - The Descent of the Holy Ghost
And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. (Act 2,1-4)

Jesus, inffuse us with the Comforter, the Holy Ghost, enlighten us with the light of Your Spirit, with His strength enter in the deepest parts of our hearts and heal us. Deliver us, fill up our hearts with Your love. Make us apostles of Yours, dear Lord. Let us ask Mary the gift of true love, the gift of prayer from the heart.
"Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, Your well-beloved Spouse."

The 4th glorious mystery - The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary into Heaven
Blessed art thou of the most high God above all the women upon the earth; and blessed be the Lord God, which hath created the heavens and the earth, which hath directed thee to the cutting off of the head of the chief of our enemies. ... Thou hast done all these things by thine hand: thou hast done much good to Israel, and God is pleased therewith: blessed be thou of the Almighty Lord for evermore. And all the people said, So be it. (Jdt 13,18-20; 15,10)

Now that Mary is raised into heaven, She prays for Her sons and daughters, those sons and daughters Jesus left Her when He was on the cross. Mary, pray for us, You know our fears, take us into Your Heart, the Heart of a Mother. Help us now and in the time of our death to be with You in Heaven. We ask of you a devotion to Your Immaculate Heart, where we may take refuge in times of trouble.

The 5th glorious mystery - The Coronation of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Queen of Heaven and Earth
There appeared a great sign in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars. (Rev 12,1)

Let us trust in Mary, Let us call to Her, let us love Her, let us confide in Her, because She gives Her all to us. We have a Mother in Heaven who is also a Queen; thus we need to turn to Her with full faith and hopefulness. If we ask for something while praying the Holy Rosary, it will be granted to us. Ask Her for the gift of prayer, a prayer of the heart, said only for love, a love for Her and Jesus. Let us also ask for a consistency of prayer, to always be joined to Her Heart, and therefore to the Heart of Jesus.

As we pray and reflect on these glorious mysteries, through the intercession of our Glorious Mother Mary, may the glory of God shine upon us & dispel all of our transgressions, worries, anxieties & that of our loved ones & beloved country Nigeria. In Jesus Name, Amen.
Do have a glorious day.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For Catholics by MariaGoretti: 7:10am On Sep 10, 2014
Good Good morning sweet people of God.

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.