Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,582 members, 7,816,433 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (390) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (518057 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 10:33am On Jul 12, 2015
Kamsified:

Woah This is deep
'Sleep walking to a wrong spot' nailed it.

The oil of your wisdom shall never run dry. Amen
Happy Sunday bro

God bless you dear. A splendid Sunday ahead to you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by btoks: 10:52am On Jul 12, 2015
Kamsified:
Psalm 118:24

"This is the day that The Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it."

Good morning brethren and have a blessed week
It certainly is another day to rejoice. Have a blessed week as well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 11:05am On Jul 12, 2015
Happy Sunday brethren.

Testimony time!

*Grabs the mic

There have been novenas, several good wishes and prayers on this family thread offered for the benefit of our members time and again.

With great joy I announce to you what God has done for me through you my beloved. He has just blessed me with a new job.

It has been my main prayer intention in all those novenas both here and the one done in private.

It indeed is a perfect birthday present.

This our God is good and I enjoin you all to thank God with me and may he bless you all for me

Victory for one victory for all.

*Sing with me*

When we get to heaven
At the marriage supper
All the saints shall gather
At the last assembly
No more sad story
No more heart breaking
Farewell to sorrow
Victory at last.

cheesy cool

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 11:09am On Jul 12, 2015
Kamsified:

Just when u think jnrbayano is in Capital city Awka, u find him in Ojota Lagos smh

I'm like the air and I glide around always wherever I perceive goodies.. wink

How are you dear?

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by hurricaneChris: 11:15am On Jul 12, 2015
Syncan:
From Today's first Reading. Genesis 28:10-22

"....Then Jacob awoke from his sleep and said, ‘Truly, the Lord is in this-place and I never knew it!’ He was afraid and said, ‘How awe-inspiring this place is! This is nothing less than a house of God; this is the gate of heaven'!..."

The house of God...the gate of heaven...Jnrbayano did you notice something? Yes o, did you not notice a relationship between this statement and what Jesus said in Matt. 16:18-19 "...and upon this rock I will build my church...And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven...". God has never hidden it, the people of God had always known it, that through the Church, God dispenses all that is necessary to go to heaven. On earth, the church is the pathway to heaven, that's why the psalmist was so happy seeing people go to the house of God " I rejoiced when I heard them say: let us go to the house of the Lord" Ps.122. For in the house of God there is fulness of Joy, peace flows like a river, comfort is given to the distressed, hope to the wearied and strength to the weak. Yes freedom is given to the captives, for truth is enthroned in the church 1Tim 3:15. Though you'll find thieves(sinners) in the house of God Matt.21:13, yet it's a home for saints Phill.4:21. Italo my brother, Where is the house of God on earth, where is the gate of heaven, which is the Church.. or where do you find the keys of heaven? As at this moment, as I speak to you, no one else lay a claim to it than the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. Only this Church says for example with audacity "Maria goretti is in heaven, ask her to pray for you". Why so? you may ask, and i will respond "If you have the keys to a place, won't you recognize those you open the gate for? Who else can say like the apostles in Acts 15 "It has pleased us and the Holy spirit, not to impose any burden on you...". Did you notice that Jacob was in the House of God without knowing? why? It is because he was sleeping. Haven't you heard them say "When I was in the catholic church bla bla bla, but now I have seen the light bla bla bla". Beloved SalC, they were sleeping! A lot sleep in the house of God, many sleep and wake up to realize like Jacob, but some walk in their sleep, and away they go before they wake. They both had the dream, but where did you find your self when you wake? The right spot where you slept or did you sleep walk to a wrong spot. Sleep walking is a disorder, it couldn't have taken you to a right place, may God help sleep walkers.

