Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,074 members, 7,867,071 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:26 AM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (522679 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by MariaGoretti: 5:38am On Dec 01, 2013
youngprofdguru: Good thread @Op
of cus, anything concerning God is always super good.

you are highly nnoo!

but erm, that thing wey you troway reach my side, e no reach my hand sha.
try the alternate one for my proffy.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 7:02am On Dec 01, 2013
Sal C: Happy new month to my brethren in the house,

POPEII, FrancisTony, Rich4god, Italo,Woky,Syncan, Ubenedictus, babestell, Maria Gorreti, mykindofperfect, Jrbayano Nonso23, Okpurukata, Mr Aladin, Richieboyn, Chidima, Thersa, Adesua veronica,Unongu,damerry, cypher cypher, Chukwudi44, stricktlymi, Nomski0, engrtee, leon12

May God almighty bless,uphold, protect, preserve and grant you your utmost heart desire as we step into this new and blessed month in Jesus name Amen.

Please if I didn't mention your name, kindly pardon me, but bear in mind you are so so blessed.

GREETINGS FROM SAL C
SAME TO YOU SIR.
Gracias *bows*
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Richieboyn: 7:05am On Dec 01, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
nna eh Richieboy, this your prayer kpukwa oku n'onu o.
if i hear say devil wan thread illegally for our lives.........e be learner?

chai, thank you my brother and a million times amen to the prayers
HAPPY DECEMBER TO ALL MY NWANNEMUS IN THIS HONOURABLE HOUSE!

my dear when I realised it was gettin tu long, i came bk to myself, if nt i felt lyk continuing. (u kw itz lyk dt smtyms).
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 7:06am On Dec 01, 2013

POPEII, FrancisTony, Rich4god, Italo,Woky,Syncan, Ubenedictus, babestell, Maria Gorreti, mykindofperfect, Jrbayano Nonso23, Okpurukata, Mr Aladin, Richieboyn, Chidima, Thersa, Adesua veronica,Unongu,damerry, cypher cypher, Chukwudi44, stricktlymi, Nomski0, engrtee, leon12

May God almighty bless,uphold, protect, preserve and grant you your utmost heart desire as we step into this new and blessed month in Jesus name Amen.

Please if I didn't mention your name, kindly pardon me, but bear in mind you are so so blessed.

GREETINGS FROM SAL C
tnkx sis

so proud to hav you as a sister and mother of my catholic brothers..

You think say beans to born 13?? grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Richieboyn: 7:06am On Dec 01, 2013
FrancisTony: SAME TO YOU shocked SIR shocked.
Gracias *bows*

LOL!!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 7:09am On Dec 01, 2013
Richieboyn: In the Blessed name of the Most Holy Trinity, I welcome you all to the Blessed Month of DECEMBER.
I welcome you to a very special month. I welcome you to the last month of the year. I welcome you to that month dat will usher in a brand new year to us.
To this new month of December where God is going to work wonders; I say YOU ARE WELCOME. To this month where you are going to experience and feel Yahweh's; I say WELCOME. To this month of RESTORATION, whereby EVERYTHING which you have lost from January till now will locate you double-fold; my dear I say welcome.
To the month of ABUNDANCE; I say WELCOME! I welcome you SPECIALLY to the month of good health conditions, a month of God's providence, a month of journey mercies no matter the means of transportation, a month in which you'll continually exclaim 'THANK YOU JESUS!', a month in which people will ask the secret of your progress. I welcome you to the month in which there shall be Business prosperity-The word of God says in Genesis 3:19 "out of the labour of your hands you shall eat" and in Psalm 128:2 you shall eat of the fruit of your labour. Heaven and earth will fade, but Yahweh's word FOREVER stands, therefore these words will manifest in your life in the mighty name of JESUS!
Even though this a period of loss of lives and blood, because you're a member of this family, u are exempted from any tragic event this month IN THE MIGHTY NAME OF JESUS! Anybody after your life will go in your stead in the mighty name of Jesus!
In Exodus 12:13 when I see the blood I will pass over you, may the Blood of Jesus be upon you, your family and evrything connected to you in the mighty name of Jesus!

THIS IS A MONTH OF CELEBRATION AND WE MUST CELEBRATE. NO DEMON CAN CHANGE OUR CELEBRATION TO MOURNING. WE HAVE BOTH INSURANCE AND ASSURANCE BY THE BLOOD OF JESUS (THE CRUCIFIED CHRIST WHO DIED THAT WE MAY LIVE, BECAME POOR THAT WE MIGHT BE RICH). May that blood, that precious blood, that wonder-working blood work miracles in our lives this month in the Mighty name of Jesus! Thank you Father for receiving our prayers (even our private intentions). AMEN! AMEN!! AMEN!!!

