Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,097 members, 7,867,155 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:29 AM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (522684 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 1:48pm On Nov 30, 2013
woky: Amen..

Mother of 13 grin
grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 1:53pm On Nov 30, 2013
Sal C: Since it's weekend, I decided to come up with the following questions, seeking for answers to them

1) Which saint is known as the 'dumb ox' and why?

2)Which pope is the 118th in the succession of popes and when did he reign?

3)Which Pope officially declared 'Amen' to be used at the end of prayers or hymn and when was his reign?

4) The use of Halleluyah in religious activities was officially declared by which Pope and when was his reign?

5) Which Pope was the first to change his name upon election because he felt unworthy bearing the name of the great apostle.( What was his name before papacy and also his papal name) when was his reign.

Happy weekend to you!!!
here are the questions,
No1 has been answered.

Where are Uben and Italo na?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 1:55pm On Nov 30, 2013
Richieboyn:

so ur own na to just de share questions round threads ba cheesy
yes o
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 1:56pm On Nov 30, 2013
woky: u mean ukuts thread??
YEP
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 1:57pm On Nov 30, 2013
woky: u too dy ask hard question

LOL
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 2:05pm On Nov 30, 2013
Sal C: YEP
he doesnt want to answer your questions, yet he wants u to answer his
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 2:05pm On Nov 30, 2013
Sal C: LOL
dis one no b LoL MATTEr o

if u b teacher, i doubt if ya student go pas ya exam
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 2:09pm On Nov 30, 2013
POPE II: okay . Buy some suya for your brethren tongue
na kilishi i go buy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 2:10pm On Nov 30, 2013
Sal C: here are the questions,
No1 has been answered.

Where are Uben and Italo na?
I need to go back to catechism embarassed sad, poor me
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 2:11pm On Nov 30, 2013
woky: na kilishi i go buy
nwane I no dey eat kilishi , too dry for my liking
Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 2:15pm On Nov 30, 2013
Origin of Angelus (just for reminder) Sal C 's questions are still on

The Angelus is recited at three particular times during the day; 6 am, 12 noon, and 6 pm. Traditionally it is recited kneeling while a bell is rung. During the Easter Season, the Angelus is replaced by the Regina Caeli, a practice first instituted in 1743.

The origins of the Angelus undoubtedly lie with an 11th century custom of reciting three Hail Mary's during the evening bell. Pope Gregory IX (d 1241) ordered a bell to be rung in thepray for the people to remind to evening Crusades. In 1269 St. Bonaventure urged the faithful to adopt the custom of the Franciscans of saying three Hail Mary's as the evening bell was rung. Pope John XXII indulgenced this practice in 1318 and then again in 1327. The custom of reciting it in the morning apparently grew from the monastic custom of saying three Hail Mary's while a bell rang at Prime. The noon time custom apparently arose from the noon time commemoration of the Passion on Fridays. Pope Callistus III (1455-1458) for
prayer a as practice the commended Protection against the Turkish invasions of his time. By the sixteenth century the form of the prayer was standardized and it has been highly popular since the 17th century. Popes such as Benedict XIV, Leo XIII, Pius XI, and Pius XII

PopeMore recently,
it.

recommended

have

Paul VI wrote about it in Marialis Cultus and Pope John Paul II holds a weekly noon time Angelus address at St. Peter's Square. A partial indulgence is granted to those who devoutly recite it according to the time of the year.

Per annum Outside the Pascal Season

V. The angel of the Lord declared unto Mary;

V. Angelus Domini nuntiavit Mariae; R. Et concepit de Spiritu Sancto.

R. And she conceived of the Holy Spirit.

Ave Maria, gratia plena, Dominus tecum.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Benedicta tu in mulieribus, et benedictus

Blessed

fructus ventris tui, Iesus. Sancta Maria,

blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,

Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc, et in hora mortis nostrae. Amen.

now, and in the hour of our death. Amen.

V. Ecce ancilla Domini.

V. Behold the handmaid of the Lord:

R. Fiat mihi secundum verbum tuum.

R. Be it done unto me according to Thy word.

Hail Mary, full of grace, .....

Ave Maria, gratia plena,.......

V. Et Verbum caro factum est.

V. And the Word was made flesh:

R. Et habitavit in nobis.

R. And dwelt among us.

Ave Maria, gratia plena,....... Hail Mary, full of grace, .....

V. Ora pro nobis, sancta Dei Genetrix.

V. Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God. R. That we may be made worthy of the

R. Ut digni efficiamur promissionibus Christi.

promises of Christ.