"If God goes with me and keeps me safe on this journey I am making, if he gives me bread to eat and clothes to wear, and if I return home safely to my father, then the Lord shall be my God. This stone I have set up as a monument shall be a house of God"

Yesterday there was this thread on our Lady that made front page, and people came there in their ignorance to bash the Catholic Church, Rich4god nwanne m, it was indeed an encounter. Look at Jacob, "If God keeps me safe...then the Lord shall be my God". The test of the pudding is in eating. They ask if Mary's Intercession is effective, if it means anything. Poor children. ChineloSA, what do they know? No one told them of the battle of lepanto(1571) and the role of Mary in keeping all of them Christians today, against mohammedans. Even wikipedia has this to say: "The Holy League[name of the christian army] credited the victory to the Virgin Mary, whose intercession with God they had implored for victory through the use of the Rosary". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Lepanto

Kamsified adanne, No one told them about the church "Our Lady of Pillars" in Spain which was started by St. James after the blessed virgin(still alive) visited him in bi-location to help him out in his troubles and the rest is history. Wikipedia has this to say "During the Spanish Civil War of 1936–1939 three bombs were dropped on the church but none of them exploded.[3] Two of them are still on show in the Basilica". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basilica_of_Our_Lady_of_the_Pillar

Do they want to hear from us? Let them hear from our own Hurricanechris https://www.nairaland.com/1468705/famous-rosary-miracles-believers/4#19153561 .
Where is stunningjudy dearest, seems they've not heard from you https://www.nairaland.com/1464338/thread-catholics/384#34715393. Ah, today we celebrate one of her daughters St. Maria Goretti, who preferred to die in the hand of a lust driven young man, but forgave and had her killer converted, by appearing to him in a dream just like Jacobs'. Today let's ask her intercession for the protection of our sisters...oh, and brothers in this modern world...from sexual crimes, and for comfort to rape victims.

God bless you. A splendid day ahead to all.

Just when you start thinking you're coming up in the "faith hustle", this brother comes up another masterpiece.

Always making us see how much we need to understand the faith.
May God bless ur intelligence brother.

Ehmmm... Now Kamsfied is back, should we beg for sunday rice again?
Wishing everyone here a wonderful sunday.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 11:18am On Jul 12, 2015
"Every time you post something about your faith you're building up the kingdom of God! Be Courageous! Share the Gospel today"!...Anon

A splendid Sunday ahead to you all.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 11:19am On Jul 12, 2015
hurricaneChris:

Just when you start thinking you're coming up in the "faith hustle", this brother comes up another masterpiece.

May God bless ur intelligence brother.

God bless and keep you always.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 11:28am On Jul 12, 2015
jnrbayano:
Happy Sunday brethren.

Testimony time!

*Grabs the mic

There have been novenas, several good wishes and prayers on this family thread offered for the benefit of our members time and again.

With great joy I announce to you what God has done for me through you my beloved. He has just blessed me with a new job.

It has been my main prayer intention in all those novenas both here and the one done in private.

This our God is good and I enjoin you all to thank God with me and may he bless you all for me

*Sing with me*

When we get to heaven
At the marriage supper
At the last assembly
No more sad story
No more heart breaking
Farewell to sorrow
Victory at last.

cheesy cool

I need not say much again. I rejoice with you brother. Indeed the Lord our God prospers us in the works of our hands. Deut.30:9.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 12:10pm On Jul 12, 2015
Syncan:

I need not say much again. I rejoice with you brother. Indeed the Lord our God prospers us in the works of our hands. Deut.30:9.

Amen. Thanks bro.

God is always God.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by bluerange(f): 1:53pm On Jul 12, 2015
Kamsified:

Just when u think jnrbayano is in Capital city Awka, u find him in Ojota Lagos smh

Ojota was my neighbourhood till l left home. We were one of the early Igbo families that settled there!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by bluerange(f): 1:56pm On Jul 12, 2015
hurricaneChris:

Lol, I swear my brother, you don't understand.

Someone called me last week and said he saw my drawing somewhere.

He asked me to see him at their office.
I went their on tuesday before traveling to owerri, this man just took me inside his office and gave me appointment letter! He's an Architect.

