Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,147 members, 7,811,239 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (490) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (517260 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by MuttleyLaff: 8:44pm On Oct 07, 2018
Ubenedictus:
We are humans not angels,
when d guy who wants ur head dies
sometime d most natural thing to say is thank GOD,
we see this all thru d old testament.
it takes a serious act of faith to genuinely will them well.

God though does not desire such death and i do hope he found repentance before passing.
I hear you
Case of double jeopardy, victim case and tragedy case
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 11:50pm On Oct 07, 2018
Ubenedictus:
We all know d reason wey go make aboki recieve person call.

are u shitting on syncan and lushing rich d fyn bobo?

Uben you are on your own here. Which one is shitting on Syncan again? You just enjoy stirring up trouble abi? smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 1:06am On Oct 08, 2018
SalC:
tongue
bad pezin
just becos of smal story u dey do shakara for me abi? God dey watch u
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 1:08am On Oct 08, 2018
SalC:

Uben you are on your own here. Which one is shitting on Syncan again? You just enjoy stirring up trouble abi? smiley
What i do?

someone cant speak d truth again?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 5:48am On Oct 08, 2018
hurricaneChris:

Maybe it's time to leave architecture and start writing cheesy
Thank you so much. God is really amazing.

Happy feast day brothers and sisters.

You don't need to leave architecture, u can still write on the side
You're welcome darling
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 5:49am On Oct 08, 2018
jnrbayano:

Adadioramma.

Missed you

Missed u too honey. It's really good to be home
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 5:50am On Oct 08, 2018
Rich4god I sighteth u.
Good morning this beautiful morning
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 5:51am On Oct 08, 2018
Ubenedictus:
I get time o, incase u go like talk d tori

Amebo
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 5:52am On Oct 08, 2018
UbiPetrus:
Happy Sunday, brethren.
Same to u bro. Welcome to the house
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 5:54am On Oct 08, 2018
.Today's rosary... Joyful mysteries...

Reflection.... From Today's Gospel.

The Samaritans and the Jews were known to be sworn enemies. Yet, in the parable of the Good Samaritan, Jesus presents the Samaritan as one who saw his enemy as a neighbour to be loved. In a way, the Good Samaritan represents God whose love is without boundaries, God who loves the sinner and the sinless. In a world where love is limited to those we perceive as good, the parable of the Good Samaritan is used by Jesus to teach us that our love must know no boundary. Even the enemy is to be loved. I must have goodwill towards those who do not wish me any good.

Prayer point: We pray for God's love upon our country Nigeria. At a time when the line dividing us as a nation is growing wider, we pray that God will give us the grace to narrow down the line by showing true love to one another irrespective of tribe or religion.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 5:56am On Oct 08, 2018
Kamsified:
Rich4god I sighteth u.
Good morning this beautiful morning
Good morning my dear...

This one wey you follow me leave house this early... Hope I go get my food when I come back.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 5:58am On Oct 08, 2018
SalC:

No offence taken just that I find that rush mantra hilarious. smiley
Me too
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 6:00am On Oct 08, 2018
Rich4god:
.Today's rosary... Joyful mysteries...

Reflection.... From Today's Gospel.

The Samaritans and the Jews were known to be sworn enemies. Yet, in the parable of the Good Samaritan, Jesus presents the Samaritan as one who saw his enemy as a neighbour to be loved. In a way, the Good Samaritan represents God whose love is without boundaries, God who loves the sinner and the sinless. In a world where love is limited to those we perceive as good, the parable of the Good Samaritan is used by Jesus to teach us that our love must know no boundary. Even the enemy is to be loved. I must have goodwill towards those who do not wish me any good.

Prayer point: We pray for God's love upon our country Nigeria. At a time when the line dividing us as a nation is growing wider, we pray that God will give us the grace to narrow down the line by showing true love to one another irrespective of tribe or religion.

Amen
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 6:03am On Oct 08, 2018
Rich4god:
Good morning my dear...

This one wey you follow me leave house this early... Hope I go get my food when I come back.

I'm not going anywhere today sweetheart. Just woke up to say hello to my brethren. Im about going back to bed now.
Na sleep dey rush me as I type
Re: A Thread For Catholics by chikk(f): 9:09am On Oct 08, 2018
Ubenedictus:
I go do this when i reach house. priests like sma, johnbosco, clarentians, even jesuits etc have missionary character and dem need money for their work. these people don turn begger if ur parish rich abeg consider these people mission.

I can only speak for my self o. I am yet to see a catholic parish that is poor, except the parish is still in building. i don't want to judge, but God knows i am not happy with the way some parishes keep gathering money and basically do little with the money. These missionaries need more money than the federal government. But what can i say? That brings me to Rich4god's post below:

Rich4god:
I don't know if they have office in Lagos, but this is their Abuja contact

53 It's Abubakar crescent off Alex Ekweme way Jabi district Abuja.

Or you can try their parish in Lagos...