HAPPY NEW MONTH.
THEME OF DECEMBER: Matthew 28:20b- I am with you ALWAYS even to the end of the age. Amen.
Amen Amen Amen.!!!
God blss u bro
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 7:12am On Dec 01, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
of cus, anything concerning God is always super good.

you are highly nnoo!

but erm, that thing wey you troway reach my side, e no reach my hand sha.
try the alternate one for my proffy.
Nne, i dy see your handiwork

daalu o

Chukwu gozie gi

ke maka ur dad??
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 7:33am On Dec 01, 2013

POPEII, FrancisTony, Rich4god my son, Italo,Woky,Syncan, Ubenedictus, babestell, Maria Gorreti, mykindofperfect, Jrbayano Nonso23, Okpurukata, Mr Aladin, Richieboyn, Chidima, Thersa, Adesua veronica,Unongu,damerry, cypher cypher, Chukwudi44, stricktlymi, Nomski0, engrtee, leon12

GREETINGS FROM SAL C
Thanks mumsi... Which day we go go market for Xmas shopping.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 7:40am On Dec 01, 2013
Happy new month to you all... May God's protection see us through this month and other months of our life through Christ our Lord...

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:25am On Dec 01, 2013
Behold, how good and how pleasant it is For brethren to dwell together in unity! .. Ps 133:1

Amen, Amen. May our days ahead be richly blessed.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:31am On Dec 01, 2013

GREETINGS FROM SAL C

Thanks Sis, Its been an honour to be with you and the rest brethren, in this vehicle. Greetings from Syncan too. cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 9:40am On Dec 01, 2013
Greetings to everyone...and happy new month. Remember that it's more like happy new year because today marks the beginning of Advent - a new liturgical year in the Church.

"The night is advanced, the day is at hand. Let us then throw off the works of darkness and put on the armor of light; let us conduct ourselves properly as in the day" - says the 2nd reading of today.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by MariaGoretti: 11:24am On Dec 01, 2013
@Richie
me underdstand wella...more firewood to kindle that fire o.

@Woky
my brother,thank you too

popsy just dey o......thank God for life and good health.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 12:24pm On Dec 01, 2013
HAPPY NEW MONTH brethren. Accept that picx in advance. *winks*

Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 1:15pm On Dec 01, 2013
Thanks Sal C,
Happy new month to the house. May the start of advent gring joyous news into our lives
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 1:41pm On Dec 01, 2013
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 1:58pm On Dec 01, 2013
Happy sunday brethren hope you all attended mass today.
@Rich4god i saw what you did there lol.
@Richieboyn amen and thanks for the prayers.
@Maria Gorreti thanks for keeping the flag flying.

@youngprofdguru you are highly welcome home.

@FrancisTony Lol Sal C ain‘t no sir oo.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 2:49pm On Dec 01, 2013
Hmmm... Viewing someone with my night googles.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Demainman1: 2:52pm On Dec 01, 2013
Peace be unto everyone on this thread who share my Catholic faith in Jesus name, Amen
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 3:03pm On Dec 01, 2013
Demain_man: Peace be unto everyone on this thread who share my Catholic faith in Jesus name, Amen
You are most welcome to this house Demain man. We are happy to have you here and trust you will come around often. May the almighty God richly bless you.

Once again you are welcome.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 3:08pm On Dec 01, 2013
Nonso23: wishing you the same and more @Sal C and Richieboyn smiley

I hope everyone is using this season to ponder and reflect upon one of the greatest events that changed the perilous course of humanity for good. Advent is not just a time for merriment and celebration. It's also a time for deep personal mediation on what would have befallen mankind had God in his infinite mercies not sent our lord and savior Jesus Christ down to earth to redeem our souls.
Wishing everyone a fruitful and beautiful advent! cheesy

NP: O, Holy Night.
Same to you bro
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Boomark(m): 3:26pm On Dec 01, 2013
Sal C: Happy sunday brethren hope you all attended mass today.

You are a sis? I no no o! And i was so harsh as if i was dealing with a sir. Don't be offended, all i do is laugh most time when type.

Do you know those that are called Vocational brethren? They are Catholics and they told me something which I rejected.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:29pm On Dec 01, 2013
Boomark:

You are a sis? I no no o! And i was so harsh as if i was dealing with a sir. Don't be offended, all i do is laugh most time when type.

Do you know those that are called Vocational brethren? They are Catholics and they told me something which I rejected.
I don‘t know about them. If they told you something you rejected, good for you. Or you can go and iron it out with them.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 01, 2013
Sal C: Happy sunday brethren hope you all attended mass today.