No interview, no stress.

I have a new job!!!! smiley smiley

Congratulations.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 2:20pm On Jul 12, 2015
jnrbayano:
Happy Sunday brethren.

Testimony time!

*Grabs the mic

*Sing with me*

When we get to heaven
At the marriage supper
At the last assembly
No more sad story
No more heart breaking
Farewell to sorrow
Victory at last.

cheesy cool

Oh wow this is awesome.
Doesn't it feel like a dream? Yet it's the reality on ground!
May God's name be praised forever more. Amen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 2:27pm On Jul 12, 2015
jnrbayano:

I'm like the air and I glide around always wherever I perceive goodies.. wink

How are you dear?

I'm fine dear and this good news from u has made me finer wink

Looking forward to my MTN recharge card jare

when u get paid again?cheesy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 2:40pm On Jul 12, 2015
bluerange:

Ojota was my neighbourhood till l left home. We were one of the early Igbo families that settled there!

Eiyaa that sounds like u'll know the area very well. is your family still there?

Nice to see u here again. U just disappeared on us since lipsrsealed
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 2:49pm On Jul 12, 2015
hurricaneChris:

May God bless ur intelligence brother

I agree with u on the bolded

By the way food is ready

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by bluerange(f): 3:30pm On Jul 12, 2015
Kamsified:

Eiyaa that sounds like u'll know the area very well. is your family still there?

Nice to see u here again. U just disappeared on us since lipsrsealed

l know Ojota very well as we were all born and raised there though none of us of is still living there but we have still have our properties there. Growing up there was sweet as we grew up with lots of igbo families around us . Eucharia Anunobi's family lived four houses away from us and my mum used to send us to go pluck fresh curry and nchanwu from their compound, can't forget that their black dog called Jalingo, the dog's past-time was chasing children. It died when l was in Primary 5 and kids were very happy! Ironically, l know love dogs as l will always look forward to bathing our dogs every Saturdaycheesy cheesy cheesy

As per disappearing... so much activities but indoors today watching the Wimbledon Finals.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Grego3(m): 3:31pm On Jul 12, 2015
Happy Sunday all, I'm Greg from d Diocese of Warri.

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 3:41pm On Jul 12, 2015
Grego3:
Happy Sunday all, I'm Greg from d Diocese of Warri.

Please accept "You're welcome" from me. However, the hospitality ministry members will be with you shortly.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by hurricaneChris: 3:55pm On Jul 12, 2015
bluerange:

Congratulations.
Thanks dear.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by hurricaneChris: 4:05pm On Jul 12, 2015
Kamsified:

I agree with u on the bolded

By the way food is ready
Mehnnn, these look scary!
I don't want again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 5:51pm On Jul 12, 2015
Happy sunday brethren smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 5:56pm On Jul 12, 2015
Na wa o, finally Nairaland has allowed me post on this thread again. Smh
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:01pm On Jul 12, 2015
Kamsified:

Nne here I am

Yes o to God be d glory, great things he doeth daily

And she finally surfaced!!!

We missed you dear.......your zing almost went to sambisa in search of you grin

So good to have you back
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:03pm On Jul 12, 2015
A friend sent me this, am not sure it really happened but the lesson is on point.

A guy attended a wedding. after the wedding the reception was a gathering of about 30 people. he sat at the front seat. Then a lady started sharing food. She started from the back and unfortunately, it didn't
reach those at the front. When her friends started sharing drinks, they started from the front but unfortunately, he had already changed his seat to the back. Again, the drink didn't reach him.

The guy was so furious and he stood up to take his leave but then he saw three ladies each with a big bowl.

This time, he tried to be wise by seating at the middle. To his uttermost surprise, one of the ladies started sharing from the front...and the second lady started distributing from the back. It was turkey meat. When it got to the middle where he was seated it got finished again.

Feeling so frustrated, he bent his head, not looking at any face... .. BUT then the third lady tapped him and stretched her bowl that he should pick.. he stretched his hand...