Oremus:

Let us pray:

Gratiam tuam, quaesumus, Domine,

Pour forth, we beseech Thee, O Lord, Thy grace into our hearts, that we, to whom the

Angelo

qui,

ut

infunde;

nostris

mentibus

nuntiante, Christi Filii tui incarnationem

incarnation of Christ, Thy Son, was made

cognovimus, per passionem eius et crucem,

known by the message of an angel, may by

ad resurrectionis gloriam perducamur. Per

His passion and cross be brought to the glory of His resurrection, through the same

eundem Christum Dominum nostrum.

Christ our Lord.

R. Amen.

R. Amen.

Pascal Season

Tempore Paschali

Regina caeli, laetare, alleluia:

Queen of Heaven rejoice, alleluia:

Quia quem meruisti portare, alleluia.

For He whom you merited to bear, alleluia,

Resurrexit sicut dixit, alleluia.

Has risen as He said, alleluia.

Ora pro nobis Deum, alleluia.

Pray for us to God, alleluia.

V. Gaude et laetare, Virgo Maria, Alleluia,

V.

alleluia.

R. Quia surrexit Dominus vere, alleluia.

R. Because the Lord is truly risen, alleluia.

Oremus:

Let us pray:

Deus qui per resurrectionem Filii tui, Domini

O God, who by the Resurrection of Thy Son,

nostri Iesu Christi, mundum laetificare

our Lord Jesus Christ, granted joy to the whole

dignatus es: praesta, quaesumus, ut per eius

through the intercession of the Virgin Mary,

Genetricem Virginem Mariam, perpetuae

eundem

Per

vitae.

gaudia

capiamus

His Mother, we may lay hold of the joys of

Christum Dominum nostrum.

eternal life. Through the same Christ our

R. Amen.

Lord. R
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 3:27pm On Nov 30, 2013
^^

tnkx bro

is bin long i say the Angelus on my own

poor me
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Boomark(m): 4:04pm On Nov 30, 2013
damerry: Taaah, brethren this fellow has nothing to contribute. Please IGNORE

+ i actually invited him, he is my dear Boomark.

Caaar! You have always had nothing to say about the TRUTH.

these people love me so much and i love them too, and you want to turn them against me? Impossibulu!

@chukwudi44
thank you for welcoming and trusting me. Thanks.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Boomark(m): 4:14pm On Nov 30, 2013
woky: ^^

tnkx bro

is bin long i say the Angelus on my own

poor me

Poor woky!
SMH!!!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 4:15pm On Nov 30, 2013
viewing Italo with my 2 naked eyes
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 4:17pm On Nov 30, 2013
Boomark:

Poor woky!
SMH!!!
take optalidon after shaking ur head maka headache
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 4:25pm On Nov 30, 2013
The 118th Pope was Pope Leo V. He reigned in the year 903. He was opposed by an anti-pope Christopher.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/12272b.htm
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 4:26pm On Nov 30, 2013
woky: viewing Italo with my 2 naked eyes

How bodi?

Good evening all. smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 4:28pm On Nov 30, 2013
italo:

How bodi?

Good evening all. smiley
fine

whr u dy since?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 4:30pm On Nov 30, 2013
italo:

How bodi?

Good evening all. smiley

Guy, you are welcome, dem be de ask me of you, na small thing I for quote scripture, but the only scriptural answer wey come my head na
Gen 4:9. grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 4:30pm On Nov 30, 2013
am lookin at syncan
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 4:32pm On Nov 30, 2013
Syncan:

Guy, you are welcome, dem be de ask me of you, na small thing I for quote scripture, but the only scriptural answer wey come my head na
grin grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 4:48pm On Nov 30, 2013
Syncan:

Lmao! And may you not be Cain in Jesus' name. grin

woky: fine

whr u dy since?

My brother...Just was busy with a project I'm working on.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 5:15pm On Nov 30, 2013
italo: The 118th Pope was Pope Leo V. He reigned in the year 903. He was opposed by an anti-pope Christopher.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/12272b.htm
CORRECT!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 5:19pm On Nov 30, 2013
Sal C: Since it's weekend, I decided to come up with the following questions, seeking for answers to them

1) Which saint is known as the 'dumb ox' and why?

2)Which pope is the 118th in the succession of popes and when did he reign?

3)Which Pope officially declared 'Amen' to be used at the end of prayers or hymn and when was his reign?

4) The use of Halleluyah in religious activities was officially declared by which Pope and when was his reign?

5) Which Pope was the first to change his name upon election because he felt unworthy bearing the name of the great apostle.( What was his name before papacy and also his papal name) when was his reign.