LOL. You're Ma. I didn't know oo 'cos yhu didn't indicate your gender but your moniker/name sounds like male. Sorry Ma'am
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 9:12pm On Dec 01, 2013
Hello all... I have been having a hard time coming to terms with the way some parishes scout for money. I even have it in mind of opening a thread about it but on a second thought I decided to bring it out here on this thread for a more quite discussion. Now, thank God someone have made my workload easier by opening a similar thread about it. No I want us to discuss about this. Here is the link to the thread...
https://www.nairaland.com/1538429/catholic-church-turning-pentecostal
This has become a serious issue that most time, people change parish whenever there is/are lauching/harvest @ their base parish cos of time spent on this program... Will be back.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 9:18pm On Dec 01, 2013
FrancisTony: LOL. You're Ma. I didn't know oo 'cos yhu didn't indicate your gender but your moniker/name sounds like male. Sorry Ma'am
No probs
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 9:21pm On Dec 01, 2013
To make it easier, I will be listing some real issues (one after the other) with the way some parishes scout for money, so that we can have a more precise discussion.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Boomark(m): 9:36pm On Dec 01, 2013
Sal C: I don‘t know about them. If they told you something you rejected, good for you. Or you can go and iron it out with them.

ok.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 12:03am On Dec 02, 2013
Rich4god: Hello all... I have been having a hard time coming to terms with the way some parishes scout for money. I even have it in mind of opening a thread about it but on a second thought I decided to bring it out here on this thread for a more quite discussion. Now, thank God someone have made my workload easier by opening a similar thread about it. No I want us to discuss about this. Here is the link to the thread...
https://www.nairaland.com/1538429/catholic-church-turning-pentecostal
This has become a serious issue that most time, people change parish whenever there is/are lauching/harvest @ their base parish cos of time spent on this program... Will be back.
there is nothing wrong in giving money to your church/Catholic church , at least we see where the money goes unlike in some erm I did not say anything . Anyway in the best of my knowledge tithes are not mandatory in the catholic church I mean priests don't harass people for it. So my advice to you is to pay what you want when you have or want ,however if you still have some doubts about what your priest is doing with the money you can ask him directly
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 12:27am On Dec 02, 2013
POPE II: there is nothing wrong in giving money to your church/Catholic church , at least we see where the money goes unlike in some erm I did not say anything . Anyway in the best of my knowledge tithes are not mandatory in the catholic church I mean priests don't harass people for it. So my advice to you is to pay what you want when you have or want ,however if you still have some doubts about what your priest is doing with the money you can ask him directly
I never said there is anything wrong... But its the means by which they go about it that get me concerned.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 12:39am On Dec 02, 2013
Rich4god:
I never said there is anything wrong... But its the means by which they go about it that get me concerned.
I know I was kinda talking in general, before harvesting the,parish always sets a goal to reach, building toilets in the church, replacing seats etc and the goals are made known for everyone , also the amount of money is made public every Sunday, I have found myself giving money thrice in. One mass it is not a big deal sometimes I came unprepared so I don't even participate etc , as a Catholic you shouldn't b focused much on this aspect, Germans catholics and British catholics/christians have taxes on their revenues.

Anyway brother can you tell us more ? What exactly does your priest do ? I'm confused a little bit we are talking about your story or the story in the linkyou posted above?
I'm not going to lie oo I really don't believe the story of this sagakuchi never heard before that the names of donors are made public or that they are called to receive special benedictions ,God forbid. Maybe his priest is an ex pastor
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 12:59am On Dec 02, 2013
POPE II: I know I was kinda talking in general, before harvesting the,parish always sets a goal to reach, building toilets in the church, replacing seats etc and the goals are made known for everyone , also the amount of money is made public every Sunday, I have found myself giving money thrice in. One mass it is not a big deal sometimes I came unprepared so I don't even participate etc , as a Catholic you shouldn't b focused much on this aspect, Germans catholics and British catholics/christians have taxes on their revenues.

Anyway brother can you tell us more ? What exactly does your priest do ? I'm confused a little bit we are talking about your story or the story in the linkyou posted above?
I'm not going to lie oo I really don't believe the story of this sagakuchi never heard before that the names of donors are made public or that they are called to receive special benedictions ,God forbid. Maybe his priest is an ex pastor
I have not seen such in my own parish/diocese... But where I have witnessed it are diocese of Isselu-Uku and Warri.
The main one that disturb me the most is the introduction of football fans during launching, thanks giving and harvest. At first, it started with the calling of fans of different club to file out for thanksgiving. Later, they modified it and it went to a full competition of having knock-out stages. For example, on a certain sunday, they will put up a draw of maybe chelsea vs liverpool, arsenal vs man u, etc... Probably that will be the quater final stage. Then at the semi final stage, it will be a draw of the club whose fans donated more money on head to head basis in the previous round. Parishioners are really complaining but dont know why the bishop have to allow such practices. It seems to be promoting worldly things like football. Am not against giving to the church, its just the means that gets me pissed off.

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.