Guess what was in the bowl? **TOOTHPICK.**

LESSON-;

Wait on the LORD and he will locate you at where you are. Don't change your faith/belief. God knows your seat! don't try to be smart and miss his blessing! The race is not for the swift! Keep on believing in God.

*and I say...the virtue of patience can't be over emphasised, let's make sure we don't leave or give up just when God is coming to attend to us.

A glorious sunday to you brethren. smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:20pm On Jul 12, 2015
jnrbayano:
Happy Sunday brethren.

Testimony time!

*Grabs the mic

*Sing with me*

When we get to heaven
At the marriage supper
At the last assembly
No more sad story
No more heart breaking
Farewell to sorrow
Victory at last.

cheesy cool
smiley smiley smiley cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
That's all I am doing now
I Thank God with you and for you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:22pm On Jul 12, 2015
Kamsified:

Lol she's truly back! This your picture eh cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 9:46am On Jul 13, 2015
Today's Gospel Matthew 10:34-11:1

"Anyone who prefers father or mother to me is not worthy of me. Anyone who prefers son or daughter to me is not worthy of me. Anyone who does not take his cross and follow in my footsteps is not worthy of me...If anyone gives so much as a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is a disciple, then I tell you solemnly, he will most certainly not lose his reward...".

Sometimes we just read certain passages in scripture without grasping the weight. Modern Christianity is mostly on the lips and not beyond, that's why we have so much Christians in numerous Churches yet it's a harsh society out there. Do you know that it is those who still have a good measure of grace that recognize when they've chosen relations over God these days? Many simply live their lives as if nothing happened. Yet one has no right to trivialize the dilemma of those who find them selves in these unfortunate situations where such choices are to be made.

There's this priest, who lost his only brother a few months to his Diaconate ordination, O what pressure was he not subjected to, so as to get married and continue the family lineage. There is this couple whose marriage is not blessed with any child, the lady amidst pressure from relatives, advise of adultery and subtle Idolatory by "concerned friends", was still faced with a barrage of men trying to take advantage of her seeming vulnerability. Often times examples are been given of people who turned away from Christ and still had their way, and are now living "happily"... Yet dearly beloved, I dare say to you today;" Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes." Ps.37:7. Do not join those who know more than the church, who trivialize the church's' teachings because of laziness or spiritual laxity in the face of temptation. Remember that we are only but strangers here, and nothing on earth can diminish our joy in heaven.

Do you have a priest in your parish or chaplaincy as the case may be...especially in rural areas, how does he feed? Do you know the last time your priest got an encouraging word? Are you sure someone in that parish will pray for him today? Do you have any contributions towards the missions? hmm.....yet the words of the master keeps ringing..."If anyone gives so much as a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is a disciple, then I tell you solemnly, he will most certainly not lose his reward" He said.

Good morning brethren, a splendid day ahead to all.

Today's Special thoughts goes to " MzflexyDeeva, MOBJECTIVE, ChineloSA, Missonas, Agimor, Matty145, Kizmarty, Stunningjudy,BigBen10, Maureenah, Woky, Peppyluv02, Mildteddy, MrAladin (oga landlord), Hidentity, Burmak, Lordnammy, titoetal". May you and yours be secured in the hollow of His Divine Palm. Amen.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Tobetoe(m): 4:42pm On Jul 13, 2015
Lord have mercy, ... I havnt been online all these while , so many updates here.. CARITAS CHRISTI urgent nos

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:16pm On Jul 15, 2015
Too calm...where is everyone?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 8:20pm On Jul 15, 2015
SalC:
Too calm...where is everyone?

Right here...*turn around* smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 9:26pm On Jul 15, 2015
jnrbayano:

Right here...*turn around* smiley
Lol now I see you cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 7:00pm On Jul 16, 2015
Kamsified:

Affirmative dear. Thanks a lot. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.