Happy weekend to you!!!
NO1&2.....answered
still waiting.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 12:39am On Dec 01, 2013
Happy new month to my brethren in the house,

POPEII, FrancisTony, Rich4god, Italo,Woky,Syncan, Ubenedictus, babestell, Maria Gorreti, mykindofperfect, Jrbayano Nonso23, Okpurukata, Mr Aladin, Richieboyn, Chidima, Thersa, Adesua veronica,Unongu,damerry, cypher cypher, Chukwudi44, stricktlymi, Nomski0, engrtee, leon12

May God almighty bless,uphold, protect, preserve and grant you your utmost heart desire as we step into this new and blessed month in Jesus name Amen.

Please if I didn't mention your name, kindly pardon me, but bear in mind you are so so blessed.

GREETINGS FROM SAL C

4 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Boomark(m): 2:00am On Dec 01, 2013
Please, does anyone here know about the people who are called 'Vocational Brethrens' in catholic church?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Richieboyn: 2:21am On Dec 01, 2013
Sal C: Happy new month to my brethren in the house,

POPEII, FrancisTony, Rich4god, Italo,Woky,Syncan, Ubenedictus, babestell, Maria Gorreti, mykindofperfect, Jrbayano Nonso23, Okpurukata, Mr Aladin, Richieboyn, Chidima, Thersa, Adesua veronica,Unongu,damerry, cypher cypher, Chukwudi44, stricktlymi, Nomski0, engrtee, leon12

May God almighty bless,uphold, protect, preserve and grant you your utmost heart desire as we step into this new and blessed month in Jesus name Amen.

Please if I didn't mention your name, kindly pardon me, but bear in mind you are so so blessed.

GREETINGS FROM SAL C

SAME TO YOU HONEY.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Richieboyn: 2:26am On Dec 01, 2013
In the Blessed name of the Most Holy Trinity, I welcome you all to the Blessed Month of DECEMBER.
I welcome you to a very special month. I welcome you to the last month of the year. I welcome you to that month dat will usher in a brand new year to us.
To this new month of December where God is going to work wonders; I say YOU ARE WELCOME. To this month where you are going to experience and feel Yahweh's; I say WELCOME. To this month of RESTORATION, whereby EVERYTHING which you have lost from January till now will locate you double-fold; my dear I say welcome.
To the month of ABUNDANCE; I say WELCOME! I welcome you SPECIALLY to the month of good health conditions, a month of God's providence, a month of journey mercies no matter the means of transportation, a month in which you'll continually exclaim 'THANK YOU JESUS!', a month in which people will ask the secret of your progress. I welcome you to the month in which there shall be Business prosperity-The word of God says in Genesis 3:19 "out of the labour of your hands you shall eat" and in Psalm 128:2 you shall eat of the fruit of your labour. Heaven and earth will fade, but Yahweh's word FOREVER stands, therefore these words will manifest in your life in the mighty name of JESUS!
Even though this a period of loss of lives and blood, because you're a member of this family, u are exempted from any tragic event this month IN THE MIGHTY NAME OF JESUS! Anybody after your life will go in your stead in the mighty name of Jesus!
In Exodus 12:13 when I see the blood I will pass over you, may the Blood of Jesus be upon you, your family and evrything connected to you in the mighty name of Jesus!

THIS IS A MONTH OF CELEBRATION AND WE MUST CELEBRATE. NO DEMON CAN CHANGE OUR CELEBRATION TO MOURNING. WE HAVE BOTH INSURANCE AND ASSURANCE BY THE BLOOD OF JESUS (THE CRUCIFIED CHRIST WHO DIED THAT WE MAY LIVE, BECAME POOR THAT WE MIGHT BE RICH). May that blood, that precious blood, that wonder-working blood work miracles in our lives this month in the Mighty name of Jesus! Thank you Father for receiving our prayers (even our private intentions). AMEN! AMEN!! AMEN!!!

HAPPY NEW MONTH.
THEME OF DECEMBER: Matthew 28:20b- I am with you ALWAYS even to the end of the age. Amen.

4 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by MariaGoretti: 3:52am On Dec 01, 2013
nna eh Richieboy, this your prayer kpukwa oku n'onu o.
if i hear say devil wan thread illegally for our lives.........e be learner?

chai, thank you my brother and a million times amen to the prayers
HAPPY DECEMBER TO ALL MY NWANNEMUS IN THIS HONOURABLE HOUSE!

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by POPEII: 4:28am On Dec 01, 2013
Thank you sister
Same to you
Sal C: Happy new month to my brethren in the house,

GREETINGS FROM SAL C
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 5:03am On Dec 01, 2013
Good thread @Op

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.