St Joseph Catholic Church Gowon Estate Lagos

The parish above is actually my parish in Egbeda. This is where i was the very Sunday the SMA missionaries came to appeal for assistance. That was the first time i learnt of them. Let me not talk too much, i'm just not happy with some parishes sha. However, the people that came said they have their office somewhere inside Lagos.

I got a number online and called. Spoke with one father Charles and he gave me the contacts i needed. They seem to have their head office in Oyo and their Lagos office somewhere in Anthony.

Ubenedictus, please, think well on doing something for them missionaries o. They need it.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by chikk(f): 9:10am On Oct 08, 2018
Kamsified:

Hey mama

My email doesn't work. I couldn't access it. Seems u tried checking on me at some point.
Thanks

How have u been

I've been good dear. Thank you.
Hope you've been fine too?
Good morning
Re: A Thread For Catholics by chikk(f): 9:12am On Oct 08, 2018
jnrbayano:

Yaaaaayyyy

Chikitolisis

Where you put head since? shocked

I dont know why seun is yet to increase the emoticon on nairaland. What i need for you now is that smiley that says "please-talk-to-my-hand, i-don't-want-to-talk-to-you"
Re: A Thread For Catholics by chikk(f): 9:15am On Oct 08, 2018
Kamsified:

My brother , na stress dey rush me since
But I'm back now

Thank God its just stress and not your village people rushing you. Its a part of life nah
Re: A Thread For Catholics by chikk(f): 9:24am On Oct 08, 2018
Good morning everyone,

Thanks Rich4god for today's reflection. I remember in the past, during October/may devotions (a bi na lent?) we normally choose specific days with petitions and each person gets prayed for on their said days. I dont know what Rich4god is planning this time, but if this can still be done, kindly book me down for the 16th of this month.

It'll be my birthday on the 16th and i'd like to be greedy with my petition. i ask for 4 things:

1: For the missionaries
2. For the poor and needy
3: For the soul of the faithful departed
4: For my sick father

Thanks everyone and have a lovely day/week ahead
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 10:05am On Oct 08, 2018
chikk:

I dont know why seun is yet to increase the emoticon on nairaland. What i need for you now is that smiley that says "please-talk-to-my-hand, i-don't-want-to-talk-to-you"

Haba cry

O ginizi nnenne nnelinne?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 2:34pm On Oct 08, 2018
chikk:

Ewooo
Nne na vex dey rush u? angry
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 2:35pm On Oct 08, 2018
I sighteth Aizenosa.
Hallo dear
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 2:37pm On Oct 08, 2018
chikk:

I've been good dear. Thank you.
Hope you've been fine too?
Good morning

I'm fine now. In salc's voice; "it all ended in praise"
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Aizenosa(m): 2:40pm On Oct 08, 2018
Kamsified:
I sighteth Aizenosa.
Hallo dear

I am fine ooo, peeping from the side lines
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 2:41pm On Oct 08, 2018
chikk:
Good morning everyone,

Thanks Rich4god for today's reflection. I remember in the past, during October/may devotions (a bi na lent?) we normally choose specific days with petitions and each person gets prayed for on their said days. I dont know what Rich4god is planning this time, but if this can still be done, kindly book me down for the 16th of this month.

It'll be my birthday on the 16th and i'd like to be greedy with my petition. i ask for 4 things:

1: For the missionaries
2. For the poor and needy
3: For the soul of the faithful departed
4: For my sick father

Thanks everyone and have a lovely day/week ahead

Nnem pls assist him if u can. Rich4god is quite busy.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 2:43pm On Oct 08, 2018
Aizenosa:

I am fine ooo, peeping from the side lines
wonderful.
Good to know you're good
Let me just remind u that peeping without commenting is a violation here angry
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 2:46pm On Oct 08, 2018
where is Syncan?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by chikk(f): 3:32pm On Oct 08, 2018
Kamsified:

Ewooo
Nne na vex dey rush u? angry

Na vex o. Who's sweetheart is he sef? let me report him appropriately.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by chikk(f): 3:32pm On Oct 08, 2018
Kamsified:
where is Syncan?

At the chapel. He extended his divine mercy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by chikk(f): 3:34pm On Oct 08, 2018
Kamsified:

Nnem pls assist him if u can. Rich4god is quite busy.

I've assisted already nah. Reminded him of the tradition or norm. So everyone can choose their days now and he will record accordingly.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by UbiPetrus: 4:41pm On Oct 08, 2018
Kamsified:

Same to u bro. Welcome to the house
Thanks, brother. I feel honored to be with the brethren.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:24pm On Oct 08, 2018
UbiPetrus:
Thanks, brother. I feel honored to be with the brethren.

Kamsified is a sister

(1) (2) (3) ... (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.